Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talksport 10:56 - Jan 13 with 6073 viewsLowerloftLad

i heard Charlie Austin was on talksport this morning i missed it. has anyone got a link or did anyone listen to it this morning?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

talksport on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 4864 viewsnix

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1610517600/1610530200/

It's about 4 minutes into the 9.30-10am segment. Just listened to it. Highlights are that he's loving being back, thinks he can offer more than just goals and wants to help anyone that has any questions in the team and he's already developing a good relationship with Dykes (who he's calling Dykesy already. Incidentally Ally McCoist was raving about Dykes and thinks they'll form a really good partnership. He hinted at being unhappy previously, saying you don't play your best when you're not enjoying your work. But buzzing at being back.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 12:03]
talksport on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 4726 viewsLythamR

He sounds very happy, mentioned clicking naturally with Dykes in brief training session and during the game.

Very encouraging
talksport on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 4690 viewsjeffranger

That was a good listen & he seemed very happy
talksport on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 4641 viewsWokingR

Love the fact that even the club were worried they had over done the build up and that his response was "don't worry, I've got your back"
talksport on 12:25 - Jan 13 with 4566 viewsextratimeR

Cheers!

Link works fine, good comments about Lyndon Dykes, Charlie in good form.
talksport on 12:27 - Jan 13 with 4548 viewsLowerloftLad

thank you for posting the link

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

talksport on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 4473 viewsW7Ranger

Cracking interview.
talksport on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 4469 viewsLongsufferingR

He really sounds like he's matured as a person as well as still being able to do it on the pitch. Will be a huge asset to the rest of the team and coaches. Brilliant stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

talksport on 12:51 - Jan 13 with 4367 viewsBoston

Dunno what station it was, but I was flicking through a few British ones yesterday morning and heard that Warburton was calling for a months break due to the Covid. Wonder what his thoughts were ten hours later?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

talksport on 13:36 - Jan 13 with 4172 viewsdaveB

talksport on 12:51 - Jan 13 by Boston

Dunno what station it was, but I was flicking through a few British ones yesterday morning and heard that Warburton was calling for a months break due to the Covid. Wonder what his thoughts were ten hours later?

the same I'd imagine but football wants to carry on and pretend it's normal
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 13:37]
talksport on 13:42 - Jan 13 with 4125 viewsMaggsinho

talksport on 12:40 - Jan 13 by LongsufferingR

He really sounds like he's matured as a person as well as still being able to do it on the pitch. Will be a huge asset to the rest of the team and coaches. Brilliant stuff.

I thought that too when I watched his interview on Saturday, really seemed to appreciate what he was coming into, his role as an experienced player and what benefits he could bring to the team and the club.
talksport on 13:45 - Jan 13 with 4112 viewstraininvain

talksport on 13:36 - Jan 13 by daveB

the same I'd imagine but football wants to carry on and pretend it's normal
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 13:37]

I don’t think it’s necessarily a case of football wanting to carry on and pretend life is normal. I suspect it all comes down to money with Sky, BT etc calling the shots.

The only two ways I can see football being suspended again is 1) the government put a stop to it or 2) footballers down tools.

It doesn’t look like the government will intervene and I can only see footballers calling for suspension if we see big numbers testing positive and the players decide it’s too risky.
talksport on 13:53 - Jan 13 with 4051 viewsWestbourneR

Honestly, watching football is one of the few pleasures I have in my life at the moment, I think it's a public service to keep it on.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

talksport on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 4020 viewsLongsufferingR

talksport on 13:53 - Jan 13 by WestbourneR

Honestly, watching football is one of the few pleasures I have in my life at the moment, I think it's a public service to keep it on.

Absolutely. That and the horse racing are keeping me away from the edge.
talksport on 14:00 - Jan 13 with 4001 viewsstowmarketrange

talksport on 13:45 - Jan 13 by traininvain

I don’t think it’s necessarily a case of football wanting to carry on and pretend life is normal. I suspect it all comes down to money with Sky, BT etc calling the shots.

The only two ways I can see football being suspended again is 1) the government put a stop to it or 2) footballers down tools.

It doesn’t look like the government will intervene and I can only see footballers calling for suspension if we see big numbers testing positive and the players decide it’s too risky.

Surely the PFA should be getting involved in discussions about whether football should continue.
Or is their only spokesman out on his farewell tour?

I’d hate to see football stopped,but if the players aren’t safe any more,then it has to.But players don’t exactly help themselves much by continuing to shake hands and hug each other after the final whistle.Managers too.
talksport on 14:29 - Jan 13 with 3876 viewsPinnerPaul

& Charlie hates VAR - confirms his God like status to me now!
talksport on 14:39 - Jan 13 with 3830 viewsTheChef

talksport on 14:29 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

& Charlie hates VAR - confirms his God like status to me now!

Is there anyone who likes VAR??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

talksport on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 3705 views18StoneOfHoop

talksport on 14:00 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

Surely the PFA should be getting involved in discussions about whether football should continue.
Or is their only spokesman out on his farewell tour?

I’d hate to see football stopped,but if the players aren’t safe any more,then it has to.But players don’t exactly help themselves much by continuing to shake hands and hug each other after the final whistle.Managers too.

It's the phlegmy ostentatious flobbing hawking gobbing and spitting I don't like.
#Transmission #Ewwwww
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:40]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

talksport on 15:24 - Jan 13 with 3696 viewsToast_R

Really good listen that thanks for posting.

Nice to know he's happiest at QPR and he's naturally able to be giving it his all. Where the heart is etc.
talksport on 16:11 - Jan 13 with 3583 viewsChrisNW6

Great listen - Thanks

Who is Charlie referring to when he says 'Mozza' I've got your back?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 16:12]
talksport on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 3568 viewsLongsufferingR

talksport on 16:11 - Jan 13 by ChrisNW6

Great listen - Thanks

Who is Charlie referring to when he says 'Mozza' I've got your back?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 16:12]

Paul Morrissey who does the media stuff and matchday announcing
talksport on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 3560 viewsHunterhoop

talksport on 13:58 - Jan 13 by LongsufferingR

Exactly!
talksport on 16:40 - Jan 13 with 3477 viewsnix

talksport on 13:58 - Jan 13 by LongsufferingR

For me it's the cricket and the football but yes I completely agree. That and my binge watching French TV box sets which gives me the excuse that it is educational, so thanks for all the recommendations on the TV thread.

It does seem to have affected particularly clubs, but being young, fit guys they all seem to get over it quickly . And maybe they realise that it's better for the clubs to not go under if Sky can't pay them if football were to stop indefinitely. So many people signed the petition to allow us back into the grounds, so it's obviously an element of normality that's keeping people sane at the moment. Even giving us something to talk about on here helps with our mental health.
talksport on 16:45 - Jan 13 with 3459 viewsRog

I thought this tweet he did this morning was interesting too...

talksport on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 3351 viewslightwaterhoop

talksport on 15:22 - Jan 13 by 18StoneOfHoop

It's the phlegmy ostentatious flobbing hawking gobbing and spitting I don't like.
#Transmission #Ewwwww
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:40]

I dont like the spitting either but i think that by and large the players have made a great effort in these worrying times in giving us some entertainment.I dont want the season suspended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024