Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And then a hero comes along — Report 17:18 - Jan 13 with 3541 viewsNorthernr

And then a hero comes along — Report 13th Jan 2021 17:00
Charlie Austin marked his second coming at QPR with a goal as the R’s registered a first win in 11 attempts to pull clear of the bottom three at Luton Town on Tuesday night. 30

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:39 - Jan 13 with 2944 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Like you, Clive, I thought MOTM was Dykes. But I can't begrudge Austin.

Cracking report. So many great lines, so many 'Chuckles'.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:43 - Jan 13 with 2914 viewsPinnerPaul

"There was a cuddle of unity, great for social distancing, and some knee taking to be done before the football by gas lamp got under way — Luton not the first, and certainly not the last, to find those petrol station torches sold under the promise of ‘the light of a million candles’ tend to underdeliver. Once we did get started, it was clear Charlie was in the mood, making light work of a pitch that looked more like an old boat yard than a football field with a touch, swivel and sweeping 45-yard pass across the field to a team mate. You ever thought about going professional? Not interested mate I’m making shitloads out of computers."

One of your best paragraphs - I was more perturbed by the lights than the state of the pitch as well.

Great report - few quibbles with the marks and treatment of poor old Mr Woolmer, but in the words of the great Barry Davies "Frankly, who cares?!" We won, Charlie scored and I won some money - for a change!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 12:38]
And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:52 - Jan 13 with 2858 viewsOldPedro

The section 'Somewhere in a parallel universe we were all there with him.......' perfectly encapsulates the joy of watching your team win away in the flesh. Can't wait for the next time I can experience that feeling again - Preston away from last year seems a lifetime ago!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 2846 viewsNorthernr

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:43 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

"There was a cuddle of unity, great for social distancing, and some knee taking to be done before the football by gas lamp got under way — Luton not the first, and certainly not the last, to find those petrol station torches sold under the promise of ‘the light of a million candles’ tend to underdeliver. Once we did get started, it was clear Charlie was in the mood, making light work of a pitch that looked more like an old boat yard than a football field with a touch, swivel and sweeping 45-yard pass across the field to a team mate. You ever thought about going professional? Not interested mate I’m making shitloads out of computers."

One of your best paragraphs - I was more perturbed by the lights than the state of the pitch as well.

Great report - few quibbles with the marks and treatment of poor old Mr Woolmer, but in the words of the great Barry Davies "Frankly, who cares?!" We won, Charlie scored and I won some money - for a change!

I've actually nudged him up to a seven. Important to be fair.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 18:09 - Jan 13 with 2768 viewsPinnerPaul

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:55 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I've actually nudged him up to a seven. Important to be fair.

Yes that is fair, but like the players marks, with the base being based on the result, can't be higher than that because no key match incidents and very easy game to ref.

Even I would have fancied my chances out there, it was so easy!

Not sure about this level, but lower down that IS a pretty major criteria, impossible to get very good marks if the game is seen as 'easy'.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 2722 viewsRog

"Domestic errorist Geoff Cameron"
And then a hero comes along — Report on 18:49 - Jan 13 with 2609 viewsRangersw12

The last few paragraphs describing what it would of been like if we there is a 10/10
And then a hero comes along — Report on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 2584 viewsLongsufferingR

I was going to say let's hope our first awayday back isn't in a shthole like Luton, but actually it would be perfect. So close you can see that Danny Shittu's thighs are actually the same circumference as your own house. So close that you make a little plan to get on the pitch when QPR take the lead, only to lose 3-0. Feeling like the KPFS is the most modern stadium in the world, and most importantly crammed in with those from Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze, singers singing, non-singers singing, team winning.

Won't be long!
Login to get fewer ads

And then a hero comes along — Report on 19:58 - Jan 13 with 2374 viewsWren67

"and remember that while we’re savagely tearing into these young lads on social media over something as inconsequential as football, they could have all manner of things going on in the background."

Great report and soooo empathetic too
And then a hero comes along — Report on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 2172 viewscolinallcars

Cracking report.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 2163 viewsRs_Holy

And then a hero comes along — Report on 18:49 - Jan 13 by Rangersw12

The last few paragraphs describing what it would of been like if we there is a 10/10

+1
And then a hero comes along — Report on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1951 viewsstainrods_elbow

And then a hero comes along — Report on 17:43 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Barry Davies is dead? I must have missed the obituaries!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

And then a hero comes along — Report on 23:05 - Jan 13 with 1903 viewsdaveB

love the bit about if we had been there. No a game has gone by this season where no matter the result or the performance I haven't wished I had been there. The thought of singing Charlie Austins name again and the scenes when that 2nd goal went in are living in my head and it is heartbreaking we can't do any of this. The likelihood is we'll not be back in stadiums, certainly not back in the big numbers to see Austin play for us again. It's tainted every win for me this season (not many I know) and made every defeat feel worse
And then a hero comes along — Report on 00:13 - Jan 14 with 1789 viewsted_hendrix

Great report Clive, I thought we were bloody good considering that on the Saturday the utter disappointment of losing at Home to Fulham whilst playing 120 + minutes of football must have knocked the teams confidence and I'd imagine having to turn out and play an important game a few days later whilst probably being knackered would have been a bridge to far.

The boys done well, very well.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

And then a hero comes along — Report on 09:43 - Jan 14 with 1481 viewsGalileo

Tremendous report
Full of nostalgia evoking memories of many trips to that God forsaken town which never failed to deliver in terms of entertainment for one reason or another, many of which are listed in the penultimate paragraph
And then a hero comes along — Report on 10:02 - Jan 14 with 1450 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive, for making it one of those night's where 'every one of us was there'.

Ted makes a good point which many of us were concerned about in advance but had forgotten in the euphoria surrounding the triumphant return of our hero. The fatigue element seemed to have been a minor inconvenience, such was the lift to everybody after Saturday's disappointment.

When Bonn beautifully slotted that late goal, I found myself out of my seat and standing in front of the TV both fists clenched and yelling YESSSSS! Such was the disappointment and tension of the last few weeks lifted.

We now all need to keep our fingers crossed, say our prayers, stay indoors, hands, face and space or whatever, that Charlie stays fit, the virus is brought under control and some of us can get back to our spiritual home and pay homage to our King before the season ends.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 10:27 - Jan 14 with 1400 viewsterryb

Thank you Clive.

I've never seen Rangers play at Luton, but I've been to that superb stadium a few times in the '60's & '70's (it looks even worse now than it did then)!. However, I felt that I was in the away end last night when reading about life in the parallel universe!

Perhaps I'm wrong & I'm definitely being pedantic, but wasn't it Barbet that headed the ball on for Charlie's goal & not Cameron?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 13:29]
And then a hero comes along — Report on 10:29 - Jan 14 with 1396 viewsNorthernr

And then a hero comes along — Report on 10:27 - Jan 14 by terryb

Thank you Clive.

I've never seen Rangers play at Luton, but I've been to that superb stadium a few times in the '60's & '70's (it looks even worse now than it did then)!. However, I felt that I was in the away end last night when reading about life in the parallel universe!

Perhaps I'm wrong & I'm definitely being pedantic, but wasn't it Barbet that headed the ball on for Charlie's goal & not Cameron?

I shall go back and check...
And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:40 - Jan 14 with 1274 viewsw7r

And then a hero comes along — Report on 10:27 - Jan 14 by terryb

Thank you Clive.

Looked like Barbet to me.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:46 - Jan 14 with 1257 viewsNorthernr

And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:40 - Jan 14 by w7r

Looked like Barbet to me.

No it's definitely Cameron. They start together at the near post, Cameron stays there and flicks it on, as Barbet peels away further out. When the celebrations start Barbet, wearing six, is five or six yards further out towards the camera.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:54 - Jan 14 with 1243 viewsLongsufferingR

And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:46 - Jan 14 by Northernr

No it's definitely Cameron. They start together at the near post, Cameron stays there and flicks it on, as Barbet peels away further out. When the celebrations start Barbet, wearing six, is five or six yards further out towards the camera.

I was convinced it was Bob Hazell
And then a hero comes along — Report on 12:28 - Jan 14 with 1177 viewsRangers67

Thanks for that report, an absolutely brilliant read and result.
And then a hero comes along — Report on 12:38 - Jan 14 with 1159 viewsPinnerPaul

And then a hero comes along — Report on 22:34 - Jan 13 by stainrods_elbow

Barry Davies is dead? I must have missed the obituaries!

Oh dear, where DID I get that from - a quick(ish)edit is in order!

Sorry Barry!
And then a hero comes along — Report on 12:54 - Jan 14 with 1131 viewsE15Hoop

And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:54 - Jan 14 by LongsufferingR

I was convinced it was Bob Hazell

Gus Caesar, surely??🤣..Oh no wait, Zesh Rehman..
And then a hero comes along — Report on 13:31 - Jan 14 with 1051 viewsterryb

And then a hero comes along — Report on 11:46 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Cheers Clive.

Another one I got wrong then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024