Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45732 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 14:41 - Jan 19 with 2367 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 14:23 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Nottingham Forest loan incoming.

For us, now or for BOS in the future?

If it's us is it Freeman?
BOS (again) on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 2304 viewsterryb

BOS (again) on 14:41 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

Forest couldn't loan Freeman to us as he is still a Sheffield United player.
BOS (again) on 15:01 - Jan 19 with 2286 viewsNorthernr

BOS. 18 months absolute tops.
BOS (again) on 15:15 - Jan 19 with 2211 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 14:22 - Jan 19 by simmo

What's your point? Both were bought as development players and added specifically to our youth team/dev squads (as most 19 year olds are) and were then invested in with coaching and games to become established first team players. What does it matter that it was 5 and 3 years respectively?

I read 'we invested years in them' as implying a bit longer than 3 and 5.

But as has been said above, players move to bigger/better clubs for more money all the time, not sure why this has been portrayed as such an unusual shocking occurrence in this case.
BOS (again) on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 2187 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 14:59 - Jan 19 by terryb

Forest couldn't loan Freeman to us as he is still a Sheffield United player.

Yes, I do know that Terryb. I meant via Sheffield Utd.
BOS (again) on 15:48 - Jan 19 with 2072 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure why BOS has chosen Fenherbache over Club Brugge, who he could have joined in the Summer. Both are Champions League regulars. I think the agent hasn't acted in the best interests of his client.

The pair of them have played QPR and it looks as if the best we can get is 750K, where we could have had 4m from Brugge.

It's clear he has no further interest in QPR and it would be hard to imagine him giving 100% for the next 23 games when he has a lucrative contract lined up. For that reason alone, we're better off getting shot as soon as possible and bringing in a replacement (Willock?) who is likely to be more committed. We've also got Smyth and Shodipo out on loan and much reported interest in Sims from Southampton.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 19 with 2052 viewsChrisNW6

Cheers Clive just wasted 15mins looking at the Forest squad trying to work whose coming in on loan 🤣
BOS (again) on 15:54 - Jan 19 with 2044 viewssimmo

BOS (again) on 15:15 - Jan 19 by PinnerPaul

I read 'we invested years in them' as implying a bit longer than 3 and 5.

But as has been said above, players move to bigger/better clubs for more money all the time, not sure why this has been portrayed as such an unusual shocking occurrence in this case.

8 years in total for 2 players still under 25. So however you 'read' it, I think it's justified to mention our investment.

Also I don't think people are shocked based on your reductive example of 'players moving for more money', but when our entire growth/survival strategy relies on us developing young players, turning them into established first teamers and then selling them on, it's right that questions should be asked when 2 of our most valuable examples walk out for a pittance after both being subject to mismanagement - on and off the pitch.

My point was more that even with these specific examples, the wider problem is that we have a DoF system in place that's not being executed correctly. We're still signing people based on who is in charge at the time, suited to whatever playing style they are aiming for, and players are choosing not to stay because of it. The thread of consistency doesn't exist and makes it pointless at best and damaging at worst.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 15:59 - Jan 19 with 2015 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think you are forgetting the hammering the fans would have given the club for signing unwanted players on 4-5 year contracts. Don't try and tell me any different, it WOULD have happened, and still is when you see the comments over Nico etc.

The grass is always greener.

BOS (again) on 16:06 - Jan 19 with 2000 viewsridethewave

Don't care that he wants to leave, as is his right. It's the manner in which he has conducted himself here which is so disappointing.
BOS (again) on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1884 viewsNorthernr

BOS (again) on 16:06 - Jan 19 by ridethewave

Don't care that he wants to leave, as is his right. It's the manner in which he has conducted himself here which is so disappointing.

But then, if you were planning to leave your employer, would you tell them months in advance? Or just hand your notice in a month before? QPR saying "you won't play for the first team unless you commit" didn't exactly incentivise a lot of honesty did it? If he came out and said "yeh I'm not signing that, and I'll be looking for pre-contract agreements from January" (which, frankly, was pretty fcking obvious) then he wouldn't have played the last four months. Instead he has played, and could have opened up other interest (though he hasn't played that well, so maybe not).

I think it's a bit lousy that QPR found out over Twitter. Once he'd signed he should have rung the manager or DOF and said. I also think his body language and performance level has left a lot to be desired so far this season. But apart from that I don't see he's done a lot wrong, or different from whenever I've left a job for another one.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BOS (again) on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 1854 viewshantssi

BOS (again) on 16:35 - Jan 19 by Northernr

But then, if you were planning to leave your employer, would you tell them months in advance? Or just hand your notice in a month before? QPR saying "you won't play for the first team unless you commit" didn't exactly incentivise a lot of honesty did it? If he came out and said "yeh I'm not signing that, and I'll be looking for pre-contract agreements from January" (which, frankly, was pretty fcking obvious) then he wouldn't have played the last four months. Instead he has played, and could have opened up other interest (though he hasn't played that well, so maybe not).

I think it's a bit lousy that QPR found out over Twitter. Once he'd signed he should have rung the manager or DOF and said. I also think his body language and performance level has left a lot to be desired so far this season. But apart from that I don't see he's done a lot wrong, or different from whenever I've left a job for another one.

Don’t disagree with any of that, however whenever I’ve moved jobs I’ve always done my best right up to closing time of the last day, after all they’re paying my salary.
The difference I guess is that I can’t really get a career ending injury sitting at a drawing board unless it collapses on me!
BOS (again) on 16:48 - Jan 19 with 1827 viewsTheChef

There is a promising player there, but currently he's trading off a three month spell between November 2019 and January 2020 where everything he touched turned to gold. Been fairly inconsistent since then, which tends to be the case in wide players - so if he can commit to the club between now and end of the season then great. If not, thanks very much, and let's take the money now and hopefully invest it wisely.

Only slight issue is if we keep playing the current system then we have to hope that Hama or someone else can step up to the plate in the LWB position. Is it a position Willock could be coached to fill?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BOS (again) on 16:50 - Jan 19 with 1810 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 15:48 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

I'm not sure why BOS has chosen Fenherbache over Club Brugge, who he could have joined in the Summer. Both are Champions League regulars. I think the agent hasn't acted in the best interests of his client.

The pair of them have played QPR and it looks as if the best we can get is 750K, where we could have had 4m from Brugge.

It's clear he has no further interest in QPR and it would be hard to imagine him giving 100% for the next 23 games when he has a lucrative contract lined up. For that reason alone, we're better off getting shot as soon as possible and bringing in a replacement (Willock?) who is likely to be more committed. We've also got Smyth and Shodipo out on loan and much reported interest in Sims from Southampton.

Surely the answer to your first para is that F'b wouldn't have to give QPR the £4.5m Bruges had to sign him. Even £2m of that would be £500k per year (c. £10k per week) over a 4 year contract or even a £1m signing on fee.

If I carry on banging on about the basic economics Bosman creates in favour of the players running down their contracts it will eventually sink in to everyone.

And don't think this is about anything other than money.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 1782 viewsAshdown_Ranger

BOS (again) on 16:44 - Jan 19 by hantssi

Don’t disagree with any of that, however whenever I’ve moved jobs I’ve always done my best right up to closing time of the last day, after all they’re paying my salary.
The difference I guess is that I can’t really get a career ending injury sitting at a drawing board unless it collapses on me!

" I can’t really get a career ending injury sitting at a drawing board..."

I've seen a guy working at his drawing board in a design studio I worked in. He put down his 0.1mm Rotring pen, without screwing on the lid. It rolled down the desk and he lunged at it before it fell of the edge and destroyed itself on the floor.

Good news was that he stopped the pen falling.

Bad news, he stabbed the almost needle-sharp nib into his thumb, right up to the hilt, absolutely howling in pain.

Ashamed to say, it was hilarious to watch and we were wetting ourselves. Sadly he got sepsis - really nasty stuff and had to take a few weeks off.

So be careful sitting at your drawing board - it's a potentially hazardous work environment!
BOS (again) on 17:02 - Jan 19 with 1758 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 16:57 - Jan 19 by Ashdown_Ranger

" I can’t really get a career ending injury sitting at a drawing board..."

I've seen a guy working at his drawing board in a design studio I worked in. He put down his 0.1mm Rotring pen, without screwing on the lid. It rolled down the desk and he lunged at it before it fell of the edge and destroyed itself on the floor.

Good news was that he stopped the pen falling.

Bad news, he stabbed the almost needle-sharp nib into his thumb, right up to the hilt, absolutely howling in pain.

Ashamed to say, it was hilarious to watch and we were wetting ourselves. Sadly he got sepsis - really nasty stuff and had to take a few weeks off.

So be careful sitting at your drawing board - it's a potentially hazardous work environment!

Don't feel bad about pissing yourself laughing;it is the correct initial response. (followed by the more concerned and humane "you alright mate" which should follow...

Can we go out yet?

BOS (again) on 17:23 - Jan 19 with 1701 viewshantssi

BOS (again) on 17:02 - Jan 19 by davman

Don't feel bad about pissing yourself laughing;it is the correct initial response. (followed by the more concerned and humane "you alright mate" which should follow...

Rotring pens, that takes me back, I think mine are still at mums along with my final college project (1983)!
I did manage to stab myself in the forehead with a scalpel blade used to carry out drawing alterations!
I also ended up in hospital with a nasty slash across the wrist made by a scalpel whilst having a “sword fight” with a mate in the office, 8 stitches!
BOS (again) on 17:29 - Jan 19 with 1680 viewsderbyhoop

BOS (again) on 16:50 - Jan 19 by davman

Surely the answer to your first para is that F'b wouldn't have to give QPR the £4.5m Bruges had to sign him. Even £2m of that would be £500k per year (c. £10k per week) over a 4 year contract or even a £1m signing on fee.

If I carry on banging on about the basic economics Bosman creates in favour of the players running down their contracts it will eventually sink in to everyone.

And don't think this is about anything other than money.

So you think it is all about the weekly wage?
Can't think the difference between Brugge and Fenherbache would be so differernt.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BOS (again) on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 1622 viewssimmo

BOS (again) on 15:59 - Jan 19 by Esox_Lucius

I think you are forgetting the hammering the fans would have given the club for signing unwanted players on 4-5 year contracts. Don't try and tell me any different, it WOULD have happened, and still is when you see the comments over Nico etc.

1) The club shouldn't be too concerned about the fans, they're far too influenced by the mouth breathers on social media as it is and they should start making decisions more on what they see on the pitch and in/around training
2) Players like Niko and Bright are nowhere near comparable - other than the fact Niko's been so ineffective Warburton would rather play the latter in his position. You could see the potential in Bright even before it started to be realised, Niko may develop into something resembling a good Championship player one day, but so far he's nowhere near and has already got a 4 year contract in his pocket - a year more than Bright ever got.

I think there was always a clear path for progressing Bright to an eventual sale and windfall, whereas for players like Niko, unfortunately I think he's more of a cheap 'make do' option until we have someone better to replace him with. Another reason the 4 years makes little sense.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BOS (again) on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 1554 viewsdistortR

Football isn't really like other careers though, is it?
The adulation, the elevated status you are given as a role model, supporters loyalty to clubs, kids paying to have his name put on the back of their shirts, the financial rewards and the investment in purchasing and training clubs put into a player - even 'low paying' clubs like us pay wages I'll never get near.
Of course, it might just be a job to him and he doesn't give a flying one about us /QPR - but he f'cking should.
Take a look around at the club and it's supporters (And I know, some can be real arses), act decently and try some empathy, don't just be a lickpenny.
Now, I don't know if this rant is applicable to Bright or not, it certainly didn't apply to Eze.
But yeah, he could have tried being honest.
BOS (again) on 18:30 - Jan 19 with 1524 viewsAshdown_Ranger

BOS (again) on 17:23 - Jan 19 by hantssi

Rotring pens, that takes me back, I think mine are still at mums along with my final college project (1983)!
I did manage to stab myself in the forehead with a scalpel blade used to carry out drawing alterations!
I also ended up in hospital with a nasty slash across the wrist made by a scalpel whilst having a “sword fight” with a mate in the office, 8 stitches!

No sword fights with scalpels (we weren't completely barking...), but plenty of scars on my left hand from scalpels skipping off plastic rulers when cutting down boards in a hurry - too much of a hurry to find the steel edge to guide the cut. Couple of the worst ones still clearly visible some decades later...
BOS (again) on 19:21 - Jan 19 with 1418 viewsMedwayR

As far as I can find out, Fenerbahce haven't made the champions league group stage since 2009, if that's correct then we can drop this talk of BOS going to play regular champions league!! They might make it this year but it could also be a one-off.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 19:25 - Jan 19 with 1399 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 17:29 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

So you think it is all about the weekly wage?
Can't think the difference between Brugge and Fenherbache would be so differernt.

Might be a signing on fee rather than a wage. The fact is Fb will be paying £4.5m less than Bruges were prepared to do (unless they are persuaded to take him off our hands before then) and that might enable them to pay him more.

I cannot believe it is anything other than money orientated...

Can we go out yet?

BOS (again) on 20:17 - Jan 19 with 1319 viewsBrazilNutR

BOS (again) on 19:25 - Jan 19 by davman

Might be a signing on fee rather than a wage. The fact is Fb will be paying £4.5m less than Bruges were prepared to do (unless they are persuaded to take him off our hands before then) and that might enable them to pay him more.

I cannot believe it is anything other than money orientated...

Pretty confident that Fenerbahce have a significantly higher salary structure than club Brugge.. just looking at their squad and the fact they signed Ozil on loan.. They have well capped Brazilian players like Luiz Gustavo, and many other Internationals who have clearly been attracted by the money rather than the prestige of the Turkish League.
BOS (again) on 00:44 - Jan 20 with 1157 viewsVancouverHoop

BOS (again) on 20:17 - Jan 19 by BrazilNutR

Pretty confident that Fenerbahce have a significantly higher salary structure than club Brugge.. just looking at their squad and the fact they signed Ozil on loan.. They have well capped Brazilian players like Luiz Gustavo, and many other Internationals who have clearly been attracted by the money rather than the prestige of the Turkish League.

They also have much wider international visibility. Turkish League games are carried by BeIN worldwide. Belgian League games aren't.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 0:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024