Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45736 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 01:15 - Jan 20 with 4363 viewsCiderwithRsie

BOS (again) on 16:50 - Jan 19 by davman

Surely the answer to your first para is that F'b wouldn't have to give QPR the £4.5m Bruges had to sign him. Even £2m of that would be £500k per year (c. £10k per week) over a 4 year contract or even a £1m signing on fee.

If I carry on banging on about the basic economics Bosman creates in favour of the players running down their contracts it will eventually sink in to everyone.

And don't think this is about anything other than money.

Sure, I don't disagree with any of that, but I still think Derbyhoop has a point.

Brugge and Fenerbahce are comparable clubs. If he'd signed for Brugge he'd have had half a season with them under his belt by now and a stack of goodwill. As it is he's essentially wasted this season in terms of career development - and footballers don't get that many years - and he's still not the finished article IMO. Personally I think Belgium is also a better place to develop than Turkey.

F'b know that he and his agent will screw them over at the drop of a hat and will presumably bear that in mind when his contract starts to run down.

I get why he would go for the notional £2m or whatever it is. I certainly get why he wanted to move on from QPR. I still think walking away from Brugge is short-term gain instead of long-term development and at age 23 that's the sort of thing an agent ought to be guarding him against IMO.
BOS (again) on 01:35 - Jan 20 with 4333 viewsCiderwithRsie

PS Brugge are currently in 3rd place in their Champions League group, two points off 2nd. They are 7 points clear at the top of their domestic league so look good for the Champions League again next year.

Fenerbahce are out of Europe this year, they are currently 2nd on GD in the Turkish league which would get them into the qualifying rounds of Champions League but not automatically into group stages. On the whole Brugge are a better bet for the Champs League next year, F'b could go either way between UEFA League and Champs.
BOS (again) on 05:53 - Jan 20 with 4248 viewsMatch82

BOS (again) on 01:15 - Jan 20 by CiderwithRsie

Sure, I don't disagree with any of that, but I still think Derbyhoop has a point.

Brugge and Fenerbahce are comparable clubs. If he'd signed for Brugge he'd have had half a season with them under his belt by now and a stack of goodwill. As it is he's essentially wasted this season in terms of career development - and footballers don't get that many years - and he's still not the finished article IMO. Personally I think Belgium is also a better place to develop than Turkey.

F'b know that he and his agent will screw them over at the drop of a hat and will presumably bear that in mind when his contract starts to run down.

I get why he would go for the notional £2m or whatever it is. I certainly get why he wanted to move on from QPR. I still think walking away from Brugge is short-term gain instead of long-term development and at age 23 that's the sort of thing an agent ought to be guarding him against IMO.

I don't think it's any more complicated than he turned Brugge down because he thought he'd have Prem interest. Then that didn't turn out to be the case so now what might be considered a similar move looks a little different
BOS (again) on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 4091 viewsCiderwithRsie

BOS (again) on 05:53 - Jan 20 by Match82

I don't think it's any more complicated than he turned Brugge down because he thought he'd have Prem interest. Then that didn't turn out to be the case so now what might be considered a similar move looks a little different

Yeah, sounds likely. Bad call by his agent in that case, I don't think he looked ready for the PL yet even at his best.
BOS (again) on 18:17 - Jan 20 with 3959 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's had his moments but he's hardly ever done that much at QPR to really say yes I'm the good, top level PL, La Liga Champs League etc.

I doubt he'll do very much in Turkey, it's a werid one where a few have gone, Fenerbache are one of the top clubs but from their POV it seems a weird one, I guess they hope he'll do well and they'll sell on to PL side for a huge sum in 18 months 2 years or something.

Trouble might be he's not as good as the trouble he might be for a top club.
BOS (again) on 19:31 - Jan 21 with 3830 viewsBazzeR

As an alternative to spitefully merely banishing the player from the club could we not try to loan him out for a fee if negotiations fail with the Turkish club for an immediate transfer.
It would make good business sense for the club and the player.
BOS (again) on 20:30 - Jan 21 with 3673 viewsVancouverHoop

Brugge and Fenerbahce are comparable clubs. If he'd signed for Brugge he'd have had half a season with them under his belt by now and a stack of goodwill. Personally I think Belgium is also a better place to develop than Turkey.

That's largely true. OTOH, Turkey has 82 million people, almost as many as Germany. It also has a massive emigré population.

Belgium has a population of only eleven and a half million. But as you, say, and their national team testifies, it has an excellent reputation for player development, however those players are usually elsewhere by the time they reach BOS's age. We have one of them ourselves, who's his BFF by all accounts, and has probably filled him in on the pros and cons of Belgian club football.

Turkish Super Liga football gets exposure all over the world, not just during the Champions League. I can watch several games a week here in Vancouver. In that sense it's on par with England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France. If he wants to be seen on a regular basis by as many people as possible then Turkey is a far better bet than Belgium, or Holland or Portugal, though the standard of play is more or less equivalent in all of them.
BOS (again) on 21:59 - Jan 21 with 3537 viewsterryb

BOS (again) on 19:31 - Jan 21 by BazzeR

As an alternative to spitefully merely banishing the player from the club could we not try to loan him out for a fee if negotiations fail with the Turkish club for an immediate transfer.
It would make good business sense for the club and the player.

Why would the player agree to a loan & take the risk of getting injured?
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 3390 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Sports Witness reporting the latest on the BOS January move:

"Fener’s ‘first plan’ is to bring Osayi-Samuel’s move forward this month and pay a ‘testimonial’ fee to QPR.

Rangers ‘opened the door’ at £750,000, but Fenerbahce don’t want to go anywhere near that and offered £400,000, a price QPR would not go down to.

That is where the negotiations currently are, and if no agreement can be found with the Championship side, Fener have a Plan B in the shape of Sevilla’s Oussama Idrissi.

They already have an agreement in place with the Spanish side and if there is no result from the final meeting with QPR, the Moroccan star will move to Istanbul instead."

Imagine everyone will settle at £500k and move on - he needs to be out of the QPR camp soon as...
BOS (again) on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 3163 viewsHarbour

BOS (again) on 16:48 - Jan 22 by Ashdown_Ranger

Sports Witness reporting the latest on the BOS January move:

"Fener’s ‘first plan’ is to bring Osayi-Samuel’s move forward this month and pay a ‘testimonial’ fee to QPR.

Rangers ‘opened the door’ at £750,000, but Fenerbahce don’t want to go anywhere near that and offered £400,000, a price QPR would not go down to.

That is where the negotiations currently are, and if no agreement can be found with the Championship side, Fener have a Plan B in the shape of Sevilla’s Oussama Idrissi.

They already have an agreement in place with the Spanish side and if there is no result from the final meeting with QPR, the Moroccan star will move to Istanbul instead."

Imagine everyone will settle at £500k and move on - he needs to be out of the QPR camp soon as...

Club statement on off website agreement reached he is gone subject to medical. No mention of what we got if anything for him
BOS (again) on 18:27 - Jan 23 with 3061 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

BOS (again) on 18:45 - Jan 23 with 2968 viewsQPROslo

BOS (again) on 18:11 - Jan 23 by Harbour

Club statement on off website agreement reached he is gone subject to medical. No mention of what we got if anything for him

Subject to a medical and personal terms.
BOS (again) on 18:53 - Jan 23 with 2932 viewsactonman

BOS (again) on 18:45 - Jan 23 by QPROslo

Subject to a medical and personal terms.

Yeah just fcuk off , the sooner the better , craic on into obscurity !
BOS (again) on 19:49 - Jan 23 with 2759 viewsdaveB

best for all parties that he goes now, good luck to him
BOS (again) on 19:51 - Jan 23 with 2746 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS (again) on 19:49 - Jan 23 by daveB

Yep. Hope he does well there, plays internationally etc.

I get the hate but it feels a bit pointless.
BOS (again) on 20:29 - Jan 23 with 2656 viewsQPR_Jim

BOS (again) on 19:49 - Jan 23 by daveB

Yeah, glad it's done now rather than waiting until summer.
BOS (again) on 15:41 - Jan 24 with 2270 viewsloftboy

Going to be playing alongside Ozil!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 24 with 2241 viewsdistortR

BOS (again) on 20:29 - Jan 23 by QPR_Jim

Yeah, glad it's done now rather than waiting until summer.

yeah, bye bye BOS, if it's true.

Thinking about what it could have been but truthfully, wasn't very often, bar the very purple patch.

Still think there's a good player in there.
BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 24 with 2240 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 18:11 - Jan 23 by Harbour

'acceptable agreement' - implies we got something I guess?
BOS (again) on 15:54 - Jan 24 with 2226 viewsdistortR

BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

'acceptable agreement' - implies we got something I guess?

well, if we weren't going to play him, his wages off the books for a start
BOS (again) on 15:57 - Jan 24 with 2213 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 15:54 - Jan 24 by distortR

well, if we weren't going to play him, his wages off the books for a start

Very good point and I'm sure they would have pointed that out when we were asking for a fee!
BOS (again) on 15:58 - Jan 24 with 2207 viewsdistortR

BOS (again) on 15:57 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

Very good point and I'm sure they would have pointed that out when we were asking for a fee!

What way did the compensation go again?!
BOS (again) on 16:19 - Jan 24 with 2138 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fenerbahce-mesut-ozil-tran

Surprised they've got any money to pay us, 450million in debt

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BOS (again) on 09:06 - Jan 26 with 1807 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

He's in Istanbul now - seems like a sensible decision after signing the pre-contract. Would rather have got the money back in the summer but wish him all the best.
BOS (again) on 10:55 - Jan 26 with 1555 viewsfrancisbowles

We will have got a little more than the compensation and saved somewhere in the region of £150k* in wages. (*a figure quoted on here last year had him on about six grand a week basic)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024