Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45735 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 11:52 - Jan 26 with 2561 viewsBoston

I wish him well just for the goal v Birmingham.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

BOS (again) on 12:45 - Jan 26 with 2348 viewstimcocking

Agreed with everything Clive said about it. MaClaren did us and Bright no favours there, the tit.

Still, with how it all ended, fcuk off Bright.
BOS (again) on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 2302 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

'acceptable agreement' - implies we got something I guess?

Acceptable to the club, perhaps, if not to at least certain parts of the fan-base - which is probably why they're not letting on. Ideally, all fees paid and received for players would be published and able to be scrutinised by all of us who care about these things, but of course being a fan of a club doesn't extend to such luxuries in the closed shop/smoke and daggers of pro football. As for BOS, the whole saga seems to have been mishandled all round and leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth at the end to boot. We move on as soon as he does, I guess.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS (again) on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 2191 viewsRrsssOntheline

I wonder if BOS will be taking his knee with him? Easy to demonstrate in a tolerant country, but more effective to do it in one not so. Wonder what his agent will advise? How to win friends and influence people, so probably not. I don't really care...!
BOS (again) on 13:54 - Jan 26 with 2054 viewsDieByYourSide

Well, cheers for the apology Bright. Shame about the £5m...

Poll: And it's hi ho

BOS (again) on 14:07 - Jan 26 with 2011 viewsdaveB

BOS (again) on 13:19 - Jan 26 by RrsssOntheline

I wonder if BOS will be taking his knee with him? Easy to demonstrate in a tolerant country, but more effective to do it in one not so. Wonder what his agent will advise? How to win friends and influence people, so probably not. I don't really care...!

Not sure it was BOS who came up with the taking the knee idea, along with hundreds of other footballers across the world he chose to join in and shouldn't be criticised for doing so
BOS (again) on 14:24 - Jan 26 with 1938 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 14:07 - Jan 26 by daveB

Not sure it was BOS who came up with the taking the knee idea, along with hundreds of other footballers across the world he chose to join in and shouldn't be criticised for doing so

Plus, if he did it at Millwall I'm sure he'll do it in more enlightened places like Turkey.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 15:26]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 14:53 - Jan 26 with 1848 viewsichbinnaughty

I'm aware of the proliferation of Fenerbache fans flooding QPR strings on Twitter, demanding BOS, levelling abuse at us etc.
You'd think they were urgently demanding Adel in his prime..

But I'm a bit perplexed about it all. It's BOS. A middling-to-good Championship player. Not consistent for long enough to be considered the best in the division. Not great scoring stats. Not great assist stats. Hasn't almost-single-handedly propelled an otherwise crap team towards the upper echelons of the division.
NO. He's been a cog in the wheel of a medium-to-sh!t team.

I really don't get the sycophancy with him.
Yes, we'll be slightly worse off without him; but let's be clear - he wasn't an outstanding star for us.
Chrissy Willock might well step up and shine now.

Don't let the door hit your hars on the way out
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 15:21 - Jan 26 with 1778 viewsRrsssOntheline

Practiced across the world and Millwall? Seriously you have been taken in by the tv people in this country. In football it hardly ever happens outside of the UK. As far as I know. No matter.
BOS (again) on 15:28 - Jan 26 with 1756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 15:21 - Jan 26 by RrsssOntheline

Practiced across the world and Millwall? Seriously you have been taken in by the tv people in this country. In football it hardly ever happens outside of the UK. As far as I know. No matter.

No, that wasn't my point. Mine was a half-joking point in rely to your point about tolerant places - namely that if BOS took the knee (twice) at racist Millwall he must feel fairly strongly about it.

But then I messed up the wording of the joke!

BOS (again) on 15:32 - Jan 26 with 1733 viewssimmo

I think he'll probably take both knees mate. Not sure he'd pass a medical without them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BOS (again) on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

BOS (again) on 15:32 - Jan 26 by simmo

I think he'll probably take both knees mate. Not sure he'd pass a medical without them.

Mark Hateley managed it.
BOS (again) on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 1723 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 15:34 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Mark Hateley managed it.

#neverforget

BOS (again) on 15:39 - Jan 26 with 1694 viewsaston_hoop

Didnt we sign Dean Sturridge without a medical under Holloway only to find he only had one working knee? or am I mis-remembering that?

Anyway, good luck BOS. We'll move on.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 15:40 - Jan 26 with 1688 views100percent

Why bring it up if you don't care and it doesn't matter?
BOS (again) on 15:51 - Jan 26 with 1645 viewsdaveB

BOS (again) on 15:21 - Jan 26 by RrsssOntheline

happened in most champions league games and in various other leagues as well, it's not an English thing it started in American Football
BOS (again) on 15:57 - Jan 26 with 1611 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Because I am a sad act, I just want to point out that Turkey (for now) has a 100% Attaturk secular constitution, while we have no constitution at all and are one of only two counties that puts unelected clergy into government. The other one is Iran.

Yeah, we don’t throw bananas at each other or make monkey noises much anymore but we aren’t a tolerant country in regards to legislation.

Back to the football, I think this is a Mug’s move for BOS you know, especially if they are £450m in debt! Or is it Lira?
BOS (again) on 15:58 - Jan 26 with 1608 viewsEsox_Lucius

BOS (again) on 15:39 - Jan 26 by aston_hoop

Didnt we sign Dean Sturridge without a medical under Holloway only to find he only had one working knee? or am I mis-remembering that?

Vic Mobley back in the day.

The grass is always greener.

BOS (again) on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 1465 viewsBucksRanger

That would be 4,543,020,000.00 Turkish Lira.

What currency would BOS get paid in? The Turks have a 12% inflation rate.
BOS (again) on 17:06 - Jan 26 with 1433 viewsRrsssOntheline

BOS has peed me off. He has been divisive in the team, he has ripped the club off, he has shown phoney aggression inside an empty Millwall stadium and no I don't wish him well.
The very notion of him on his knee in Turkey has me in hysterics. Enjoy.
BOS (again) on 17:27 - Jan 26 with 1353 views100percent

BOS (again) on 17:06 - Jan 26 by RrsssOntheline

BOS has peed me off. He has been divisive in the team, he has ripped the club off, he has shown phoney aggression inside an empty Millwall stadium and no I don't wish him well.
The very notion of him on his knee in Turkey has me in hysterics. Enjoy.

grow a pair. he won't be the last player that turns his back on us. hoping that he gets a racist reaction for taking a knee shows absolutely no class. get over it.
BOS (again) on 17:48 - Jan 26 with 1298 viewsdm97

BOS (again) on 15:57 - Jan 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Because I am a sad act, I just want to point out that Turkey (for now) has a 100% Attaturk secular constitution, while we have no constitution at all and are one of only two counties that puts unelected clergy into government. The other one is Iran.

Yeah, we don’t throw bananas at each other or make monkey noises much anymore but we aren’t a tolerant country in regards to legislation.

Back to the football, I think this is a Mug’s move for BOS you know, especially if they are £450m in debt! Or is it Lira?

Dont want to turn this overly political BUT having a written constitution isn’t the be all and end all of ‘tolerant’ legislation, although I’m not exactly sure what that term even means, see USA. Clergy in the lords is clearly archaic, though I would point out this has dwindled significantly since 1997 (*cough* *cough* new Labour fan here). I believe that’s the end of the IP450 seminar on constitutional theory...
BOS (again) on 18:23 - Jan 26 with 1214 viewsNorthernr

BOS (again) on 15:39 - Jan 26 by aston_hoop

An original LFW scoop that one. Paladini admitted in an interview with us back in the day that we'd signed Sturridge without a medical, basically on the say so of the Wolves physio (who wanted rid of him) and Gianni's mate Jim Smith who'd had him at Derby. Jim did, however, say not to give him more than a deal to the end of the season otherwise he'd phone it in, and we gave him 18 months.
BOS (again) on 18:52 - Jan 26 with 1139 views100percent

BOS (again) on 18:23 - Jan 26 by Northernr

An original LFW scoop that one. Paladini admitted in an interview with us back in the day that we'd signed Sturridge without a medical, basically on the say so of the Wolves physio (who wanted rid of him) and Gianni's mate Jim Smith who'd had him at Derby. Jim did, however, say not to give him more than a deal to the end of the season otherwise he'd phone it in, and we gave him 18 months.

Imagine if BOS now fails his medical at Fenerbahce. Absolute scenes.... ha ha.
BOS (again) on 18:58 - Jan 26 with 1121 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 18:23 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Ooooooo, does that mean you were "in Gianni's pocket" alongside Qtip Pete?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024