Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 44954 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 09:44 - Jan 16 with 2044 viewsdaveB

i wouldn't be surprised if they agreed to sell him this month. Good luck to him, it sounds like a good move for him, champions league football and fighting for titles. A great opportunity
BOS (again) on 09:46 - Jan 16 with 2032 viewsMedwayR

BOS's career to date:

Blackpool (L1) 27 games, 2 assists
QPR (Championship) 103 games, 11 goals, 10 assists

130 games, 11 goals, 12 assists.

Sums him up, the potential is there but little end product. For us he's only managed half a season of decent performances in 3 and a half seasons. A lot to work on and I doubt he'll get that development at Fenerbache whereas here he probably would have, he's definitely chosen money over development. That's his right but I think he might regret it a little.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 1989 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 09:46 - Jan 16 by MedwayR

BOS's career to date:

Sums him up, the potential is there but little end product. For us he's only managed half a season of decent performances in 3 and a half seasons. A lot to work on and I doubt he'll get that development at Fenerbache whereas here he probably would have, he's definitely chosen money over development. That's his right but I think he might regret it a little.

We have seen signs of him getting wound up and retaliating once or twice but largely getting away with it.

I think he will get kicked and fouled a lot more in Turkey and there could be a few red cards, if he hasn't learned to control his temper.

Leaving us for nothing has been on the cards for ages, his right and not much we can do about it. If we can cobble something together, so that he goes now for whatever fee we can get, then that would be a small plus.

I hope it goes well for him but I can't see him staying four years or anything like it! If I was a betting man, I would expect one or two years maximum.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 9:56]
BOS (again) on 10:02 - Jan 16 with 1952 viewsBlue_Castello

BOS (again) on 09:46 - Jan 16 by MedwayR

BOS's career to date:

Definitely chosen the money option over development but it's all conjecture because he may go to Fenerbache and flourish. My main anger is towards the players agent who has obviously turned his head with talk of how much money you can earn if you run down your contract, possibly motivated by the sack of cash the agent will earn from the deal.
I get the argument that players don't have to show an allegiance to a club anymore as it's just another contract but it still hurts, plenty of us grew up in an era when players had loyalty to their club and were not solely motivated by money, TV money and agents have taken that loyalty away.
BOS (again) on 10:07 - Jan 16 with 1924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/fenerbahce-announce-signing-of-qprs-osayi-sa

"Rangers will be due a compensation payment unless the two clubs agree a fee."

This is good news, if true.

I agree with Dave that it would be better for everyone if he left this month, if at all possible. It would give us time to find a replacement. As it stands, he's not a big loss to the team but he's still a loss to some degree, and I would rather replace him properly in this window than field a departing player whose work ethic has often been questionable at the best of times.

A dreadful decision by him, I think. Turkey is a footballing backwater with some very backward fans. Surely a better opportunity would have come in time had he been patient. But he has shown immature judgement throughout this contract debacle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 10:27 - Jan 16 with 1832 viewsBlackCrowe

Playing alongside Eze he looked good last season showing genuine quality. This season mostly he sprints down the wing lightening quick, but mostly doesn't take the player on, stops and passes back taking all momentum out the attack.

I suspect we may look more balanced without him in the side.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

BOS (again) on 10:47 - Jan 16 with 1760 viewsMedwayR

BOS (again) on 10:07 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/fenerbahce-announce-signing-of-qprs-osayi-sa

"Rangers will be due a compensation payment unless the two clubs agree a fee."

This is good news, if true.

I agree with Dave that it would be better for everyone if he left this month, if at all possible. It would give us time to find a replacement. As it stands, he's not a big loss to the team but he's still a loss to some degree, and I would rather replace him properly in this window than field a departing player whose work ethic has often been questionable at the best of times.

A dreadful decision by him, I think. Turkey is a footballing backwater with some very backward fans. Surely a better opportunity would have come in time had he been patient. But he has shown immature judgement throughout this contract debacle.

We've got Willock (if you watch clips of him at Benfica he does a good job of staying wide on the right and swinging in decent crosses), Adomah, Thomas, Smyth, Shodipo and Alfa so I'm not sure we need to bring anyone else in.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 1736 viewsstevec

Quite sad about this.

Genuinely believe a wing back role would be the making of BOS but just as we put him there he’s off, bloody typical .
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 1675 viewsNed_Kennedys

I was at Birmingham and saw THAT goal and it appeared he was trying to pretty much re-create this in every game since.
How many crosses did the bloke manage each game: great at getting in the positions but mostly choosing not to pass if at all possible. The cross he put in for Dykes to score v Brentford showed he could do it if he wanted to but he hardly ever did.
With Austin here for the rest of the season we should put a replacement on the wing who will deliver crosses, something that BOS showed v Luton he had no interest in doing as usual.
BOS (again) on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 1681 viewsDavieQPR

He's good but not as good as he thinks he is. Yes very good on the eye when in full flow but it's all about end product which could have been better.
BOS (again) on 11:08 - Jan 16 with 1669 viewsDannyPaddox

So this Turkish compensation we’ll be getting if no fee is agreed. I’ll be expecting to see some nice f**king carpets about the place once we’re let back in.
BOS (again) on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 1656 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 11:08 - Jan 16 by DannyPaddox

So this Turkish compensation we’ll be getting if no fee is agreed. I’ll be expecting to see some nice f**king carpets about the place once we’re let back in.

And a few floor cushions and a hookah for the main reception.

BOS (again) on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 1650 viewsted_hendrix

BOS (again) on 11:08 - Jan 16 by DannyPaddox

I'm hoping to get a pair of size 11 Turkish slippers, the ones that curl up at the end, I've e-mailed both clubs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BOS (again) on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 1619 viewsDannyPaddox

By the end of next season we’ll be sick of the sight of complementary Turkish delights lobbed into the crowd before, during, and after every game.
BOS (again) on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1614 viewsQPROslo

BOS (again) on 22:38 - Jan 15 by Match82

Of all the places we have "quality" backups, surely this is the one place where actually we have decent options who can't get on the pitch? Not saying they are an improvement but the drop off from BOS to Adomah is tiny compared to say Dieng to Lumley/Kelly

I dont see options anywhere near as good as him at WB, where he is playing now, last 2 games anyway.
BOS (again) on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 1545 viewsrsonist

Three years with us isn't going to amount to much under FIFA training compensation (something like £150-200k if I'm looking at it right) it's not particularly substantial even if they've been there since the age of 12. Blackpool will get theirs too, and 5% of Bright's future transfer fee when he leaves Fener will be shared between us after that.

Regs start at page 66 here:
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-o
BOS (again) on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 1545 viewsqueensparker

Looks like Mezut Ozil will be going there too. Bit of step up from Ball and Cameron’s through balls for old Bright
BOS (again) on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 1524 viewsGloucs_R

You can see the headline now...

Turkish Delight as Bright signs for Fenerbahce...

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

BOS (again) on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 1505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 11:34 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Three years with us isn't going to amount to much under FIFA training compensation (something like £150-200k if I'm looking at it right) it's not particularly substantial even if they've been there since the age of 12. Blackpool will get theirs too, and 5% of Bright's future transfer fee when he leaves Fener will be shared between us after that.

Regs start at page 66 here:
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-o

Good info, thanks.

Chicken feed, really.

BOS (again) on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 1501 viewskropotkin41

Honestly, I hate it when all we hear about a player is that they don't want to stay, they won't sign a new deal and so on. I'm glad he's going. There'll be someone else, maybe someone surprising, who'll do the things BOS does and wants to wear the shirt.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

BOS (again) on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 1478 viewsNW5Hoop

He’s moving from a club with a punitively tight wage structure, in the bottom half of the Championship, where he has been made to play all over the shop, under managers who sometimes don’t even think enough of him to put him in the team, to signing for a Champions League team, and some people here think he made the wrong decision? Blimey, I hope none of you are careers advisers.

Yeah, it would have been nice if he’d signed a new contract and we could have sold him, but he was under no obligation to. Clubs bang in about loyalty, but clubs themselves are only loyal when it suits them. As far as I can see, he’s done very well for himself and well done to him.
BOS (again) on 11:48 - Jan 16 with 1466 viewsrsonist

WRT Manning, worth reminding yourselves he was already 24 and not eligible for compensation, plus he had flat out rejected any negotiations unlike Bright - Swansea's sell-on percentage was the best deal going. In Bright's case the club still had reason to think there was a slim chance of an extension, convincing a domestic suitor, or even of his form leading multiple bidders to compete early (as we're seeing for Whiteman, Mowatt).

Sean G has since suggested the club were not made aware of Bright's negotiations btw:

They probably also concluded not playing Bright would have had an immediate negative impact on the team much more so than for Manning.

Personally I would probably agree Warbs boxed himself in unnecessarily trying to appease the unappeasable with the hardman talk, but it's all just optics at the end of the day who gives a fck.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 11:56]
BOS (again) on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 1439 viewsbosh67

For me it's a real chance for Shodipo to step up and take his place. He's been doing very well on loan and it should be his time.

I think BOS has a lot of potential. He has great pace which we lack and he scares defenders. His end product has got better but still not enough of it.

I think his agent has messed to club around really badly and we shouldn't, if possible, deal with that agent again. But blaming the player for everything isn't right.

I hope he does stay and play as well as he can to impress his new club because if he slacks off he will either be dropped or end up not really featuring in Turkey.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS (again) on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 1407 viewsessextaxiboy

BOS (again) on 11:45 - Jan 16 by NW5Hoop

He’s moving from a club with a punitively tight wage structure, in the bottom half of the Championship, where he has been made to play all over the shop, under managers who sometimes don’t even think enough of him to put him in the team, to signing for a Champions League team, and some people here think he made the wrong decision? Blimey, I hope none of you are careers advisers.

Yeah, it would have been nice if he’d signed a new contract and we could have sold him, but he was under no obligation to. Clubs bang in about loyalty, but clubs themselves are only loyal when it suits them. As far as I can see, he’s done very well for himself and well done to him.

With 5 subs I would start him and hook him as soon as he started phoning it in .

I dont rate him as highly as some of our fans but career wise i think he is making an incredibly bad choice.
BOS (again) on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 1352 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Personally I'm really disappointed BOS didn't sign a new contract to enable the club to get a few quid back on him - they've demonstrated their willingness not to stand in a player's way or demand ludicrous transfer fees.

So, we might (or might not) get £15-200K compensation, where we might have received £5-£8m. He knows how skint the club is and how much the club has helped him develop, but he's (seemingly) not willing to give anything back.

That's kind of the definition of a parasite. I know I should be more generous than that, but that's how I feel about him (unless he has been given a £2m signing fee which he donates to QPR...)

So do we play BOS for the rest of the season or not? Personally, I'd rather see him kicking around in the reserves and we bring someone else on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024