Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract QPR players 07:26 - Jan 16 with 2858 viewsDixie_CT

With BOS off I was curious to see who else is out of contract at the end of the season.

The list is;

Cameron
Wallace
Carroll
Barnes
Lumley
Owens

Guesstimate that that is around £40k p/w: £2m off the playing budget. I wonder if that creates space in the budget to spend those savings or is it more off the debt?

Out of that list, no tears over Cameron and Wallace leaving. Cameron has had his good games and has had his plus points but is clearly done whilst Wallace has been poor to awful (great goal in the Swansea game though!)

Carroll has surely done enough for at least another year or maybe two but could be let go as he is expensive compared to what he brings to the team and might be blocking Bettache/Owens.

Who knows what will happen with the keepers. Maybe they will sell Dieng and if both Barnes and Lumley sign contracts, then I fear Seny will be off.

Holding out hope that Charlie Owens works out as he looks like he can pass the ball and play forward, he has had terrible luck with injury.

Following season, Kane, Barbet, Ball and Albert’s contracts are up so again more space.

Everyone else, thankfully, is on a long term contracts and have to give credit to Les on that one.

Let’s hope the next round of recruitment is a successful one as ultimately, that is the key to our success and trajectory over the next period.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:04]
Out of contract QPR players on 07:49 - Jan 16 with 2819 viewsnix

I agree that Cameron and Wallace are likely to be on their way out. I'm not sure about Seny though. I reckon he's saved at least seven goals this season that Kelly and Lumley may well have let in. If we put that into strikers' terms, would we let a goal scorer go for what Seny would be worth who scored 14 goals a season? I doubt we'd get more than £5 million for him. And yet I bet his wages are much less than a decent striker's. Seems like a false economy.

Carroll has done enough in my view to keep him. We need some continuity. And there must be some saving for not having to pay out to agents and signing on fees involved if we got a replacement. I haven't seen enough of Barnes but I think Lumley would probably be best moving on just because he's had such a rough patch here and a fresh start might do him good. I'm not sure I'd want him again as our permanent first team goalie. I feel so much more relaxed with Dieng in goal. I'd like to see the young keeper (Broznowzski?) go out on loan more to get some experience too.
Out of contract QPR players on 08:17 - Jan 16 with 2754 viewsGloucs_R

Cameron. Did a job for thelast couple of years but should never have been offered a new contract for this season. Good luck to him but he's got to be released.
Wallace... An absolute waste of a signing.
Carroll...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we have the ability to extend his contract so I would expect that to happen.
Barnes... As you said it depends if Dieng leaves or not
Lumley.... As above.
Owens... Not seen him play so can't really comment.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Out of contract QPR players on 09:07 - Jan 16 with 2675 viewsstevec

40k a week that would pay Charlie’s wages.
Out of contract QPR players on 09:12 - Jan 16 with 2663 viewseastside_r

‘Carroll...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we have the ability to extend his contract so I would expect that to happen.’

I fecking hope not.
Out of contract QPR players on 09:21 - Jan 16 with 2638 viewsDorse

Wallace? Thanks but no thanks.
Lumley - the pre Villa hatchet job version was great but Lumley 2.0, the Vista or XP version if you will? Dieng please.
LTC - I'm a fan. Not sure why he isn't being allowed to play 90 mins though.
Owens should be kept on. As should Barnes. Even if they are only 2 year deals, they make sense.
Cameron is one I am unsure about. On the one hand, he has been a steady hand and obviously brings a different perspective to the side. On the other, he hasn't been all that good this season. I think it might be a step too far to extend his stay.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Out of contract QPR players on 09:49 - Jan 16 with 2556 viewsHastings_Hoops

Out of contract QPR players on 08:17 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

Cameron. Did a job for thelast couple of years but should never have been offered a new contract for this season. Good luck to him but he's got to be released.
Wallace... An absolute waste of a signing.
Carroll...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we have the ability to extend his contract so I would expect that to happen.
Barnes... As you said it depends if Dieng leaves or not
Lumley.... As above.
Owens... Not seen him play so can't really comment.

Bit harsh on Cameron, who has had a very good January playing in a back three which has only conceded one goal in 270 mins of real-time football and includes matches against Norwich and Fulham.
Out of contract QPR players on 09:50 - Jan 16 with 2553 viewsMedwayR

Carroll the only one worth keeping out of that lot.

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of contract QPR players on 10:09 - Jan 16 with 2501 viewsWestonsuperR

Out of contract QPR players on 09:12 - Jan 16 by eastside_r

‘Carroll...I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we have the ability to extend his contract so I would expect that to happen.’

I fecking hope not.

Really!? I was considering who my vote would go to for player of the year based on season so far and had Carroll in third behind Dickie and Dieng. Carroll has had a very solid season, I’ve been impressed.

Change of subject slightly but if Austin plays even reasonably well for the rest of the season he will almost certainly win player of the year, fans will see it as a chance to make a point to Charlie and the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract QPR players on 10:14 - Jan 16 with 2485 viewsfrancisbowles

Out of contract QPR players on 09:49 - Jan 16 by Hastings_Hoops

Bit harsh on Cameron, who has had a very good January playing in a back three which has only conceded one goal in 270 mins of real-time football and includes matches against Norwich and Fulham.

Agreed. We have to find better if are writing off regular first teamers, which is a tall order on our budget!

As for Owens, hardly seen him and personally have no idea how good he is or can be. I hope that his injuries are nearly healed and that the club can do something, maybe a 1+1 deal, that enables him to give it another shot before we write him off.

Wallace, hasn't worked out on the pitch and reportedly, too expensive in wages to keep.

Lumley, has been offered a deal already but refused so far. I expect he will go and sign for a league one club. Barnes, I haven't seen play. I guess it depends on what happens to the other three keepers and whether any of the young goalies are better options for second/third choice or need to go out on loan.

Carroll, we have an option for another year which we absolutely need to exercise and maybe offer an additional year, so that both the club and Tom have additional security.
Out of contract QPR players on 16:20 - Jan 16 with 2230 viewsDixie_CT

Out of contract QPR players on 10:14 - Jan 16 by francisbowles

Agreed. We have to find better if are writing off regular first teamers, which is a tall order on our budget!

As for Owens, hardly seen him and personally have no idea how good he is or can be. I hope that his injuries are nearly healed and that the club can do something, maybe a 1+1 deal, that enables him to give it another shot before we write him off.

Wallace, hasn't worked out on the pitch and reportedly, too expensive in wages to keep.

Lumley, has been offered a deal already but refused so far. I expect he will go and sign for a league one club. Barnes, I haven't seen play. I guess it depends on what happens to the other three keepers and whether any of the young goalies are better options for second/third choice or need to go out on loan.

Carroll, we have an option for another year which we absolutely need to exercise and maybe offer an additional year, so that both the club and Tom have additional security.

No doubt Cameron gave us somethign when he came in, the ball over the top for Pawel to score v Villa was a highlight but he does seem to be coming to the end of his career at this level. Getting slower and isn't technically incosistent, one minute he'll ping a worldie of a pass, next he will shank a simple 15 yarder. Think his usefullness is going to continue to dwindle.

I've only seen Owens very briefly when he played but there was something about him, way he moved the ball looked like it was a Sean Goss wet dream and with the ability to transfer Academy success to the world of the 1st team.

I'm dying for us to get a real ball playing centre mid who has the brain and physicality to help us play out. Carroll is good but his size often sees him trying to find quite large pockets of space so he doesn't get out muscled and this means he can sometimes recieve the ball in quite safe spaces.

No doubt for me that Seny is the best keeper we have had since Smithies and is destined to head to the Premier League but maybe not for a year or two. Barnes would be an adequate understudy and did show some promise in his loan spell at Hibs and could maybe develop. Would sell Lumley in this transfer window for whatever we can get. I would really fear for Joe if he was to play for us again and make any sort of mistake.
Out of contract QPR players on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 2210 viewsMedwayR

Isn't Smyth out of contract in the summer too, or have we got a years option?

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of contract QPR players on 16:38 - Jan 16 with 2168 viewsDixie_CT

Out of contract QPR players on 16:26 - Jan 16 by MedwayR

Isn't Smyth out of contract in the summer too, or have we got a years option?

Yeah Smyth out of contract and don't think we do have an option. Not doing that well at Charlton and a lot of players ahead of him here.

Shodipo under contract until next year and we have an option for another. Think he is ahead of Smyth and will be given a chance to transfer his League One form to the Champ.

Oteh is out of contract, strange he was recalled, maybe someone in League 2 fancies him for a small fee??
Out of contract QPR players on 12:27 - Jan 17 with 1957 viewsfrancisbowles

Out of contract QPR players on 16:38 - Jan 16 by Dixie_CT

Yeah Smyth out of contract and don't think we do have an option. Not doing that well at Charlton and a lot of players ahead of him here.

Shodipo under contract until next year and we have an option for another. Think he is ahead of Smyth and will be given a chance to transfer his League One form to the Champ.

Oteh is out of contract, strange he was recalled, maybe someone in League 2 fancies him for a small fee??

If we are discussing the fringe then Ramkilde is out of contract as well.
Out of contract QPR players on 12:56 - Jan 17 with 1908 viewsDixie_CT

Out of contract QPR players on 12:27 - Jan 17 by francisbowles

It’s ok, he has signed up with the same agency as Lord Lucan so that is all in hand.
Out of contract QPR players on 14:03 - Jan 17 with 1814 viewsPinnerPaul

"One minute he'll ping a worldie of a pass, next he will shank a simple 15 yarder. "

See that in every match in the Championship every week!
Out of contract QPR players on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 1792 viewsbosh67

Out of contract QPR players on 12:27 - Jan 17 by francisbowles

WTF happened to Ramkilde? I don't even know the rumour.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Out of contract QPR players on 15:10 - Jan 17 with 1718 viewshantssi

Out of contract QPR players on 14:03 - Jan 17 by PinnerPaul

"One minute he'll ping a worldie of a pass, next he will shank a simple 15 yarder. "

See that in every match in the Championship every week!

Sounds like my golf!!
Out of contract QPR players on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 1566 viewsDorse

Out of contract QPR players on 14:18 - Jan 17 by bosh67

WTF happened to Ramkilde? I don't even know the rumour.

Now, I'm not one to gossip but apparently he was caught wearing a pair of knickers over his face with the excuse that he hadn't got a mask.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Out of contract QPR players on 18:54 - Jan 17 with 1530 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Out of contract QPR players on 18:45 - Jan 17 by Dorse

Now, I'm not one to gossip but apparently he was caught wearing a pair of knickers over his face with the excuse that he hadn't got a mask.

Mark Warburton’s wife had them on at the time.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 18:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024