Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. 19:41 - Jan 16 with 7174 viewsMickS

That bustard Masked Singer. What the feckin hell is going on there? I feel an insurance claim coming on, so much so, that I had to leave the room in a very immature way. Without a doubt the worst pony I’ve ever seen on the box. An hour and a half, I believe. I honestly try and get stuff I don’t enjoy, but if you are watching and even trying to guess which one of 5 Star it is, stop it and mow the lawn.

I’m in the kitchen drinking wine for a while.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 1568 viewsloftboy

There’s one show that I want to hate but actually enjoy is the last leg, apart from when they have the comedienne on with severe learning difficulties Rosie something or other, nothing against her disability she just isn’t funny.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 16:51 - Jan 17 with 1493 viewsDiggertheMole

When I finally shuffle off this mortal coil I fear, for the enormities I have committed during my spell on this planet, that I shall be forced to watch "Friends" for eternity. Nothing is as crass, unfunny and contrived as this pile of overrated junk. In fact, the likes of "Geordie Shore", "Towie" and "Made in Chelsea" (Sorry for yet more profanity) seem like witty and original fine art by comparison - and I loathe those too. All "reality" TV spam simply wastes airtime without paying professional actors. Given the current Lockdown, it appears that anyone who can manufacture an afternoon programme featuring; antiques, cute animals, holidays abroad, home repairs, resettlement in the Antipodes, weddings and cookery could clean up.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 17:21 - Jan 17 with 1458 viewsRog

Anything, absolutely anything with Michael McIntyre, Rob Beckett or Tom Allen appearing on it makes me vomit and run from the room.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 17:49 - Jan 17 with 1406 viewsHoosWho

Money Supermaaaaaarket advert and the Meerkat adverts.

Insurance is something exclusively purchased by adults, yet these infantile, moronic sales pitches seem to be aimed at what can surely only be children or perhaps retards.

I will never use the services of either comparison site because I find the adverts so irritating.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 18:03 - Jan 17 with 1374 viewsted_hendrix

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 21:59 - Jan 16 by MickS

That’s so true - Ted have a go on Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. You will love it.

I actually watched bits of Bob Mortimer on Youtube a while back, the best bits of him on 'Would I lie to you' the bloke is in my opinion a very funny Man, a natural comedian.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 18:09 - Jan 17 with 1363 viewshantssi

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 18:03 - Jan 17 by ted_hendrix

I actually watched bits of Bob Mortimer on Youtube a while back, the best bits of him on 'Would I lie to you' the bloke is in my opinion a very funny Man, a natural comedian.

Seconded on their fishing programme.
It’s very gentle, funny and they obviously get on as real friends.
I’m not into fishing but just love this programme.
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 18:38 - Jan 17 with 1319 viewsCamberleyR

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 21:56 - Jan 16 by QPRSteve

It would be far easier to list what's good on tv, a list I fear that's becoming vanishingly small these days. There are whole channels now dedicated to completed and utter drivel - I give you ITVBe as the prime example.

I think it would be preferable to be locked in a room for a year with either the test card or pages from Ceefax on a constant loop than watch anything that airs on ITVBe especially if it contains that fúcking waste of skin Gemma Collins. I feel like putting my foot through the telly every time if I happen to catch a trailer advertising her latest waste of airtime.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 18:51]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 19:11 - Jan 17 with 1267 viewsHamptonR

James Martin's Saturday Morning Kitchen, whatever he is conjuring up, I know for sure I am getting it for dinner on Tuesday.
Whether I fancy it, like it or want it, I know I am getting it. I now ignore his show, I don't want to spoil my Tuesday treat.
Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 19:52 - Jan 17 with 1236 viewsPaddyhoops

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 13:59 - Jan 17 by paulparker

Sunday Brunch
I hate lovejoy , the chef prat , the crap guests , the lame crew laughter, the Sh1t “alternative “ music clips they play before an advert
My missus puts this on every week I’m sure to wind me up because I can’t go 20 seconds without tutting or going into a tirade , a bit like this

Tim will hug himself to death some day!!
I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 21:32 - Jan 17 with 1189 viewsJeff

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Northernr

While on house arrest Simmo and I will have Come Dine With Me on in the background in the morning because otherwise we'd have to talk to each other. It's perfect for this purpose, meaningless fluff that goes on for two and a half hours, that you don't really have to pay any attention to, occasionally raises a bit of a laugh, but is generally forgotten about immediately and soon it's time to start drinking and then go to bed again. Channel 4 have Cheers and Frasier on before this as well, and at one point Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on after it, so you could basically kill the best part of six hours of this miserable existence we have now letting all of that wash over you while moving the mouse around so Microsoft Teams doesn't switch your public status to AWAY (i.e., doing fck all).

However. At 12.30 each day, Channel 4 has parachuted in something called Steph's Packed Lunch. Now this is basically because television in this country has a problem with being too London-centric, a problem with being too male and pale, and a problem with diversity of voice, cast and crew. To solve this Channel 4 have rented a room in Leeds, up t'north, parked Steph McGovern in it, ooooooooh I'm dead northern me, and now spend an hour wheeling nobodies you might have heard of from the north - Chris Kamara, Gemma Atkinson - and people off the streets of Leeds who might have done something a bit unusual, like get their orienteering badge at Cubs, to chat inane shoite about the key issues of the day. There's a gay lad sort of flitting around in the background a bit.

The problem with this in our household is that often during an hour of Cheers, an hour of Frasier, two and a half hours of Come Dine With Me and an hour of Kitchen Nightmares, remote controls can be lost, attention can be diverted, guards can be let down, complacency can set in, the whole concept of what bloody time of the day it is can become a bit woolly. Have we watched four Come Dine With Mes or five? Did they hand the prize out at the end of that last episode Alan? Did they? Well I don't know I thought you were watching. Even worse, we may have moved off into another area of the house - sometimes we hoover, for instance. Sometimes we go to the front door to receive items Simmo ordered from the internet while drunk at the weekend.

And any one of these situations can lead to the television or iPad not being turned off in time to prevent Steph romping into view, talking about what a fcking pointless and inane cnt fest they've got coming up for you, and dipping into their first segment on the escalating tensions surrounding the current presidential election in Uganda with Steve 'Ste' Hay from Hollyoaks, at which point a beam of light protrudes from the screen and melts our faces back to the bone as if we've prised open the ark of the covenant.

His Dark Materials is overrated as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Clive, I spent months trying to stop Teams marking me as away every time I went to take a piss - came up with all sorts of Magyver esque solutions such as placing the mouse over a watch so the second hand triggered the optics etc.

In the end I bought this for a tenner https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Mouse-Jiggler-mouse-mover-prevents-screen-saver-s

Works perfectly, doesn’t install any software, leaves no trace etc. so unless your computer is Uber-locked down you should be able to watch hours upon hours of shit daytime tv in a row...

Can we not knock it?

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 21:45 - Jan 17 with 1171 viewsenfieldargh

Cant bear dancing on ice....it hurts!!!! I have a phobia of having my digits removed buy an ice skate.

I was addicted to tipping point but got a bit bored with it.

My wife loves Citizen Kahn, cant think why.

Undercover Boss now that is heart wrenching, gets me every time with their generosity towards a hard working family challenged members of staff. Wonder how the rest of the employees feel

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 01:10 - Jan 18 with 1105 viewsjohncharles

That stupid banging noise that passes for “intro music” for BBC news.
I someone has already mentioned “Friends” the Opiate of the Masses.IId rather chew polystyrene for half an hour

Strong and stable my arse.

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 09:38 - Jan 18 with 973 viewsTheChef

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Northernr

While on house arrest Simmo and I will have Come Dine With Me on in the background in the morning because otherwise we'd have to talk to each other. It's perfect for this purpose, meaningless fluff that goes on for two and a half hours, that you don't really have to pay any attention to, occasionally raises a bit of a laugh, but is generally forgotten about immediately and soon it's time to start drinking and then go to bed again. Channel 4 have Cheers and Frasier on before this as well, and at one point Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on after it, so you could basically kill the best part of six hours of this miserable existence we have now letting all of that wash over you while moving the mouse around so Microsoft Teams doesn't switch your public status to AWAY (i.e., doing fck all).

However. At 12.30 each day, Channel 4 has parachuted in something called Steph's Packed Lunch. Now this is basically because television in this country has a problem with being too London-centric, a problem with being too male and pale, and a problem with diversity of voice, cast and crew. To solve this Channel 4 have rented a room in Leeds, up t'north, parked Steph McGovern in it, ooooooooh I'm dead northern me, and now spend an hour wheeling nobodies you might have heard of from the north - Chris Kamara, Gemma Atkinson - and people off the streets of Leeds who might have done something a bit unusual, like get their orienteering badge at Cubs, to chat inane shoite about the key issues of the day. There's a gay lad sort of flitting around in the background a bit.

The problem with this in our household is that often during an hour of Cheers, an hour of Frasier, two and a half hours of Come Dine With Me and an hour of Kitchen Nightmares, remote controls can be lost, attention can be diverted, guards can be let down, complacency can set in, the whole concept of what bloody time of the day it is can become a bit woolly. Have we watched four Come Dine With Mes or five? Did they hand the prize out at the end of that last episode Alan? Did they? Well I don't know I thought you were watching. Even worse, we may have moved off into another area of the house - sometimes we hoover, for instance. Sometimes we go to the front door to receive items Simmo ordered from the internet while drunk at the weekend.

And any one of these situations can lead to the television or iPad not being turned off in time to prevent Steph romping into view, talking about what a fcking pointless and inane cnt fest they've got coming up for you, and dipping into their first segment on the escalating tensions surrounding the current presidential election in Uganda with Steve 'Ste' Hay from Hollyoaks, at which point a beam of light protrudes from the screen and melts our faces back to the bone as if we've prised open the ark of the covenant.

His Dark Materials is overrated as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I just googled Steph McGovern.

Truly, the face of Middlesbrough.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 09:55 - Jan 18 with 956 viewsMrSheen

I’m sure it’s has been done before - tv that makes You leave the room. on 09:38 - Jan 18 by TheChef

I just googled Steph McGovern.

Truly, the face of Middlesbrough.

From the people who brought you David Wheater.

Viking!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024