Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs 17:29 - Jan 17 with 2145 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is anyone watching Liverpool v Man U?

This is pitiful crap from two billionaire clubs who're bellyaching more than most, bellyaching continuously, bellyaching incessantly about injuries, fixtures, COVID and the end of the world as we know it.

And now is their big game. And their passing, work-rate, hunger, touch have all been way off.

Take Thiago out of it and it's unwatchable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:30 - Jan 17 with 1799 viewsBoston

No problem here, not watching.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:32 - Jan 17 with 1792 viewsHantsR

Yes, well I was but just turned it off - made me think I need to get a life.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 17:34]
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:36 - Jan 17 with 1772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:32 - Jan 17 by HantsR

Yes, well I was but just turned it off - made me think I need to get a life.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 17:34]

Don't blame you, Blondie.

I haven't seen either team in a while but this is pub league.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:48 - Jan 17 with 1728 views81A

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:36 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

It really is tame. Maybe because there's no crowd. Or maybe because both teams aren't actually very good.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 18:03 - Jan 17 with 1675 viewsaston_hoop

Put it on, realised my colourblindness meant the only way to tell the kits apart was Utd´s white socks so switched it off.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 18:06 - Jan 17 with 1661 viewsdistortR

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 17:36 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

i'm listening to it on the radio while cooking. I was thinking earlier as they hyped it up - bet it's crap, like so many other 'big' games they hype up.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 1638 viewsqprxtc

The myth of the “Premier League”.

The players are fit and can run around. The standard of football is generally shit. And boring. But the hype contributes. It’s never said that a shit game was shit. And there are many.

Got rid of sky, don’t watch MOTD.

Only interested in Rangers and non league. The rest is inconsequential bollocks.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 18:16 - Jan 17 with 1628 viewsstowmarketrange

The only plus is that it hasn’t got the whining Scouse w@nker mcmanaman as co commentator.He seems to be at every match on bt sport these days.
Login to get fewer ads

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 19:11 - Jan 17 with 1494 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It actually got worse as it went on. A serious lack of quality for - I'm not sure if you knew this because it wasn't mentioned enough - The Two Top Clubs in The Country.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 19:38 - Jan 17 with 1429 viewstraininvain

General point, I can’t remember where I heard it but someone said over the Xmas period that the quality tends to deteriorate as the players are all knackered in January. Throw into the mix the short pre season and you start to wonder if we’ll see much quality at the Euros (assuming they go ahead) given footballers will have been playing two games a week for the best part of a year.

In terms of the game, I thought the commentators had it wrong; Liverpool looked ok at the back but taking both Fabinho and Henderson out of the midfield is a huge issue for them.

And this is probably going to sound mad but I am starting to think Thiago is a world class player who will make Liverpool worse. Not sure he suits the way they play.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 19:40 - Jan 17 with 1424 viewsManinBlack

Crisis at Liverpool. Three games without a goal and four without a win. It was as insipid as the Manchester Derby this season.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 1375 viewsQPRSteve

Watching made worse by the two pundits.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:03 - Jan 17 with 1320 viewsPeterHucker

I hardly ever watch Premier League but I watched the whole of the 2nd half of that.
Seemed to me like they were both happy with the draw, neither side really seemed to get going.
I'm watching the Masters snooker now, far more entertaining.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:21 - Jan 17 with 1266 viewsBoston

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:03 - Jan 17 by PeterHucker

I hardly ever watch Premier League but I watched the whole of the 2nd half of that.
Seemed to me like they were both happy with the draw, neither side really seemed to get going.

...and probably moving faster.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 1196 viewsaston_hoop

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:03 - Jan 17 by PeterHucker

The snooker is an absolute cracker. Come on Yan!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 1142 viewshantssi

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 21:58 - Jan 17 by aston_hoop

The snooker is an absolute cracker. Come on Yan!

I’m tending that way myself now.
What a match!
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:10 - Jan 17 with 1087 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have a confession.

I absolutely despised Man United when I was growing up in the 90s, as everyone did, but I am utterly obsessed with the self congratulatory YouTube interviews with Man U players like Keane, Neville etc because they were such a big part of my life at the time.

I can’t get enough and end up down a three hour rabbit hole even though I know it’s mostly tepid shit because every now and then you get a brief window into their soul where they say something truly honest and revealing and you can see it on their face.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:28 - Jan 17 with 1044 viewsBrixtonR

ManU ManU Man fkn U, I say, oh dear i think You're in too deep mate xxx

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:40 - Jan 17 with 1035 viewsStanisgod

Am I the only one who actually thinks Firmino is sh#te..

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:57 - Jan 17 with 1009 viewsBoston

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:10 - Jan 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I have a confession.

I absolutely despised Man United when I was growing up in the 90s, as everyone did, but I am utterly obsessed with the self congratulatory YouTube interviews with Man U players like Keane, Neville etc because they were such a big part of my life at the time.

I can’t get enough and end up down a three hour rabbit hole even though I know it’s mostly tepid shit because every now and then you get a brief window into their soul where they say something truly honest and revealing and you can see it on their face.

Never suffered from this problem.

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 08:37 - Jan 18 with 870 viewsdistortR

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 23:57 - Jan 17 by Boston

Never suffered from this problem.

we knew you were red, Bazza, but never how far it went............
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 10:24 - Jan 18 with 794 viewsDannyPaddox

Citeh will have it won before the easter eggs start going cheap
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 10:49 - Jan 18 with 766 viewsqprxtc

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 10:24 - Jan 18 by DannyPaddox

Citeh will have it won before the easter eggs start going cheap

Have you seen the size of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs these days? Soon they’ll just evaporate before you’ve opened the bastard.
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 742 viewsDannyPaddox

The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 10:49 - Jan 18 by qprxtc

Have you seen the size of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs these days? Soon they’ll just evaporate before you’ve opened the bastard.

Not a big fan of the Creme Egg but Cadbury’s are missing a trick here. They should do Cadbury’s Creme Scotch Eggs and sell them in pubs* as substantial meals. Though by the sound of it they need to make them substantial first.

*latest news I’ve heard is pubs open by Paddy’s Day
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 11:14]
The Battle of the Piteous Martyrs on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 704 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Every now and then the subconscious devil on my shoulder whispers in my ear telling me what a good idea it might be to sit down on a Sunday afternoon and watch some football. I'm ALWAYS disappointed. I appreciate I'm in the minority but the whole TV experience bores the crap out of me, it's insipid, dull, boring stuff. It's hard enough watching Rangers so I've no idea what I think I'll get out watching these so called elite teams I care nothing for. Been covered a 1001 times but the game really is broken when, for example Harry Maguire is deemed to be worth 79M more than Rob Dickie. Utter twaddle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024