Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball 21:53 - Jan 20 with 2697 viewsNed_Kennedys

I, along with pretty much everyone else, wondered what the hell the club were thinking when the guy was signed but he has won me over with his recent performances. 100% commitment and dedication to the team, combined with increasing confidence to get forward when he can. Not the most skilled player to put on the shirt by a long long way but he gives it everything he has in every game he plays and that’s good enough for me!
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 21:55 - Jan 20 with 2678 viewsbosh67

He made all the 'first contacts' tonight!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 21:59 - Jan 20 with 2616 viewsnix

He's also one of those who gets better when he plays regularly.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 22:06 - Jan 20 with 2517 viewsHunterhoop

I like him.

He’s limited but in an enjoyable, endearing and sometimes funny way.

And that’s not meant to be demeaning. He has some very good traits and clearly has ability. He’s just so inconsistent. But in a very Rangers way.

And I love that he cares so much. He cares more about a mis control or miss or foul than some players do about results!
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 22:51 - Jan 20 with 2182 viewsdavman

I think that he is becoming more consistent, but is still prone to the odd spell of looking like a non-league player. Agree with Hunter - a typical Rangers player with the capability of becoming a real cult hero!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 22:55 - Jan 20 with 2160 viewsDorse

Wholehearted.
Limited.
Hilarious.

The perfect combination for a cult hero. I like him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 23:30 - Jan 20 with 2010 viewsMyke

He has been playing well and the new system suits him. But with Carroll effectively out for the season and Amos out all year, we are now missing a lot of energy and creativity in mid-field. We saw tonight that Ball was trying to drive forward too,which was impressive, but he shouldn't have to. His job should be protecting the back three as Babet and Dickie split left and right when the wing backs push up. When the Dutch lad comes in for Cameron, we should have more mobility at the back, which should allow Ball a little further forward. But we cannot expect Chair to provide the creative spark and Willock (his goal notwithstanding) is not a CM.
With Amos and Carroll (presumably he has done enough to earn a new deal), to come back, I don't think we need to buy a midfielder (or two) this month, but bringing in at least one CM on loan is vital. We can assess how he does, and see where we at with Carroll and Amos, before deciding what permanent signings we need to make in this department in the summer
We also need to bring in a left wing back and we should be fine
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 23:44 - Jan 20 with 1955 viewsDavieQPR

Alternatively we could bring in a midfielder now and Amos, when fit, could replace Cameron.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 1631 viewsLazyFan

We should let Faysal Bettache have a go.

I have seen enough to warrant him having a run unless we can get a Grealish type player on loan. Which I doubt so, Bettache should be given his chance.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 08:54 - Jan 21 with 1608 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 08:49 - Jan 21 by LazyFan

We should let Faysal Bettache have a go.

I have seen enough to warrant him having a run unless we can get a Grealish type player on loan. Which I doubt so, Bettache should be given his chance.

Bettache has looked composed on the ball and has an eye for a pass in the glimpses I've seen of him, I think he is one that needs a loan and some professional appearances under his belt. But with Carroll out he may get a chance.
Ball has certainly improved and seems to love the battle in the middle of the park.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:26 - Jan 21 with 1497 viewsBlackCrowe

This. I found it super cringe when Nick London refers to him as the Dominator. But for all these reasons you state, it's perfect irony and it's what we call him now in our house.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:30 - Jan 21 with 1484 viewsdavman

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:26 - Jan 21 by BlackCrowe

This. I found it super cringe when Nick London refers to him as the Dominator. But for all these reasons you state, it's perfect irony and it's what we call him now in our house.

Cringe? Not really, it's a fantastic name for a cult hero!

I cringe more when Nick gets Dickie and Dykes or Barbet and Cameron mixed up or when, bizarrely he got Seny and Niko confused during his commentary.

... and do not get me started on his deliberate pronunciation of Barrrrrrrrrrbet....

Can we go out yet?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:43 - Jan 21 with 1433 viewsfrancisbowles

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:30 - Jan 21 by davman

Cringe? Not really, it's a fantastic name for a cult hero!

I cringe more when Nick gets Dickie and Dykes or Barbet and Cameron mixed up or when, bizarrely he got Seny and Niko confused during his commentary.

... and do not get me started on his deliberate pronunciation of Barrrrrrrrrrbet....

I think Nick (and Andy) do a great job in difficult circumstances. Their comments seem to suggest that they get stuck in some awful positions in the stadium and often without a monitor. I am going to forgive Nick for getting names wrong from time to time. All commentators make mistakes and I'm sure most fans, like me, get players mixed up on occasions. Yes the Barbet thing was a bit overdone, calmed down a bit now, but I think Nick has his tongue in his cheek sometimes with this and 'Ranger's legend'.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:55 - Jan 21 with 1397 viewsdavman

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:43 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

I think Nick (and Andy) do a great job in difficult circumstances. Their comments seem to suggest that they get stuck in some awful positions in the stadium and often without a monitor. I am going to forgive Nick for getting names wrong from time to time. All commentators make mistakes and I'm sure most fans, like me, get players mixed up on occasions. Yes the Barbet thing was a bit overdone, calmed down a bit now, but I think Nick has his tongue in his cheek sometimes with this and 'Ranger's legend'.

No doubt there is a tongue firmly in his cheek for the legend references.

As Northern said in one of his reports, we do not realise how blessed we are with those two until we get the shocking Sky Comms teams - no comparison...

Can we go out yet?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:58 - Jan 21 with 1386 viewsfrancisbowles

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 23:30 - Jan 20 by Myke

He has been playing well and the new system suits him. But with Carroll effectively out for the season and Amos out all year, we are now missing a lot of energy and creativity in mid-field. We saw tonight that Ball was trying to drive forward too,which was impressive, but he shouldn't have to. His job should be protecting the back three as Babet and Dickie split left and right when the wing backs push up. When the Dutch lad comes in for Cameron, we should have more mobility at the back, which should allow Ball a little further forward. But we cannot expect Chair to provide the creative spark and Willock (his goal notwithstanding) is not a CM.
With Amos and Carroll (presumably he has done enough to earn a new deal), to come back, I don't think we need to buy a midfielder (or two) this month, but bringing in at least one CM on loan is vital. We can assess how he does, and see where we at with Carroll and Amos, before deciding what permanent signings we need to make in this department in the summer
We also need to bring in a left wing back and we should be fine

I thought Willock played well in that position, his best game so far. Ball had a poor spell in the first half, seemed to keep giving the ball away but he kept going and played his part in the victory.

Agree that we need to strengthen in midfield though.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 1377 viewscolinallcars

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:55 - Jan 21 by davman

As Northern said in one of his reports, we do not realise how blessed we are with those two until we get the shocking Sky Comms teams - no comparison...

And when, earlier in the season, he said Manning had got his dream move to Swansea.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 10:12 - Jan 21 with 1327 viewsslmrstid

I'm a big fan of Dom Ball, you can see that he loves playing football for us, and loves being a professional footballer, and the fact he cares so much and shows that makes him a real plus for me. I love seeing him charging about the pitch waving his arms all over the air.

Not a Faurlin type player by any means, but I think he could be a very good Shaun Derry type, and is probably an under-appreciated player mostly.

Definitely cult hero potential. His celebrations after that goal against Cardiff alone are worth it. What a shame there wasnt a full stadium to witness it and go crazy with him...
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 10:24 - Jan 21 with 1277 viewsgazza1

He has got a few limitations but he is a totally committed player and in the Championship you need players like him......works his socks off, wants 3 points, moans at players, gives it all.

That is good enough for me and good enough for me to pick him every week.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:25]
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 12:58 - Jan 21 with 1105 viewsthehat

Neil Warnock used to call these players "Bread and Butter" players.

Ollie used to call them "Piano Carriers"

For me Dom Ball is a fantastic squad player and can fill in a number of positions but if we have aspirations of playing up towards the play offs next season we need better all round quality.

But a "cult hero" Yeah why not..........
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 1089 viewsA40Bosh

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 09:55 - Jan 21 by davman

...and remember that Nick London is now of an age where you open your mouth to call one of your children and you go through 6 different names both male and female and canine before you get their name right

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 15:40 - Jan 21 with 958 viewsNorthantsHoop

We look a lot better with Dom Ball in midfield, unsung hero and he can certainly drive forward when needed. Since Cameron has dropped into back 3 that has helped him as well. Without checking the stats reckon when Ball is in midfield we dont lose so much.
Dom ‘The Dominator’ Ball on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 933 viewssimmo

Shit but he tries. A team of Doms would be carnage, but having one proper honest and grateful grafter is very QPR so we don't mind him. Like a kid at a wedding reception, another few sips of his drink and send him back onto the dancefloor to chase balloons while we get on with the party.

Plus, he'll always have that last minute winner against Cardiff, just a shame the fans weren't there for him!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024