Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History 09:23 - Jan 22 with 1165 viewsNorthernr

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History 22nd Jan 2021 09:22
Back to the 1970s in the History again this week as we look back to a memorable win for QPR at home to their opponents on Saturday, Derby County. 0

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 1112 views2Thomas2Bowles

Nice but first YT link not working here.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 10:18 - Jan 22 with 1110 viewsNorthernr

Fixed I hope.
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 1100 views2Thomas2Bowles

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 10:18 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Fixed I hope.

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 14:07 - Jan 22 with 1048 viewsBostonR

I was at that game. You could sense that team was going to do well in 75/76. There was a momentum in that team. Worth remebering that after we beat Liverpool 2-0 on the opening day in 75/76 we went to Derby (who were champions) and smashed them 5-1 with a Bowles hat-trick.
I was there with quite a few R's and I could not believe it!
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 1039 viewsdutch

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 14:07 - Jan 22 by BostonR

I was at that game. You could sense that team was going to do well in 75/76. There was a momentum in that team. Worth remebering that after we beat Liverpool 2-0 on the opening day in 75/76 we went to Derby (who were champions) and smashed them 5-1 with a Bowles hat-trick.
I was there with quite a few R's and I could not believe it!

I too was there, amazing win and the start of something incredible. But talking of riots I remember having dustbins rolled down the street at us either before or after the game as it all kicked off, with a large Rangers contingent more than holding their own.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 14:20]
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 14:39 - Jan 22 with 1016 viewsBoston

Great day out.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:08 - Jan 22 with 999 viewsDWQPR

My memories of this game as a nine year old was being at my Dad's shop in Thorpebank Road and playing five-a-side subbuteo with my brother who had just got the game for his birthday. Sitting upstairs in the shop flat with Grandstand on the TV and LBC providing regular reports on London sides. Was the first time that the mighty R's topped the whole of the football league in the clubs history. Just to think we were just one draw converted to a win to be the Champions of England that season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 963 viewsstainrods_elbow

Were any LfWers at the 5-1 win at the Baseball Ground? Was it the utter trouncing the result suggests? A tragedy no cameras appear to have recorded it for posterity.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:33 - Jan 22 with 944 views2Thomas2Bowles

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:08 - Jan 22 by DWQPR

My memories of this game as a nine year old was being at my Dad's shop in Thorpebank Road and playing five-a-side subbuteo with my brother who had just got the game for his birthday. Sitting upstairs in the shop flat with Grandstand on the TV and LBC providing regular reports on London sides. Was the first time that the mighty R's topped the whole of the football league in the clubs history. Just to think we were just one draw converted to a win to be the Champions of England that season.

one drawing converted to a win to be the Champions of England that season.

Yeah that draw at SU only made the Norwich game look/became that much more important

The SU game was a lot like Liverpool Last night, we battered them but only draw.

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 927 viewsmichaelm13

Typical Rangers, we only got 2 points at the relegated THREE club grounds that season !
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:51 - Jan 22 with 925 viewsBostonR

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:26 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

Were any LfWers at the 5-1 win at the Baseball Ground? Was it the utter trouncing the result suggests? A tragedy no cameras appear to have recorded it for posterity.

Match Report:
https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/41805/derby-county-qpr-day-1975

Incredible day!
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:56 - Jan 22 with 915 viewsBostonR

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:50 - Jan 22 by michaelm13

Typical Rangers, we only got 2 points at the relegated THREE club grounds that season !

We drew 0-0 at Sheff Utd. We absolutely smashed them! If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped at HT. The fecking ball would not go in.
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 16:04 - Jan 22 with 904 viewsstainrods_elbow

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:56 - Jan 22 by BostonR

We drew 0-0 at Sheff Utd. We absolutely smashed them! If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped at HT. The fecking ball would not go in.

I remember Stan saying he felt that was the crucial result that got away from us that season, not the ill-fated 2-3 at Norwich. If we'd won against Sheff U even 1-0, would that have tilted the title our way at the end (using GA not GD of course)?

Still painful after all these years. I think I cried for a week.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 16:05 - Jan 22 with 902 viewsdutch

I was there too, got a slap round the head from some Sheffield Neanderthal for wearing pink pegs, plastic sandals and a wedge haircut .He probably had a point.
Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 859 viewsStanisgod

I might be mistaken but with another point wouldn't we have still lost it on goal average, even worse.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 18:25 - Jan 22 with 797 viewsBoston

Class of 75 run riot against Rams - History on 15:26 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, a number of us were there and yes,we pissed all over ‘em. As mentioned, big Rangers turn out that day with a few outbreaks of trouble before, during and after the game, but nothing overly serious, certainly nothing compared to the running riot at the following seasons evening fixture.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024