Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams 17:13 - Jan 22 with 28112 viewsdavman

50 tomorrow!

As my birthday is around Cup 4th round, we never seem to play, so tomorrow is a rare one.

Surely it can't be three wins on the trot?

Pessimism keeps me high in the prediction league; I always hope I'm going to be wrong, but unfortunately since lockdown, it seems not to be the way.

A 1-1 with Dykes finally scoring in open play...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 4554 viewsbosh67

I have a feeling that Dykes may break his duck although it will be a cagy game. For all the bluster on Rooney he's already made them a bit harder to beat. By the same tone so are we so it may be a stalemate although we are due a few wins at home surely?

And we have Austin, the six million dollar man, given his transfer fee rating.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:34 - Jan 22 with 4520 viewspaulparker

Our biggest game of the season imo , win this and we can go 8 points clear of them of them giving us some much needed breathing space , we cannot let them beat us
I have a feeling we may win 2-0

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 4518 viewspaulparker

Oh and happy birthday davman

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:01 - Jan 22 with 4478 viewsplasmahoop

1all draw I reckon. Which would be OK, given the last two wins. Although obviously a win would be better!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:11 - Jan 22 with 4453 viewsBoston

Happy Birthday young whippersnapper.

Queens Park Rangers 2. Derby County 0

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 19:55 - Jan 22 with 4389 viewsNed_Kennedys

If De Wijs is fit I would be tempted to try Barbet as left wing back: he can certainly cross a ball and I'm sure I have read that he has experience at playing left back before.

Fancy a 2-0 win tomorrow with Austin & Dykes scoring.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 4346 viewsRangersw12

1 - 0 Win
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 20:43 - Jan 22 with 4324 viewsRs_Holy

Happy Birthday Davman...welcome to the club 😆...0-0
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 23:21]
Login to get fewer ads

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 4317 viewsMyke

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 19:55 - Jan 22 by Ned_Kennedys

If De Wijs is fit I would be tempted to try Barbet as left wing back: he can certainly cross a ball and I'm sure I have read that he has experience at playing left back before.

Fancy a 2-0 win tomorrow with Austin & Dykes scoring.

'Babet has played left back before' keeps coming up. I would like confirmation from NewBee or SwitchingCode, but my understanding is that he played there once under duress and was shite. Tellingly, Warburton who knows him well has never experimented with this or even hinted at it. As for his crossing, very much an urban myth as most end up in Row Z. I would like to see him jettisoned for De Wijs, but I don't suppose that will happen. Not sure he is fit yet anyway
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 4281 viewsNed_Kennedys

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 20:47 - Jan 22 by Myke

'Babet has played left back before' keeps coming up. I would like confirmation from NewBee or SwitchingCode, but my understanding is that he played there once under duress and was shite. Tellingly, Warburton who knows him well has never experimented with this or even hinted at it. As for his crossing, very much an urban myth as most end up in Row Z. I would like to see him jettisoned for De Wijs, but I don't suppose that will happen. Not sure he is fit yet anyway

Here you go:-

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/yoann-barbet/

and he has put in some great crosses into the area, resulting in a few goals for sure.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 22:05 - Jan 22 with 4255 viewsMyke

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 21:26 - Jan 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Here you go:-

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/yoann-barbet/

and he has put in some great crosses into the area, resulting in a few goals for sure.

Fair enough, but 'featured at left back' may still have been just one appearance and it may have been shite! My point that Warburton, with all the personnel and positional changes over the past season and a half, has never suggested he play LB, still holds true.
I will grant you some good deliveries, Bonne v SW comes to mind, but I would argue that a disproportionate number of his 'diags' end up in the stand.
Look, you may well be right, as a stop gap, but I sincerely hope we bring in a LWB in the next week or so.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 4242 viewsstevenagehoop

Happy birthday for tomorrow Dav - hope it’s a good one given current circumstances - I know someone we both know that was 40 last year - don’t time fly.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 00:30 - Jan 23 with 4169 viewsHunterhoop

Happy Birthday, Dav!

Who would believe you’re only 50! Anyway, well done.

2-1 Rangers. Dykes to get one.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 02:36 - Jan 23 with 4138 viewsFredManRave

Happy Hawaii Dave! Got mine in less than 3 months!

If paulparker thinks we're gone win 2-0 then I'm going for 17-1.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 2:36]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 07:38 - Jan 23 with 4079 viewsloftboy

Happy birthday Dav

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 08:25 - Jan 23 with 4052 viewsdavman

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 00:30 - Jan 23 by Hunterhoop

Happy Birthday, Dav!

Who would believe you’re only 50! Anyway, well done.

2-1 Rangers. Dykes to get one.

"Only" 50 - cheeky sod.

Still probably one of the youngest on here...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 08:31 - Jan 23 with 4050 viewshoopsmark

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 08:25 - Jan 23 by davman

"Only" 50 - cheeky sod.

Still probably one of the youngest on here...

You most probably are....ive got 10 years on you for a start...
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:11 - Jan 23 with 4009 viewsDieByYourSide

More of a must-not-lose than a must-win, for me. Three points to move us into 15th would be lovely though, and maybe we could start looking up the table a bit...

Poll: And it's hi ho

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:15 - Jan 23 with 4003 viewsDubaiR

They haven't conceeded more than 1 goal in a game for 11 games. We should win but we don't win 3 in a row, or 3 clean sheets in a row. Backed us to win but head says 1 1
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:17 - Jan 23 with 4000 viewsqprxtc

Happy birthday dav, you old old git
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:20 - Jan 23 with 4001 viewsEastR

Happy birthday young man!

Charlie's 50th goal on your 50th? It has to be

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:58 - Jan 23 with 3952 viewsDavieQPR

Barbet had a few games at LB for Brentford. He was shite.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 10:02 - Jan 23 with 3945 viewsngbqpr

My first Rs game was a 0-0 vs the Rams, March 1974. It was very 0-0.

Predicting the same today tho obviously hoping for a birthday win for davman

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 10:34 - Jan 23 with 3914 viewsQPRSteve

Happy Birthday Dav.

Not sure what to make of this game. Worried about our midfield being overrun but hoping our luck holds. I wonder of Warbs will revert to a back four so that he can play Cameron as a holding midfielder?
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 3866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome to the Hawaii club, Dav.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024