Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s changed? Preview 18:23 - Jan 22 with 2265 viewsNorthernr

What’s changed? Preview 22nd Jan 2021 18:21
Two away wins and two clean sheets in a week have transformed the narrative around a QPR season that seemed to be in a death spiral. Ahead of Saturday’s home six-pointer with Derby, LFW examines what, if anything, has really changed. 11

What’s changed? Preview on 19:55 - Jan 22 with 2043 viewsderbyhoop

Very little has changed. We weren't awful on a 10 game non winning run and we're not world beaters after the last 2 wins. The difference seems to be Austin, who has given the whole club a boost and made both Dykes and Bonne look much better.

Hopefully, we make it 3/3 on Saturday.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What’s changed? Preview on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 1862 viewsMyke

Warburton is perfectly correct to talk about fine margins, because that, cumulatively, is what will get a manager sacked when things go wrong, but equally can keep your head above water when it bounces in your favour. You mentioned Reading and Norwich, as ones that could have gone in our favour, but equally if we had played Luton when we were supposed to, on New Years Day pre-Austin, when we couldn't beg steal or borrow a goal and when MW was having a lonely drink in the last chance saloon. If we had lost that...

What's changed? Mostly you have covered it, but also CONFIDENCE. Charlie brought it with him, not only because he was not ballasted by our sterility in front of goal, but because who WOULDN'T be pumped by the hype leading up to the Second Coming. So then, not only do we get the win, but Bonne breaks a long goal fast, with a cute second. The difference that goal made to him was palpable when he came on the other night, he was buzzing and caused Cardiff all sorts of problems, at a time when we should have been nervously holding on.
Also GOOD LUCK. Our luck has generally being rotten all season, perfectly illustrated by the final moments v Reading, or BOS v Norwich. But against Cardiff - and you can talk about all the 'could have been/ should have been' minutes in the game all you like, only one matters - Smithies should have saved Willock's shot, crap weather or no crap weather. He didn't and suddenly it's two wins on the spin and now we have another player buzzing after breaking his duck
Good luck/ confidence/Charlie - bring on Derby!
What’s changed? Preview on 22:47 - Jan 22 with 1740 viewsDorse

We are brilliant. Anyone who disagrees is clearly related to John Terry and might be a member of the QAnon conspiracy. And smells.

Sorry. I have had a lot of beer.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 22:48]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What’s changed? Preview on 05:08 - Jan 23 with 1515 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, Bonne looks like a good man reborn (see what i did here?) and appears to have greatly benefited from the Charlie bounce. Even Dykes is starting to look like 'there might be a player in there somewhere' and scored a goal that wasn't that probably was. I also thought Willock did well in his unaccustomed role vs Cardiff, but those two midfielders we're now apparently in the loan market for we do definitely need.

Meanwhile, Faurlin is tweeting he feels he still has something to offer at 34 and would gladly train with us. He wouldn't be bringng the pace he never had, but what about it?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

What’s changed? Preview on 09:18 - Jan 23 with 1358 viewsstevec

Just be thankful TF was still using his Twitter account.
What’s changed? Preview on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 1328 viewsthehat

I guess we are all fickle football fans and always will be.

There are good players in there with Dykes and Bonne and I think they will come good for QPR - We just need to be patient. Don't forget Sir Les took his time to come good.
What’s changed? Preview on 10:11 - Jan 23 with 1286 viewsBlue_Castello

What’s changed? Preview on 19:55 - Jan 22 by derbyhoop

Very little has changed. We weren't awful on a 10 game non winning run and we're not world beaters after the last 2 wins. The difference seems to be Austin, who has given the whole club a boost and made both Dykes and Bonne look much better.

Yup I have been saying through November and December if we can just get to January outside the bottom three and then make 3 or 4 loan signings we could be OK, then they pull the rabbit out of the hat and get Charlie back.
Fingers massively crossed that he stays fit , I'm ok with 70 ish minutes per game if that's what he can manage, the worst thing to do is push him too hard and he breaks down, as somebody said last week he comes alive in the box......
What’s changed? Preview on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 1211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good preview, Clive.

I think the turnaround predates Austin and can be traced back to the change in formation. Kudos to Warburton.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

What’s changed? Preview on 11:07 - Jan 23 with 1205 viewsPinnerPaul

What’s changed? Preview on 19:55 - Jan 22 by derbyhoop

Agree with all that, including Bonne looking better despite not playing a single minute with Charlie yet!
What’s changed? Preview on 12:39 - Jan 23 with 1094 viewstimcocking

The mojo (might) be rising, thanks to Charlie.

Gutted that incompetent buffoon robbed him of his second in two...
What’s changed? Preview on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 1079 viewsBlue_Castello

What’s changed? Preview on 11:01 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Good preview, Clive.

I think the turnaround predates Austin and can be traced back to the change in formation. Kudos to Warburton.

Agreed there was definitely improvement defensively but at the end of the day we still didn't look like scoring a goal, Austins introduction has changed that and given Dykes and Bonne a lift in the process......
What’s changed? Preview on 12:56 - Jan 23 with 1067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What’s changed? Preview on 12:52 - Jan 23 by Blue_Castello

Agreed there was definitely improvement defensively but at the end of the day we still didn't look like scoring a goal, Austins introduction has changed that and given Dykes and Bonne a lift in the process......

Definitely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What’s changed? Preview on 14:51 - Jan 23 with 928 viewseastside_r

Totally agree with the main thrust of the article. I haven't changed my opinion on the manager. Pleased to see that he does seem to have a Plan B, even if it is heavily reliant on a new player, that we pretty much know he had little involvement in signing (Austin.)

And best of all, great to see us winning again which should always be the only agenda.
What’s changed? Preview on 18:58 - Jan 23 with 813 viewsHoosWho

Judging by today’s game, fu€£ all.
What’s changed? Preview on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 734 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We have 27 points as opposed to 21.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024