Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Var in cup games 16:49 - Jan 24 with 1492 viewsdigswellhoop

Either you have var in all games or not at all think it's a awful rule
Var in cup games on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 1480 viewsqpr_1968

ban it all together.
ref and 2 linesmen are all thats needed......if they make a mistake, so what, we've put up with their mistakes for years.

keep stopping the game to look at a screen, my god.
if we keep the var only use it for what it was initially intended for, and that was see if the ball crossed the goal line.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Var in cup games on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 1458 viewsNorthernr

Hate the whole thing, have basically stopped watching top level football because of it, but this is a particularly good point. How can games in the same round of the same competition be refereed to different standards and practices? It's ridiculous.
Var in cup games on 20:02 - Jan 24 with 1315 viewsloftboy

Not often I’ve agreed with Digswell but 100% agree with him on this.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Var in cup games on 10:04 - Jan 25 with 1184 viewsgazza1

Each competition should have the same rules, if VAR is used in the FA Cup then it should be used for all matches. Different competitions may differ slightly but not on the rules of football.
Var in cup games on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 1128 viewsPinnerPaul

Var in cup games on 16:59 - Jan 24 by Northernr

Hate the whole thing, have basically stopped watching top level football because of it, but this is a particularly good point. How can games in the same round of the same competition be refereed to different standards and practices? It's ridiculous.

You didn't see the Sheff Utd v Plymouth non handball then?

That's with VAR!

VAR seems to say on the comms that the ball has hit the 'green zone' ie that nonsense non handball area of the arm - ANOTHER complication to the handball law.

I would have loved that to have happened in one of our games, just to read your reaction.

Just for a bit of fun - here it is!

https://streamable.com/efvky9

Even the refs on RefChat can't quite believe that decision!
Var in cup games on 15:33 - Jan 25 with 1120 viewsnix

Var in cup games on 15:27 - Jan 25 by PinnerPaul

You didn't see the Sheff Utd v Plymouth non handball then?

That's with VAR!

VAR seems to say on the comms that the ball has hit the 'green zone' ie that nonsense non handball area of the arm - ANOTHER complication to the handball law.

I would have loved that to have happened in one of our games, just to read your reaction.

Just for a bit of fun - here it is!

https://streamable.com/efvky9

Even the refs on RefChat can't quite believe that decision!

It's a farce. I'd love VAR to have improved fairness in games but it just hasn't. If that's not a penalty but Paul Pogba tripping himself up in the penalty box is, then we might as well scrap the whole expansive, useless thing.
Var in cup games on 16:00 - Jan 25 with 1106 viewsrrrspricey

The concept of VAR is sound imo, it's how it's being applied that's farcical.

All these lines to see if someone's bootlace is offside by a couple of microns is ridiculous. By all means have a look but if it's not evident after one replay, it's not clear or obvious so let it go ffs

Agree re the cup though. Only the magnificent stadia inhabited by football's elite are capable of facilitating such technology....more like we can't have our highly paid cheating arsewipes being denied a goal by a rogue flag.
Var in cup games on 00:45 - Jan 26 with 1037 viewsMatch82

Var in cup games on 16:00 - Jan 25 by rrrspricey

The concept of VAR is sound imo, it's how it's being applied that's farcical.

All these lines to see if someone's bootlace is offside by a couple of microns is ridiculous. By all means have a look but if it's not evident after one replay, it's not clear or obvious so let it go ffs

Agree re the cup though. Only the magnificent stadia inhabited by football's elite are capable of facilitating such technology....more like we can't have our highly paid cheating arsewipes being denied a goal by a rogue flag.

I agree. Give them thirty seconds. If you can't definitively say "that was wrong" in thirty seconds then it's not clear and obvious.
Login to get fewer ads

Var in cup games on 07:54 - Jan 26 with 1000 viewsR_from_afar

I really think that for a competition or a division, it has to be used in every game or none.

I want the football authorities to persist with VAR but I think the time limit for a VAR review is a good idea.

I am in favour of keeping it because I am utterly convinced that "the big teams" have for too long been getting the better of the decisions. There was a Premiership match earlier this season between Brighton and Liverpool which would have finished 0-3 without VAR. With it, it finished 1-1. The decisions revised by VAR were all correct, if very tight but, if I recall correctly, not so tight as to require an unreasonable amount of checking.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024