Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Walsh 21:55 - Jan 26 with 6268 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-sign-gillingham-prospect-walsh?ut

Anyone know anything about him? Seems a bit strange for us to spend half a million on an 18-year old keeper

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joe Walsh on 21:57 - Jan 26 with 4725 viewsflynnbo

On the January Transfer thread.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 21:58]
Joe Walsh on 21:58 - Jan 26 with 4718 viewsRangersw12

Got to be up to 500k with add-ons
Joe Walsh on 22:01 - Jan 26 with 4678 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Walsh on 21:57 - Jan 26 by flynnbo

On the January Transfer thread.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 21:58]

I felt as though he needed his own thread 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joe Walsh on 22:11 - Jan 26 with 4602 viewsDannyPaddox

Joe Walsh on 22:01 - Jan 26 by Gloucs_R

I felt as though he needed his own thread 😁

Life’s been good to him so far.

Or so he claims.
Joe Walsh on 22:17 - Jan 26 with 4562 viewsMrSheen

Joe Walsh on 22:11 - Jan 26 by DannyPaddox

Life’s been good to him so far.

Or so he claims.

I’ve heard he’s got accountants who pay for it all.
Joe Walsh on 22:21 - Jan 26 with 4537 viewsLoftgirl

Joe Walsh on 22:17 - Jan 26 by MrSheen

I’ve heard he’s got accountants who pay for it all.

I hope he slows down in his Maseratti.
Joe Walsh on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 4510 viewsDavieQPR

Key word is 'potentially'. Probably more like £100k with rest based on first team milestones.
Joe Walsh on 22:38 - Jan 26 with 4428 viewsNov77

Thought he would have gone to Palace

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Walsh on 22:41 - Jan 26 with 4413 viewsA40Bosh

Joe Walsh on 22:21 - Jan 26 by Loftgirl

I hope he slows down in his Maseratti.

He lost his license
Now he don’t drive.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Joe Walsh on 22:53 - Jan 26 with 4354 viewsted_hendrix

Joe Walsh on 22:41 - Jan 26 by A40Bosh

He lost his license
Now he don’t drive.

"He has a limo, He rides in the back
He locks the doors in case he's attacked"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Joe Walsh on 23:11 - Jan 26 with 4295 viewsDannyPaddox

Joe Walsh on 22:53 - Jan 26 by ted_hendrix

"He has a limo, He rides in the back
He locks the doors in case he's attacked"

That’s Gillingham!
Joe Walsh on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 4281 viewsBoston

Let's hope he's rock solid.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 0:34]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joe Walsh on 00:12 - Jan 27 with 4173 viewsaston_hoop

I hate to be that miserable bastard, but they'll have to add a second line to the keepers list now

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/under-23s/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Joe Walsh on 00:18 - Jan 27 with 4162 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Joe Walsh on 23:11 - Jan 26 by DannyPaddox

That’s Gillingham!

He better not show up in Chicago riding in the back or front 150+ carjackings since Jan 1 2020 and not slowing down
Joe Walsh on 08:04 - Jan 27 with 3863 viewsdistortR

Joe Walsh on 00:12 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

I hate to be that miserable bastard, but they'll have to add a second line to the keepers list now

apparently we've shown him 'a clear pathway' to the first team, something bigger teams nosing around couldn't offer. Good on him for choosing career progression over £££, and good on us for becoming a team where promising young players are actively willing to go now.
The cloud on the horizon is I think we may well only get to watch Seny this season. If he does move to another club who-happen-to-be-higher-up-than-us-now-due-to-the-cyclic-nature-of-football, he deserves it on his, quite frankly, excellent levels of performance this season.
Joe Walsh on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 3663 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We may even have to design a new website.

It's just one step forward and two steps back...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joe Walsh on 10:14 - Jan 27 with 3550 viewsEsox_Lucius

Slip him into the U18's squad for the time being LOL

The grass is always greener.

Joe Walsh on 10:17 - Jan 27 with 3528 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joe Walsh on 08:04 - Jan 27 by distortR

apparently we've shown him 'a clear pathway' to the first team, something bigger teams nosing around couldn't offer. Good on him for choosing career progression over £££, and good on us for becoming a team where promising young players are actively willing to go now.
The cloud on the horizon is I think we may well only get to watch Seny this season. If he does move to another club who-happen-to-be-higher-up-than-us-now-due-to-the-cyclic-nature-of-football, he deserves it on his, quite frankly, excellent levels of performance this season.

Along with the improved contract for Sinclair Armstrong, it's good news week at QPR. More good work by Les, I just don't understand the opprobrium he receives. I think that given the restraints we are working under he & Hoos are a godsend to the club.

The grass is always greener.

Joe Walsh on 10:17 - Jan 27 with 3526 viewsterryb

I think most of us would agree that none of Lumley, Kelly or Barnes are good enough to be a regular in the Championship.

It would make sense to me to sign a possible replacement for Dieng now rather than make a panic signing if/when we receive an offer for him that is too good to turn down.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 10:18]
Joe Walsh on 10:24 - Jan 27 with 3501 viewsMyke

It would appear the club are expecting firm offers for Dieng in the summer and have identified his replacement. If so, this is exactly the right way to implement their 'buy low, sell high' policy. Dieng on a long-term contract, in good form will attract bids from bigger clubs. There is no rush and we can negotiate the best deal for the club. A young potential replacement identified and signed in readiness for the senior player's departure. You would have to say the club have got this spot on.
Clearly, that was not the case with Manning and BOS, for reasons discussed ad nauseam elsewhere. But still we made modest profits on both and both contributed significantly to many exciting moments on the pitch last season (it can't be ALWAYS be about money, or there is simply no point.We might as well start supporting Deloitte & Touche).
Final point, seemingly the coaching staff/management/hierarchy feel that none of Lumley/Barnes/Kelly are going to cut the mustard as regulars at this level.
Joe Walsh on 10:45 - Jan 27 with 3429 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An 18-yr old goalie with precious little experience is no replacement for anyone, and most likely too young even for a place on the bench.

Very happy with the signing and I wish him well with his development, but we shouldn't expect too much of him any time soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joe Walsh on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 3412 viewsAntti_Heinola

Joe Walsh on 10:24 - Jan 27 by Myke

It would appear the club are expecting firm offers for Dieng in the summer and have identified his replacement. If so, this is exactly the right way to implement their 'buy low, sell high' policy. Dieng on a long-term contract, in good form will attract bids from bigger clubs. There is no rush and we can negotiate the best deal for the club. A young potential replacement identified and signed in readiness for the senior player's departure. You would have to say the club have got this spot on.
Clearly, that was not the case with Manning and BOS, for reasons discussed ad nauseam elsewhere. But still we made modest profits on both and both contributed significantly to many exciting moments on the pitch last season (it can't be ALWAYS be about money, or there is simply no point.We might as well start supporting Deloitte & Touche).
Final point, seemingly the coaching staff/management/hierarchy feel that none of Lumley/Barnes/Kelly are going to cut the mustard as regulars at this level.

Disagree.
Certainly not a replacement for next season, and would be surprised if Dieng goes this summer. Would take an extremely large bid given his contract situation. Has less to do with Dieng and more to do with the other keepers.

Bare bones.

Joe Walsh on 10:52 - Jan 27 with 3382 viewsrsonist

Seems a very positive signing. England youth international, praise from team mates and boss ("A naive manager might have brought someone in on loan but Walsh could be in the under-23s for any Championship club in the country" - LOL Steve Evans), report from a non-clickbait journo of serious interest (for what it's worth):

Joe Walsh on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 3323 viewsfrancisbowles

Joe Walsh on 10:17 - Jan 27 by Esox_Lucius

Along with the improved contract for Sinclair Armstrong, it's good news week at QPR. More good work by Les, I just don't understand the opprobrium he receives. I think that given the restraints we are working under he & Hoos are a godsend to the club.

I am a firm supporter of Hoos, Ramsey and to a slightly lesser extent Sir Les (some good stuff and some questionable) but I would reserve congratulations on these two prospective deals until the ink is dry on the contracts.
Joe Walsh on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 3276 viewsLongsufferingR

Somebody at the club seems to have a serious 70s fetish. First Joe Walsh now it looks lie we'll be signing James Garner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024