Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HMRC Scams 09:03 - Jan 27 with 15374 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Had a text today saying I was due a rebate and click this link.....the text was from a mobile .

I blocked and reported and checked the HMRC website apparently a lot of vermin are trying this with covid related ones.

You may want to tell more vunerable people 'no clicky strange text linky'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

HMRC Scams on 09:24 - Jan 27 with 6801 views2Thomas2Bowles

Had it
Also
Lloyds Alert, your phone has been paired with another phone

Barclays Alert, some other nonsense

Some others I have forgotten

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

HMRC Scams on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 6742 viewseghamranger

Had EE and Argos texts saying I need to update my payment details, never had accounts with them.

I suspect that if you send enough messages out to random numbers, someone will complete them.
HMRC Scams on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 6742 viewsjohann28

All sorts of crap these days. My mum (89) got someone pretending to be police going on about fraudulent use of card or somesuch. Gave a name and crime number. One call to the Met from me proved whole thing was a scam.

Death's too good for these people.
HMRC Scams on 10:02 - Jan 27 with 6717 viewsWokingR

But what about Lordes from Burkina Faso who has seen me on the Whatsapp and has set up an account just for me with her erotic pictures ?
That must be legit, right ?
HMRC Scams on 10:20 - Jan 27 with 6666 viewshantssi

HMRC Scams on 10:02 - Jan 27 by WokingR

But what about Lordes from Burkina Faso who has seen me on the Whatsapp and has set up an account just for me with her erotic pictures ?
That must be legit, right ?

Anyone read The Yes Man by Danny Wallace?
He ends up going to Amsterdam to meet someone on the strength of a scam email!
Worth a read, I should put this on the books thread.
I get loads of spam email and texts, some make you laugh with the bad spelling and grammar!
HMRC Scams on 10:27 - Jan 27 with 6645 viewsBerkoRanger

And the Amazon one that says you have just been charged to update your Amazon Prime account (or been charged £470 for a random purchase). If this is not you press the link. Don't because all they want is your bank details.
HMRC Scams on 10:28 - Jan 27 with 6623 viewsqprxtc

Got one today today too.

Tax. Some git who wants your money to spend for themselves. Legally or otherwise.
HMRC Scams on 10:36 - Jan 27 with 6607 viewsstowmarketrange

HMRC Scams on 10:27 - Jan 27 by BerkoRanger

And the Amazon one that says you have just been charged to update your Amazon Prime account (or been charged £470 for a random purchase). If this is not you press the link. Don't because all they want is your bank details.

I get phone messages left all the time about £100 transactions on your credit card, but I just ignore them.
I had a call yesterday from an Asian chap running through a load of random questions and I know I should’ve just hung up,but I didn’t.
I think they record the conversation and edit parts of what they need to bypass voice recognition technology that some companies use now.
Be careful out there people.
Login to get fewer ads

HMRC Scams on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 6557 viewsQPR_John

Often get calls about BT, Amazon etc and have been tempted to "press one" to talk to an operator. After all what harm could it do to string them along. However I have been told that this puts you onto a premium rate number and the scammers get at least some money from you if not your details.
HMRC Scams on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 6494 viewsDannyPaddox

Dear Kveens PÃ¥rk Rangersi

You have new payee. Would like to pay small amount of monies into your account. Maybe send you donkey. Please give sort code and account number. Also give names of any other decent player you have.

Kind Regards
Fanny-Bahçe
HMRC Scams on 12:01 - Jan 27 with 6407 viewsToast_R

I've seen NHS Vaccine scam emails as well now. There really are so absolute low life scum in this world.
HMRC Scams on 12:01 - Jan 27 with 6412 viewsstowmarketrange

HMRC Scams on 11:30 - Jan 27 by DannyPaddox

Dear Kveens PÃ¥rk Rangersi

You have new payee. Would like to pay small amount of monies into your account. Maybe send you donkey. Please give sort code and account number. Also give names of any other decent player you have.

Kind Regards
Fanny-Bahçe

We got scammed by two men claiming to be football managers a few years ago.Once was bad enough,but to get caught again so soon was terrible.
HMRC Scams on 12:02 - Jan 27 with 6412 viewsGuppy

I get them all the time but decided to play along one day when they said there had been unusual activity on my internet and needed me to allow them access to sort out (!) so i said i would put the pc on but it was in the other room to the phone thus extending their amount of time on the phone with gaps between me so say walking back and forth - told them i was clicking on what they said but nothing was happening (it wouldnt i didnt even have pc on) so after about 10 minutes he then passed me onto his supervisor to try and sort and we carried on the game - 10 minutes later he then passed me onto his manager again me playing along until i decided to go and do something different and asked him is it because i only use the pc for home use and dont connect to the internet thats the problem - then we had a few choice words he hung up and havent had them again
HMRC Scams on 12:31 - Jan 27 with 6326 viewswood_hoop

Had a few iffy e-mails/phone calls as well, if you have time a good thing to send to below link, probably getting thousands but should help get rid of some of them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/reporting
HMRC Scams on 13:21 - Jan 27 with 6242 viewshantssi

This is on a actual thread on here!

“ Hey, I can your help I know an online resource where you can get the accounting advisor plan from https://www.ogscapital.com/art site. This site is business plan making site and I hope they will help you.”
HMRC Scams on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 6119 viewsR_from_afar

There was pretty convincing scam recently based on the caller saying they were from Domestic & General and 'phoning about the renewal of an insurance policy on an electrical item. When I questioned why the renewal was being done over the 'phone rather than via a letter, as is usual, I got put through to a supervisor. They eventually quoted a very low renewal price.

The other thing which gave them away was the fact that they didn't ask me to authenticate myself in any other way than by saying that I was who they thought I was. No questions about the electrical item, my address, my date of birth...

My mum also got a call from these Domestic & General scammers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

HMRC Scams on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 6110 viewsSimonJames

Never click a link in a text or email that asks you to enter personal details or username/password. Always go directly to the website and log in there - less convenient but much safer.

100% of people who drink water will die.

HMRC Scams on 01:34 - Jan 28 with 5889 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

HMRC Scams on 01:36 - Jan 28 with 5881 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I received one yesterday asking me to correct details on my HSBC account. I've never banked with HSBC.
HMRC Scams on 06:37 - Jan 28 with 5822 viewsozexile

HMRC Scams on 12:02 - Jan 27 by Guppy

I get them all the time but decided to play along one day when they said there had been unusual activity on my internet and needed me to allow them access to sort out (!) so i said i would put the pc on but it was in the other room to the phone thus extending their amount of time on the phone with gaps between me so say walking back and forth - told them i was clicking on what they said but nothing was happening (it wouldnt i didnt even have pc on) so after about 10 minutes he then passed me onto his supervisor to try and sort and we carried on the game - 10 minutes later he then passed me onto his manager again me playing along until i decided to go and do something different and asked him is it because i only use the pc for home use and dont connect to the internet thats the problem - then we had a few choice words he hung up and havent had them again

I did something similar to one over here as I was bored. After about 10 minutes he sussed I was on to him and he was yelling and all sorts. Called me a Time waster!! They obviously just purely see it as a job, no conscience whatsoever!!
HMRC Scams on 07:27 - Jan 28 with 5791 viewsnix

HMRC Scams on 06:37 - Jan 28 by ozexile

I did something similar to one over here as I was bored. After about 10 minutes he sussed I was on to him and he was yelling and all sorts. Called me a Time waster!! They obviously just purely see it as a job, no conscience whatsoever!!

I just let them talk to themselves for a bit while I put the phone on the side. Doesn't waste any of my time but takes up a minute of theirs. I'm hoping it winds them up a tad.
HMRC Scams on 07:33 - Jan 28 with 5766 viewsJuzzie

HMRC Scams on 06:37 - Jan 28 by ozexile

It feels to me the workers (probably poor with a family to feed) are brainwashed by the bosses into believing what they are doing is not wrong and that we’re rich people with nice houses etc and wont affect us if some money goes missing and that it’ll just get replaced by the banks/insurance anyway blah blah so yes, it just feels like a ‘normal’ job to them.
Personally I wouldn’t get involved in wasting their time. Some of them are highly organised crime gangs.
When i get a call i never confirm my name. When they ask “is that Juzzie” i reply with “who is calling please and what is the reason for calling?”. Most of the time they put the phone down.
I try to avoid saying “yes” as I’ve heard they record calls then digitally edit the conversation and it ends up with you saying “yes” to agreeing to things you never agreed to or were even asked on the call.

They’re getting ever more clever and as others have said, never click on any links on your phone, tablet, pc etc.

They are preying on people’s willingness to oblige & comply and we’re so programmed these days to be slaves to our phones its so easy to get caught.

I always go by the mantra that my phone is there for my convenience, not others. I have no problem with deleting texts or being guarded/unaccommodating (but never rude etc) to a phone call from someone i have no idea who they are. Once its established its a genuine call ( i.e had one yesterday as we are switching energy suppliers) then its all good and happy.

[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 7:45]
HMRC Scams on 23:31 - Jan 28 with 5594 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A few years ago I received a letter claiming that I'd won a foreign lottery I'd never heard of, let alone entered. The letter stated that my winnings were secure but I needed to call a particular number and pay £250 to claim my prize. Naturally I threw the letter in the bin and thought nothing more of it.

One month later I received a letter from a clairvoyant claiming to have the power to read my past and predict my future. To demonstrate her powers she could 'see' that one month earlier I'd received notification of a lottery win. Now that she'd proven her powers she urged me to claim my lottery prize and pay her £100 to read my future!

If anything, you have to admire the sheer gall of these people.
HMRC Scams on 23:35 - Jan 28 with 5591 viewsstowmarketrange

HMRC Scams on 23:31 - Jan 28 by Benny_the_Ball

A few years ago I received a letter claiming that I'd won a foreign lottery I'd never heard of, let alone entered. The letter stated that my winnings were secure but I needed to call a particular number and pay £250 to claim my prize. Naturally I threw the letter in the bin and thought nothing more of it.

One month later I received a letter from a clairvoyant claiming to have the power to read my past and predict my future. To demonstrate her powers she could 'see' that one month earlier I'd received notification of a lottery win. Now that she'd proven her powers she urged me to claim my lottery prize and pay her £100 to read my future!

If anything, you have to admire the sheer gall of these people.

You only need to pay me £50 now and I’ll tell you what you could’ve won.Cheers.
HMRC Scams on 23:41 - Jan 28 with 5584 viewsBenny_the_Ball

HMRC Scams on 23:35 - Jan 28 by stowmarketrange

You only need to pay me £50 now and I’ll tell you what you could’ve won.Cheers.

Is it a speedboat?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024