Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing about that... 18:24 - Feb 6 with 9617 viewsNorthernr

... is it is such an un-QPR-like win.

Second best for large parts, they've got a better midfield, Armstrong is brilliant and they kept getting him into that channel, Dieng has had to make brilliant saves, backs to the wall etc etc. Probably a draw is a fair result, couldn;t have argued if we'd loss. And yet we've won, with the scrappiest goal, off a ball dropping just right at last. These are the wins we haven't been able to get over the line, your bread and butter wins that you need. You're not going to play well every week and you need to bleed a result out of a stone when you don't. We've done that today.

This has thrilled me more than Luton, Watford or Cardiff. Well done Rangers. Fcking well done.

Just wish we'd been there to roar them home through that stoppage time. Silver Lining would have sounded so sweet.
The best thing about that... on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 3455 viewsDieByYourSide

First jammy win of the season? Gotta love it

EDIT - or even jammy result of any kind...?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:31]

Poll: And it's hi ho

The best thing about that... on 18:29 - Feb 6 with 3414 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spot on, Clive.

In the best possible way, it was like Warnock was back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The best thing about that... on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 3392 viewsNorthernr

The best thing about that... on 18:29 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Spot on, Clive.

In the best possible way, it was like Warnock was back.

And you wouldn't want to watch that every week, but you need to be able to get a result when the going is heavy.
The best thing about that... on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 3388 viewsAntti_Heinola

I wouldn't call it jammy. Had the performances and score been reversed, the team would've been destroyed on here. I thought we defended well and other than the free kick and that one Dieng save / Dickie block and Dieng's rare error, I wasn't unduly worried, weirdly. Kane should've scored first half and Chair was as effective as Armstrong imo. Speaking of which, that lad works his ass off for the team. 92nd minute he sprinted back to help out Wallace. Incredible energy levels.

Keep saying this, but Barbet really is playing well at the moment. And Warburton deserves real credit for doing what everyone said he couldn't do: organise a defence and grind out results.

Patience.

Bare bones.

The best thing about that... on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 3349 viewsNorthernr

The best thing about that... on 18:32 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

I wouldn't call it jammy. Had the performances and score been reversed, the team would've been destroyed on here. I thought we defended well and other than the free kick and that one Dieng save / Dickie block and Dieng's rare error, I wasn't unduly worried, weirdly. Kane should've scored first half and Chair was as effective as Armstrong imo. Speaking of which, that lad works his ass off for the team. 92nd minute he sprinted back to help out Wallace. Incredible energy levels.

Keep saying this, but Barbet really is playing well at the moment. And Warburton deserves real credit for doing what everyone said he couldn't do: organise a defence and grind out results.

Patience.

We maybe take it for granted now, but Dieng has made two saves in that game most keepers in this league get nowhere near.
The best thing about that... on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 3326 viewsNorthernr

And I know I say this a lot but... isn;t it quiet on here tonight? Four wins out of five, clean sheets, defence improved. Two threads north of the match thread. Tumbleweeds drifting.

I get the letting off steam thing, but I do find it odd the amount of people silently waiting to pounce on our failures to prove their POV right.
The best thing about that... on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 3298 viewsizlingtonhoop

Rubbish.

But it's saint Northernr

Click away

Edit:

I meant OP

Not the one above...
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:43]
The best thing about that... on 18:41 - Feb 6 with 3267 viewsHantsR

The best thing about that... on 18:37 - Feb 6 by Northernr

And I know I say this a lot but... isn;t it quiet on here tonight? Four wins out of five, clean sheets, defence improved. Two threads north of the match thread. Tumbleweeds drifting.

I get the letting off steam thing, but I do find it odd the amount of people silently waiting to pounce on our failures to prove their POV right.

Dunno about everyone else, but at FT I went off full of unbridled joy to watch the egg chasers - back now...Warburton must go!!
Login to get fewer ads

The best thing about that... on 18:43 - Feb 6 with 3242 viewsHarbour

Cracking win was biting my nails at the end but in truth they only had a few real chances. Dieng must be the best keeper in the league very consistent and pulled off some great saves especially the one from the free kick.
The best thing about that... on 18:43 - Feb 6 with 3241 viewsNorthernr

The best thing about that... on 18:39 - Feb 6 by izlingtonhoop

Rubbish.

But it's saint Northernr

Click away

Edit:

I meant OP

Not the one above...

Come on, give us a kiss.
The best thing about that... on 18:43 - Feb 6 with 3219 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rubbish.

But it's saint Northernr

Click away

Edit:

I meant OP

Not the one above...

What was rubbish about it?
Honest question, Izlington.

The best thing about that... on 18:46 - Feb 6 with 3181 viewsdm97

Rubbish.

But it's saint Northernr

Click away

Edit:

I meant OP

Not the one above...

Sainthood for talking general footballing sense? The pope’s standards have dropped...
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:48]
The best thing about that... on 18:48 - Feb 6 with 3150 viewsPaddyhoops

Cracking win . Diengs free kick save was world class.
I said it before, a keeper like Dieng would have put ten points on last seasons total and that's without Dickie as well.
A lot credit is due to warbs. He got dogs abuse from some people on social media. A lot of it undeserved.
He's done well with a shit hand in my opinion.
The best thing about that... on 18:49 - Feb 6 with 3144 viewsizlingtonhoop

The best thing about that... on 18:43 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

We were all over em more than "second best for large parts".

We did really well today, and yeh Dickie and Dieng saved two points, that's as much their job as Charlie's to put em away. And, as I commented to Junior Iz, we're very lucky to have them.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:50]
The best thing about that... on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 3120 viewsslmrstid

Fully agree, the sort of scrappy win and ball falling in the right place at the right time we've been missing for a long time.

Although we're still only 5 points above the bottom 3 I'm a hell of a lot more confident about the remaining fixtures now than I was on Boxing Day after Swansea.

Fingers crossed we continue to look upwards! Plenty of clubs above us looking over their shoulders as well.
The best thing about that... on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 3115 viewsdublinr

I know it's not great for the statistics etc, Clive, but the quiet exchange of happy inanities from posters with big old silly grins is actually so much nicer..

The best thing about that... on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 3107 viewsNoDiddley

The best thing about that... on 18:43 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I love the ‘Analysts’ on here. Should have played Xmas tree, 3-5-2, 4-5-1 etc,knowing the league I click on the line up at 3 pm & check the result at 5! Simples without all the in between. Obviously miss being there in my beloved seat☹️
The best thing about that... on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 3083 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The best thing about that... on 18:49 - Feb 6 by izlingtonhoop

We were all over em more than "second best for large parts".

We did really well today, and yeh Dickie and Dieng saved two points, that's as much their job as Charlie's to put em away. And, as I commented to Junior Iz, we're very lucky to have them.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:50]

Fair enough.

I agree with your second point - it's like when an opposing fan says "we'd have murdered you only for your keeper" as if us having a good keeper was cheating!

Don't agree with your first point, though. I thought we were on top for the first 15 of each half and under pressure for the other 60 minutes.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:56]

The best thing about that... on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 3080 viewsizlingtonhoop

The best thing about that... on 18:53 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough.

I agree with your second point - it's like when an opposing fan says "we'd have murdered you only for your keeper" as if us having a good keeper was cheating!

Don't agree with your first point, though. I thought we were on top for the first 15 of each half and under pressure for the other 60 minutes.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:56]

Read that again Brian
The best thing about that... on 18:56 - Feb 6 with 3030 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The best thing about that... on 18:53 - Feb 6 by izlingtonhoop

Read that again Brian

Thanks!

Edited.

The best thing about that... on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 3004 viewsizlingtonhoop

The best thing about that... on 18:56 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks!

Edited.

Ich dien.

No

Wait,

That's the other Celts...
The best thing about that... on 19:05 - Feb 6 with 2945 viewsdublinr

If we'd played Wycombe when we were due to we'd probably have cocked it up.

Now we look a different proposition, capable of winning ugly, and were we to beat them we might well be -I speak softly - top half.

Luck, and fine margins, etc

The best thing about that... on 19:08 - Feb 6 with 2902 viewsbakerloo8

People like venting their spleen when we lose (ie. Me)

When we win all is rosy in the world and it's time to crack open the beers.
Enjoy the silence 🤣👌
The best thing about that... on 19:08 - Feb 6 with 2899 viewsridethewave

League’s looking very tough this year, these sort of games are what separate the winners from losers. Fantastic to get the win today in a game we were, second half in particular, under an awful lot of pressure.
The best thing about that... on 19:09 - Feb 6 with 2891 viewsted_hendrix

*The best thing about that...*

Is it is a happier Saturday night for once, so bloody well enjoy it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024