Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing about that... 18:24 - Feb 6 with 9679 viewsNorthernr

... is it is such an un-QPR-like win.

Second best for large parts, they've got a better midfield, Armstrong is brilliant and they kept getting him into that channel, Dieng has had to make brilliant saves, backs to the wall etc etc. Probably a draw is a fair result, couldn;t have argued if we'd loss. And yet we've won, with the scrappiest goal, off a ball dropping just right at last. These are the wins we haven't been able to get over the line, your bread and butter wins that you need. You're not going to play well every week and you need to bleed a result out of a stone when you don't. We've done that today.

This has thrilled me more than Luton, Watford or Cardiff. Well done Rangers. Fcking well done.

Just wish we'd been there to roar them home through that stoppage time. Silver Lining would have sounded so sweet.
The best thing about that... on 16:29 - Feb 7 with 1040 viewsQPR_John

The best thing about that... on 23:04 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

You'll have to ask them!

I think the point being made is that anybody that is happy when QPR lose is de facto not a QPR fan and hence their views are really not worth getting upset about.
The best thing about that... on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 1017 viewsNorthantsHoop

For me the turning point was the Norwich away game on 29th December, we were unlucky not to win that game, also bizarrely the Luton match on 2 January must have given MW and coaching team a chance to change things. Not to be overlooked the arrival of Charlie has galvanised the team and I think BOS being moved on has helped both the morale and options. Johannson looks a good signing to bolster the midfield and is settling in nicely.
Yesterday's win was a brilliant hard won slog, following for me what was our best performance of the season at Watford.
The best thing about that... on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 963 viewsgigiisourgod

The best thing about that... on 16:38 - Feb 7 by NorthantsHoop

For me the turning point was the Norwich away game on 29th December, we were unlucky not to win that game, also bizarrely the Luton match on 2 January must have given MW and coaching team a chance to change things. Not to be overlooked the arrival of Charlie has galvanised the team and I think BOS being moved on has helped both the morale and options. Johannson looks a good signing to bolster the midfield and is settling in nicely.
Yesterday's win was a brilliant hard won slog, following for me what was our best performance of the season at Watford.

Team spirit does look stronger at the moment, felt a factor when we weren’t getting results. Guess a winning team is a happier team.
The best thing about that... on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 881 viewsbaz_qpr

The formation change + Austin have made the difference, worry a little bit about the lack of pace makes it harder to play our passing game, Johanson a very good signing too. Dieng is premiership bound, shoe in for POTS and that's our real problem, as soon as we get any foundation we lose it.
The best thing about that... on 15:49 - Feb 8 with 734 viewsthehat

I don't post often but do read most of the stuff on here - I guess I am probably guilty of posting more when things aren't going well - I guess that is out of frustration and being a lifelong fickle QPR fan.

Agree with Clive I enjoyed the win more on Saturday because it was a scrappy goal and an ugly win. Something we need to be doing more of in a 46 game Championship season.

We were far to tippy tappy earlier in the season - Nothing wrong with mixing it up and playing balls in the channels behind for runners and getting earlier crosses in the box for 2 strikers.

The change in formation has made a real difference.

Suddenly life is good again and I wish the bloody fortunes of this football club didn't effect my overall personal demeanour as much as it does......
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:52]
The best thing about that... on 19:29 - Feb 8 with 609 viewswestberksr

I think it's fair to say Clive that you are more emotionally invested than a lot of people on here & they are more reactive when we lose because of that. Ranters gonna rant; but i agree with your point about how quiet it can be!!

I try to avoid the moaning days and didn't see Saturday's match so prefer to soak up the comments, reports etc whilst being content in the knowledge that we actually won at home!!

I also get grief off the gf anyway for the time I do spend following QPR when we only get to see each other at weekends; she doesn't see the correlation with the fact that I never get to see QPR at the moment so should consider herself lucky!

I thought we'd peaked vs BRFC last year when Pommie was over and got to see the game, so I expected f'all from Saturday!!

chatted to a Rangers (Jocks) fan today and he asked about Warbs; agreeing that there doesn't always appear to be a Plan B and that at Rangers the fans are fickle beyond belief and turn on the team if they aren't 3 up after 10 minutes.

I think the BOS situation and the arrival of Charlie have helped/forced Warbs to come up with alternative plans. Charlie is never gonna play up top on his own as he doesn't have the legs for that and it's a waste of what he is good at. This also led to the 3-5 backline and that removes some of the defensive fragility of Kane and utilises his willingness to charge forwards.

Whilst BOS is a big loss it may have helped the overall team shape as has the injury to LTC (who'd been performing consistently) as it forced the arrival of Johansen who offers the thing that we lacked; another proponent of shithousery.

Hopefully this gives the likes of Willock, Bonne and others time to settle in without the pressure to produce all of the time and let them gradually build confidence.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 19:46]
The best thing about that... on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 475 viewsfrancisbowles

The best thing about that... on 19:29 - Feb 8 by westberksr

I think it's fair to say Clive that you are more emotionally invested than a lot of people on here & they are more reactive when we lose because of that. Ranters gonna rant; but i agree with your point about how quiet it can be!!

I try to avoid the moaning days and didn't see Saturday's match so prefer to soak up the comments, reports etc whilst being content in the knowledge that we actually won at home!!

I also get grief off the gf anyway for the time I do spend following QPR when we only get to see each other at weekends; she doesn't see the correlation with the fact that I never get to see QPR at the moment so should consider herself lucky!

I thought we'd peaked vs BRFC last year when Pommie was over and got to see the game, so I expected f'all from Saturday!!

chatted to a Rangers (Jocks) fan today and he asked about Warbs; agreeing that there doesn't always appear to be a Plan B and that at Rangers the fans are fickle beyond belief and turn on the team if they aren't 3 up after 10 minutes.

I think the BOS situation and the arrival of Charlie have helped/forced Warbs to come up with alternative plans. Charlie is never gonna play up top on his own as he doesn't have the legs for that and it's a waste of what he is good at. This also led to the 3-5 backline and that removes some of the defensive fragility of Kane and utilises his willingness to charge forwards.

Whilst BOS is a big loss it may have helped the overall team shape as has the injury to LTC (who'd been performing consistently) as it forced the arrival of Johansen who offers the thing that we lacked; another proponent of shithousery.

Hopefully this gives the likes of Willock, Bonne and others time to settle in without the pressure to produce all of the time and let them gradually build confidence.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 19:46]

It had got to the stage where I couldn't see where the next win was coming from.

I was undecided on the manager. I respect MW and didn't want him to go, didn't want to tear it all up and start again, but he is out of contract in the summer, the window was coming up and a decision had to be made.

Something had to change, either an injection of experience into the team, the manager or both. Otherwise, I could foresee a McClarenesque slide down the table, and we were already in a poorer position than when that near fatal run started.

We switched to the three at the back after the Wycombe game. We had a week on the training ground before the Swansea fixture. We stayed with it against Norwich and then had eleven days to prepare for Fulham. So three matches where we still hadn't managed to win but had creditable draws over 90 minutes in the latter two fixtures and were deserving of more in both. We had tried it without BOS, with him up front and with him at wingback.

Charlie arrived and we finally managed to put some icing on the cake, against Luton. The system had bedded in and with an extra injection of quality as well as enthusiasm and love for the club, the spirits were lifted. We had eight days before the Cardiff game and won again, then just three before Derby and lost with a bit of naivety. Then we benefitted from another ten days before Watford and then five before Blackburn and of course won both.

Now the real test starts. Still only five points clear of the bottom three, we face an inform Rotherham followed by probably ... .... etc, as well as midweek fixtures for the next FIVE consecutive weeks. This will test the squad to the limits and it is as well that we have had a couple of positive glimpses of Bettache and Thomas, some quality from Albert and Willock, Kane has improved Wallace has at last showed showed some form and we have Field and De Wijt still to come. The squad has been expanded and better utilised.

I am excited by what is to come, a real challenge. We will need luck with injuries and cards and suspensions. I hope we can cope with the schedule and any set backs.

Looking forward to it.
The best thing about that... on 13:19 - Feb 9 with 431 viewsted_hendrix

I was one of the blokes that wanted Warburton gone at the time make no bones about it, results and performances at the time warranted it at the time in my opinion.
I also posted after the Middlesbrough game my opinion that Warburton and his staff should be given a big 'up' for recent performances, it wasn't a condescending post by any means it was based on factual results.
Was I right to have wanted Warburton sacked back then? Am I right in assuming and kind of hoping that he'll be given a new contract in the not too distant future? I don't know and neither do you.

It's not me being a fickle football fan (bloody stupid phrase) It's me giving my opinion at the time and how I see it there and then and I wont be changing any time soon.

Not too sure that there's any need to raise the issue of posters not posting depending on results though, don't get that at all.

Skin Up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024