Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snow 17:22 - Feb 7 with 3825 viewsTGRRRSSS

Whilst it's very cold here, the snow ice and end of the world stuff promised hasnt materialised here in East Berks.

You got snow where you are?
Snow on 18:09 - Feb 7 with 2983 viewsloftboy

Only had brief flurries here in Watford

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Snow on 18:11 - Feb 7 with 2980 viewsstowmarketrange

It’s been snowing here to the east of Stowmarket since about 7am.Not a lot has come down,but what is here ain’t going away any time soon.The strong wind isn’t helping as it blowing it into drifts.
But who cares?I’m not at work until tomorrow night.
Snow on 18:22 - Feb 7 with 2935 viewsBoston

Snowing here, just outside Boston. My preferred type, huge big powdery flakes, settling immediately. Started a couple of hours ago and is predicted to come down at a steady pace for another 7/8 hours. Not sure what we're getting, somewhere between 4-6 inches, not really a problem in this neck of the woods.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Snow on 18:26 - Feb 7 with 2924 viewsMaggsinho

Been snowing most of the day (to the fury of the cat) in North London but only just now beginning to settle (to the fury of my son).
Snow on 18:44 - Feb 7 with 2882 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Nothing significant yet in West London, however the forecast isn't promising.
Snow on 19:00 - Feb 7 with 2824 viewsslmrstid

We've had a few small flakes coming down in Leicester today, but far too small and light to do anything.

BUT...supposedly we're due to get a lot overnight that will hang around tomorrow. Will wait and see when I open the curtains in the morning!
Snow on 19:05 - Feb 7 with 2792 views2Thomas2Bowles

All-day in SE1 but very fine and not settled.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Snow on 19:09 - Feb 7 with 2791 viewsjeffranger

Quite a bit in West Wickham & still falling but light snow now
Login to get fewer ads

Snow on 19:09 - Feb 7 with 2783 viewsbakerloo8

Been coming down here solidly for about 20mins in Newmarket. Due to be heavy till about 10am tomo.
Snow on 19:30 - Feb 7 with 2738 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Snow on 18:44 - Feb 7 by Benny_the_Ball

Nothing significant yet in West London, however the forecast isn't promising.

I just grabbed something from my balcony and there’s been a bit of a dusting in the last half hour. Otherwise it’s been snowing all day on and off but very fine flakes and not settling.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Snow on 19:40 - Feb 7 with 2699 viewskarl

Our first significant snow for 10yrs in Orkney, not a huge amount in towns but there has been roads temporarily closed this afternoon due to some drifting.
Think it will be with us most of the week by the sounds of it.
February is always when we traditionally get snow so could be on and off all month now its started, can be a pain but it does feel right having a proper winter instead of wind and rain for 5 months!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 19:41]
Snow on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 2593 viewsCLAREMAN1995

At least a foot here but worse still artic temps so getting around if not much fun.The outside temp was -7 Fahrenheit at dawn today and not climbing much .
Settling in to watch the SB in warm Tampa Bay later though
Snow on 20:49 - Feb 7 with 2579 viewsBoston

Snow on 19:40 - Feb 7 by karl

Our first significant snow for 10yrs in Orkney, not a huge amount in towns but there has been roads temporarily closed this afternoon due to some drifting.
Think it will be with us most of the week by the sounds of it.
February is always when we traditionally get snow so could be on and off all month now its started, can be a pain but it does feel right having a proper winter instead of wind and rain for 5 months!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 19:41]

Winter only lasts five moths in Orkney!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Snow on 21:12 - Feb 7 with 2538 viewskarl

Snow on 20:49 - Feb 7 by Boston

Winter only lasts five moths in Orkney!

We have 6 weeks either side where the rain is warm...
Snow on 22:12 - Feb 7 with 2447 viewsLoftgirl

Snow on 18:09 - Feb 7 by loftboy

Only had brief flurries here in Watford

None here in Brisbane.
Snow on 22:20 - Feb 7 with 2431 viewsdavman

Nowt in Winchester - is it coming?????

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Snow on 23:41 - Feb 7 with 2377 viewsstowmarketrange

An update from snowy Suffolk.We are now officially cut off due to the drifting snow,and the sky signal has gone so I won’t be able to watch the Super Bowl or the cricket,although I haven’t tried the sky go app yet.
Snow on 00:28 - Feb 8 with 2329 viewsjohncharles

It’s snowing here on the East coast of Scotland and .... nothing much really. Just enough to take some pretty pictures.

Strong and stable my arse.

Snow on 01:08 - Feb 8 with 2300 viewskensalriser

Snow on 21:12 - Feb 7 by karl

We have 6 weeks either side where the rain is warm...

Five months wind and rain, and then seven months rain and wind.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Snow on 09:06 - Feb 8 with 2161 viewshantssi

It’s just started here in South Hampshire.
The flakes (if I can call them that) are so feeble they’ve melted before they hit the ground!
Snow on 09:13 - Feb 8 with 2150 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A quarter of an inch tops.

I still cycled in in shorts. That wind down the Marylbone road was a bit Parky.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Snow on 10:19 - Feb 8 with 2102 viewsslmrstid

Overnight update in Lestah is that we've got a couple of inches overnight and its still coming down and is forecast to til tomorrow evening now, though whether it snows non-stop quite that long we'll see...
Snow on 12:37 - Feb 8 with 2013 viewsterryb

We have had more snow in Ipswich than i can recall for many a year. There is still a very light snow falling at the moment & by the forecats it will be Sunday before it starts to clear.

It's still nothing like the Chiltern Hills in 1963 though!
Snow on 12:40 - Feb 8 with 2005 viewswood_hoop

Snow on 23:41 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

An update from snowy Suffolk.We are now officially cut off due to the drifting snow,and the sky signal has gone so I won’t be able to watch the Super Bowl or the cricket,although I haven’t tried the sky go app yet.

I reside in snowy Suffolk as well, pretty heavy in my part overnight, my spaniel must have
Saint Bernard blood somewhere in her genes, bouncing round the garden happy as larry, buggered if I'm tying a brandy bottle round her neck though.
Snow on 13:07 - Feb 8 with 1964 viewsderbyhoop

Nothing here - 600miles south of London

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024