Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting my jab today 12:24 - Feb 10 with 16648 viewswelwynranger

Hope it's not the Oxford one.
Still haven't forgiven them for 1986.

Anyone else on here got one yet
Getting my jab today on 19:21 - Feb 14 with 1975 viewsBucksRanger

A question for all of you who have had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

I had the shot yesterday afternoon and have felt pretty rough ever since. However, my question is this, when I was given the shot the medical guy counted off 15 seconds before he took the needle out of my arm. The woman at the PC then confirmed that number.

So, have any of you gone through the same process or were these medics just experimenting on me?
Getting my jab today on 19:29 - Feb 14 with 2002 viewsSuperhoops2808

Getting my jab today on 13:33 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Turns out my mate was taken to the Doctors as a child because they thought he had asthma (he hasn’t) so it looks like he slipped in because of that.

Vaccine saturation has been impressive but I credit it that to the Nurses pulling 6 and 7 day weeks and not any other factor.

You are miles off the mark there mate... I know of half a dozen friends volunteering at the centres, the army and delivery drivers, the chemists, not to mention the whole of the NHS

And to a point some credit has to go to the government for ordering so much of the vaccines. You only need to look elsewhere around the world to see what a cluster other countries are making of this and their rollouts
Getting my jab today on 19:33 - Feb 14 with 1995 viewsqpr_1968

Getting my jab today on 19:21 - Feb 14 by BucksRanger

I had the shot yesterday afternoon and have felt pretty rough ever since. However, my question is this, when I was given the shot the medical guy counted off 15 seconds before he took the needle out of my arm. The woman at the PC then confirmed that number.

So, have any of you gone through the same process or were these medics just experimenting on me?

never happened to me......in, out, no counting

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Getting my jab today on 19:45 - Feb 14 with 1905 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting my jab today on 19:21 - Feb 14 by BucksRanger

I've had more injunctions than you could count, never had a needle ever been left in that long, makes no sense to me.

If you are worried about it, get in touch with your gp or health care group and ask them.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting my jab today on 20:15 - Feb 14 with 1854 viewsBucksRanger

Thanks 2T2B but I think I will be fine. The headache is subsiding for now so I feel sure the rest will follow. If not, I will be on to my GP tomorrow.
Getting my jab today on 20:21 - Feb 14 with 1837 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting my jab today on 20:15 - Feb 14 by BucksRanger

Thanks 2T2B but I think I will be fine. The headache is subsiding for now so I feel sure the rest will follow. If not, I will be on to my GP tomorrow.

Hope so mate.

Getting my jab today on 20:29 - Feb 14 with 1871 viewsShotKneesHoop

I had the Pfizer jab four weeks ago, absolute piece of piss, Dead easy, No after effects, apart from the positive result of 4 wins out of 5 games since the jab, so I'm looking forward to the second jab in a weeks time when we move into the play off afterwards.

9 in the family have now had one or the other jab - sore arm with the Oxford one the day after is the only mild complaint.

I would not hesitate to recommend having the jab of either sort, that means you are earlier back in the pub, that does it for me.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 20:30]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Getting my jab today on 21:35 - Feb 14 with 1815 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting my jab today on 19:29 - Feb 14 by Superhoops2808

You are miles off the mark there mate... I know of half a dozen friends volunteering at the centres, the army and delivery drivers, the chemists, not to mention the whole of the NHS

And to a point some credit has to go to the government for ordering so much of the vaccines. You only need to look elsewhere around the world to see what a cluster other countries are making of this and their rollouts

Agree with the first paragraph, if that wasn’t clear but nah, I’m not going to give any credit to a government with the 7th largest GDP at their disposal just for buying vaccines. It’s like giving credit to Elon Musk for outbidding a Big Issue seller.

Are our standards really that low and our Stockholm syndrome really that high that we need to give credit to a government for buying medicine?

Do me a favour.
Login to get fewer ads

Getting my jab today on 21:37 - Feb 14 with 1809 viewsBoston

Getting my jab today on 19:29 - Feb 14 by Superhoops2808

I live in Massachusetts, wife works in healthcare, Boston's medical stature has few equals around the globe, our Governor has previously been lauded when as CEO of a large health care provider, turning their service into the best in the nation....and we are bottom of the league for distributing this shot. Nobody seems to understand why, or maybe nobody wants to articulate why.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Getting my jab today on 21:55 - Feb 14 with 1761 viewsQPR_John

Getting my jab today on 21:35 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with the first paragraph, if that wasn’t clear but nah, I’m not going to give any credit to a government with the 7th largest GDP at their disposal just for buying vaccines. It’s like giving credit to Elon Musk for outbidding a Big Issue seller.

Are our standards really that low and our Stockholm syndrome really that high that we need to give credit to a government for buying medicine?

Do me a favour.

You'd be quick to criticise the government if there was a delay in giving vaccinations because of shortage. The government is not getting credit for simply buying the vaccine but for the speed with which they tied down the delivery and quantity. Criticise them as much as you want and there is much to criticise and I know it must stick in your throat but in this case they have come out on top of many other countries
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 22:13]
Getting my jab today on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 1739 viewsstevec

Do me a favour.

You’d do yourself a favour if you could put your politics aside for once and acknowledge that sometimes the other side do get something right.
Getting my jab today on 22:33 - Feb 14 with 1705 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting my jab today on 22:10 - Feb 14 by stevec

You’d do yourself a favour if you could put your politics aside for once and acknowledge that sometimes the other side do get something right.

Lads, I know we are desperate for competence, but genuinely, ordering medicine and outbidding Haiti for vaccines is a minimum requirement for any developed nation, especially when it’s putting out a fire that they failed to put out 11 Months ago.

Please, please know that they deserve no more credit for that than for keeping the lights on. Call me partisan if you like (true) but where is the lie?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 22:34]
Getting my jab today on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 1699 viewsKonk

Bazza, A lot of us have been looking at the number of deaths, hospitalisations, government actions etc, and contrasting them unfavourably with the outcomes in other countries. Looking at the number of people who have had their first jabs in the UK, our performance compares favourably with most other countries, so it seems only fair to me to acknowledge when the government have managed something well.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Getting my jab today on 22:40 - Feb 14 with 1694 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting my jab today on 22:37 - Feb 14 by Konk

Bazza, A lot of us have been looking at the number of deaths, hospitalisations, government actions etc, and contrasting them unfavourably with the outcomes in other countries. Looking at the number of people who have had their first jabs in the UK, our performance compares favourably with most other countries, so it seems only fair to me to acknowledge when the government have managed something well.

I suppose I would praise a Dog for shitting in the Garden after doing it in in the living room for 11 months so I’ll give praise in that spirit.
Getting my jab today on 00:29 - Feb 15 with 1625 viewsBoston

Getting my jab today on 22:40 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I suppose I would praise a Dog for shitting in the Garden after doing it in in the living room for 11 months so I’ll give praise in that spirit.

Stop digging.

Getting my jab today on 00:39 - Feb 15 with 1614 viewsBoston

Getting my jab today on 22:37 - Feb 14 by Konk

Much apologies old chap, battle scarred swollen fingers accidentally down buttoned.

Getting my jab today on 07:25 - Feb 15 with 1552 viewsSuperhoops2808

Do me a favour.

I am talking about other first world countries such as the EU... I didnt realise you had your head so stuck in the sand around things. Well I think its the sand
Getting my jab today on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 1515 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting my jab today on 07:25 - Feb 15 by Superhoops2808

I am talking about other first world countries such as the EU... I didnt realise you had your head so stuck in the sand around things. Well I think its the sand

I would imagine sand tastes better than boot leather to be honest.
Getting my jab today on 08:36 - Feb 15 with 1504 viewsstevec

Getting my jab today on 08:30 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I would imagine sand tastes better than boot leather to be honest.

Good nights sleep?
Getting my jab today on 08:48 - Feb 15 with 1494 viewsHAYESBOY

Had the Oxford vaccine yesterday and have felt rough all night. Feeling better this morning. Not shivering anymore.
Was a little worried but i am informed it isn't uncommon.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Getting my jab today on 09:17 - Feb 15 with 1450 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting my jab today on 08:48 - Feb 15 by HAYESBOY

Had the Oxford vaccine yesterday and have felt rough all night. Feeling better this morning. Not shivering anymore.
Was a little worried but i am informed it isn't uncommon.

Also had a poor night, body was warm but had chills, awake every couple of hours, still have a mild headache.

Getting my jab today on 12:37 - Feb 15 with 1366 viewsBucksRanger

Getting my jab today on 09:17 - Feb 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Also had a poor night, body was warm but had chills, awake every couple of hours, still have a mild headache.

Opposite for me. Second day now where I've slept for 12+ hours. Only been up half an hour. The headache is still there but not as bad as it was and the hot/cold sweats/chills have gone. My arm is still very tender though.
Getting my jab today on 13:23 - Feb 15 with 1323 viewsdolcelatte

Getting my jab today on 12:37 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

Opposite for me. Second day now where I've slept for 12+ hours. Only been up half an hour. The headache is still there but not as bad as it was and the hot/cold sweats/chills have gone. My arm is still very tender though.

I was rough for 4 days. All ok now though - can't wait for round 2!

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Getting my jab today on 13:55 - Feb 15 with 1280 viewsDWQPR

Getting my jab today on 22:40 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes of course, had we had Sir Starmer in as PM at this time we would have been in with the EU vaccine buying policy and at this moment at best had a vaccination rate of around 3% of the population and seeing a greater amount of deaths for longer. Yep, I will agree that the government has made quite a few poor choices over the last year but none with any intention of killing people, but they stuck their necks out when the likes of the EU didn't, put together the Oxford/AZ collaboration, invested and the population is now reaping the benefits. Across the channel, the French are suffering with anti-vaxers and a lack of vaccine availability, the Germans have been considering ordering from Russia for a vaccine that has a lower than 3% take up in Russia yet, being available since last Autumn without phase 3 testing, the former Soviet-bloc nations in the EU are now ordering the same vaccine and suffering huge amounts of deaths and to cap it all, Macron has slagged off the Oxford vaccine and the Germans are also deciding to not administer it to over 65's because of a so called lack of testing and yet they cosy up to Putin's offering. Yep, I think Boris has actually done the vaccine job a hell of a lot better than most and definitely better than Sir Starmer would have done. And it is also about time that Drakeford and Wee Jimmy Krankie start acknowledging that their own vaccine programmes are so far advanced because of the actions of the UK government.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Getting my jab today on 14:27 - Feb 15 with 1237 viewsBlue_Castello

Had the Pfizer jab last Thursday at the same place as Pinner P, we are in Uxbridge, it's a lottery which one you get as my brother went to the same place and got the Oxford one. I am 66 but I think I got pushed up the list, my wife's vulnerable on chemotherapy and I registered as her carer with my doctors, I've also had asthma for a long time but very much under control.
No real side effects to speak of just the usual sore arm and a bit of minor cold symptoms, the main side effect was seeing Brentford loose to Barnsley just our luck though they will want to make amends on Wednesday, at least I think we have a slim chance this time.....
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 15:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024