Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelly 21:28 - Feb 10 with 3225 viewsGloucs_R

Getting rave reviews up in Scotland and Well fans are saying he should be in the Scotland squad.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kelly on 21:55 - Feb 10 with 3122 viewsFrankRightguard

I assume forwards in Scotland don’t shoot into the corners of the net
Kelly on 22:31 - Feb 10 with 3003 viewsBoston

Kelly on 21:55 - Feb 10 by FrankRightguard

I assume forwards in Scotland don’t shoot into the corners of the net

Not when they're playing for us anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kelly on 23:21 - Feb 10 with 2878 viewsMyke

That's his level. It was only a small punt. Hope he gets fixed up there and no harm done.
Kelly on 03:39 - Feb 11 with 2724 viewstimcocking

He didn't really get that long at (Queen's Park) Rangers to prove himself. Yes, he did poorly, but it was a pretty small sample size in a difficult period. Might be premature to be writing him off just yet.

Although, we've got the best 'keeper around.
Kelly on 07:02 - Feb 11 with 2629 viewsnix

Pleased for him. Seemed like a nice guy and always did his best. Not quite what we needed and the best thing all round was for him to leave. Having a keeper like Dieng and Smithies who mop up so many balls that other keepers we've had didn't makes your centre halves look so much better. Given the number of freekicks that teams in the Championship manage to get against us, we need a goalkeeper that will regularly claim balls in and around the six yard box and the occasional high ball further out. It takes so much pressure off our centre halves.

Hopefully he'll go in the summer and everyone will be happy. Wish him well.
Kelly on 07:56 - Feb 11 with 2555 viewsGloucs_R

Did he do that badly with us? He was average but I don't recall him being consistently awful.

Never impressed me with his ability to claim a cross and lacks any physical presence. Was ok a shot stopping.

Wouldnt be surprised if he's back and number 1 next season, when Dieng goes.

Kelly on 08:04 - Feb 11 with 2526 viewsnix

Kelly on 07:56 - Feb 11 by Gloucs_R

Did he do that badly with us? He was average but I don't recall him being consistently awful.

Never impressed me with his ability to claim a cross and lacks any physical presence. Was ok a shot stopping.

Wouldnt be surprised if he's back and number 1 next season, when Dieng goes.

Definitely wasn't awful but in my view not good enough for the Championship where you need to be better than just a decent shot stopper. It was the lack of physical presence and the inability to claim crosses that were the problems.

I'd be surprised if he's back as number 1 next season. I don't think we can afford to let Seny go for another season at least unless we've identified someone else who can hit the ground running in the next six months. The number of points he's saved us so far this season could be the difference between staying up and relegation. We'd have to sell him for an awful lot to make up for that.
Kelly on 09:01 - Feb 11 with 2439 viewsMedwayR

He wasn't awful and was a welcome relief from Lumley throwing the ball into his goal every other week, but he wasn't any better than average either. Depending on the situation with other GK's I think he'll stay as cover unless we get an offer and have a replacement lined up. It's good to see him playing and doing well, beneficial for us and him.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Kelly on 09:48 - Feb 11 with 2334 viewsW7Ranger

Whatever happens to Kelly in the future (whether it be with us or not), he will be very fondly for that Pen save v Leeds last season!!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 9:53]
Kelly on 09:56 - Feb 11 with 2311 viewsMyke

Isn't his contract up at the end of the season or did we have an option on another year?
Kelly on 10:26 - Feb 11 with 2259 viewsMedwayR

Kelly on 09:56 - Feb 11 by Myke

Isn't his contract up at the end of the season or did we have an option on another year?

He signed a 4-year contract until 2023.

Kelly on 10:55 - Feb 11 with 2187 viewsfrancisbowles

If we sell him we should make a decent profit. Has always been highly thought of in Scotland.

If we haven't had an offer we can't refuse for Seny, then he won't want another season of sitting on the bench, so it's sell or loan out again and then review the goalkeeper situation in 2022
Kelly on 11:57 - Feb 11 with 2099 viewsGloucs_R

Kelly on 09:56 - Feb 11 by Myke

I think you are getting confused with Barnes who is on loan at Burton but only warming the bench and hasn't played yet.

Kelly on 12:23 - Feb 11 with 2050 viewskarl

Kelly on 10:55 - Feb 11 by francisbowles

If we sell him we should make a decent profit. Has always been highly thought of in Scotland.

If we haven't had an offer we can't refuse for Seny, then he won't want another season of sitting on the bench, so it's sell or loan out again and then review the goalkeeper situation in 2022

I can't see a Scottish team spending money on him tbh. Outside the Old Firm generally fees are only paid for young potential and that's basically Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who aren't really in the market for a keeper imo.
As Nix said I think he's an average keeper predominantly because of his problems clearing crosses, I think this is a height issue and isn't so obvious in Scotland as the teams aren't so big and powerful as in the Championship.
If we're going to get a fee I've a feeling it will be a reasonable Lge1 club I think, I've a feeling it will more likely be to stay as back up or a free transfer tbh.

I haven't seen him at Motherwell yet but doing very well so should hopefully get him off the books without a payoff.
I've a feeling when Seny goes for big bucks we'll reinvest in a decent quality replacement while developing the 18yr old we signed recently (forgotten his name!).
I had high hopes Kelly would step up and grow into being the next Scotland keeper, when Seny played at Dundee Kelly was well ahead in terms of development, Seny has left him behind for sure.
Kelly on 14:37 - Feb 11 with 1908 viewsfrancisbowles

Kelly on 11:57 - Feb 11 by Gloucs_R

I think you are getting confused with Barnes who is on loan at Burton but only warming the bench and hasn't played yet.

Lumley also in his last year.
Kelly on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 1847 viewsMyke

Kelly on 10:26 - Feb 11 by MedwayR

He signed a 4-year contract until 2023.

You sure? Thought we signed him on a two year deal, did he sign an extension?
Kelly on 17:07 - Feb 11 with 1778 viewsMedwayR

Kelly on 15:23 - Feb 11 by Myke

You sure? Thought we signed him on a two year deal, did he sign an extension?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/liam-kelly-joins-qpr/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024