Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton v Fulham 21:06 - Feb 14 with 2661 viewsCamberleyR

Fulham finally win a league game at Goodison Park for the first time in their history. Broken a run of 22 consecutive league defeats there stretching back to 1959!

[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 21:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Everton v Fulham on 21:54 - Feb 14 with 2575 viewseghamranger

Didn’t see it... but they would never had won that on paper.

Couldn’t see Man Utd only getting a draw today too.

Fulham aren’t out of it yet and that result will do their confidence the world of good
Everton v Fulham on 21:56 - Feb 14 with 2565 viewsKonk

I know it wouldn't normally happen, but after 22 losses on the bounce at Goodison, at the very least I expect to see Scott Parker and the players knighted. A massive fu cking trophy would be a nice touch too. Maybe someone will write a musical about it? Maybe I'll write a musical about it?

Everton were poor, but we played really well, and fully deserved the win. We've generally been playing pretty well for a few months, so nice to finally get another win. Need something at Burnley now. COYW.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Everton v Fulham on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 2521 viewsdistortR

Everton v Fulham on 21:56 - Feb 14 by Konk

I know it wouldn't normally happen, but after 22 losses on the bounce at Goodison, at the very least I expect to see Scott Parker and the players knighted. A massive fu cking trophy would be a nice touch too. Maybe someone will write a musical about it? Maybe I'll write a musical about it?

Everton were poor, but we played really well, and fully deserved the win. We've generally been playing pretty well for a few months, so nice to finally get another win. Need something at Burnley now. COYW.

Joshamaja!
Everton v Fulham on 22:16 - Feb 14 with 2499 viewsDannyPaddox

Great performance Fulham ... never sat back after scoring. I watched the game while playing a pub quiz down the phone shouting updates in the manner of Brian O’Hanrahanran. Goal at Goodison! Goal at Goodison! Pleased for you Konk and shame you weren’t there. When we won at Forest it was very special. Hope you can get a run together and sink Crippled Alice or the Barcodes.
Everton v Fulham on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 2477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done, Konk. Very happy for you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton v Fulham on 22:30 - Feb 14 with 2470 viewsMyke

Definitely Fulham the only one of bottom three likely to survive. Watched them at WBA a couple of weeks ago and should have been 5 up at half-time, then they nearly lost the bloody thing in the 2nd half. While beating Everton is a nice boost, the real key to survival id beating those 'in the mix', so they deffo need to beat Burnely
Everton v Fulham on 01:01 - Feb 15 with 2371 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Everton v Fulham on 22:10 - Feb 14 by distortR

Joshamaja!

Does anybody remember Maja when he was a raw recruit at Sunderland Till I die now he has reached the top level and getting his first 2 PL goals.
Fulham looked amazing and were miles ahead of Everton who took off Coleman who was their best player IMO.
Fulham can catch the group above them if they play like that going forward
Everton v Fulham on 05:12 - Feb 15 with 2299 viewsnix

Looks like the first signs of hope for Fulham. Those above you must be getting nervous. Pleased for you Konk.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton v Fulham on 07:20 - Feb 15 with 2221 viewsRs_Holy

Thought all season fulham would stay up... I think barring injuries to key players they will do it.
Everton v Fulham on 07:51 - Feb 15 with 2158 viewsstevec

Everton v Fulham on 01:01 - Feb 15 by CLAREMAN1995

Does anybody remember Maja when he was a raw recruit at Sunderland Till I die now he has reached the top level and getting his first 2 PL goals.
Fulham looked amazing and were miles ahead of Everton who took off Coleman who was their best player IMO.
Fulham can catch the group above them if they play like that going forward

Is he the son of John?
Everton v Fulham on 08:46 - Feb 15 with 2076 viewsWatford_Ranger

Burnley, Sheff U and Palace next for Fulham. Definitely got a chance of putting a big dent in that gap.

Newcastle on the last day. Tasty.
Everton v Fulham on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 2037 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace got a couple of vital wins in a row a few weeks back but have looked terrible since. I thought WBA with Big Sam may have picked up and Sheff Utd have been in decent form but it still looks very hard for the bottom 3. A couple of wins for Fulhame could suck Palace and Newcastle in though. Would certainly make it interesting as the top looks sorted now.
Everton v Fulham on 10:08 - Feb 15 with 1955 viewsstevec

Don’t want to be the only west London club outside the top division, that has literally never happened in mine or probably anyone else’s lifetime.
Everton v Fulham on 10:28 - Feb 15 with 1920 viewsRs_Holy

Everton v Fulham on 10:08 - Feb 15 by stevec

Don’t want to be the only west London club outside the top division, that has literally never happened in mine or probably anyone else’s lifetime.

yeah but none of our near neighbours are actually West London (South West London, and Middlesex)... QPR are the only actual West London pro club.
Everton v Fulham on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 1883 viewsstevec

Everton v Fulham on 10:28 - Feb 15 by Rs_Holy

yeah but none of our near neighbours are actually West London (South West London, and Middlesex)... QPR are the only actual West London pro club.

True, but it doesn’t make me feel any better!

Growing up, you’d probably agree, if you were a west Londoner it was always a league of four.
Everton v Fulham on 11:28 - Feb 15 with 1846 viewsJuzzie

Everton v Fulham on 22:30 - Feb 14 by Myke

Definitely Fulham the only one of bottom three likely to survive. Watched them at WBA a couple of weeks ago and should have been 5 up at half-time, then they nearly lost the bloody thing in the 2nd half. While beating Everton is a nice boost, the real key to survival id beating those 'in the mix', so they deffo need to beat Burnely

Yeah, we found out ourselves that whilst it was great beating Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea (especially that one!) etc. our inability to get results against Bolton, Wolves, Norwich, Blackburn etc nearly cost us. Still, we redeemed ourselves by going down the following season.
Everton v Fulham on 11:32 - Feb 15 with 1835 viewsrsonist

Would be a shame if they've given themselves too much to do because there's the makings of a nice side there now. Have to give credit to the shift in recruitment after the fiasco last time - they must have signed every young Anglo-Nigerian going and I like them all.
Everton v Fulham on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 1765 viewsdannyblue

Apart from Eze, BOS, Shodipo and Oteh
Everton v Fulham on 12:12 - Feb 15 with 1741 viewsstowmarketrange

Everton v Fulham on 10:08 - Feb 15 by stevec

There are only 2 of the 4 clubs in the west of London that have won a major trophy at Wembley.
Assuming the London wartime cup or the 5a side cup doesn’t count.
Everton v Fulham on 12:34 - Feb 15 with 1709 viewsDannyPaddox

Everton v Fulham on 12:12 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

There are only 2 of the 4 clubs in the west of London that have won a major trophy at Wembley.
Assuming the London wartime cup or the 5a side cup doesn’t count.

To be fair Brentford have the most Play-Off Final wins with 4.

Oh sorry did I say wins? I mean losses ...

Everton v Fulham on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 1677 viewsrsonist

Everton v Fulham on 12:03 - Feb 15 by dannyblue

Apart from Eze, BOS, Shodipo and Oteh

And many others at many other clubs, but not half a side in one go was my point.
Everton v Fulham on 21:57 - Feb 15 with 1497 viewsKonk

Cheers, Brian, Danny and Nix!

It's been a weird couple of years - got promoted last year without looking like a promotion side most of the time, and since we finally got around to signing some players this season, we've not often looked like a side heading for relegation. The defence is generally sound, and most games we create a few chances, but we never managed to sign a PL quality CF, and Mitro has been out of form since football came back after the first lockdown. We don't concede a lot of goals, but we've really struggled to put our chances away, and hence we're where we are. Doing late business in the Summer means we effectively tossed away points in the opening games - we do the same thing every year.

Other than in a couple of matches, we've been competitive against everyone in the last 14 or so games, and Maja's movement, anticipation and speed against Everton, made a huge difference. I think we have a chance if we can get 5+ points from the games against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Palace. It's a long shot at the moment, but I would back us if it comes down to us or Newcastle at the Cottage on the final day. We're not a bad side.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 21:58]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Everton v Fulham on 23:52 - Feb 15 with 1414 viewsdaveB

Everton v Fulham on 21:57 - Feb 15 by Konk

Cheers, Brian, Danny and Nix!

It's been a weird couple of years - got promoted last year without looking like a promotion side most of the time, and since we finally got around to signing some players this season, we've not often looked like a side heading for relegation. The defence is generally sound, and most games we create a few chances, but we never managed to sign a PL quality CF, and Mitro has been out of form since football came back after the first lockdown. We don't concede a lot of goals, but we've really struggled to put our chances away, and hence we're where we are. Doing late business in the Summer means we effectively tossed away points in the opening games - we do the same thing every year.

Other than in a couple of matches, we've been competitive against everyone in the last 14 or so games, and Maja's movement, anticipation and speed against Everton, made a huge difference. I think we have a chance if we can get 5+ points from the games against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Palace. It's a long shot at the moment, but I would back us if it comes down to us or Newcastle at the Cottage on the final day. We're not a bad side.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 21:58]

I hope you stay up, would love to see Newcastle come down again and do a Leeds dropping down the divisions
Everton v Fulham on 08:41 - Feb 16 with 1299 viewsbosh67

I hope they stay up for Konk's sake. He's a good lad and although he's a 'Tarquin' he's a good friend of the board and club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Everton v Fulham on 09:03 - Feb 16 with 1282 viewslondonscottish

Everton v Fulham on 21:56 - Feb 14 by Konk

One of my mates is Fulham and our conversations have been quite similar over the season - both teams playing well for large parts of the game but just not quite able to put their chances away and being done by the odd goal.

If you look at the Fulham results there are a lot of tight results in there - plenty of draws and plenty of losses by just one goal.

Fulham don't need to move the dial that much to make a real difference.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024