Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Ball : Club legend 20:24 - Feb 21 with 8173 viewsT_Block

My man of the match yesterday.I thought he was very good in a team that is getting tired.
Tick in the for column.
Can pass like an Arse then like Faurlin-better than most think.
I would really like to know how flashy he is in training
Pushing Todd Kane for club legend
One to enjoy yesterday....
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 20:31 - Feb 21 with 3984 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good point about him finishing games strongly.

Personally, when I heard Nick London say that we had three subs lined up I thought that the three to come off would be from Ball, Johansen, Austin and Dykes. Ball had lost possession far too many times, I thought. Then I remembered that Clive had rightly pointed out that Ball finishes games strongly. I think that's what saved him. From there on in he played well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 20:41 - Feb 21 with 3938 viewsT_Block

Defensively he is important and so will always start.Covers the spaces left by the wing-backs,

watch his movement

Can break the lines with his drives which is great.

I know carded a lot,but tactical fouls are important.

Have you noticed how we are alternating them at the moment.(like man city)

He is also only two years older than Chair..........
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 20:48 - Feb 21 with 3915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 20:41 - Feb 21 by T_Block

Defensively he is important and so will always start.Covers the spaces left by the wing-backs,

watch his movement

Can break the lines with his drives which is great.

I know carded a lot,but tactical fouls are important.

Have you noticed how we are alternating them at the moment.(like man city)

He is also only two years older than Chair..........

I like him, sorry if it seemed like I was knocking him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:01 - Feb 21 with 3870 viewsrsonist

An odd one, but lovable. Goes from lumpen hindrance to surprisingly silky vital cog (kind of like Rodri at City) and back just like that - for sheer quixotic eccentricity he's the Ball in Warbsball. Should be South American or African really.

Interesting that we've never seen much of the positional versatility advertised when he signed (pretty sure MW is the only manager he's had that's seen a midfielder in him in fact?). Might've reasonably assumed there was a long term plan for him to take over Cameron's role eventually, especially with Field now in, but I'm not sure he's ever even understudied it here so maybe not.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:22 - Feb 21 with 3807 viewsRBlock

I absolutely love the guy. So much effort and energy, that constantly crosses the line into bumbling uneccesary fouls. Wildly inconsistent passing, but a first touch that opens up his body everytime and sets him for the drives forward. Sometimes starts the counters, sometimes a liability, giving the ball away in midfield and putting us under pressure. When he's on it though he's quality, and for me he's a proper cult hero. Shades of Samba Diakite to him, for better and for worse.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:25 - Feb 21 with 3794 viewsRBlock

Plus we'll always have Cardiff at home, and getting soaked in Clive's Peroni when that went in
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:39 - Feb 21 with 3737 viewsMyke

Gotta love him. He is the quintessential QPR player. Sublime and ridiculous (often in the same movement)
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 3719 viewsT_Block

Agree with the point about a decent first touch.

He could be come very good.

How many first team starts has he had in his career? 100?

Contract is up in July
Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:48 - Feb 21 with 3707 viewsOldPedro

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:44 - Feb 21 by T_Block

Contract is up in July

I wonder if we've got an option to extend by a year - club seem to put this clause in all player contracts now

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 3636 viewsngbqpr

Contract is up in July

Thought he was one of the ones extended in the summer?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 3636 viewsPhilmyRs

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:48 - Feb 21 by OldPedro

I wonder if we've got an option to extend by a year - club seem to put this clause in all player contracts now

Agree about Ball finishing games strongly but MOTM...not for me. What I will say is that I didn’t realise how effective he can be when teams are getting a bit leggy and he drives through the middle of the park. Reminds me a bit of Declan Rice this season in that respect, another player I didn’t realise had this side to their game. I like him but his touch and decision making holds him back at times but he works his backside off and I like his attitude so fair play to him.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 22:38 - Feb 21 with 3560 viewsdannyblue

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 21:22 - Feb 21 by RBlock

I absolutely love the guy. So much effort and energy, that constantly crosses the line into bumbling uneccesary fouls. Wildly inconsistent passing, but a first touch that opens up his body everytime and sets him for the drives forward. Sometimes starts the counters, sometimes a liability, giving the ball away in midfield and putting us under pressure. When he's on it though he's quality, and for me he's a proper cult hero. Shades of Samba Diakite to him, for better and for worse.

My thoughts precisely
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 23:15 - Feb 21 with 3500 viewsParkRoyalR

Really like the lad, proper pro, plays for the shirt, not without ability, but if he could pass into someone's stride rather than a yard behind them so they have to check back + collect, he'd be some player!
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 08:35 - Feb 22 with 3345 viewsgazza1

Limited technically but a fantastic team member and player, works his socks off, wants to win and someone who must be a proper pain in the bum for the opposition. Great addition to the team.

Legend....not sure about that but I'm sum that!!
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:13 - Feb 22 with 3284 viewsbosh67

He reminds me a bit of Eric Dyer. Similar head up robust playing style.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:41 - Feb 22 with 3248 viewsgazza1

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:13 - Feb 22 by bosh67

He reminds me a bit of Eric Dyer. Similar head up robust playing style.

yes.....must be tough to play against.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:54 - Feb 22 with 3219 viewssimmo

Dom Ball isn't very good. He often struggles with the more polished basics - passes at the wrong weight and onto the wrong side of a team mate, he let's the ball run across him, misjudges the speed and then ends up having to chase after it (my personal favourite) and when the opposition play at pace he's unable to keep up, thrashing around in the middle and inevitably fouling/getting booked.

But what do you want from a 'limited' player for QPR?
- You want them to work their nuts off so that even if all of those things are true, they are at the very least nuisance value.
- You want them to be selfless, so when their pals are gambling and end up out of position, they fill the gap and track the runners.
- You want them to be aware of their limitations, so when the chance comes to use the ball they're looking for those more capable to make things happen.
- You want them to train well and be fit, so that they're always available for selection and later in games, can use their stamina to readdress the imbalance against superior opposition.

Ball does all of this and the fact his bumbling, tazmanian devil stylings occasionally lead to a shoulder drop, step over, drive through the pitch and lay off for a chance for someone to score, make him a very QPR type of player. A fan that's won a short term contract in a raffle and is doing all they can.

Sometimes I wish we had better players so we didn't have to use him every week, but mostly I'm glad we're still enough of the 'sh*t but local' QPR to appreciate a man like Dom Ball.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 10:01 - Feb 22 with 3201 viewsPinnerPaul

Contract is up in July

Good guess - 150 according to Wiki.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 3193 viewsPinnerPaul

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 09:54 - Feb 22 by simmo

Dom Ball isn't very good. He often struggles with the more polished basics - passes at the wrong weight and onto the wrong side of a team mate, he let's the ball run across him, misjudges the speed and then ends up having to chase after it (my personal favourite) and when the opposition play at pace he's unable to keep up, thrashing around in the middle and inevitably fouling/getting booked.

- You want them to work their nuts off so that even if all of those things are true, they are at the very least nuisance value.
- You want them to be selfless, so when their pals are gambling and end up out of position, they fill the gap and track the runners.
- You want them to be aware of their limitations, so when the chance comes to use the ball they're looking for those more capable to make things happen.
- You want them to train well and be fit, so that they're always available for selection and later in games, can use their stamina to readdress the imbalance against superior opposition.

Ball does all of this and the fact his bumbling, tazmanian devil stylings occasionally lead to a shoulder drop, step over, drive through the pitch and lay off for a chance for someone to score, make him a very QPR type of player. A fan that's won a short term contract in a raffle and is doing all they can.

Sometimes I wish we had better players so we didn't have to use him every week, but mostly I'm glad we're still enough of the 'sh*t but local' QPR to appreciate a man like Dom Ball.

I think Field will be that 'better' player - going to be a star I think.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 11:36 - Feb 22 with 3136 viewssimmo

I hope so Pinner, but I think that depends exclusively on fitness. As I mention in my post another thing Ball has going for him is his durability, he's always available in any position.

Fingers crossed Field has fully recovered and goes on to be reliable, but so often players like that are always unable to play full seasons. George Thomas looks another one...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 11:55 - Feb 22 with 3108 viewshantssi

Simmo, I think you’ve just described Mick Leach!
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 12:04 - Feb 22 with 3087 viewsderbyhoop

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 11:55 - Feb 22 by hantssi

Simmo, I think you’ve just described Mick Leach!

Or Ian Holloway
or
Simon Barker

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dominic Ball : Club legend on 12:12 - Feb 22 with 3063 viewsGeoff78

Agree with most of this. Until we can go full Barçaball (although that's not wearing well at the moment) I can settle for Dom. I made him MotM a couple of games ago. He's one of those players whose errors get more attention than his positive play. He has certainly provided energy to our midfield on more than one occasion when others have looked tired or apathetic. His passing isn't worse than a number of other players.

Will be interesting to see how Field fits in longer term. People say he's got much more talent than all of our regular midfield, but I think he may be another Wells/Hugill loanee, who after a decent half season with us is priced out of our range.
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 12:46 - Feb 22 with 3009 viewsessextaxiboy

I agree with all of this , cant fault his attitude and commitment but he doesnt get a start if Johannson Field and LTC are match fit IMO .
Dominic Ball : Club legend on 13:40 - Feb 22 with 2944 viewsDavieQPR

I presume the legend reference was an attempt at a wind up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024