Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston had some answers 23:25 - Feb 24 with 2375 viewsT_Block

Initial impressions

Dykes did everything correct their keeper just made a good save.That goes in we win

Preston pressed Rangers welli such that we could not get out at times.
Their tactic of lots of men high caused us problems,Dickie caught on the ball.
Was it because we were tired and passed slowly ?,maybe
was it a tactic that would have worked last week.Passing was off the boil so probably mental tiredness.I would say that basically we didi not win because we did not have enough possession and without that did not get the chance to create opportunities

Apparently their defence is suspect.

Not against crosses where we have not worked out how to give Dykes or Austin anything with their defence set for crosses.Crosses have to be exact to create something and they were not.I watched Athletico Madrid use six defenders in a line )ie no space) and i felt it was like that for Dykes and austin,They looked outnumbered.Preston had four in a line

Crossing is a dieing art at the top level.It only really works if pace has caused opposition to turn and run at pace to defend towards their own goal ,eg Kanes goal v Bournemouth.Against a set defence I think we are better off varying it a lot like the Dykes chance

Warburton appears to know that,Not sure the Team had an alternative in their heads.Still point up North is worth a lot
Preston had some answers on 23:46 - Feb 24 with 2281 viewsdaveB

I was quite impressed with Preston first half, they blocked the space in front of the back 4 well so Chair was never in the game and they had a threat going forward. Ben Whiteman looked a good player for them.

We were a lot better start of the second half which stopped then for throwing too many forward as we had more of a threat.
Preston had some answers on 23:49 - Feb 24 with 2267 viewsnix

One thing to remember is we've gained eleven points on them since 9th January. There's still a way to go to get consistency, but I'm not surprised we're a bit mentally tired.
Preston had some answers on 00:15 - Feb 25 with 2185 viewsTrom

Well, we've had the fewest games hence being back 2/3 games on most teams, so this isn't going to get better. I was surprised that we used so few subs, especially since we really seem to have some great options. Albert seems criminally underused given he seems to play well in every cameo.
Preston had some answers on 00:32 - Feb 25 with 2140 viewsqpr1976

Up North, Midweek & in the p1ssing rain has never been a good place for us.

Biggest disappointment for me, was Kane in their half, who, as I recall, in approx. 20+ attempts failed to find another red shirt. The Sky commentators knew it and, to be fair, he knew it. A shame as he’d assisted brilliantly in both goals v Brentford & scored the winner Saturday. Hopefully, a blip.
Preston had some answers on 06:42 - Feb 25 with 1893 viewsMalintabuk

I guess it is very tempting for a manager to stick with a winning team and I'm sure as a player while you are winning you want to play, but we looked very tired last night
But still think we had the best of the chances and IMO Dykes should have scored at least one of those chances. It really is not happening for that lad.
By and large I think a well fought point is fair though PNE looked the better team. Onwards to Brum on Saturday. Another hard game that.
Preston had some answers on 12:09 - Feb 25 with 1325 viewsMick_S

Preston had some answers on 06:42 - Feb 25 by Malintabuk

I guess it is very tempting for a manager to stick with a winning team and I'm sure as a player while you are winning you want to play, but we looked very tired last night
But still think we had the best of the chances and IMO Dykes should have scored at least one of those chances. It really is not happening for that lad.
By and large I think a well fought point is fair though PNE looked the better team. Onwards to Brum on Saturday. Another hard game that.

Dear Lord. Please don't let Karanka get the sack before Saturday. Ta.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Preston had some answers on 12:27 - Feb 25 with 1286 viewsnix

Preston had some answers on 12:09 - Feb 25 by Mick_S

Dear Lord. Please don't let Karanka get the sack before Saturday. Ta.

Isn't it the law these days that we put the nail in the coffin of failing managers? I don't mind if you lose to Norwich, Millwall, Luton, Bournemouth or Preston, but if you lose to QPR, then you're finished!
Preston had some answers on 12:39 - Feb 25 with 1240 viewsMick_S

Preston had some answers on 12:27 - Feb 25 by nix

Isn't it the law these days that we put the nail in the coffin of failing managers? I don't mind if you lose to Norwich, Millwall, Luton, Bournemouth or Preston, but if you lose to QPR, then you're finished!

I wouldn't wish it on the bloke, nix, but he is a bit of a footballing anti - Christ.* If we win on Saturday, if he's not already in the deep stuff, he will be.

*Maybe a bit harsh.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Preston had some answers on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 1206 viewsjohncharles

Maybe the biggest factor was the weather. Well done both teams for making a decent game of it but it was pouring well before the kick off and continued through the match and way into the night.
I’m happy with a point

Strong and stable my arse.

Preston had some answers on 13:54 - Feb 25 with 1067 viewsqpr1976

Not sure their keeper knew much about Dykes early effort. He was looking the other way as the ball hit his leg !!
Preston had some answers on 14:00 - Feb 25 with 1044 viewsBoston

Preston had some answers on 13:54 - Feb 25 by qpr1976

Not sure their keeper knew much about Dykes early effort. He was looking the other way as the ball hit his leg !!

He did what a keeper is supposed to do in that situation, spread yourself. He did and he got lucky.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Preston had some answers on 14:19 - Feb 25 with 981 viewsextratimeR

Very good points T block
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024