Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview 11:10 - Mar 2 with 3838 viewsNorthernr

Five in a row for flying Tykes - Interview 2nd Mar 2021 11:09
Barnsley have gone from relegation candidates to play-off contenders and arrive at Loftus Road on Wednesday on a run of five straight wins. We spoke to Joe Beardsall from the Red All Over podcast and Oakwell regular @BFC_Luke about how they’ve done it. 2

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 13:50 - Mar 2 with 3715 viewsR_from_afar

Great insight, many thanks, but now I am scared

The subject of the much-discussed high press comes up and the Barnsley chaps suggest that one way to counter it is to have quick players get in behind the press.

Now they have let that slip, they will probably play the invisible man at sweeper

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 14:05 - Mar 2 with 3701 viewssimmo

A good team in-form with Woolmer as ref. FML.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 14:08 - Mar 2 with 3697 viewsAntti_Heinola

i can feel the heat of Wednesday night's meltdown already and it's still Tuesday.

Bare bones.

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 14:25 - Mar 2 with 3667 viewsenfieldargh

Well if you notice until the mighty R's visited Oakwell Barnsley hadn't won any of the opening games.

I'll be amazed if we beat this lot, they don't carry passengers, sadly we do plus they've got Clive's favourite player in their line up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 15:47 - Mar 2 with 3573 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Nice interview and they are not afraid to admit they could make the play offs on present form.No weak links and specialize in high press is a big worry for us which means we have to take any chances we create .Hopefully the boys in blue will be angry after Saturday and score first we need to
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 15:57 - Mar 2 with 3559 viewsDannyPaddox

I always enjoy reading the previews from the opposition fans. The Barnsley lads sound extremely positive and why wouldn’t they be with their recent run of results. Only bit of modern football parlance I didn’t understand was ...

Three forwards who press from the front using triggers.

What does this mean? Are they on horseback? Seriously what are these triggers they speak of?

ps: I notice Billy ‘Moneyball’ Beane is a Barnsley shareholder.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 15:59]
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:27 - Mar 2 with 3494 viewsNorthernr

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 15:57 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

I always enjoy reading the previews from the opposition fans. The Barnsley lads sound extremely positive and why wouldn’t they be with their recent run of results. Only bit of modern football parlance I didn’t understand was ...

What does this mean? Are they on horseback? Seriously what are these triggers they speak of?

If the opposition do something, it triggers a certain press or response from you. Sinton was talking about this on our commentary the other day that Chair keeps doing a trigger move out wide left which triggers the two strikers to move expecting a cross, obviously pre-worked on, but atm he's tending to hold on for another two or three touches to try and get the shot away which is frustrating dykes, austin et al.

Pretty clear the other day against Bournemouth that Mepham having the ball at feet deep triggered a huge four man press from us, presumably because we think (rightly) he can be panicked.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:28 - Mar 2 with 3493 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 15:57 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

Maybe they use Trigger from Only Fools.
Login to get fewer ads

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:34 - Mar 2 with 3478 viewsNorthernr

By the way don't know whether this makes it more or less likely, but the last time Barnsley won five in a row in this division was the first five games of 96/97, and they lost the sixth one 3-1 to QPR.

Fcking massive mate.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:58 - Mar 2 with 3435 viewssimmo

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:28 - Mar 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Maybe they use Trigger from Only Fools.

This team has had 8 new goalkeepers and 14 new strikers

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 17:00 - Mar 2 with 3432 viewssimmo

As great as that interview is for Barnsley, I find it particualrly frustrating as a QPR fan watching how we do business and having to settle. They've found a progressive manager that fits their style, have a board that identify and purchase players away from the coaches demands, they don't pay huge sums in fees or wages either. There's no reason we shouldn't be replicating that and it's a legitimate example to look to when highlighiting our own failures.

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 17:21 - Mar 2 with 3392 viewsMickS

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:58 - Mar 2 by simmo

This team has had 8 new goalkeepers and 14 new strikers

Hats off sir.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 18:50 - Mar 2 with 3329 viewsPinnerPaul

Needs to be some serious calming down on this and the match thread.

Not many predicted we would beat Bournemouth, Watford or Brentford beforehand.

While we're on the theme of numbers they have conceded exactly the same number as us & only scored 7 more.

As we have seen from all the 'top' teams we have played, a 'Man City', this division does NOT possess!

Bookies have it about right, they ARE favourites, but not by much.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 20:37 - Mar 2 with 3256 viewsqueensparker

Looking forward to this game after reading that. Interested to see how it pans out and sounds like a real test for our new lineup after a disappointing defeat. They sound like a side worth watching and Warburton is no idiot so he’ll have a plan too.

Barnsley lads seem decent too, realistic footy fans without the Brentford taint of arrogant c*ntishness.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 21:14 - Mar 2 with 3209 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:34 - Mar 2 by Northernr

By the way don't know whether this makes it more or less likely, but the last time Barnsley won five in a row in this division was the first five games of 96/97, and they lost the sixth one 3-1 to QPR.

Fcking massive mate.

Think their fans used to sing “just like watching Brazil” about that team.

Also the season where that thing in my avatar happened.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 22:12 - Mar 2 with 2843 viewsDannyPaddox

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 16:27 - Mar 2 by Northernr

If the opposition do something, it triggers a certain press or response from you. Sinton was talking about this on our commentary the other day that Chair keeps doing a trigger move out wide left which triggers the two strikers to move expecting a cross, obviously pre-worked on, but atm he's tending to hold on for another two or three touches to try and get the shot away which is frustrating dykes, austin et al.

Pretty clear the other day against Bournemouth that Mepham having the ball at feet deep triggered a huge four man press from us, presumably because we think (rightly) he can be panicked.

Thanks for the explanation. Adds another dimension to watching the game tomorrow. I wonder what their trigger moves will be? Close down Dickie to exploit his lack of pace? Force Barbet into hurried diags? Or gradually press Cameron and Austin closer together in the hope of them having an almighty barney.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 22:18 - Mar 2 with 2808 viewsMickS

Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 22:12 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

Thanks for the explanation. Adds another dimension to watching the game tomorrow. I wonder what their trigger moves will be? Close down Dickie to exploit his lack of pace? Force Barbet into hurried diags? Or gradually press Cameron and Austin closer together in the hope of them having an almighty barney.

Trigger DQPR.

Even Brentford fear them.
Five in a row has Barnsley flying - Interview on 22:23 - Mar 2 with 2774 viewsDannyPaddox

My mental image of your typical Barnsley fan has completely changed after reading those interviews. it’s now ...

Barnsley? They’re brilliant. Barnsley are brilliant because Barnsley win all the time and that’s brilliant. We used to lose all the time and that wasn’t brilliant but now we win all the time and it’s brilliant. Our manager is brilliant. He makes the players press - all the time and that’s brilliant. Pressing is brilliant. It’s like pushing except ... it’s more like pressing - brilliant. And we’ve got Billy Beane. Billy Beane what a brilliant name. Billy Beane is brilliant because he’s balls are brilliant and they’re made of money. Money balls! And that ... is brilliant!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 9:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024