Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21/22 law change already! 14:54 - Mar 5 with 1067 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to confuse everyone, IFAB have now rescinded part of a law that was brought in less than 2 years ago!

These constant changes are getting a bit silly now

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12236505/ifab-announces-change-to-
21/22 law change already! on 15:04 - Mar 5 with 1020 viewsfrancisbowles

The bit about 'including the goalkeeper' made me chuckle. Visions of a keeper punching a clearance or blocking a shot and the ball travelling the length of the field and going into the net, only to be disallowed for handball!
21/22 law change already! on 15:08 - Mar 5 with 1009 viewsstowmarketrange

So they’re really saying that it’s down to the discretion of the ref and assistants whether the hand/arm is in an unnatural position or not.
That should go down well.
21/22 law change already! on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 982 viewsTheChef

All players should have their arms strapped to their sides.

Goalkeepers included.

Could sign one of them as CB to play alongside Dickie.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

21/22 law change already! on 15:54 - Mar 5 with 918 viewsPinnerPaul

21/22 law change already! on 15:08 - Mar 5 by stowmarketrange

So they’re really saying that it’s down to the discretion of the ref and assistants whether the hand/arm is in an unnatural position or not.
That should go down well.

Well that has been the law for at least 15 minutes already!

Seriously though, all this 'fun' started when they decided 'deliberate' wasn't clear enough and to stop the John Terrys of this world throwing themselves at the ball with arms out wide and the ball 'accidently' hitting them they brought in this 'unnatural position' nonsense.

THEN because once in a blue moon someone scored a goal following a genuine accidental handball they decided that attackers could not even accidently handle the ball into the net.

Fine, EXCEPT, some bright spark obviously started whining about an attacker's teammate handling the ball accidently and THEN his team scored, so they decided that basically ANY touch of the ball on the arm of someone who was vaguely involved in a goal would result in a goal being disallowed.

BUT THIS lead to our mates in VAR analysing a players actions once he got off the team coach up until his team scored a goal,

NOW (still with me?!) they have decided that even if a team mate DOES accidently handle the ball and his team scores then its a goal.

Still don't think you can score yourself or set yourself up with an accidental handball though.

That's all effective from July 1st unless of course competitions decide that its really not quite confusing enough so can bring in the change earlier if they want.

I'm not even going near the armpit definition of arm /shoulder as its just too silly for words IMHO.

As I've said before, if I'm reffing and anyone queries a hand ball decision, my response is "Sorry mate, new handball law" which should see me through just fine!

What a joke!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 15:58]
21/22 law change already! on 15:56 - Mar 5 with 917 viewsNorthernr

Is the handball law changed immediately? Or just for next season? The way it's being reported is it starts now, which means Fulham get a different result playing last night to the one they'd have got if they played tonight.
21/22 law change already! on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 903 viewsPinnerPaul

21/22 law change already! on 15:56 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Is the handball law changed immediately? Or just for next season? The way it's being reported is it starts now, which means Fulham get a different result playing last night to the one they'd have got if they played tonight.

Has to be implemented July 1st when new season officially starts but, seriously, comps can bring it in earlier if they want.

They usually do this with law changes to avoid WCs, Euros etc starting with one set of laws and finishing with another if they run across June/July.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the PGMOL, FA, PL, EFL will decide!
21/22 law change already! on 16:05 - Mar 5 with 897 viewsPinnerPaul

and in more good news I see 'adaptations' to the offside law were discussed as well as allowing competitions with 'limited budgets' to use VAR following some 'innovations'

Beyond parody really.
21/22 law change already! on 16:15 - Mar 5 with 876 viewsNorthernr

Read an article a few weeks back that said since David Ellery came into whatever position he has atm there have been 116 adjustments, re-writes, interpretations etc to the laws of the game. No wonder it's such a fcking unwatchable mess.
Login to get fewer ads

21/22 law change already! on 16:18 - Mar 5 with 865 viewsKonk

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

21/22 law change already! on 16:22 - Mar 5 with 855 viewsPinnerPaul

21/22 law change already! on 16:15 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Read an article a few weeks back that said since David Ellery came into whatever position he has atm there have been 116 adjustments, re-writes, interpretations etc to the laws of the game. No wonder it's such a fcking unwatchable mess.

and the best thing about each and every change/re-write is that it is always claimed that they 'simplify' and 'clarify' the laws!

As I've said before if after these major decisions/mistakes you get experienced referees arguing about it days after, most with no axe to grind re the teams, then that to me tells you that something is wrong with the laws.
21/22 law change already! on 16:28 - Mar 5 with 846 viewsKonk

21/22 law change already! on 16:22 - Mar 5 by PinnerPaul

and the best thing about each and every change/re-write is that it is always claimed that they 'simplify' and 'clarify' the laws!

As I've said before if after these major decisions/mistakes you get experienced referees arguing about it days after, most with no axe to grind re the teams, then that to me tells you that something is wrong with the laws.

My son asked me to explain off-side the other day - I told him what it used to be, had a go at explaining my understanding of the current law(s), went online to check, got confused, and then both of us agreed that it seemed a bit too complicated, so we gave-up. I would be amazed if more than 10-20% of match-going fans could fully explain the current offside law(s) or judge most offsides correctly these days. Professional sports administrators are a bunch of di cks.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

21/22 law change already! on 16:43 - Mar 5 with 831 viewsPinnerPaul

For completeness, here is the actual press release in full - yes it IS complicated!

https://www.theifab.com/news/annual-general-meeting-2021
21/22 law change already! on 16:46 - Mar 5 with 821 viewsHantsR

21/22 law change already! on 15:56 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I felt sorry for Fulham last night, guy had his arm right down by his side and ball was kicked against it - no attempt to control and a goal was deserved.
21/22 law change already! on 16:46 - Mar 5 with 821 viewsPinnerPaul

21/22 law change already! on 16:28 - Mar 5 by Konk

My son asked me to explain off-side the other day - I told him what it used to be, had a go at explaining my understanding of the current law(s), went online to check, got confused, and then both of us agreed that it seemed a bit too complicated, so we gave-up. I would be amazed if more than 10-20% of match-going fans could fully explain the current offside law(s) or judge most offsides correctly these days. Professional sports administrators are a bunch of di cks.

You see top level players appealing for offside all the time, when the 'offside' player is no where near the ball!

My old mate Jonathan Pearce said the other day in commentary "3 of them offside there"!

Tip for you and your son, remember the first line of the offside law, it helps, a lot!

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position"
21/22 law change already! on 17:04 - Mar 5 with 796 viewsNorthernr

21/22 law change already! on 16:46 - Mar 5 by HantsR

I felt sorry for Fulham last night, guy had his arm right down by his side and ball was kicked against it - no attempt to control and a goal was deserved.

Basically penalised for having an arm.
21/22 law change already! on 17:17 - Mar 5 with 773 viewsHarbour

21/22 law change already! on 16:46 - Mar 5 by PinnerPaul

You see top level players appealing for offside all the time, when the 'offside' player is no where near the ball!

My old mate Jonathan Pearce said the other day in commentary "3 of them offside there"!

Tip for you and your son, remember the first line of the offside law, it helps, a lot!

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position"

Having just read the 11 paragraphs on the offside rule from the fa website I suspect many of the players do not understand the very complicated rule...having reread the 11 paras I am no wiser...!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024