Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thailand 12:33 - Mar 6 with 5818 viewsLblock

Just booked a month out there for September.

Anyone got any tips?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Thailand on 12:39 - Mar 6 with 4799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you go into a bar with Ping Pong balls all over the floor, don’t be disappointed if you can’t find a table or bats.
Thailand on 12:48 - Mar 6 with 4768 viewsstowmarketrange

Make sure that the girl you’re taking hasn’t got any balls of her own.Unless you’re into that sort of thing.
Thailand on 12:59 - Mar 6 with 4732 viewsBoston

No matter how big and tough you are, or how many drinks you’ve had that make the prize money look good, don’t get into the boxing ring with the five foot two emaciated looking bloke.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 13:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thailand on 12:59 - Mar 6 with 4731 viewscollegeranger

Depending on where yoy are going take some loo paper!!
Thailand on 13:07 - Mar 6 with 4711 viewsSpanishranger

Depends where you’re staying. September is rainy season on the west coast so I’d avoid Phuket, Krabbi, Ko Lanta unless you like getting wet. Of course if you’re stayin in Pattaya rain will be the least of your worries 😀
Thailand on 13:09 - Mar 6 with 4703 viewsdanehoop

That is towards the end of the rainy season there. Normally shouldn't be a problem, but impact can vary on where you are based.

https://thaiest.com/thailand/weather/rainy-season

Never knowingly understood

Thailand on 13:31 - Mar 6 with 4635 viewsGloucs_R

Close your eyes and it all feels the same 😉

Poll: Are we staying up?

Thailand on 13:33 - Mar 6 with 4631 viewsBklynRanger

If you find yourself visiting the idyllic Mu Ko Lanta National Park, don't laugh casually when the girl in the coffee shop says, with a peculiar level of menace, "Be careful. Of monkey."

20 minutes later you will be a fat bloke getting chased half naked, across the beach and into the sea, by said monkey.

Other than that you can't go wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Thailand on 13:33 - Mar 6 with 4629 viewsNorthernr

Enjoy it. Fck knows we’ve all earned a bloody holiday.
Thailand on 13:39 - Mar 6 with 4604 viewsMickS

Take Tim Cocking and his brother on in the 100 metres.
Thailand on 16:07 - Mar 6 with 4445 viewsDylanP

North for the stunningness of the temples and riding elephants through the jungle. A jungle trek is a MUST.

South for the beaches. Beauty beauty beauty

Bankock is loud, crowded, smelly, exotic and fantastic/horrible. I would hang around there during COVID

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Thailand on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 4365 viewsKonk

Thailand on 13:39 - Mar 6 by MickS

Take Tim Cocking and his brother on in the 100 metres.

If you do meet Tim Cocking, don't challenge him to a fight or do anything that might provoke him. Great to have such an amazing trip to look forward to.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Thailand on 17:35 - Mar 6 with 4309 viewsSimonJames

Don't accept drinks from dodgy French Vietnamese blokes posing as gem dealers.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Thailand on 18:29 - Mar 6 with 4216 viewsBlackCrowe

check for adams apple.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Thailand on 18:32 - Mar 6 with 4207 viewsBrixtonR

I'd definitely recommend Koh Phangan and Koh Samui. Been a fair few times, I hasten to add with my girlfriend.

Loads of good Gyms so mate if you want to go for your 4th Dan then a good place to train.

Amazing food, and pretty healthy.
I love Haad Rin but such a beautiful Island so away from there pretty unspoiled.

But it's all about the parties so (which since Covid who knows what's happening) Some great parties there. Shiva Moon that's in the jungle in a Valley and the DJ booth literally has the actual moon above it fkn wkd. Joe Moontribe boi

The full moon party - Tommy's resort to party. One of the best place to stay is this
https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/palita-lodge.en-gb.html?aid=318615;label=Englis

Otherwise Panviman....they drove us to the Full Moon..Lovely
https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/panviman-koh-phangan.en-gb.html
Thailand on 18:58 - Mar 6 with 4179 viewspaulparker

Avoid expats doing chin ups

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Thailand on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 4094 viewspastieR

haven't been for a while.
But would echo some of the recommendations. If you're going for a relaxing holiday.
Spend little to no time in Bangkok, maybe a night or two of fun.
The islands/sea are where you want to be.
Krabi is heaven on earth, could spend the rest of my life there quite happily.
If you can afford it, it wasn't that expensive from memory, hire a local fisherman to go island hopping and bbq in the evening.
Have fun
Thailand on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 4082 viewsBlackCrowe

Bangkok is a flipping great city, but 3 or 4 nights is enough. Been 25 years since i've been to Samui or Phangan, so suspect it's changed a lot. But went to Phuket year before last and as long as you swerve Patong (appalling tourist hell imo), it's a beautiful island.

Depends what you want i guess.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Thailand on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 4078 viewsMyke

You have great courage to go anywhere,never mind Thailand. I won't set foot on foreign soil until summer 22 at least
Thailand on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 4031 viewsQPROslo

Love Thailand, great people here. I'm in Phuket, much of the coast on the island is absolutely beautiful and plenty more beauty close by on the smaller islands, and on the mainland to the north and east. Ko Chang very nice too. Hope the Covid travel restrictions have eased by when you come.
Thailand on 21:20 - Mar 6 with 3953 viewsBklynRanger

Thailand on 19:35 - Mar 6 by Myke

You have great courage to go anywhere,never mind Thailand. I won't set foot on foreign soil until summer 22 at least

Seems a bit much
Thailand on 21:38 - Mar 6 with 3926 viewsdanehoop

Thailand on 20:05 - Mar 6 by QPROslo

Love Thailand, great people here. I'm in Phuket, much of the coast on the island is absolutely beautiful and plenty more beauty close by on the smaller islands, and on the mainland to the north and east. Ko Chang very nice too. Hope the Covid travel restrictions have eased by when you come.

Another vote for Phuket. Sort of has everything you would want from holiday in Thailand. Beaches, food, bars, plenty of excursions. We used to stay around Karon Beach area, some really nice hotels and you are far enough away from Patong that it doesnt impact, but close enough if you feel the need to visit.

Another place that works at that time of the year is Hua Hin, which is basically much quieter and less intensively developed part of Thailand, but only a 2-3 hours by car from Bangkok. Amazing beaches and lovely food. Have to do Bangkok for a few nights just to experience madness.

I'd avoid Pattaya. It is what you hear and unless that is what you are after, there are so many better places to go in such a lovely country.

Never knowingly understood

Thailand on 13:15 - Mar 7 with 3760 viewsqprphil

Like most I'm desperate for a holiday, cruises is my tipple, however, no flying, or cruising for me this year. I'll wait to see how things pan out as I do have health issues. Hopefully everything turns out ok for you.
Thailand on 16:26 - Mar 7 with 3644 viewsenfieldargh

Echo on Hua Hin great to just chill out at a beach hotel and find a night time food set up with freshly caught fish/seafood, flaming torches marking out the restaurant boundary and buckets of iced beer, Whiskey and the sound of the sea lapping onto the sand.

Pure heaven

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Thailand on 16:40 - Mar 7 with 3624 viewsjoe90

I went a few years ago with my wife for about month. We both loved it and had a great time. We spent over a week in Bangkok and loved it and also visited a few islands and some other towns/cities.

In terms of advice it all depends what type of holiday you're after. It can be as active or relaxing as you want, or a city break spent exploring Bangkok?

Either way I'm sure you'll have a great time. The only bit of advice I'd give is if you're in Bangkok and find it too hot just jump on the Sky train or go into your nearest 7-11.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024