Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football index in trouble! 09:45 - Mar 8 with 6616 viewsHayesender

https://mol.im/a/9335235

We're becoming a bit of a jonah with our sponsors

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Football index in trouble! on 09:54 - Mar 8 with 4900 viewsloftboy

As I said on a previous thread they are conmen, no outlay other than a website, raked in thousands off some punters and then devalued the market, the owners keep the profits whilst the investors lose out.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football index in trouble! on 09:59 - Mar 8 with 4878 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I can't believe anyone fell for that in the first place.

You buy shares in something the sellers don't own.

It's not a new thing apparently David Lloyd George did similar with a gold mine. (good programme on BBC4 yesterday)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football index in trouble! on 10:12 - Mar 8 with 4844 viewsTheChef

Would be nice if we had a club sponsor that tied in with the club's principles, rather than another pseudo gambling company. Support a local company rather than just chase the cash.

What are Blue Star Garages up to these days?

Or Car Giant for that matter? ;)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Football index in trouble! on 10:18 - Mar 8 with 4815 viewsstevec

You only have to look at the differential between buy and sell prices to know it’s a rip off.

Beggars belief anyone falls for this stuff.
Football index in trouble! on 10:18 - Mar 8 with 4826 viewsdanehoop

Think the stadium sponsorship deal has done that to be fair.

Never knowingly understood

Football index in trouble! on 10:20 - Mar 8 with 4807 viewsTheChef

Football index in trouble! on 10:18 - Mar 8 by danehoop

Think the stadium sponsorship deal has done that to be fair.

Absolutely, which is great.

But most people will see our shirts and the logo on it - would just be nice if our next sponsor was not another fcking gambling company.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Football index in trouble! on 10:35 - Mar 8 with 4774 viewsAntti_Heinola

one good thing about gambling sponsors (the only good thing) is that the kids shirts come sponsor free and look ace.

Bare bones.

Football index in trouble! on 10:50 - Mar 8 with 4714 viewsthame_hoops

10 point deduction incoming.....
Login to get fewer ads

Football index in trouble! on 10:55 - Mar 8 with 4696 viewshoopsmark

I had a dabble last year but then withdrew,i was always wondering how they managed to pay out such big dividends twice a week.....

Couple of my mates are in for thousands.............
Football index in trouble! on 12:42 - Mar 8 with 4572 viewsJuzzie

Dabbling in shares is always a gamble (ironic considering its a gambling site) and its volatile nature is how it can reap good rewards but also carries risk and you should only invest what you can afford to lose, same as gambling in general.

Ok, people feel they’ve been lied to but I wouldn’t trust these organisations any more than I’d trust an estate agent.
Football index in trouble! on 12:59 - Mar 8 with 4523 viewsGuppy

Football index in trouble! on 10:20 - Mar 8 by TheChef

Absolutely, which is great.

But most people will see our shirts and the logo on it - would just be nice if our next sponsor was not another fcking gambling company.

Whats the odds on that?
Football index in trouble! on 13:25 - Mar 8 with 4442 viewsstowmarketrange

Great news as my new shirt arrived in the post today.If only we had a proper sponsor like Blue star garages.
Football index in trouble! on 13:32 - Mar 8 with 4422 viewsbosh67

Personally I would prefer that we get whatever corporate/commercial title sponsorship for the stadium next term and put Kiyan Prince Foundation on the front of all our shirts next season. I don't really buy the shirts but if they had Kiyan Prince Foundation on them I would buy at least one of them. I think a lot of fans would. It would also put the foundation in people's minds both home/away and across more TV - and would be an amazing and positive stance from the club in terms of what it stands for, building on the last two seasons with the foundation as the ground title right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Football index in trouble! on 15:32 - Mar 8 with 4225 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Football index in trouble! on 10:12 - Mar 8 by TheChef

Would be nice if we had a club sponsor that tied in with the club's principles, rather than another pseudo gambling company. Support a local company rather than just chase the cash.

What are Blue Star Garages up to these days?

Or Car Giant for that matter? ;)

Blue Star Garages a lovely blast from the past .I think I owned a shirt with that brilliant logo but some fcuker stole it because I take my QPR gear seriously and its gone but not forgotten
Football index in trouble! on 15:53 - Mar 8 with 4174 viewsMyke

Sticking with my Guinness shirt
Football index in trouble! on 16:03 - Mar 8 with 4146 viewsthame_hoops

Football index in trouble! on 13:32 - Mar 8 by bosh67

Personally I would prefer that we get whatever corporate/commercial title sponsorship for the stadium next term and put Kiyan Prince Foundation on the front of all our shirts next season. I don't really buy the shirts but if they had Kiyan Prince Foundation on them I would buy at least one of them. I think a lot of fans would. It would also put the foundation in people's minds both home/away and across more TV - and would be an amazing and positive stance from the club in terms of what it stands for, building on the last two seasons with the foundation as the ground title right.

that would look Naff! id rather they give money to the foundation based on sales and leave the shirts blank. They'd sell more if it was a classic design, and Dennis The Menace will be back next year
Football index in trouble! on 22:12 - Mar 11 with 3788 viewsBakes

They’ve just announced that they have now ceased/suspended trading

Sweepstake for our stick on sponsor for the rest of the season?

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/company-announcement-110321/

COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Football Index Community,

We understand this has been a difficult and challenging week for you all. After much difficult deliberation we must now issue the following update.

The Board of BetIndex Limited has consulted with external legal and financial advisors, and the UK and Jersey Gambling Commissions. The decision has been made to suspend the platform.

The dividend restructure announced on Friday was a necessary step in a business recovery plan to seek the long-term sustainability of the platform. However, it is clear that this has not been well received and we need to find a more agreeable way forward.

We are pursuing a restructuring arrangement to be agreed with our stakeholders including, most importantly, our community. We are preparing this through an administration with insolvency practitioners Begbies Traynor, to seek the best outcome for customers with the goal of continuing the platform in a restructured form.

The restructure could involve equity in BetIndex Limited being distributed to customers, board representation for customers, and a new management team put in place, along with other initiatives.

Until such time as the administrators are in office, the platform will remain suspended and no trading or payment transactions, such as deposits and withdrawals, will be possible. Once in office, the administrators will be in contact with customers, creditors, and other stakeholders. This interim step of suspending the platform is merely to ensure that everyone’s rights are preserved in relation to funds held by BetIndex Limited.

We fully understand and anticipate concerns regarding a temporary suspension of your ability to withdraw existing Cash Balances and assure you that they will remain held in a segregated account to be managed in conjunction with our advisors, protected by the trust arrangements that are in place and will be subject to review by the administrators.

The Board have at all times been seeking the best way to sustain the platform as we believed a recovery was not only possible but also in the best interests of our customers. This decision is deeply regrettable, and is the outcome we were seeking to avoid by restructuring dividends. However, we believe it is the most responsible route forward for our community given the situation as it has developed.

The administrators will release a statement upon their formal appointment by the Court, which is anticipated to be in the next 10 days and will be able to share further timelines at that point.

The Board of BetIndex Limited
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:14]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Football index in trouble! on 22:19 - Mar 11 with 3761 viewsE17hoop

No guarantee of money back.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Football index in trouble! on 00:30 - Mar 12 with 3604 viewsLythamR

Football index in trouble! on 22:19 - Mar 11 by E17hoop

No guarantee of money back.

in reality people might get a % of any cash funds held in the account (likely to be a small % if anything

Most people will have had little in cash funds, most were invested in player shares,they dropped like a stone last week so a lot of people have lost a lot of money unless a miracle happens

Football Index still plastered over the official site, some work todo there tomorrow
Football index in trouble! on 05:32 - Mar 12 with 3531 viewsHayesender

Football index in trouble! on 22:12 - Mar 11 by Bakes

They’ve just announced that they have now ceased/suspended trading

Sweepstake for our stick on sponsor for the rest of the season?

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/company-announcement-110321/

COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Football Index Community,

We understand this has been a difficult and challenging week for you all. After much difficult deliberation we must now issue the following update.

The Board of BetIndex Limited has consulted with external legal and financial advisors, and the UK and Jersey Gambling Commissions. The decision has been made to suspend the platform.

The dividend restructure announced on Friday was a necessary step in a business recovery plan to seek the long-term sustainability of the platform. However, it is clear that this has not been well received and we need to find a more agreeable way forward.

We are pursuing a restructuring arrangement to be agreed with our stakeholders including, most importantly, our community. We are preparing this through an administration with insolvency practitioners Begbies Traynor, to seek the best outcome for customers with the goal of continuing the platform in a restructured form.

The restructure could involve equity in BetIndex Limited being distributed to customers, board representation for customers, and a new management team put in place, along with other initiatives.

Until such time as the administrators are in office, the platform will remain suspended and no trading or payment transactions, such as deposits and withdrawals, will be possible. Once in office, the administrators will be in contact with customers, creditors, and other stakeholders. This interim step of suspending the platform is merely to ensure that everyone’s rights are preserved in relation to funds held by BetIndex Limited.

We fully understand and anticipate concerns regarding a temporary suspension of your ability to withdraw existing Cash Balances and assure you that they will remain held in a segregated account to be managed in conjunction with our advisors, protected by the trust arrangements that are in place and will be subject to review by the administrators.

The Board have at all times been seeking the best way to sustain the platform as we believed a recovery was not only possible but also in the best interests of our customers. This decision is deeply regrettable, and is the outcome we were seeking to avoid by restructuring dividends. However, we believe it is the most responsible route forward for our community given the situation as it has developed.

The administrators will release a statement upon their formal appointment by the Court, which is anticipated to be in the next 10 days and will be able to share further timelines at that point.

The Board of BetIndex Limited
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:14]

I'd like to see us go with something like Tiger cubs till the end of the season, or some other local charity

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Football index in trouble! on 08:06 - Mar 12 with 3389 viewspaulparker

Leave the shirt without the sponsor, we had a brief period I think in 87 where we didn’t have one and the shirt looked the nuts , then I think we got KLM

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Football index in trouble! on 09:41 - Mar 12 with 3307 viewsLythamR

Football index in trouble! on 08:06 - Mar 12 by paulparker

Leave the shirt without the sponsor, we had a brief period I think in 87 where we didn’t have one and the shirt looked the nuts , then I think we got KLM

if they removed the sponsorship they might see a boost in sales, or stick KPF on but its probably to late into the season to do anything now
Football index in trouble! on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 3306 viewsRBlock

Football index in trouble! on 08:06 - Mar 12 by paulparker

I've already got one shirt this season (red/white halves), but would quite likely get another if it was sponsorless. Doubt I'd be the only one
Football index in trouble! on 10:38 - Mar 12 with 3248 viewsjoe90

For anyone interested, it is possible to remove the shirt sponsor with a hot iron or hair dryer.

I've been saying for ages that the club should release a sponsor-less shirt. West Ham and Celtic do.
Football index in trouble! on 10:39 - Mar 12 with 3242 viewsEastR

Football index in trouble! on 09:59 - Mar 8 by Metallica_Hoop

I can't believe anyone fell for that in the first place.

You buy shares in something the sellers don't own.

It's not a new thing apparently David Lloyd George did similar with a gold mine. (good programme on BBC4 yesterday)

Here's the thing - the model they were using for it is actually the same one as the legit derivatives market is based.
Derivatives are merely contracts between parties; they are punts (the financial markets will call them speculations), bought, or sold, as bets on the future price moves of whatever securities they're based on. The parties making these bets don't own the assets.

The worldwide estimate for the derivatives markets is at least £9 trillion.
That's people betting on the movement in value of stuff they don't own. Might sound crazy, like many financial markets based on paper money and not much else, but its all legitimate and big business.

This organisation was supervised by the Gambling Commission but it should have come under the jurisdiction of the Financial Conduct Authority.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024