Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dykes is pish 23:54 - Mar 8 with 5151 viewspitshanger

2 million?? could've got a new bar somewhere
dykes is pish on 00:13 - Mar 9 with 3234 viewsBoston

That the word on Pishanger Lane?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

dykes is pish on 00:25 - Mar 9 with 3206 viewskensalriser

I know I may as well wait for a gale and then go out and relieve myself but...

Dykes was not 2 million. There is no evidence he was 2 million. All the reports are undisclosed or UP TO 2 million, which means unless there are bonuses and add ons and top ups for scoring more penalties than goals from open play, he wasn't 2 million and never will be.

And in case I forgot to mention it, Dykes didn't cost 2 million.

Don't even get me started on Sandro.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

dykes is pish on 07:49 - Mar 9 with 2976 viewsnix

Yep, think you might also be howling at the moon because they'll be another one coming along saying exactly the same thing. Just like someone will come along at some point saying why did we sell CA so cheaply (shoot evil Les) despite it being patiently explained numerous times that we didn't have any other offers from a club he was prepared to go to and he was out of contract in the summer (and hadn't been previously willing to sign a new contract).

Anyhoo, I'm amazed we've got more column inches on our beleaguered striker than the tabs are writing about MM and PH. He's not had a brilliant start. He's under a lot of pressure to perform. He's had some rotten luck. He provides more to the team than just goals, although goals are very important. Strikers can have goal droughts and then still turn it around. Maybe leaving him alone when he hasn't even played might be the best thing. Uh, The End.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 8:02]
dykes is pish on 08:26 - Mar 9 with 2889 viewsstevec

dykes is pish on 07:49 - Mar 9 by nix

Yep, think you might also be howling at the moon because they'll be another one coming along saying exactly the same thing. Just like someone will come along at some point saying why did we sell CA so cheaply (shoot evil Les) despite it being patiently explained numerous times that we didn't have any other offers from a club he was prepared to go to and he was out of contract in the summer (and hadn't been previously willing to sign a new contract).

Anyhoo, I'm amazed we've got more column inches on our beleaguered striker than the tabs are writing about MM and PH. He's not had a brilliant start. He's under a lot of pressure to perform. He's had some rotten luck. He provides more to the team than just goals, although goals are very important. Strikers can have goal droughts and then still turn it around. Maybe leaving him alone when he hasn't even played might be the best thing. Uh, The End.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 8:02]

Michael Mancienne and Peter Hucker??
dykes is pish on 08:36 - Mar 9 with 2855 viewsSuffolkHoop

Before piling in on Dykes it might be worth remembering his close family are in Australia and he can’t visit or even plan to see them at the moment. QPR is meant to be a family club, about time we showed a bit of care before hammering someone after half a season. He’s in bad form yes, needs some time out of the team, yes, but that’s all.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 8:37]
dykes is pish on 09:00 - Mar 9 with 2781 viewsw7r

dykes is pish on 08:26 - Mar 9 by stevec

Michael Mancienne and Peter Hucker??

Close, but no cigar. It’s Michael Meaker and Peter Hucker, obvs.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 9:01]
dykes is pish on 09:48 - Mar 9 with 2649 viewsstevec

dykes is pish on 09:00 - Mar 9 by w7r

Close, but no cigar. It’s Michael Meaker and Peter Hucker, obvs.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 9:01]

The sad thing is, it wasn’t until about 10 minutes after my post I worked out who Nix was referring to.

Somebody help me.
dykes is pish on 09:58 - Mar 9 with 2603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Welcome to the Forum!

What’s your favourite cheese? Middlesex mild?
Login to get fewer ads

dykes is pish on 10:11 - Mar 9 with 2504 views2Thomas2Bowles

dykes is pish on 08:36 - Mar 9 by SuffolkHoop

Before piling in on Dykes it might be worth remembering his close family are in Australia and he can’t visit or even plan to see them at the moment. QPR is meant to be a family club, about time we showed a bit of care before hammering someone after half a season. He’s in bad form yes, needs some time out of the team, yes, but that’s all.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 8:37]

about time we showed a bit of care before hammering someone after half a season.

No fans at the games so unless he reads this board...

Diddums.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Pitshanger is pish on 10:12 - Mar 9 with 2546 viewsdanehoop

dykes is pish on 09:58 - Mar 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Welcome to the Forum!

What’s your favourite cheese? Middlesex mild?

First post is spent launching a snidey dig at one of own players who is clearly struggling for form, but working hard.

Not sure what the point of that was really, no real insight, no obvious research and nothing to explain views or opinion. All in all, a bit of a poor effort at trolling.

I'd suggest cheese quotent is unlikely to be higher than dairy lea.

Never knowingly understood

dykes is pish on 10:32 - Mar 9 with 2472 viewsMyke

dykes is pish on 10:11 - Mar 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

about time we showed a bit of care before hammering someone after half a season.

No fans at the games so unless he reads this board...

Diddums.

I think 2T2B is is more the concept of hammering him on here than the actual concern that he will read it. Especially in the context of Clive's heart-rendering and thought-provoking piece on 'Being Social'. No one is disputing the fact that Dykes has under-performed, that he is in a rotten run of form and needs to improve his goal tally. But I think the key word there is under-performed, if he was maxed out then clearly he is not quite Championship level, but performances for Scotland indicate otherwise.
If if he HAS maxed out and he can't quite cut it at Championship level, hammering him is hardly going to improve him, especially for a first-time poster it seems necessarily negative. Dykes(rightly in my opinion) has been taken out of the firing line, as clearly his confidence is shot, so let's give him that breathing space and see what happens
Finally, I think worth pointing out that our three 'goalden' boys of last season, Wells, Hugill and Eze (albeit at ahigher level) haven't exactly set the goalscoring charts on fire this season. Not sure of the exact details but I'm guessing they are not too far into double figures, combined. Austin is the latest flavour of the month, and rightly so, but like Hugill and Wells, he will come and he will go. We need to look after our own

FOOTNOTE: Reading back on this, it looks like a criticism of you 2T2B, that is not the case. I was responding to your comment initially, but the rest of the post is just making a general observation
dykes is pish on 10:40 - Mar 9 with 2426 viewsterryb

dykes is pish on 09:48 - Mar 9 by stevec

The sad thing is, it wasn’t until about 10 minutes after my post I worked out who Nix was referring to.

Somebody help me.

You realised before I did Steve.

I've just got there. I think we should be warned if it's not football related!
dykes is pish on 10:53 - Mar 9 with 2345 views2Thomas2Bowles

dykes is pish on 10:32 - Mar 9 by Myke

I think 2T2B is is more the concept of hammering him on here than the actual concern that he will read it. Especially in the context of Clive's heart-rendering and thought-provoking piece on 'Being Social'. No one is disputing the fact that Dykes has under-performed, that he is in a rotten run of form and needs to improve his goal tally. But I think the key word there is under-performed, if he was maxed out then clearly he is not quite Championship level, but performances for Scotland indicate otherwise.
If if he HAS maxed out and he can't quite cut it at Championship level, hammering him is hardly going to improve him, especially for a first-time poster it seems necessarily negative. Dykes(rightly in my opinion) has been taken out of the firing line, as clearly his confidence is shot, so let's give him that breathing space and see what happens
Finally, I think worth pointing out that our three 'goalden' boys of last season, Wells, Hugill and Eze (albeit at ahigher level) haven't exactly set the goalscoring charts on fire this season. Not sure of the exact details but I'm guessing they are not too far into double figures, combined. Austin is the latest flavour of the month, and rightly so, but like Hugill and Wells, he will come and he will go. We need to look after our own

FOOTNOTE: Reading back on this, it looks like a criticism of you 2T2B, that is not the case. I was responding to your comment initially, but the rest of the post is just making a general observation

I'm really upset and have called my psychologist for therapy And counselling.

It's not just Royals and footballers you know!

dykes is pish on 10:53 - Mar 9 with 2389 viewsonlyrinmoray

Well done that should help his confidence no end if he logs onto this forum which I hope he doesnt
dykes is pish on 10:55 - Mar 9 with 2331 views2Thomas2Bowles

dykes is pish on 10:53 - Mar 9 by onlyrinmoray

Well done that should help his confidence no end if he logs onto this forum which I hope he doesnt

He can always go on Winfrey and tell all how bad some of us have been to him...

dykes is pish on 11:48 - Mar 9 with 2265 viewskensalriser

Also, strange that we rarely hear from people about how much Ilias Chair or Rob Dickie or Seny Dieng cost.

dykes is pish on 12:10 - Mar 9 with 2181 views2Thomas2Bowles

dykes is pish on 11:48 - Mar 9 by kensalriser

Also, strange that we rarely hear from people about how much Ilias Chair or Rob Dickie or Seny Dieng cost.

£20 9s 6D

£2 win bonus.

Summer £12
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 12:12]

dykes is pish on 12:56 - Mar 9 with 2115 viewsgazza1

Is that Pitshanger in Ealing??
dykes is pish on 13:07 - Mar 9 with 2082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We will when they hit a bit of poor form.
dykes is pish on 13:32 - Mar 9 with 2045 viewsstevec

Whatever it was, I doubt you’re making Dykes feel any better.
dykes is pish on 14:04 - Mar 9 with 1967 viewsheadhoops

dykes is pish on 00:25 - Mar 9 by kensalriser

I know I may as well wait for a gale and then go out and relieve myself but...

Dykes was not 2 million. There is no evidence he was 2 million. All the reports are undisclosed or UP TO 2 million, which means unless there are bonuses and add ons and top ups for scoring more penalties than goals from open play, he wasn't 2 million and never will be.

And in case I forgot to mention it, Dykes didn't cost 2 million.

Don't even get me started on Sandro.

Kensal, tell me about Sandro..........

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

dykes is pish on 14:59 - Mar 9 with 1903 viewsBoston

dykes is pish on 14:04 - Mar 9 by headhoops

...married Harry Redknapp, apparently.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

dykes is pish on 15:24 - Mar 9 with 1853 viewsrobith

Imagine going to the all the effort of creating an account to post this piss
dykes is pish on 15:35 - Mar 9 with 1837 viewsderbyhoop

The old maxim
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Nobody is blind to Dykes' struggles, including himself. But it is his first season at this level, in a new city, at a new club, a long way from family. Other than goals, which are disappointing, his all round game is definitely getting better.
Most of us, unlike OP, are prepared to cut him a bit of slack.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

dykes is pish on 15:45 - Mar 9 with 1812 viewskensalriser

dykes is pish on 14:04 - Mar 9 by headhoops

The world's first six million pound bionic footballer. But alas, they could never rebuild his knee.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024