Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? 21:51 - Mar 9 with 2702 viewsT_Block

Didn't appear involved enough for me.Is it worth him dropping deeper to get involved?
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 21:54 - Mar 9 with 2686 viewsEsox_Lucius

It might be part of the tactic to prevent teams trying to press us all over the park if he is occupying a couple of defenders by staying up.

The grass is always greener.

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 21:57 - Mar 9 with 2645 viewsdavman

He appeared to be in midfield at times leaving Chair and Willock up top. He also appeared quite knackered to be fair...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 21:58 - Mar 9 with 2645 viewsT_Block

Yes good point
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:04 - Mar 9 with 2580 viewsstrikerace

It looked to me like the game plan was for him to drop deep, like a #10, when Wycombe had the ball. Warbs seemed to have Chair up top stretching the defence. This is why he was so knackered and came off with Austin in the 60's. When QPR had the ball Austin came up for a 2 up top. It happened regularly so I assumed that was the plan
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:12 - Mar 9 with 2527 viewsdaveB

He's been playing deep the last few games, thought he did well and worked hard for the team
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:37 - Mar 9 with 2383 viewsngbqpr

Chaz playing Kane to Willock & Chair's Son & Bale :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 01:44 - Mar 10 with 2192 viewsdixiedean

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:37 - Mar 9 by ngbqpr

Chaz playing Kane to Willock & Chair's Son & Bale :)

All at half the speed 😊 ( except Willock )
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 07:35 - Mar 10 with 2022 viewsMalintabuk

He may be trying elongate his career by doing this new role. It is hard graft playing as a striker often with your back to goal and have a brute of a CH trying to knock lumps out of you.... especially in this division.
He certainly as the vision and the passing for this. Some of his passing last night was very good and he linked play well. Think it helps having someone with the class of Jo Jo directing things just behind him.
I was speaking to my brother after the game and we both felt if we had a chance of keeping either Chaz or JoJo next year or perhaps both we could be outsiders for a play off place, we are in danger of becoming a very decent team
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 7:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 08:11 - Mar 10 with 1963 viewsfrancisbowles

I think the stats said we were awarded four fouls last night. All were for Charlie, back to goal, around the half way line, protecting the football and drawing the contact.
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 08:50 - Mar 10 with 1892 viewswombat

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 08:11 - Mar 10 by francisbowles

I think the stats said we were awarded four fouls last night. All were for Charlie, back to goal, around the half way line, protecting the football and drawing the contact.

hes changing into kevin gallen since he come back , dropping deeper picking put passes , shame chair didnt square the ball and elceted to shoot instead when charlie made a run into the box first half , new formation definatly has helped chair and willock though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 1755 viewsnightwish

Yes very much so.Like most strikers they like an out an out striker next to them.As much as i dont rate Dykes or Bonne,Charlie Austin is better having one of these 2 alongside him.The Bristol City game Mark Warburton got it exactly right.Against Wycombe we won so i suppose that is the be all and end all but i cant help feeling that we would of punished Wycombe by more by playing Dykes or Bonne alongside Austin.I hope that if we continue with the currant formation that if Charlie Austin dosnt score that the fickles dont start turning on him.
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 11:41 - Mar 10 with 1648 viewstonyQPR

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 10:36 - Mar 10 by nightwish

Yes very much so.Like most strikers they like an out an out striker next to them.As much as i dont rate Dykes or Bonne,Charlie Austin is better having one of these 2 alongside him.The Bristol City game Mark Warburton got it exactly right.Against Wycombe we won so i suppose that is the be all and end all but i cant help feeling that we would of punished Wycombe by more by playing Dykes or Bonne alongside Austin.I hope that if we continue with the currant formation that if Charlie Austin dosnt score that the fickles dont start turning on him.

If fans turn on Austin for having a potential dry spell then we’ve really f@#king lost it as a fan base.
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 1618 viewstidydarts

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:04 - Mar 9 by strikerace

It looked to me like the game plan was for him to drop deep, like a #10, when Wycombe had the ball. Warbs seemed to have Chair up top stretching the defence. This is why he was so knackered and came off with Austin in the 60's. When QPR had the ball Austin came up for a 2 up top. It happened regularly so I assumed that was the plan

Interestingly that's the exact role Dykes occupies for the Scotland NT. A lone striker who drops deeper to flick the ball forward for rapid runners to buzz around and compete for his second balls.

This is me just being optimistic because I don't think he's an awful player
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 1582 viewsgolborne

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 22:12 - Mar 9 by daveB

He's been playing deep the last few games, thought he did well and worked hard for the team

Yep, and tactically is continually looking to put the other two in around the corner. It gives CH's a dilemma - do I try to follow him and mark him, do I let him wander freely in midfield keeping an eye on him all the way, or do I watch these annoying two runts trying to get around the back in the channels. It's mostly a mixture of the final two which is distracting, so you might find we come up against a proper sitting midfielder in the coming games to combat it and squeeze the space between the lines. Then we change the tactic - Sorry, silly me. I forgot Warburton and his team don't have any of those....
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 17:10 - Mar 10 with 1424 viewsstrikerace

It actually makes sense. Charlie isn't the guy anymore (or ever) who was going to stretch the defence, but he is a pretty good passer. So let the young guys stretch the pitch when the ball is on our side and drop Charlie. When we have control let him work his way up into a scoring position. Certainly it has helped Chair and Willock a lot, which has helped the overall team IMO
Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 04:40 - Mar 11 with 1278 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 08:50 - Mar 10 by wombat

hes changing into kevin gallen since he come back , dropping deeper picking put passes , shame chair didnt square the ball and elceted to shoot instead when charlie made a run into the box first half , new formation definatly has helped chair and willock though

Don’t think Charlie was too impressed either (apologies if previously posted)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Do you think Austin looked isolated tonight? on 10:59 - Mar 11 with 1201 viewsgazza1

Don't think CA has played that well in the last couple of games tbh.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024