Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity park rangers 17:01 - Mar 13 with 3451 viewsstowmarketrange

A team that hasn’t won in 12 away games plays us in their 13th.Guess the result?
Charity park rangers on 17:11 - Mar 13 with 2984 viewsBlackCrowe

We looked complacent in the first half which is unforgivable.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Charity park rangers on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 2923 viewsenfieldargh

no conviction in and around their penalty area.

Poor decision making once more

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charity park rangers on 17:27 - Mar 13 with 2909 viewsthompsonridd

I think Kane needs to keep his fingers away from his ears after that miss.....maybe even replace him with Kakay or Adomah
Charity park rangers on 17:35 - Mar 13 with 2847 viewsNed_Kennedys

Charity park rangers on 17:27 - Mar 13 by thompsonridd

I think Kane needs to keep his fingers away from his ears after that miss.....maybe even replace him with Kakay or Adomah

Give over: you think he should be dropped for missing the only half decent shot anyone in our team managed the whole game? Should’ve done better but it was on his wrong foot and at least it was on target....
Charity park rangers on 17:38 - Mar 13 with 2836 viewsenfieldargh

Charity park rangers on 17:11 - Mar 13 by BlackCrowe

We looked complacent in the first half which is unforgivable.

complacent first half? What word would describe the 2nd half?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charity park rangers on 17:42 - Mar 13 with 2819 viewsTacticalR

We needed someone to thread balls through a packed defence. Someone like Eze. We were unable to do that so lost the initiative.

Air hostess clique

Charity park rangers on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 2614 viewsngbqpr

Charity park rangers on 17:42 - Mar 13 by TacticalR

We needed someone to thread balls through a packed defence. Someone like Eze. We were unable to do that so lost the initiative.

Agree, that game was made for Eze.

To be fair I thought Huddersfield were half decent, despite their recent form.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Charity park rangers on 19:37 - Mar 13 with 2584 viewsManinBlack

I think we have a knack of making Huddersfield look good. In their last two home games against us they didn't have to get out of first gear they were so comfortable. They came into today's fixture with just one win in 2021 so we did our bit to double it.
Login to get fewer ads

Charity park rangers on 19:42 - Mar 13 with 2571 viewsridethewave

Charity park rangers on 17:35 - Mar 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Give over: you think he should be dropped for missing the only half decent shot anyone in our team managed the whole game? Should’ve done better but it was on his wrong foot and at least it was on target....

He should be dropped for being a very poor defender. He’d still be backing away from their player if the pitch was long enough.
Charity park rangers on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 2555 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charity park rangers on 17:27 - Mar 13 by thompsonridd

At least he managed to get himself into a position to score. Nobody else did today. It was a really good run and he hit quite well. Usually those go in. I haven’t watched back yet but look at Austins reaction he can’t believe it didn’t go in.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charity park rangers on 19:50 - Mar 13 with 2532 viewsGloryHunter

Charity park rangers on 19:45 - Mar 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

At least he managed to get himself into a position to score. Nobody else did today. It was a really good run and he hit quite well. Usually those go in. I haven’t watched back yet but look at Austins reaction he can’t believe it didn’t go in.

Agree with this.
Charity park rangers on 19:54 - Mar 13 with 2516 viewsstowmarketrange

Unfortunately though he hit it too close to the keeper.It could’ve been a different result if he’d managed to score.
Charity park rangers on 00:35 - Mar 14 with 2216 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I agree with the first part about him getting into position to score but I disagree that it was well struck. Fairly tame effort (albeit with his weaker foot), hit straight at the keeper.

That being said, to even begin to lay the blame for this defeat at his door is harsh to say the least. The team looked jaded and just never got going. Huddersfield were worthy winners.
Charity park rangers on 08:46 - Mar 14 with 2118 viewsdavman

Charity park rangers on 19:37 - Mar 13 by ManinBlack

I think we have a knack of making Huddersfield look good. In their last two home games against us they didn't have to get out of first gear they were so comfortable. They came into today's fixture with just one win in 2021 so we did our bit to double it.

They realised, after that Kane chance that we were never, ever going to break down their defensive shape and the outcome was inevitable from the moment they scored. Bit of a depressive watch from that point forward.

Charlie poor and incredibly isolated and no guile in behind him.

A poor performance all round.

Might have been different if Kane had scored as they would have had to come at us.

We're not very good against organised defences are we? Might explain our away form being better this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 16:55]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charity park rangers on 09:46 - Mar 14 with 2031 viewsMole_Senior

I must have been watching a completely different game to the majority on here! Obviously, deeply disappointed with the defeat and at home and against a team below us! But, and it is a large but, we actually played ok against a very stubborn and well drilled defence.

At times our passing was quick, crisp and into feet (remember Birmingham & Barnsley) and whist I was pulling out my greys when Kane missed that chance, let’s rewind a bit and focus on the great move and interplay leading to it. Now I know ‘sexy football’ won’t win us games but let’s put it into perspective a little; we’re pretty much safe, not a lot to play for, up against a well drilled side scrapping for their lives! Result as inevitable I know, but come on chaps, wasn’t all that bad!
Charity park rangers on 09:47 - Mar 14 with 2029 viewsfrancisbowles

'I think this is going to be really difficult. They haven't played since their morale boosting 0-0 with in form Cardiff on the Friday evening. So eight days rest and planning v our four. If Hogg is back it becomes even harder'

I think this was a major factor in the game. We looked very tired in the second half and could have done with more subs and much earlier. I would have liked three or four as soon as they scored and the fifth with about 10/15 mins left. Ball would have been one of them.
Charity park rangers on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 1919 viewsgazza1

No excuses....we were very average indeed. Kane no worse than most of them. Huddersfield looked ok.

The question that MW needs to get answers for is 'why we so poor and how can we stop it happening so often'.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 11:26]
Charity park rangers on 11:33 - Mar 14 with 1888 viewsPaddyhoops

We we're dog s**t yesterday. We looked second best all over the park.
Well deserved defeat..Still, we move on and I'm sure we'll get something from our next two games.
We're bound to. Millwall and Reading are above us in the leauge not below!!
Charity park rangers on 11:51 - Mar 14 with 1854 viewsstevec

On the upside everybody can now start thinking about their holidays.
Charity park rangers on 12:29 - Mar 14 with 1814 viewsNorthantsHoop

Credit to Huddersfield they handled us pretty well, looked a bit more decisive in their play than us. On Todd Kane, he should have scored, but I think he does much better in the wing back role in away games. Probably due to the narrowness of our pitch, it is very tight and wing play can be difficult, unless you have the technical ability to go past players. An off day for us yesterday, sort of felt the team who scored first would go onto win it. We need to up the intensity a lot against Millwall, as they are usually the land of the giants and will play on their physicality.
Charity park rangers on 15:33 - Mar 14 with 1648 viewsMyke

Charity park rangers on 17:42 - Mar 13 by TacticalR

Eze is gone. The only current player with that ability - Carroll - is injured
Charity park rangers on 15:48 - Mar 14 with 1611 viewsPinnerPaul

Irritating game for me

Their players - Time wasting taken to new depths
Referee - With a couple of over fussy calls re throws ins (Did get added time correct though)
Warburton - Subs a bit slow and unimaginative I thought
Our players - Never looked to play forward enough

No doubt some more irritating posts on here to annoy me, it was a defeat, to a lower placed team, get over it, we have beaten loads of teams above us in the league as have many other teams, so to imply its just us that loses to teams below us/out of form is ludicrous
Charity park rangers on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 1516 viewsdixiedean

Charity park rangers on 09:47 - Mar 14 by francisbowles

'I think this is going to be really difficult. They haven't played since their morale boosting 0-0 with in form Cardiff on the Friday evening. So eight days rest and planning v our four. If Hogg is back it becomes even harder'

I think this was a major factor in the game. We looked very tired in the second half and could have done with more subs and much earlier. I would have liked three or four as soon as they scored and the fifth with about 10/15 mins left. Ball would have been one of them.

Warbs shoots down his own laboured argument about fatigued players when he leaves subs so late .It’s not as if we’d built up a head of steam and looked like scoring so the lack of subs was bewildering. My pet hate is a player’s weaker foot being an excuse. They play football every day so why not practise using it ? To be fair to Kane he does seem to have worked on his crossing which was an obvious Achilles heel .
Charity park rangers on 19:43 - Mar 14 with 1504 viewsOldPedro

Charity park rangers on 15:48 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Irritating game for me

Their players - Time wasting taken to new depths
Referee - With a couple of over fussy calls re throws ins (Did get added time correct though)
Warburton - Subs a bit slow and unimaginative I thought
Our players - Never looked to play forward enough

No doubt some more irritating posts on here to annoy me, it was a defeat, to a lower placed team, get over it, we have beaten loads of teams above us in the league as have many other teams, so to imply its just us that loses to teams below us/out of form is ludicrous

"Referee - With a couple of over fussy calls re throws ins (Did get added time correct though) " - thought he gave them quite a few soft decisions in the 2nd half, the free kick against Dickie and he got conned my Hogg who tripped himself up when Willock pulled out of a challenge. Hogg did spend a minute arguing with the ref at half-time - no idea what for and why the ref let him do it.

Made no difference to the result - we were poor overall

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Charity park rangers on 09:03 - Mar 15 with 1333 viewsgazza1

Charity park rangers on 15:33 - Mar 14 by Myke

Eze is gone. The only current player with that ability - Carroll - is injured

Any evidence of that re Carroll?? saw him pass sideways a lot though!!!

I agree that Eze has left the club!!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 9:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024