Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any excuse 21:51 - Mar 13 with 9040 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56389824
The bored are at it again.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Any excuse on 14:42 - Mar 16 with 783 viewsFlashberryjack

Any excuse on 14:10 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

There are exemptions flash.

They went to court over this and the judge ruled that the Met could speak with the organisers to find a way forward, they chose not to do so.

I'm agreeing with you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any excuse on 14:45 - Mar 16 with 769 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 14:41 - Mar 16 by Flashberryjack

Oh, they moved when an ambulance came, that was good of them.

They are at Westminster because of the current debate.

They weren’t blocking ambulances.

Westminster bridge is frequently the scene of mass gatherings. Even during Civid when restrictions were at their height last April / May.
Any excuse on 14:57 - Mar 16 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Any excuse on 14:41 - Mar 16 by Flashberryjack

Oh, they moved when an ambulance came, that was good of them.

Were the paramedics men?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Any excuse on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 732 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 14:57 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Were the paramedics men?

Why is that remotely relevant?

You seem to have a real problem of understanding the issues.
Any excuse on 15:22 - Mar 16 with 730 viewscontroversial_jack

Any excuse on 15:19 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Why is that remotely relevant?

You seem to have a real problem of understanding the issues.

I hope these superspreaders will be happy when the deaths start to rise next month.Organisers should be fined £10k
Any excuse on 15:38 - Mar 16 with 712 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 15:22 - Mar 16 by controversial_jack

I hope these superspreaders will be happy when the deaths start to rise next month.Organisers should be fined £10k

Why will they start to rise?

The CSA has said that outside gatherings have caused no spread.

Anyway, coming from someone who’s spent the past few months trying to tell people the vaccine is BAD, I think I’ll take any comments from you about Covid deaths with a huge pinch of salt.
Any excuse on 15:38 - Mar 16 with 712 viewsHighjack

Any excuse on 14:45 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

They are at Westminster because of the current debate.

They weren’t blocking ambulances.

Westminster bridge is frequently the scene of mass gatherings. Even during Civid when restrictions were at their height last April / May.

It’s not much of a debate though is it? Any alternative view is immediately shut down with cries of misogyny or some ism. As we speak Davina Mcall is getting all sorts of abuse on twitter (from women ironically) for having the temerity to articulate a perfectly acceptable point.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Any excuse on 15:40 - Mar 16 with 720 viewsKeithHaynes

Any excuse on 13:28 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Guv.You re very quiet on this subject.Is it cos your da bossman.

Deep down I have a feeling I know what you're athinking.

I appreciate fully the disgust that this person did what he is alleged to have done. I also appreciate the uproar and the desire to support the victims and her friends and family. I also understand that people latch on to these situations because of their hatred of the system they live in, the lives they have chosen to live within that system, most only reactionary when something they deem important happens.

I fully support equality at every level, despise hatred and have a history easily located on social media etc. I also support law and order and believe they have once again been left to pick up the pieces, the fall out another excuse to knock the police and the system.

We live in times where a lot of people who don’t possess sufficient intelligence to work out what really is going on in society - and use these demonstrations to make up and create confrontation. They also have mixed in with them seriously good people who are frightened and some terrified for their own personal safety. Hence their participation.

However, there are Covid restrictions and like last years ‘summertime’ trend of pulling down statues the same people will use any situation to become victims themselves, usually because they are too thick to comprehend common decency, or are spoilt selfish individuals with no leadership skills or ability to understand what is going on.

The fact the alleged offender is a police officer ( of less than two years service ) suits many down to the ground. That alone says he isn’t an armed officer and was not in an official capacity as a properly trained diplomatic officer regardless of when he committed these offences. It’s impossible for him to be so. More likely double crewed in a plain car as a spotter for correctly trained response officers. The fact the police have moved quickly using technology and tireless investigative lines of inquiry is lost on many as well.

This young woman died at the hands of a murderer who apparently was employed by the met police, that’s the real issue and to use that to do what has been done so far is shocking. Especially when pandemic rules are being broken to do so.

That’s what I think, rightly or wrongly. But you did ask.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Any excuse on 15:41 - Mar 16 with 706 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 15:38 - Mar 16 by Highjack

It’s not much of a debate though is it? Any alternative view is immediately shut down with cries of misogyny or some ism. As we speak Davina Mcall is getting all sorts of abuse on twitter (from women ironically) for having the temerity to articulate a perfectly acceptable point.

The debate in the Commons today attempting to remove the right of protest with the new powers they are introducing. That’s why they are at Westminster.

This is to do with that - the link with the Sarah Everard situation is only regarding the police refusing to allow peaceful protest at Clapham which is an example of the problem if the new legislation is passed.
Many on here seem very confused...
Any excuse on 15:55 - Mar 16 with 691 viewsHighjack

Any excuse on 15:41 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

The debate in the Commons today attempting to remove the right of protest with the new powers they are introducing. That’s why they are at Westminster.

This is to do with that - the link with the Sarah Everard situation is only regarding the police refusing to allow peaceful protest at Clapham which is an example of the problem if the new legislation is passed.

The protesters seem to be confused too then because they are still on about men and what a bunch of bastards we all are.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Any excuse on 16:08 - Mar 16 with 683 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 15:40 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

I appreciate fully the disgust that this person did what he is alleged to have done. I also appreciate the uproar and the desire to support the victims and her friends and family. I also understand that people latch on to these situations because of their hatred of the system they live in, the lives they have chosen to live within that system, most only reactionary when something they deem important happens.

I fully support equality at every level, despise hatred and have a history easily located on social media etc. I also support law and order and believe they have once again been left to pick up the pieces, the fall out another excuse to knock the police and the system.

We live in times where a lot of people who don’t possess sufficient intelligence to work out what really is going on in society - and use these demonstrations to make up and create confrontation. They also have mixed in with them seriously good people who are frightened and some terrified for their own personal safety. Hence their participation.

However, there are Covid restrictions and like last years ‘summertime’ trend of pulling down statues the same people will use any situation to become victims themselves, usually because they are too thick to comprehend common decency, or are spoilt selfish individuals with no leadership skills or ability to understand what is going on.

The fact the alleged offender is a police officer ( of less than two years service ) suits many down to the ground. That alone says he isn’t an armed officer and was not in an official capacity as a properly trained diplomatic officer regardless of when he committed these offences. It’s impossible for him to be so. More likely double crewed in a plain car as a spotter for correctly trained response officers. The fact the police have moved quickly using technology and tireless investigative lines of inquiry is lost on many as well.

This young woman died at the hands of a murderer who apparently was employed by the met police, that’s the real issue and to use that to do what has been done so far is shocking. Especially when pandemic rules are being broken to do so.

‘ The fact the alleged offender is a police officer ( of less than two years service ) suits many down to the ground. That alone says he isn’t an armed officer’

Not that’s it’s relevant, but the two years bit is when he transferred to the Met.

He was previously Kent Police and Civil Nuclear Constabulary where he did firearms training While at Dungeness.

I agree with some of what you have said, but the reality Keith is the Met really are not covering themselves with glory. The culture is horrific amongst some members. Yet again we’ve had an officer now found to have circulated abhorrent social media messages about this case (put on a desk job - why not instantly bloody sacked). Two officers taking selfies last year with the murdered bodies of two sisters - still in post. Many officers I’m sure are good and fine people, but there are some really horrific stories emerging on an almost weekly basis up here of what some of them are up to.

The reason a peaceful vigil scheduled for Saturday was highjacked by agitators, anti lockdown protestors and the ACAB mob, was because it was allowed to happen by the appalling misjudgement of the Met. Cressida Dick had ample opportunity to ensure it went off with zero fuss, and yet chose not to do so. The combination of her and Patel is truly concerning.

And I’m as far away from an agitator as it’s possible to be. If middle aged, professional women like me are viewing the police with mistrust and, in some cases, contempt, you know something’s going badly wrong.
Any excuse on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 678 viewslondonlisa2001

Any excuse on 15:55 - Mar 16 by Highjack

The protesters seem to be confused too then because they are still on about men and what a bunch of bastards we all are.

The two have become intertwined as I said due to the events of Saturday.

But the protests at Westminster are as a result of the new bill being debated this week. Saturday gave an example of the problem, hence why it’s now being used as an example.

At all of these protests there are all sorts. The anti lockdown people are there, Extinction Rebellion, Reclaim the Streets, the brexit and anti brexit people. It’s all protesting at them attempting to remove the right of protest. It was planned ages ago.
Any excuse on 16:26 - Mar 16 with 670 viewsHighjack

Any excuse on 16:14 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

The two have become intertwined as I said due to the events of Saturday.

But the protests at Westminster are as a result of the new bill being debated this week. Saturday gave an example of the problem, hence why it’s now being used as an example.

At all of these protests there are all sorts. The anti lockdown people are there, Extinction Rebellion, Reclaim the Streets, the brexit and anti brexit people. It’s all protesting at them attempting to remove the right of protest. It was planned ages ago.

I never thought I’d say this but perhaps these tenuous protests should be curtailed a bit. It’s getting out of control. There are protests about some sort of nonsense almost on a daily basis from one of the many groups including the ones you just named. Must be a huge cost to police these things as well as the effect on the local area and it’s businesses. Protests used to mean something. Now when there’s loads everyday people just tend to sigh “not another one”.

Any excuse on 16:50 - Mar 16 with 657 viewscontroversial_jack

Any excuse on 15:38 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

Why will they start to rise?

The CSA has said that outside gatherings have caused no spread.

Anyway, coming from someone who’s spent the past few months trying to tell people the vaccine is BAD, I think I’ll take any comments from you about Covid deaths with a huge pinch of salt.

Any large gathering will result in spreading the virus. whoever said they won't is an idiot. The Cheltenham races, the Rugby and football matches all spread the virus..The clue being, they are illegal.Not a difficult concept to grasp for most people
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 16:53]
Any excuse on 16:54 - Mar 16 with 660 viewsonehunglow

Any excuse on 15:40 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

I did and thanks for that.

Would you join the service now, if you were "young"

Any excuse on 17:43 - Mar 16 with 631 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Leaving aside my thoughts on the issues raised by the vigil, the policing on Saturday night was a disgrace for several reasons:

a) The optics of primarily male Met police officers strong-arming a group of primarily young women protesting the death of a young woman at the hands of a Male Met police officer are terrible. Yes, the police were put in an awkward position by the Covid laws BUT...
b)There is a brazen double standard at play- some protests have been largely facilitated in the Covid era (BLM) whilst others (this one, anti-lockdown protests) have been dispersed by force. We can't have 2 tier policing where some issues are deemed 'important enough', others not.
c) Outside spread of Covid-19 is vanishingly unlikely, certainly any large scale outbreak resulting from this gathering borderline impossible, especially with case numbers in the population at large so low. The science on this is crystal clear but all the public hears on the TV is nonsense about whether joggers should wear masks.
d) Freedom of assembly and freedom of protest are cornerstones of our democracy and should not be indefinitely postponed with 'but the pandemic' as an excuse given we know the above^, especially when organisers did attempt to take steps to adhere to Covid-safe protocols etc.

I understand people's frustration seeing large gatherings when they're told they cant even meet a handful of family & friends outside. The problem to my mind is Covid restrictions that are needlessly draconian in relation to outside activity, not young women who want to demonstrate for a cause they consider to be important and one that is very often is deeply personal.
Any excuse on 18:07 - Mar 16 with 617 viewsonehunglow

My view
We have had he worst pandemic in our lifetime
We have rules to stop it's spread .
We have countless people still ignoring,many as they see them as an attack on personal freedom-BY BEING FORCED TO WEAR A MASK.
People have been demonstrating against a lockdown;there was a major confrontation in The Hague recently. Police take a different view there and hammer them.We don't no matter what some think. The Dutch police do not ask questions nor take a backward step.
We do not have anything like a police state ;the very opposite where flagrant law breaking ,if politically expedient, is tolerated.

150,000 have died .Think about that. We still face a battle go get our people to accept things have changed. "Born to be free" does not mean anarchy.This is what many want.

That demo was taken over by activists and they need shaming because these are the sort of people that use a murder to fire up police hatred .

I feel for the family of the girl.

F'arking the Police isn't going to help anyone.

I am no facist but my views will be seen as such to which I see,Born to be free ,too.

We either have laws or not. If we have them ,enforce them

For once I actually feel for Cressida Dick.

Any excuse on 18:15 - Mar 16 with 607 viewsKeithHaynes

Any excuse on 16:54 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

I did and thanks for that.

Would you join the service now, if you were "young"

Not a chance.

Any excuse on 18:19 - Mar 16 with 599 viewsonehunglow

Any excuse on 18:15 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Not a chance.

And I feel the same.
My son in law is ARV Interceptor and early 40s.He cannot wait to get out as he is a brilliant thief taker and still likes to defend the public from the serious shyte we know ruin live of good people.

The Police pension itself ha been ripped asunder by Teresa May who stated the Police were not a special case-to which I say,they should have the right,like any other employee,including FireFighters to withdraw labour.

It would be a kind of a trial for abolishing them as some want.

Any excuse on 18:20 - Mar 16 with 598 viewsKeithHaynes

Any excuse on 18:19 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

And I feel the same.
My son in law is ARV Interceptor and early 40s.He cannot wait to get out as he is a brilliant thief taker and still likes to defend the public from the serious shyte we know ruin live of good people.

The Police pension itself ha been ripped asunder by Teresa May who stated the Police were not a special case-to which I say,they should have the right,like any other employee,including FireFighters to withdraw labour.

People forget coppers pay in to their pension up to 14.5%.

Any excuse on 18:31 - Mar 16 with 585 viewsFlashberryjack

Any excuse on 15:41 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

I am somewhat confused, because I thought it was a silent/candlelit vigil for Sarah Everard, but you're now saying it was a peaceful protest (although the footage I saw was anything but peaceful).

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any excuse on 18:35 - Mar 16 with 583 viewsmajorraglan

Any excuse on 18:19 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

And I feel the same.

It’s a fair comment about being able to withdraw labour.

When it comes to things like pay rises, the RCN, Police Federation, Judges make submissions, the employers make submissions and then it goes to a review panel who make a recommendation. If the Government decide not to honour that recommendation, then the people affected should have the right to withdraw their labour as they have no other form of redress. The alternative is that the decision of the pay review panel is binding on all parties.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:37]
Any excuse on 18:36 - Mar 16 with 574 viewsHighjack

Any excuse on 18:31 - Mar 16 by Flashberryjack

I am somewhat confused, because I thought it was a silent/candlelit vigil for Sarah Everard, but you're now saying it was a peaceful protest (although the footage I saw was anything but peaceful).

Everyone is confused apart from Lisa. It is quite simple. The protest at Westminster is nothing to do with the Sarah Everard vigil. But they are both entwined. The abuse Davina Mcall is getting from women and the calls to cancel her for daring to voice her opinion is irrelevant and should be dismissed because the debate is around the powers to cancel protests which is why the protesters are shouting “f*ck the police” and waving banners calling men a bunch of bastards. It really could not be more simple.

Any excuse on 18:43 - Mar 16 with 571 viewsCatullus

Any excuse on 18:20 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

People forget coppers pay in to their pension up to 14.5%.

The people we trust to protect us (police) and to save us (Ambulance, Fire brigade etc) should have decent pensions. The people who decide what pensions they can get are all on gold plated pensions. They get resettlement granst and severance pay too, that's after we've bought their £second homes" for them.
They lie and cheat and steal all while telling the rest of us how to behave then they leave politics and take very well paid jobs using the connections built up whilst in politics.

The police have been screwed over for years now. They've had PC leaders foisted on them, people like Cressida Dick. These leaders tell lower ranks what to do then throw the Constables onto the bonfire when things go wrong. The rank and File police deserve better. The people at the top are more like politicians in blue uniforms than police.

This vigil should have been handled differently and the person with ultimate responsibility should face the firing squad. I don't doubt she had a say in this thing.
Ironic really that a vigil about female safety goes awry at the hands of Dick and Patel, the women in charge.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Any excuse on 18:46 - Mar 16 with 563 viewsonehunglow

Any excuse on 18:35 - Mar 16 by majorraglan

It’s a fair comment about being able to withdraw labour.

When it comes to things like pay rises, the RCN, Police Federation, Judges make submissions, the employers make submissions and then it goes to a review panel who make a recommendation. If the Government decide not to honour that recommendation, then the people affected should have the right to withdraw their labour as they have no other form of redress. The alternative is that the decision of the pay review panel is binding on all parties.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:37]

I was considered during my service a maverick,awkward,difficult,disrespectful and worse, lefty/commie/anti royalist. One of my promotion boards had the famous/infamous Alison Halford,another awkward ,difficult woman whose story is worth reading.The old bird is still at it in NE Wales.he loved me ,whilst others hated me.

I went to a PF conference to lobby Ken Clarke for such right and we got nowhere as most police officers didnt want it. Not sure now because successive Tory administrations have shafted them and I think they would see things differently.

If they are different -and they are-their pay and conditions should be just that.

I don't think Fire fighters should have the right to strike whilst Police do not.

We are seeing Police officers pyssed on,sh'at on and gobbed on anf they are expected to take it.

It shames us all

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024