Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PIC is the new HR 11:19 - Mar 16 with 2617 viewsJuzzie

Found out today that Human Resources has now been renamed as the PIC Dept (People, Inclusion & Culture).

Has anyone else had the same?

PIC is the new HR on 11:25 - Mar 16 with 2592 viewsTheChef

Personnel innit?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

PIC is the new HR on 11:28 - Mar 16 with 2583 viewsJuzzie

PIC is the new HR on 11:25 - Mar 16 by TheChef

Personnel innit?

yeah, I remember when it was.

How I see it is that a 'Personnel Dept' was very much about the person (hence the name).
Then it switched to 'Human Resources' and it felt the shift had swung to being about protecting the company interests, not the staff.
Now it's PIC, I wonder if it means it's shifted back again to being pro-staff?
PIC is the new HR on 11:29 - Mar 16 with 2571 viewstoboboly

PIC is the new HR on 11:28 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

How I see it is that a 'Personnel Dept' was very much about the person (hence the name).
Then it switched to 'Human Resources' and it felt the shift had swung to being about protecting the company interests, not the staff.

Doubt it, sounds like a change for changes sake.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

PIC is the new HR on 11:31 - Mar 16 with 2556 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 11:29 - Mar 16 by toboboly

Doubt it, sounds like a change for changes sake.

Removed the word 'human'.

I for one welcome our robot overlords (and hope they are inclusive and cultural).

PIC is the new HR on 13:08 - Mar 16 with 2380 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Inclusion and Culture? Is that Zoom pub quizes?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

PIC is the new HR on 13:33 - Mar 16 with 2318 viewsDorse

Culture? Well, that's me fcuked then.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

PIC is the new HR on 14:33 - Mar 16 with 2238 viewsR_from_afar

In our company, it's POC (people, operations and culture). The "operations" bit relates to when they micro chip us

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

PIC is the new HR on 14:49 - Mar 16 with 2213 viewsEastR

I was going to post something on the random irritations thread yesterday, but given the subject matter here is probably more timely and relevant

This week I’m attending a workshop on Inclusion — 2 whole days, compulsory training.
I had an idea it might be challenging (you can imagine some of the topics up for discussion), and it started with us being requested to edit our names on Zoom with our preferred pronouns (he/him etc)

Who knew Cissexism was a thing, an example of a systemic oppression?

I’m in personnel purgatory this week

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

PIC is the new HR on 15:04 - Mar 16 with 2182 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 14:49 - Mar 16 by EastR

I was going to post something on the random irritations thread yesterday, but given the subject matter here is probably more timely and relevant

This week I’m attending a workshop on Inclusion — 2 whole days, compulsory training.
I had an idea it might be challenging (you can imagine some of the topics up for discussion), and it started with us being requested to edit our names on Zoom with our preferred pronouns (he/him etc)

You had Djibril on the call?

PIC is the new HR on 15:06 - Mar 16 with 2180 viewsMetallica_Hoop

PIC is the new HR on 14:49 - Mar 16 by EastR

I'd have gone 'kin mental.

I don't think anyone in my company would try and sign me up to something like that, they know what would invariably happen.

"Whats do you mean Generaloberst is not a pronoun?"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

PIC is the new HR on 15:16 - Mar 16 with 2158 viewsPlanetHonneywood

PIC is the new HR on 11:28 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

As an employment lawyer, let me tell you the first, second and last focus of an employer’s HR department is the employer’s interests.

Be that: trying to reduce liability by teaching its staff not to tell bawdy jokes or touch other people’s private parts; protecting itself from liability by being able to plead, ‘well we told Ms. Jones not to grab Mr. Smith’s member; and to ensure the culture extracts every ounce of your abilities to maximise profits.

Like that other great myth, the CSR department, they all come down to what they deliver for the bottom line!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

PIC is the new HR on 15:18 - Mar 16 with 2152 viewskensalriser

I imagine the culture means corporate culture rather than art, literature and music.

As a hand-wringing liberal I should probably support this sort of thing but the cynic in me suspects it's a load of tokenistic bollocks that's all about the spectacle of the company presenting a caring modern image, while still treating staff like arseholes and enabling corporate and individual bullying as normal.

Edit: confirmed by Mr H above!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 15:20]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

PIC is the new HR on 15:22 - Mar 16 with 2138 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 15:16 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

As an employment lawyer, let me tell you the first, second and last focus of an employer’s HR department is the employer’s interests.

Be that: trying to reduce liability by teaching its staff not to tell bawdy jokes or touch other people’s private parts; protecting itself from liability by being able to plead, ‘well we told Ms. Jones not to grab Mr. Smith’s member; and to ensure the culture extracts every ounce of your abilities to maximise profits.

Like that other great myth, the CSR department, they all come down to what they deliver for the bottom line!

I'm on my company's employee representative group, and I agree with every word of that.

Not to say that our HR doesn't do some good things, but it's definitely focused on protecting the employer!

PIC is the new HR on 15:42 - Mar 16 with 2106 viewscolinallcars

I was watching University Challenge with the wife other night which I alway do as I tend to get most of the questions right (ahem), when I noticed that BC (Before Christ), is now BCE. I had to look this up and It's Before Current Era. Is this political correctness or another reason ?
PIC is the new HR on 15:49 - Mar 16 with 2090 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 15:42 - Mar 16 by colinallcars

I was watching University Challenge with the wife other night which I alway do as I tend to get most of the questions right (ahem), when I noticed that BC (Before Christ), is now BCE. I had to look this up and It's Before Current Era. Is this political correctness or another reason ?

It's been around for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

PIC is the new HR on 16:15 - Mar 16 with 2063 viewsJuzzie

PIC is the new HR on 15:49 - Mar 16 by TheChef

It's been around for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

Been around a while maybe but not in common usage. I bet it's now been brought to the fore to avoid offending anyone because we now live in MMCOA (2nd Millenium, can't offend anyone)
Although maybe MM can't be used anymore incase it offends anyone who has a chocolate allergy?
In fact, let's just abolish language altogether and then no one will be offended. Then without the ability to communicate the human, sorry.... huperson, species will die out. Probably not a bad thing the way we're going.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 16:19]
PIC is the new HR on 16:20 - Mar 16 with 2040 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 16:15 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

Been around a while maybe but not in common usage. I bet it's now been brought to the fore to avoid offending anyone because we now live in MMCOA (2nd Millenium, can't offend anyone)
Although maybe MM can't be used anymore incase it offends anyone who has a chocolate allergy?
In fact, let's just abolish language altogether and then no one will be offended. Then without the ability to communicate the human, sorry.... huperson, species will die out. Probably not a bad thing the way we're going.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 16:19]

Why do you think emojis have become so popular? ;)

PIC is the new HR on 17:41 - Mar 16 with 1959 viewsPlanetHonneywood

PIC is the new HR on 15:42 - Mar 16 by colinallcars

Out of interest, what’s AD? Now...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

PIC is the new HR on 17:41 - Mar 16 with 1958 viewsTheChef

PIC is the new HR on 17:41 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Common Era.

PIC is the new HR on 18:07 - Mar 16 with 1912 viewsEastR

PIC is the new HR on 17:41 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

CE, Common Era - the new kid on the block since 1708

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

PIC is the new HR on 20:21 - Mar 16 with 1797 viewsBlackCrowe

In our company, they're referred to as Human Remains.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024