Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? 09:07 - Mar 21 with 2045 viewsbosh67

I am starting to suspect that we've actually secretly gone to some expense to give Leighton Baines a cosmetic surgery overhaul and taken 5 years off him to make him look like Lee Wallace?

His awareness, stamina, 'pace' (where did that come from) and ability to cut a ball back from goal side of defenders is impressive. Fair play to the guy. I really thought he was spent but he appears to be fully fit now and doing a very passable impression of Leighton Baines. If it isn't indeed Leighton Baines filling in?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:16 - Mar 21 with 1753 viewsPaddyhoops

Proved me wrong in the last few weeks .
Fair play to you Lee!!
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:19 - Mar 21 with 1736 viewsMedwayR

I’m still scarred from the days of Hoilett & Traore, the sceptic in me can’t help but find it suspicious that he suddenly finds form as his contract is coming to an end.

Poll: Who’s better?

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:25 - Mar 21 with 1698 viewsgazza1

The lad is a proper team player and has many good qualities and I have always been supportive of him.......he is a decent player and the best LB(??) in the club and has been for a long while despite the many negative comments about him and saying Niko is much better-he is not currently a better overall player than Wallace.

I know people think I go against the trend regarding players ability but Wallace has critics who now need to review their thoughts on him. People just do not know what an asset he is to the Club.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 1688 viewsShotKneesHoop

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:19 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

I’m still scarred from the days of Hoilett & Traore, the sceptic in me can’t help but find it suspicious that he suddenly finds form as his contract is coming to an end.

I'm pretty pleased if thats the case, It's more than we ever got from the likes of R'SWiPe in the Redknobb days.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 1688 viewsterryb

Perhaps the improvement is due to him finally being clear of injuries? It may also be that the system we are playing suits his style better?

I'm just pleased to see him perform like this at the moment.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:31 - Mar 21 with 1672 viewsdmm

And the big question is, does the club give him a contract extension?

He's certainly improved and can put in a good performance. But, he'll be 34 when the new season starts and for me, bringing in new fullbacks on both sides should be a priority.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:52 - Mar 21 with 1597 viewsngbqpr

He’s looking great going forward tbf (two assists from the bye line in 4 days - are you watching Todd “13 mill” Kane?)

But still gets caught defensively more than is ideal. How many free kicks does he concede near our box? “Foul from Lee Wallace” must be four of Nick London’s most used words.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:52 - Mar 21 with 1591 viewsgazza1

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:31 - Mar 21 by dmm

And the big question is, does the club give him a contract extension?

He's certainly improved and can put in a good performance. But, he'll be 34 when the new season starts and for me, bringing in new fullbacks on both sides should be a priority.

He will get offered a new contract....it is whether it is right for him.

Bringing in a goalscorer is far more important!!! We currently have 2 RB/2 LB so we are covered from a FB angle.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 9:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:54 - Mar 21 with 1587 viewsOldPedro

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 09:52 - Mar 21 by ngbqpr

He’s looking great going forward tbf (two assists from the bye line in 4 days - are you watching Todd “13 mill” Kane?)

But still gets caught defensively more than is ideal. How many free kicks does he concede near our box? “Foul from Lee Wallace” must be four of Nick London’s most used words.

I think sometimes he gets too close to the attacker, tiny bit of contact and they fall over - ref's give a free kick for a nothing challenge.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 10:04 - Mar 21 with 1522 viewsbakerloo8

Playing well is Wallace and good luck to him.
His upturn in form could be due to him being free of injuries or it could be the whole last year contract issues that we've been stung on in the past.
I'd offer another contract, but on reduced terms based on the fact hes likely to be a back up support player. Obvious it appears he is a good egg and a good pro, never bad to have these players at the club (take note Todd Kane).
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 10:34 - Mar 21 with 1440 viewsMyke

I have no problem giving him a one year extension. He is a good 'old head' to have around the place, similar to Rangell and he has earned the right for another year.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 10:49 - Mar 21 with 1402 viewsLongsufferingR

He was excellent yesterday. The run and set up for Johansen should have been rewarded with another goal. I think a lot of the criticism has been down to the fact that he doesn't look like a footballer or athlete (bear with me on this). He looks a bit awkward when he runs, and his stiff, upright posture can make it look like we have Basil Fawlty playing on the wing, but there's no lack of talent, and by all accounts the leadership and mentoring qualities are top notch as well.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 11:15 - Mar 21 with 1339 viewsngbqpr

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 10:49 - Mar 21 by LongsufferingR

He was excellent yesterday. The run and set up for Johansen should have been rewarded with another goal. I think a lot of the criticism has been down to the fact that he doesn't look like a footballer or athlete (bear with me on this). He looks a bit awkward when he runs, and his stiff, upright posture can make it look like we have Basil Fawlty playing on the wing, but there's no lack of talent, and by all accounts the leadership and mentoring qualities are top notch as well.

"We've got Basil Fawlty on the wing
We've got Basil Fawlty on the wing
Ba-sil, Basil Fawlty
Basil Faw-lty on the wing!"

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 12:06 - Mar 21 with 1249 viewsTacticalR

A big difference is the passes he is receiving.

Previously he was receiving the ball from Chair when he was stuck in the corner, marked by opposition players, and there wasn't much space to do anything.

Against Bristol City Willock gave Wallace something to work with, in the first half by passing the ball between two Bristol City players on the left for Wallace to run on to, and in the second half by passing back to him with a bit of space on the left, which Wallace then crossed to Chair.

Yesterday against Reading Chair passed Wallace a ball to run on to, which led to the Dykes goal.

Air hostess clique

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 12:19 - Mar 21 with 1211 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll happily admit to being one who thought his legs had gone earlier in the season as he looked like he was towing a caravan up and down the left. His turnaround has been excellent, be surprised if he doesn’t get another year. As has been said above, a good old head to have in the changing room also.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:08 - Mar 21 with 1132 viewsLazyFan

If he keeps playing like that he will deserve another year on a wage which is very high. However I suspect we shall go with a new LB. As they have seen if you spend the big monies on talent like Dickie you can get an amazing player who is young and valuable as a possible sell on.

We can see with the obvious one that Fields will replace Cameron. Already Warbs loves him. BFD has shown that he can be an important player too.

We shall buy another striker as well, I doubt Chaz will come. Fulham/Newcastle, Forest, Bristol City beckons for Chaz for next season. The captain of Norway will be too expensive but if Fulham stay up we may get him on a season loan.

zzzzzzzzzz

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:34 - Mar 21 with 1066 viewsgazza1

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:08 - Mar 21 by LazyFan

If he keeps playing like that he will deserve another year on a wage which is very high. However I suspect we shall go with a new LB. As they have seen if you spend the big monies on talent like Dickie you can get an amazing player who is young and valuable as a possible sell on.

We can see with the obvious one that Fields will replace Cameron. Already Warbs loves him. BFD has shown that he can be an important player too.

We shall buy another striker as well, I doubt Chaz will come. Fulham/Newcastle, Forest, Bristol City beckons for Chaz for next season. The captain of Norway will be too expensive but if Fulham stay up we may get him on a season loan.

Wow......some proper statements there. I dare not comment!!!
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:41 - Mar 21 with 1044 viewsToast_R

He was really awful at the start of the season but whatever hes been doing since January has been working a treat.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:51 - Mar 21 with 1020 viewsplasmahoop

Hes playing really well. I love the moves weve got now down the left, playing that killer ball down the six yard line or penalty box edge withh wallace arriving to do the pull back. Sexy football. Adding that to our slightly more rugged, no nonsense edge and scary bastards like de wijs is a very encouraging combination.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 1007 viewsw7r

That’s it! I knew he reminded me of someone but couldn’t put my finger on it.

LW & LB never seen together in the same room.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 14:18 - Mar 21 with 961 viewsAntti_Heinola

There were signs early last year of this sort of form, but then it went away a bit and Manning got back in, but I'm very surprised with how well he is playing now. I think the old 'legs have gone' thing is a lot of meaningless nonsense (we were told Johansen's 'legs have gone' 2 months ago. Ha ha) - he's benefiting from being injury free AND having a sustained run in the side for the first time since he joined. Seems to be loving thewing back role. Long may it continue.

Bare bones.

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 14:31 - Mar 21 with 918 viewsdistortR

Karl made a good point in a previous Wallace discussion about how little football the fella has played in the last few years, for one reason or another. Now he's getting up to proper fitness, we're reaping the benefits. Fair do's.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 15:23 - Mar 21 with 831 viewsqprphil

I'd say he has earned another deal, age is just a number. I'm sure the deal were it to be offered would be on more reduced terms.
Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 15:57 - Mar 21 with 767 viewspaulparker

He has done ok the last few months but as for a new deal, no thanks
We need to be looking around for a lot better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is this Lee Wallace an imposter? on 17:05 - Mar 21 with 718 viewsTGRRRSSS

With the ongoing spectre of Covid - I have a suspicion we won't all be back in August, I'd be looking around at who might be available and what deals are to be had, especially when you factor in age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024