Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International break 11:57 - Mar 23 with 8102 viewsfrancisbowles

Just seen on the offy that they are cramming 3 games into the International break for Scotland and Finland. I hope that MW has been all over the Scotland manager, persuading him not to play Lyndon in all three again.

Last time they did this he came back knackered, missed the first two games after the 'break' and this could have been an instigator of his patchy form and goal drought.
International break on 12:44 - Mar 23 with 4605 viewsaston_hoop

They've got Che Adams now so hopefully that takes the heat off Dykes being the key striker. Either that or they end up playing together.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

International break on 13:28 - Mar 23 with 4522 viewsMyke

I agree, he was never quite the same after that first International break when he came back knackered. It would be typical if the same thing happened just when he is rediscovering him form and goal touch.
International break on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 4496 viewsToast_R

Are they all WC Qualifiers though?

If so, probably want their strongest team for all three. Not as though QPR have got much riding on the last few matches.
International break on 17:25 - Mar 23 with 4311 viewsOldPedro

International break on 13:34 - Mar 23 by Toast_R

Are they all WC Qualifiers though?

If so, probably want their strongest team for all three. Not as though QPR have got much riding on the last few matches.

Scotland's 3 games are all WC qualifiers, Finland have 2 qualifiers and a friendly, Senegal have 2 African Nations Cup qualifiers

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/international-rs-super-seny-earns-senegal-c

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

International break on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 4295 viewssimmo

Yeah you would hope with Adams included the onus isn't on him to play every minute, especially after a punishing schedule which I'm sure our medical staff will make Scotland aware of. Also we're less reliant on Dykes if he does come back tired - with the likes of Willock and Chair having a full break and able to fill in.

It is a shame though that just as he's finding his feet he's having to take a break, hopefully he maintains the form with them and brings it back firing - he's certainly got more to prove in the next few months than most people in our team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

International break on 18:41 - Mar 23 with 4193 viewsTGRRRSSS

How many players have we got going to international sides?

Dykes will need a break I guess, but those staying here, good chance to get their breath back and relax for the run into end of season.
International break on 09:41 - Mar 24 with 4027 viewsfrancisbowles

Scotland play their second match in Israel on Sunday, then their third at home on the Wednesday evening and we play on the Friday afternoon, about 43 hours later.

Extreme madness, in this really bonkers season.

Hopefully, they will release him after the Israel game.
International break on 09:47 - Mar 24 with 4017 viewsMaggsinho

International break on 18:41 - Mar 23 by TGRRRSSS

How many players have we got going to international sides?

Dykes will need a break I guess, but those staying here, good chance to get their breath back and relax for the run into end of season.

Three I think; Dykes, Seny and Niko.
Login to get fewer ads

International break on 13:42 - Mar 24 with 3905 viewsterryb

International break on 09:47 - Mar 24 by Maggsinho

Surely Stefan will be as well?
International break on 14:05 - Mar 24 with 3872 viewsWegerles_Stairs

International break on 13:42 - Mar 24 by terryb

Surely Stefan will be as well?

He's retired from internationals. Todd Kane has been called up by Brazil though.
International break on 14:12 - Mar 24 with 3864 viewsaston_hoop

Ozzy Kakay is not in the Sierra Leone squad so he should be fit and ready in April. Rumours they tried to call up Todd Kane instead of him are so far unproven.

International break on 15:48 - Mar 24 with 3795 viewsSK_hoops

International break on 14:12 - Mar 24 by aston_hoop

Ozzy Kakay is not in the Sierra Leone squad so he should be fit and ready in April. Rumours they tried to call up Todd Kane instead of him are so far unproven.

They actually did, but he missed the phone call as his fingers were in his ears.
International break on 00:49 - Mar 25 with 3650 viewsBoston

International break on 09:47 - Mar 24 by Maggsinho

Shite, down voted ya, not sure how that happened as I’m bolloxed drunk.

Joy, I remembered that I could up vote ya, we’re all square.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 1:08]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

International break on 09:52 - Mar 25 with 3491 viewsGloryHunter

International break on 00:49 - Mar 25 by Boston

Shite, down voted ya, not sure how that happened as I’m bolloxed drunk.

Joy, I remembered that I could up vote ya, we’re all square.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 1:08]

What does up and down voting actually achieve? I've often wondered.
International break on 18:34 - Mar 25 with 3325 viewsaston_hoop

Dykes staring tonight v Austria

International break on 19:42 - Mar 25 with 3286 viewspaulparker

Had the misfortune to watch the under 21 game this afternoon
How the the flying fcuk is hoofroyd managing our best young players ? I wouldn’t have him managing our local eleven , we got knocked out of the last tournament despite having Maddison , foden, Abraham, Mount in the team and he is doing the same again with smith -Rowe, Eze etc ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

International break on 19:47 - Mar 25 with 3273 viewsRog

International break on 19:42 - Mar 25 by paulparker

Had the misfortune to watch the under 21 game this afternoon
How the the flying fcuk is hoofroyd managing our best young players ? I wouldn’t have him managing our local eleven , we got knocked out of the last tournament despite having Maddison , foden, Abraham, Mount in the team and he is doing the same again with smith -Rowe, Eze etc ,

It's the rules. All England managers must be shite.
International break on 20:05 - Mar 25 with 3265 viewsMalintabuk

Well took 12 mins to score and 16 mins for San Marino to get in our half.... wonder if we could have gone for another CH as rush goalie just to make a point in what a waste of time these games arec
International break on 20:14 - Mar 25 with 3248 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't think Pope has touched the ball yet.
International break on 20:17 - Mar 25 with 3234 viewsTGRRRSSS

QPR's very own.

3-0
International break on 20:19 - Mar 25 with 3227 viewsMalintabuk

Never really understood the logic behind the age old argument concerning this cannon fodder.... that by playing better teams it will improve the lesser teams.
It must be totally disheartening to have a new one ripped out of you everytime you.play....
International break on 20:23 - Mar 25 with 3214 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not sure it does in many ways it depends how it happens but for SAn Marino, Andorra etc it'll be 1 in 1000's.

Look at Italy in rugby they have improved but not against the very best
International break on 20:30 - Mar 25 with 3195 viewsMalintabuk

Rugby though have a great chance I feel the do something positive. I would create 2 European leagues. Start with the home nations and France in the 1st and have countries like Italy Romania etc in the 2nd. Have promotion and relegation and I feel that would give the game for the lesser countries a real impetus.
They most like will develop better than the format is now where Italy is basically cannon fodderc
International break on 20:53 - Mar 25 with 3152 viewsstowmarketrange

International break on 20:30 - Mar 25 by Malintabuk

Rugby though have a great chance I feel the do something positive. I would create 2 European leagues. Start with the home nations and France in the 1st and have countries like Italy Romania etc in the 2nd. Have promotion and relegation and I feel that would give the game for the lesser countries a real impetus.
They most like will develop better than the format is now where Italy is basically cannon fodderc

Italy have beaten every 6 nations country except England,although their last win was a while ago.And I think it’s the away trip that most home nations fans look forward to.
It’s almost impossible to get tickets for the majority of the games,except the Italy away game.And it is a great weekend away for less than the price I’d pay for a ticket at Twickenham.

But they shouldn’t really be in the 6 nations with the big 5.They would be better off playing Georgia,Romania and the smaller European rugby countries.
International break on 21:29 - Mar 25 with 3112 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Great overhead kick for the Scots there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024