Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum tonight 17:07 - Mar 23 with 8555 viewsNorthernr

Tonight, 7pm, doesn't seem to have been publicised much or attracted any attention, but I'll do the usual write up afterwards. Details here, use this thread etc...

Fans forum tonight on 18:24 - Mar 23 with 3722 viewspaulhoop2

Could you ask about the pressure in the ellerslie road toilets ??

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Fans forum tonight on 19:48 - Mar 23 with 3540 viewsbosh67

They've been very straight on this to be fair. If we can afford players we will keep them. If not we can't. It really is about sustainability at the moment. Unless the owners decide to buy a swimming pool on the non football accounts sheet called Charlie Austin.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fans forum tonight on 20:03 - Mar 23 with 3492 viewsQPROslo

Fans forum tonight on 19:48 - Mar 23 by bosh67

They've been very straight on this to be fair. If we can afford players we will keep them. If not we can't. It really is about sustainability at the moment. Unless the owners decide to buy a swimming pool on the non football accounts sheet called Charlie Austin.

Or Austin could be the Company Car
Fans forum tonight on 20:10 - Mar 23 with 3463 viewsHoopstar

Splash out on a couple condos in Texas
Fans forum tonight on 20:12 - Mar 23 with 3446 viewsNorthernr

Tip for the future. Watch without the comments. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus christ. Lee mentioned vaccine passports in passing, ten minutes of "wewll thaaaaaagggghts me done after 47 years of support".
Fans forum tonight on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 3435 viewsdmm

Lee Hoos was pretty blunt about a new stadium at the Linford Christie site. It's LC or bust. No contingency plan because there is nowhere else to go.
Fans forum tonight on 20:15 - Mar 23 with 3427 viewsdenhamhoop2

Quite enjoyed it as always Lee Hoos is a little patronising but do understand where he comes from with some of the questioning. Now following his admission that basically no moral compass will be used when searching for new sponsors sadly not allowed to have Alcohol or Cigarette companies who would be our most abhorrent sponsor possible. I put forward Wells Fargo does anyone else have any other suggestions
Fans forum tonight on 20:18 - Mar 23 with 3395 viewsRangersw12

Les doesn't seem to rate under 23 football so wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of that soon

We already have the B team in place
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum tonight on 20:19 - Mar 23 with 3389 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum tonight on 20:15 - Mar 23 by denhamhoop2

Quite enjoyed it as always Lee Hoos is a little patronising but do understand where he comes from with some of the questioning. Now following his admission that basically no moral compass will be used when searching for new sponsors sadly not allowed to have Alcohol or Cigarette companies who would be our most abhorrent sponsor possible. I put forward Wells Fargo does anyone else have any other suggestions

Lee Hoos is far more patient at these things than I would be. You've got the three people running the club there, the manager of the team, we get them once a year, and somebody in all seriousness is asking them about how the single sign in works on the official website. Like base fcking level IT support question. That sort of sht deserves to be patronised.
Fans forum tonight on 20:24 - Mar 23 with 3346 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fans forum tonight on 20:25 - Mar 23 with 3342 viewsRog

Fans forum tonight on 20:19 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Lee Hoos is far more patient at these things than I would be. You've got the three people running the club there, the manager of the team, we get them once a year, and somebody in all seriousness is asking them about how the single sign in works on the official website. Like base fcking level IT support question. That sort of sht deserves to be patronised.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if the inappropriate questions were filtered out. Forum over in 30 minutes then
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 20:27]
Fans forum tonight on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 3266 viewsNottsQPR

Fans forum tonight on 20:19 - Mar 23 by Northernr

‘Please can we have discounts on shirts’...as we haven’t worn them at games this year was one of the many gormless questions we had tonight. FFS it was painful and no wonder Hoos came across as a little chippy in his mood tonight.

The interesting question to be asked (and I didn’t) as Clive has pointed out here before is how can a club like Barnsley be where it is this year given their (lack of) financial clout.

The owners keep the club afloat and every time someone suggests that they f*ck off I wonder who else might step in to top up the vast bath of money that constantly needs refilling!

I’d agree that a whole host of the questions could have been omitted and we could have been done in a tight and relevant 20 minutes.
Fans forum tonight on 20:40 - Mar 23 with 3246 viewssimmo

These evenings are supposed to be helpful, to add context to things and hear facts direct from the horses mouth to end conjecture and learn more about the progress of our club.

All it really seems to do though is show that the majority of fans are thick and incapable/unwilling to listen to reality. Making unfounded demands and not actually paying attention. Year after year after year. It's such a waste.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fans forum tonight on 20:41 - Mar 23 with 3234 viewsRanger_Things

Fans forum tonight on 20:40 - Mar 23 by simmo

These evenings are supposed to be helpful, to add context to things and hear facts direct from the horses mouth to end conjecture and learn more about the progress of our club.

All it really seems to do though is show that the majority of fans are thick and incapable/unwilling to listen to reality. Making unfounded demands and not actually paying attention. Year after year after year. It's such a waste.

Yep.
Fans forum tonight on 20:42 - Mar 23 with 3230 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fans forum tonight on 20:40 - Mar 23 by simmo

'It's such a waste'

Could not agree more. Fan governance is my bag but fck me this is a live advert against.
Fans forum tonight on 20:43 - Mar 23 with 3220 viewsGloucs_R

Where are we at with the LC stadium them? What timescales until a decision?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fans forum tonight on 20:49 - Mar 23 with 3178 viewsDorse

Fans forum tonight on 20:15 - Mar 23 by denhamhoop2

Potential sponsors:
Visit Skaro
Caroline Reaper Flavoured Anus Lube
Pimp My Mobility Scooter
Boko Haram Comedy Club

I mean, they couldn't be any worse than what we had.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans forum tonight on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 3170 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fans forum tonight on 20:37 - Mar 23 by NottsQPR

‘Please can we have discounts on shirts’...as we haven’t worn them at games this year was one of the many gormless questions we had tonight. FFS it was painful and no wonder Hoos came across as a little chippy in his mood tonight.

The interesting question to be asked (and I didn’t) as Clive has pointed out here before is how can a club like Barnsley be where it is this year given their (lack of) financial clout.

The owners keep the club afloat and every time someone suggests that they f*ck off I wonder who else might step in to top up the vast bath of money that constantly needs refilling!

I’d agree that a whole host of the questions could have been omitted and we could have been done in a tight and relevant 20 minutes.

Hmm think you might want to google Barnsley owners if they go up they could match Chelsea and United in their spending not sure if they can match City
Fans forum tonight on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 3134 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fans forum tonight on 20:49 - Mar 23 by Dorse

Potential sponsors:
Visit Skaro
Caroline Reaper Flavoured Anus Lube
Pimp My Mobility Scooter
Boko Haram Comedy Club

I mean, they couldn't be any worse than what we had.

Did think maybe Hitler's Third Reich could be a rich stream of Nazi Gold to mine with Hugo Boss designing our all Black away kit
Fans forum tonight on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 3133 viewsBlackCrowe

Lee Hoos....like the cut of his jib.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fans forum tonight on 21:01 - Mar 23 with 3100 viewsdmm

Fans forum tonight on 20:43 - Mar 23 by Gloucs_R

Where are we at with the LC stadium them? What timescales until a decision?

Hoos said the council's work on LC has been slowed by Covid and it appears we're still waiting for them to make decisions. There are no timescales or deadlines at the moment.
Fans forum tonight on 21:02 - Mar 23 with 3088 viewsstevec

They kept this quiet.

Did anyone ask what their position was regards the proposed wage cap? Whilst they understandably talk about affordability, I’m dead curious whether they voted for or against.

For, fair enough but Against I’d start thinking they were playing us for fools.
Fans forum tonight on 21:04 - Mar 23 with 3061 viewsDorse

Fans forum tonight on 20:56 - Mar 23 by BlackCrowe

Lee Hoos....like the cut of his jib.

His jib is one of his most striking features. You don't get many of them to the pound.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans forum tonight on 21:15 - Mar 23 with 2992 viewsBlackCrowe

Fans forum tonight on 21:04 - Mar 23 by Dorse

His jib is one of his most striking features. You don't get many of them to the pound.

Seriously though, for a chairman he seems properly transparent and respectful of the customer base (yuck). Yes the things could've been better eg. Stan, but overall, it's a tough gig the club has got at the moment and he handled well enough i reckon.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fans forum tonight on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 2882 viewsdm97

It’s 2034, Lee Hoos has just explained why declining revenues = less summer spending, foundations have finally been laid at the Heston site and Trevor isn’t happy with the water pressure.

P.S. turned off after the Trevor question, if you’re out there Trevor you made me laugh and cry in equal measure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024