Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid 13:05 - Mar 25 with 4609 viewsdmm

Well, well. This should be interesting: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/25/football-financial-fair-play-ru
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:10 - Mar 25 with 3303 viewsextratimeR

Cue return of six points to Shef Weds, and the balance of our outstanding fine being directed to Preston North End.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:18 - Mar 25 with 3248 viewsdaveB

The rules are different in the EFL, not sure this will affect us
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:20 - Mar 25 with 3245 viewsNorthernr

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:18 - Mar 25 by daveB

The rules are different in the EFL, not sure this will affect us

Yeh but it's coming. I don't see how you can punish clubs over profit and loss for the very, very forseeable future when they went from 'oh we're away at Charlton on Tuesday' to 'oh we're getting zero ticket revenue for 18 months' in the space of about 48 hours last March.

Of course Hoos has been at pains to state that we're not simply trying to get our losses down to comply with the rules, we're trying to get the club into a state where it isn't reliant on a rich bloke writing a cheque for £1m just to exist.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:34 - Mar 25 with 3161 viewsrsonist

Headline's relevance to content to be ripped up after Covid crisis
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:38 - Mar 25 with 3139 viewsdmm

On the viability of the club, I don't think I've heard Hoos or anyone else say quite as bluntly as he did at the fan's forum, that it's the LC stadium or bust for QPR. That's rather worrying for the future of our club.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:41 - Mar 25 with 3123 viewsdaveB

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:20 - Mar 25 by Northernr

Yeh but it's coming. I don't see how you can punish clubs over profit and loss for the very, very forseeable future when they went from 'oh we're away at Charlton on Tuesday' to 'oh we're getting zero ticket revenue for 18 months' in the space of about 48 hours last March.

Of course Hoos has been at pains to state that we're not simply trying to get our losses down to comply with the rules, we're trying to get the club into a state where it isn't reliant on a rich bloke writing a cheque for £1m just to exist.

Of course I agree it is a nonsense to try and do this during a pandemic but we're a year in now and they don't seem to have changed anything and no real sign they are going to.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:52 - Mar 25 with 3093 viewsNorthernr

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:41 - Mar 25 by daveB

Of course I agree it is a nonsense to try and do this during a pandemic but we're a year in now and they don't seem to have changed anything and no real sign they are going to.

Well the accounts for this year, that you'd be punished for under the rules, come out this time next year, so I guess that's the point at which they'd have to decide. Hoos said the other night they're "taking it into account if you can prove losses" by which you would think that's a simple case of pointing to £x in ticket revenue for one set of accounts and £y now.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:24 - Mar 25 with 3024 viewsDannyPaddox

I want to see FFP ripped up live on the pitch before a game.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 14:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:42 - Mar 25 with 2978 viewsJuzzie

Although I understood what FFP was trying to achieve .... basically: all clubs must operate within their own means, no outside injection of money allowed, to avoid another Blackburn, Chelsea, Rushden & Diamonds, QPR, Bournemouth, Crawley and so on.

it was never really going to work. Partly because it favoured clubs with bigger capacity grounds (in proportion to the division they played in) and therefore better ability to increase income but mainly because we live in a capitalist society and that's kinda how it goes. Some may argue It's unfair but, as said, that's how it goes. If a person(s) want to come in and blow a few hundred million that's up to them.
My only criteria would be that they are not allowed to saddle any debt onto the club. If they want to inject £500m and they lose the lot then the investors lose the money, not the club. At least with QPR's owners they have honoured that anyway which is something to be said.

It sort of becomes a level playing field anyway. If you have every club in that division (certainly in the PL) who all have rich benefactors it just depends on who wants to open their wallet the widest. The players and agents just get richer & richer and we all have to pay more in ticket prices, merchandise, TV subscriptions etc which seems to happen anyway even with FFP in place. That needs capping IMO but that's a separate side matter I think.

I just wonder what scope QPR (and Derby and Sheffield Wednesday and Luton.....) will have to retrospectively challenge their own situations.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:44 - Mar 25 with 2976 viewsloftboy

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:38 - Mar 25 by dmm

On the viability of the club, I don't think I've heard Hoos or anyone else say quite as bluntly as he did at the fan's forum, that it's the LC stadium or bust for QPR. That's rather worrying for the future of our club.

I actually interpreted that as LC or we have no more options in the borough rather than not existing.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:49 - Mar 25 with 2966 viewsMatch82

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:42 - Mar 25 by Juzzie

Although I understood what FFP was trying to achieve .... basically: all clubs must operate within their own means, no outside injection of money allowed, to avoid another Blackburn, Chelsea, Rushden & Diamonds, QPR, Bournemouth, Crawley and so on.

it was never really going to work. Partly because it favoured clubs with bigger capacity grounds (in proportion to the division they played in) and therefore better ability to increase income but mainly because we live in a capitalist society and that's kinda how it goes. Some may argue It's unfair but, as said, that's how it goes. If a person(s) want to come in and blow a few hundred million that's up to them.
My only criteria would be that they are not allowed to saddle any debt onto the club. If they want to inject £500m and they lose the lot then the investors lose the money, not the club. At least with QPR's owners they have honoured that anyway which is something to be said.

It sort of becomes a level playing field anyway. If you have every club in that division (certainly in the PL) who all have rich benefactors it just depends on who wants to open their wallet the widest. The players and agents just get richer & richer and we all have to pay more in ticket prices, merchandise, TV subscriptions etc which seems to happen anyway even with FFP in place. That needs capping IMO but that's a separate side matter I think.

I just wonder what scope QPR (and Derby and Sheffield Wednesday and Luton.....) will have to retrospectively challenge their own situations.

Yeah I tend to agree. Jack Walker wants to spend a ton on Blackburn? No problem, but that gets converted into a combination of cash payment up front and some form of guarantee over the next few years. Don't put the debt on the club
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:51 - Mar 25 with 2958 viewsizlingtonhoop

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 13:20 - Mar 25 by Northernr

21st Century Alert!

In what current universe would a rich bloke write a cheque?

Idiomatically aside...
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:59 - Mar 25 with 2935 viewsWestbourneR

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:44 - Mar 25 by loftboy

I actually interpreted that as LC or we have no more options in the borough rather than not existing.

I agree with this. If we can't get LC then it's going to have to be Ealing or something. Maybe somewhere out in Park Royal.

Park Royal and Queens Park Rangers does have a nice symmetry to it...

Apart from that, I hate the prospect.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:02 - Mar 25 with 2925 viewsQPR_John

Doubt this will have any effect on us. The FL changed the draconian rules under which we were penalised and did not see any need to readdress our situation so why should they change their position whatever changes to FFP are introduced now.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:02 - Mar 25 with 2927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 14:44 - Mar 25 by loftboy

Yes, that's how I took it as well. But I may be wrong.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:16 - Mar 25 with 2875 viewsdmm

As Hoos said on numerous occasions, the club survives only due to the hand outs from our owners. Not only so but Loftus road provides no facilities to increase income, whether that's a match day or non-match day. In fact the cost of home games is usually more than the income they generate.

This situation is clearly unsustainable and, I'd say, potentially dangerous. How long can our present owners afford to fork out £1m a month to keep us going? If/when our owners sell, might the next owner decide to go down the route of asset-stripping the club and/or setting us down the road into administration?

The move to the LCS would go a long way to helping the club stand on its own two feet through efficiency savings and financially maximising the facilities a new stadium would offer.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:50 - Mar 25 with 2778 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:02 - Mar 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, that's how I took it as well. But I may be wrong.

I also had the feeling that Hoos was putting a bit of pressure on the council by saying that.

-Include QPR in your plans or there’s no more QPR and it will be your fault-

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 16:19 - Mar 25 with 2694 viewsNorthernr

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 15:50 - Mar 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

I also had the feeling that Hoos was putting a bit of pressure on the council by saying that.

-Include QPR in your plans or there’s no more QPR and it will be your fault-

I hope so, and I hope all this doomsday stuff about Loftus Road is that too. It is far, far, far more likely that we will still be playing at Loftus Road ten years from now than not. If that is the case, we can't just throw our arms up and say "well we're fcked then".
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 16:36 - Mar 25 with 2649 viewsdmm

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 16:19 - Mar 25 by Northernr

I hope so, and I hope all this doomsday stuff about Loftus Road is that too. It is far, far, far more likely that we will still be playing at Loftus Road ten years from now than not. If that is the case, we can't just throw our arms up and say "well we're fcked then".

I'm not trying to play the doom monger. When you put Hoos statements on the non-sustainability of the club alongside the effect Covid is having, I genuinely worry about the future.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:25 - Mar 25 with 2537 viewsNorthernr

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 16:36 - Mar 25 by dmm

I'm not trying to play the doom monger. When you put Hoos statements on the non-sustainability of the club alongside the effect Covid is having, I genuinely worry about the future.

Oh no mate wasn't accusing you, was just saying Hoos often makes out at the forum like it's move out of Loftus Road or basically the club dies on its arse. I'm hoping he's just doing that to put pressure on, because we're more likely to be stuck here than not, there are clubs who do well with financial challenges.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:55 - Mar 25 with 2453 viewsbosh67

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:25 - Mar 25 by Northernr

Oh no mate wasn't accusing you, was just saying Hoos often makes out at the forum like it's move out of Loftus Road or basically the club dies on its arse. I'm hoping he's just doing that to put pressure on, because we're more likely to be stuck here than not, there are clubs who do well with financial challenges.

I know that Loftus Road isn't ideal and it has been downsized over the years, probably not for the best but surely the regulations and rules to 'alter' the ground could be made after so many years of it seemingly being impossible. We have the tube not too far away and parking at the shopping centre and other places. Surely better to improve that facility and get a clever architect to get the ground back up to around 22,000 with it being used for other events and concerts again. Let's face it with Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea on the doorstep hopes of getting more fans in is unlikely.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 18:00 - Mar 25 with 2446 viewsRangersw12

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:25 - Mar 25 by Northernr

The board also need to put their money where their mouth is to the council and show they're serious.

They seem to think the council will gift them the LC land and then they will be able sell Loftus Road for vast amount of money.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 18:08 - Mar 25 with 2413 viewspaulparker

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:55 - Mar 25 by bosh67

I know that Loftus Road isn't ideal and it has been downsized over the years, probably not for the best but surely the regulations and rules to 'alter' the ground could be made after so many years of it seemingly being impossible. We have the tube not too far away and parking at the shopping centre and other places. Surely better to improve that facility and get a clever architect to get the ground back up to around 22,000 with it being used for other events and concerts again. Let's face it with Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea on the doorstep hopes of getting more fans in is unlikely.

Safe standing could be an alternative if that gets the green light

Sad state of affairs that Fulham, ( ground improvements) Brentford and even AFC Wimbledon have all progressed on the ground front whilst we remain stuck

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 18:08 - Mar 25 with 2418 viewsstowmarketrange

Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 17:55 - Mar 25 by bosh67

We could only hope to get 22,000 on a regular basis is by getting in the premier league and staying there.It didn’t work out very well on either of the last 2 occasions we managed to get there.
Can we spend just enough to get there without breaking the bank?And then do we spend a fortune again to stay there?I can’t see it happening any time soon.

I know we have to have ambition as a club,but after the last decade of one crisis after another,I’d be happy to make sure we take the time to do it the right way this time.
Financial fair play rules to be ripped up after Covid on 18:15 - Mar 25 with 2394 viewsNorthernr

It's not a single issue like capacity, or lack of midweek use (though they're important), it's also how bloody old it is. Hoos says it's £8m-£9m a year to run it, and we bring something like £5.6m in in season ticket revenue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024