Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Clive 15:29 - Mar 26 with 6096 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,

Love your work just interested in your answers to some QPR questions (and other) if that’s ok?
My six to start with are
1. Best game seen live?
2. Best manager? (did you miss Stock, Jago, Sexton, Venables)
3. Best game you have seen?
4. Best QPR memory?
5. What do you think of xtc posts?
6. Who will win NRL?

Cheers Clive
I’m at the other end of the world and trying to work out how to get back so my 8 year old son understands why QPR are so important as well as appreciating why we hate the scum.
Cheers,
James

My answers to these six questions are:-
1) not sure
2) Terry Venables
3) QPR 2 Arsenal 0 F A Cup Wegerle, Sansom and Sinton
4) First visit to the ground in late 70’s
5) Makes you think.
6) Melbourne Storm fan although fancy Penrith
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 0:26]
Questions for Clive on 20:37 - Mar 26 with 3753 viewsDorse

7. Kick John Terry in the nuts or get slapped by Scarlett Johansen?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Questions for Clive on 20:44 - Mar 26 with 3729 viewsNorthernr

4. Best QPR memory?

OIdham play off semi final no question at all. My dad's mate Stuart , who'd been taking me to games since my dad passed, brought me down to London from Grimsby early and we went around all the pubs in London that my dad used to frequent. Finishing up with the Goldhawk, and then the Brackenbury. Onto the game and the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Loftus Road. Got the 23.30 back from Kings Cross to Donny, back home near Grimsby at 03.00. Smiling, crying and reminiscing all the way home. And we lost Stuart not long after that as well. JUst the best person, took me on as a lost and vulnerable teen and kept me on the right path. Also encouraged and indulged my writing so it's his fault you have to suffer me. That was a night for me, and him, and those we'd lost. It was also a night of our club stepping back from the brink. It'll never be beaten that night.

Got chatting with him off board over the lockdown. A top fella, worth supporting, sticking with, rallying round when we need to.

6. Who will win NRL?
Panthers, pending injuries.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Questions for Clive on 20:49 - Mar 26 with 3710 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Questions for Clive on 20:37 - Mar 26 by Dorse

This requires serious thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Questions for Clive on 20:54 - Mar 26 with 3696 viewsDorse

Questions for Clive on 20:49 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I am genuinely torn on this one. I won't sleep tonight.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Questions for Clive on 21:22 - Mar 26 with 3642 viewsLongsufferingR

Questions for Clive on 20:37 - Mar 26 by Dorse

Watch Scarlett Johansen kick John Terry in the nuts
Questions for Clive on 22:30 - Mar 26 with 3550 viewsLoftgirl

5. Found him embarrassing, blocked him months ago.
Questions for Clive on 22:45 - Mar 26 with 3519 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Questions for Clive on 22:30 - Mar 26 by Loftgirl

He cracks me up. I find him genuinely funny.

To each their own, and all that, I realise.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Questions for Clive on 23:23 - Mar 26 with 3444 viewsGloryHunter

I worry about him. But Clive says he's been in touch and he's a top fella, so that's reassuring.
Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Clive on 23:40 - Mar 26 with 3403 viewsqprxtc

He’s a stupid c unt. His mum told me that.
Questions for Clive on 23:51 - Mar 26 with 3390 viewsBoston

An embarrassing blockage can be eased by Syrup of Figs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Questions for Clive on 00:05 - Mar 27 with 3367 viewsBoston

4. I've chimed in on this before...been to some incredibly atmospheric games with The Rangers, but that Oldham match was the loudest, the most intense and the most enduring I've ever experienced. Three sides as one. I was in the Lower Loft close to the Ellerslie, courtesy of another poster on here, Monsieur kensalriser, if I had attempted a conversation that evening, forget about it. Heathrow was complaining about the decibel levels.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Questions for Clive on 01:47 - Mar 27 with 3284 viewssilky

8. Favourite match report you have ever written on here?

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Questions for Clive on 01:49 - Mar 27 with 3284 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Questions for Clive on 20:44 - Mar 26 by Northernr

4. Best QPR memory?

OIdham play off semi final no question at all. My dad's mate Stuart , who'd been taking me to games since my dad passed, brought me down to London from Grimsby early and we went around all the pubs in London that my dad used to frequent. Finishing up with the Goldhawk, and then the Brackenbury. Onto the game and the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Loftus Road. Got the 23.30 back from Kings Cross to Donny, back home near Grimsby at 03.00. Smiling, crying and reminiscing all the way home. And we lost Stuart not long after that as well. JUst the best person, took me on as a lost and vulnerable teen and kept me on the right path. Also encouraged and indulged my writing so it's his fault you have to suffer me. That was a night for me, and him, and those we'd lost. It was also a night of our club stepping back from the brink. It'll never be beaten that night.

Got chatting with him off board over the lockdown. A top fella, worth supporting, sticking with, rallying round when we need to.

6. Who will win NRL?
Panthers, pending injuries.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's a lovely story on so many levels. One of my fondest memories, too. The atmosphere was electric and the rush when Furlong scored was exhilarating. Around 5pm my boss asked me to work overtime to help him with a priority 1 issue. When I refused he offered me a £500 bonus to stay. I turned him down flat. Some months later the company announced a round of redundancies. My boss took great delight in telling me that I'd been selected because of my refusal to work overtime that evening. I told him that I didn't regret it and if I had my time again I'd make the same decision.
Questions for Clive on 01:54 - Mar 27 with 3282 viewsFredManRave

Questions for Clive on 23:40 - Mar 26 by qprxtc

He’s a stupid c unt. His mum told me that.

She's not receiving you, mate. I'll pass the message on to her.

Fwiw, you're the glue that keeps this message board together from 1am to 4am.

Yours,

The Mayor of Simpleton.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Questions for Clive on 02:07 - Mar 27 with 3269 viewsFredManRave

Questions for Clive on 20:49 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

As do all of Dorse's posts.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Questions for Clive on 07:53 - Mar 27 with 3165 viewsgazza1

Yea, that Oldham game was unbelievable, never ever known such an atmosphere in my life. What a great night, I will never forget the Furlong goal. I also remember Stuart, Norf's mentor, one lovely man indeed.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 7:54]
Questions for Clive on 08:08 - Mar 27 with 3134 viewsdistortR

well I'm glad you got that off your chest, fella.
Questions for Clive on 08:16 - Mar 27 with 3120 viewsrsonist

9. How many times have you read Bravo Two Zero?
Questions for Clive on 08:24 - Mar 27 with 3103 viewsCiderwithRsie

5. Single-handedly responsible for reviving my interest in XTC the band, which had been dormant for about 20 years. Consequently I tend to check out his other musical references.
Questions for Clive on 09:06 - Mar 27 with 3052 viewsDannyPaddox

Questions for Clive on 09:43 - Mar 27 with 2999 viewsflynnbo

I found lots of people’s answers in the MemoiRs book apart from 5 and 6 naturally!
Questions for Clive on 10:21 - Mar 27 with 2929 viewsNorthernr

Questions for Clive on 01:47 - Mar 27 by silky

8. Favourite match report you have ever written on here?

Play off final probably. QPR winning at Wembley, yes please.

A way to win - report 26th May 2014 23:45
QPR, making a first visit to Wembley Stadium in 28 years, defeated Derby County 1-0 on Saturday with a last minute goal from Bobby Zamora. 84

Although I do secretly quite enjoy coming up with work arounds when the game has been particularly awful.

Boredom in its purest form — Report 10th Mar 2019 21:35
On Saturday Queens Park Rangers drew nil nil at home to Stoke City, a team that has won just two away games all season and played for more than 82 minutes with ten men. If you were there, then you have my deepest, deepest sympathy. 23

Questions for Clive on 10:26 - Mar 27 with 2914 viewsEsox_Lucius

Atmosphere has so many contenders for me, Winning the LC, getting promoted at Villa, 6-0 vs Palace, PO semi against Wigan but that win against Chelsea with 2 of theirs sent off has to be right up there.

The grass is always greener.

Questions for Clive on 10:28 - Mar 27 with 2910 viewsNorthernr

1 - I'm tempted by QPR 3 Liverpool 2. Come back to beat Liverpool with three goals in the last ten mintues after fcking Joey Barton off. Lovely night. Couple of big away days from my childhood spring to mind - 4-3 win at Norwich, 2-1 at Newcastle with the last minute penalty save, and the 5-3 at Everton.

2 - best manager is probably Warnock you know. Given the state of what he inherited, the speed of the turn around. Gerry was obviously great, and was very kind to me and my family when my dad passed, but just about everything that was good in his team (Wilson, Bardsley, Macca, Wilkins, Sinton, Ferdinand) was inherited. Warnock took over a team with bent and Priskin up front and got it promoted in 15 months.

3 - best game I've seen full stop is probably that first Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3.
Questions for Clive on 11:03 - Mar 27 with 2840 viewshantssi

Questions for Clive on 10:21 - Mar 27 by Northernr

Play off final probably. QPR winning at Wembley, yes please.

A way to win - report 26th May 2014 23:45
QPR, making a first visit to Wembley Stadium in 28 years, defeated Derby County 1-0 on Saturday with a last minute goal from Bobby Zamora. 84

Although I do secretly quite enjoy coming up with work arounds when the game has been particularly awful.

Boredom in its purest form — Report 10th Mar 2019 21:35
On Saturday Queens Park Rangers drew nil nil at home to Stoke City, a team that has won just two away games all season and played for more than 82 minutes with ten men. If you were there, then you have my deepest, deepest sympathy. 23

That Derby match report still gives me goosebumps!
Interestingly though in terms of where we are as clubs the tables have been completely turned in the intervening years!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024