Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Jo Lumley do today? 20:50 - Apr 2 with 5757 viewsthompsonridd

Couldn't watch the game today, how was Jo in goal?
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 20:58 - Apr 2 with 4868 viewsW7Ranger

Wasn't really troubled so had very little to do. But what he did do he done fine.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 20:58 - Apr 2 with 4864 viewsGloryHunter

Didn't have much to do. Might have been beaten by a free kick near the end, if it had gone inside the post rather than outside. Otherwise looked OK.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 21:00 - Apr 2 with 4854 viewsLongsufferingR

Couple of Dieng-like claims of crosses, no panic when playing around at the back. All very comfortable.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 4669 viewsextratimeR

Played very well, looked very confident, good handling of crosses, and a few driven shots.

Very comfortable with the back three/five.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 22:00 - Apr 2 with 4618 viewsStanisgod

To be fair, I think I could have kept goal today.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 22:20 - Apr 2 with 4526 viewsMyke

Very pleased for Lumley today, if indeed it turns out to be his last game for the club, it's a much nicer way to end than the reverse fixture, where he received much unfair criticism, even ludicrously being blamed for their first goal, despite the fact it was headed powerfully home from about a yard out.
Dieng has without a doubt being very solid and very consistent this year and has made some excellent stops at key moments. He also commands his area very well. He has made errors too, of course, not least Milwall's equaliser, for which if Lumley had conceded, he would have been slaughtered.
Joe is an excellent keeper, whose confidence was absolutely shot (for which we must take at least partial responsibility). I suspect he will join another championship club next season and will go on to have a very decent career at this level.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 11:20]
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 23:48 - Apr 2 with 4265 viewsVancouverHoop

It's possible he'll play on Monday I'd have thought. Likely to be a better test for him too.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 00:49 - Apr 3 with 4155 viewsW7Ranger

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 23:48 - Apr 2 by VancouverHoop

It's possible he'll play on Monday I'd have thought. Likely to be a better test for him too.

Are contract negotiations still ongoing? Or is he not signing and definitely leaving?
Login to get fewer ads

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 03:27 - Apr 3 with 4048 viewssimmo

That might be his last ever game for us and if it is, I'm absolutely delighted it's with a clean sheet. People will say he didn't have much to do, which is fair, but what he did do was made easy by good positioning and footwork. We enthuse about Dieng (rightly) for those skills but it's clear Joe works hard and there isn't a bigger or louder fan in the otherwise empty stadium than him on matchdays.

He's gone from 1st choice, to boo boy, to losing his place to Dieng and everything we see from him is pure positivity and support. He's been a brilliant part of the recent version of QPR and I hope that if he does find regular action elsewhere, that he's remembered fondly and given the necessary respect.

Big up Joe Lumley!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 04:48 - Apr 3 with 3984 viewseastside_r

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 03:27 - Apr 3 by simmo

That might be his last ever game for us and if it is, I'm absolutely delighted it's with a clean sheet. People will say he didn't have much to do, which is fair, but what he did do was made easy by good positioning and footwork. We enthuse about Dieng (rightly) for those skills but it's clear Joe works hard and there isn't a bigger or louder fan in the otherwise empty stadium than him on matchdays.

He's gone from 1st choice, to boo boy, to losing his place to Dieng and everything we see from him is pure positivity and support. He's been a brilliant part of the recent version of QPR and I hope that if he does find regular action elsewhere, that he's remembered fondly and given the necessary respect.

Big up Joe Lumley!

Absolutely agree with this.

I always liked Lumley. He did have his bad patches of form but I think part of the problem was the then ‘new’ manager looking to usurp him with ‘his’ man (LK.)

I don’t think LK was anything like as good as Joe as an all round keeper, but LK could cope better with Warburton’s play out from the back policy (which Joe did struggle with.)

I think the general consensus now is that Dieng is the best of the lot and I do agree with that.

I suspect that JL will indeed want to pursue his career as the no.1 somewhere else. It will be sad to see one of our own leave but he would go with my best wishes.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 07:53 - Apr 3 with 3813 viewsLeedsR

I was also really pleased that Lumley got a clean sheet yesterday - not that there was loads to do, but he did what needed to be done.

When he came in as #1 he was full of confidence and generally played well. I think the match away at Villa when he got into that collision with Tammy Abraham (I think it was he) shook his confidence and he was never quite the same since.

While his performances did drop, and some of the criticism he got was justified (as we’d want him to do better), the level of abuse and vitriol he copped from some wasn’t. As Simmo put, he clearly is always passionate to play for the club and such a vocal support of his teammates. His performances might not always have been great or confident and there is plenty of scope as we know he is capable of being very good, but he also clearly gives a s**t. To my mind, that kind of player should always get our support.

There have been a good number of players over the years (SWP, Bosingwa etc) who clearly looked like they didn’t give a toss and so rightly got stick. Lumley isn’t one of them. Yes, players have the odd stinker, or be going through a tough patch. Yes maybe give them a bit of stick, but even that, I think is counterproductive.

I’m sad for him that it hasn’t quite worked out in that for whatever reason, he hasn’t quite matched up to his early promise. With the emergence of Dieng his time was always looking limited. There’s a decent keeper there. He is capable of being the #1 at a club and for his work ethic and attitude, certainly deserves to be.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 3745 viewsGloucs_R

Didn't see the game yesterday.

Always felt playing it out from the back every time put him under extreme pressure and that's when he used to make errors. But Dieng goes long far more often than we did last season. Our new style probably works for Lumley better than the old style.

I know he's out of contract in the summer. But if Dieng goes, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him given another chance.

Kelly is doing well in Scotland but lacks the size and physical presence for me. Then again, Kenny wasn't huge but was an amazing shot stopper.

Poll: Are we staying up?

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 3739 viewsgazza1

Pleased for the lad, comes across as having a very good attitude and seen him being a big part of the squad. Probably a well liked player of the squad - good fun.

As for his playing ability.....his mistakes have cost us just like most keeper errors. I very much hope that he can eradicate them and he could prove to be a very decent keeper. I think he will be sold though if we get an interested party.

N0 issues today, done well.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 8:32]
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 10:46 - Apr 3 with 3481 viewspaulhoop2

Played well not troubled at all BUT unsure as to why Cameron was taking the goal kicks ? Anyone else see this ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 11:10 - Apr 3 with 3420 viewsQPR_John

Surely if Lumley goes then Dieng will be staying. Cannot see both leaving
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 12:55 - Apr 3 with 3309 viewsfrancisbowles

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 10:46 - Apr 3 by paulhoop2

Played well not troubled at all BUT unsure as to why Cameron was taking the goal kicks ? Anyone else see this ?

I didn't see that!
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 12:58 - Apr 3 with 3301 viewsFrankRightguard

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 10:46 - Apr 3 by paulhoop2

Can’t say that I did
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 3275 viewsfrancisbowles

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 11:10 - Apr 3 by QPR_John

Surely if Lumley goes then Dieng will be staying. Cannot see both leaving

Lumley is out of contract though, so the decision is his unless we have an option. Barnes is also out of contract. We have a few young keepers, so will be interesting to see if any of them, apart from the new one, Jo Walsh, are retained.

Dieng will only go if we get an offer we can't refuse. Kelly could go but he has another two years on his contract, so if there is nobody willing or able to buy him, he might go on loan again next season.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:38 - Apr 3 with 3211 viewsQPR_John

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:04 - Apr 3 by francisbowles

Lumley is out of contract though, so the decision is his unless we have an option. Barnes is also out of contract. We have a few young keepers, so will be interesting to see if any of them, apart from the new one, Jo Walsh, are retained.

Dieng will only go if we get an offer we can't refuse. Kelly could go but he has another two years on his contract, so if there is nobody willing or able to buy him, he might go on loan again next season.

If Lumley goes and we sell Dieng what are we left with. I would hope at least should that happen we have have a keeper lined up otherwise Kelly is in goal next season.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:51 - Apr 3 with 3178 viewsterryb

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:38 - Apr 3 by QPR_John

If Lumley goes and we sell Dieng what are we left with. I would hope at least should that happen we have have a keeper lined up otherwise Kelly is in goal next season.

Or else we have already signed him from Gillingham?
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 14:03 - Apr 3 with 3157 viewsW7Ranger

I personally would love Joe to stay. I've always really liked him, especially as he's "one of our own", at it really saddened me the amount stick/personal abuse he received from our fanbase. Shameful.

If he goes, I really wish him all the best for the future and I sicnerely hope he proves many of us wrong.
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 14:15 - Apr 3 with 3126 viewsMedwayR

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:51 - Apr 3 by terryb

Or else we have already signed him from Gillingham?

I'd be very surprised, he wasn't first choice at Gillingham. In fact Gills loaned in Lumley rather than play Walsh when their GK got injured. I think he's one for the future rather than now.

Poll: Who’s better?

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 23:04 - Apr 3 with 2912 viewsMyke

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:04 - Apr 3 by francisbowles

Didn't realise Kelly got a four year deal when he signed
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 10:07 - Apr 4 with 2726 viewsfrancisbowles

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 23:04 - Apr 3 by Myke

Didn't realise Kelly got a four year deal when he signed

Myke

Well done on your forecast for Friday more of the same please.

Here's the link to LK's term.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/liam-kelly-joins-qpr/
How did Jo Lumley do today? on 11:45 - Apr 4 with 2642 viewsLazyFan

How did Jo Lumley do today? on 13:38 - Apr 3 by QPR_John

Smithes is out of contract in the summer I believe and not the first choice with Cardiff.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024