Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 19:08 - Apr 3 with 5419 viewsaston_hoop

re-assure me, that IS a done deal right? Thought he has been getting better and better and better in his appearances culminating in yesterdays superb performance. Youngest player in our line up and played well above his actual level of experience.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sam Field on 19:42 - Apr 3 with 4589 viewsnix

I understood we had him on loan with an option to buy.
Sam Field on 19:50 - Apr 3 with 4545 viewsdmm

When he came to us the lad said "I’m looking forward to a new beginning. Hopefully, it can become permanent because I need a fresh start." So he definitely wants to sign permanently. The loan deal reportedly came with an option for us to sign him permanently.

Would WBA want to keep him next season? He has a further year on his contract. Allardyce has said that should WBA drop, he'll only stay if he thinks there is a realistic chance of promotion back to the Premier League. So he'd want to spend money on new players. That suggests he doesn't rate his the current squad and, given he was happy for Field to be loaned to us, it's reasonable to assume that includes him.

All in all, I'd say Sam Field will be a QPR player next season.
Sam Field on 19:52 - Apr 3 with 4530 viewsnix

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/field-i-am-absolutely-delighted-020221/

The offish seems to suggest we've got an option.
Sam Field on 19:59 - Apr 3 with 4469 viewsbakerloo8

We have an option to sign him. I would expect that we would like to sign him. Job done.
Sam Field on 20:02 - Apr 3 with 4485 viewsaston_hoop

Consider me re-assured. Get him and the Pirlo of the Fjords in our team next season and thats one hell of a core

Sam Field on 20:47 - Apr 3 with 4328 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sam Field on 20:02 - Apr 3 by aston_hoop

Consider me re-assured. Get him and the Pirlo of the Fjords in our team next season and thats one hell of a core

"Pirlo of the Fjords"
Sam Field on 10:10 - Apr 4 with 3826 viewsfrancisbowles

We may have an option but a deal is never done until the ink is on the contract.

Get those terms agreed and get the pen in his hand pronto.
Sam Field on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 3696 viewsbosh67

He's very good. He's much taller than I thought he was as well. With a bit of weight on him he will be an absolute enforcer. Very much our kind of player.

For me the prospect of Field, Amos (hopefully he'll be back), Johansen (if terms can be agreed), Ball, Albert, Carroll (like him), Thomas (looks promising), Albert (our living the dream man) and Shodipo (who seems to have come of age) and we have the basis of a highly experienced plus highly paced and energetic midfield next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field on 12:12 - Apr 4 with 3570 viewskensalriser

Sam Field on 19:50 - Apr 3 by dmm

When he came to us the lad said "I’m looking forward to a new beginning. Hopefully, it can become permanent because I need a fresh start." So he definitely wants to sign permanently. The loan deal reportedly came with an option for us to sign him permanently.

Would WBA want to keep him next season? He has a further year on his contract. Allardyce has said that should WBA drop, he'll only stay if he thinks there is a realistic chance of promotion back to the Premier League. So he'd want to spend money on new players. That suggests he doesn't rate his the current squad and, given he was happy for Field to be loaned to us, it's reasonable to assume that includes him.

All in all, I'd say Sam Field will be a QPR player next season.

Did Allardyce really say that?

In other words, I only want the job if it's a gimme, not interested in doing any actual work.

What a wánker.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sam Field on 12:14 - Apr 4 with 3564 viewsNorthernr

Hoos said at the fans forum we have an option on him and De Wijs.
Sam Field on 20:49 - Apr 22 with 3024 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-set-for-new-contract-but-field-

Not played enough for the ball to be in our court RE Field

Sam Field on 20:59 - Apr 22 with 2948 viewseastside_r

Sam Field on 20:49 - Apr 22 by aston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-set-for-new-contract-but-field-

If that is true, that’s bloody careless by someone.
Sam Field on 21:03 - Apr 22 with 2917 viewsdaveB

Sam Field on 20:59 - Apr 22 by eastside_r

yeah thats a bit daft to not give him 12 starts
Sam Field on 21:18 - Apr 22 with 2837 viewseghamranger

West Brom losing heavily at Leicester.. so likely to be in the championship next season so that may make a difference
Sam Field on 23:16 - Apr 22 with 2549 viewsMyke

Sam Field on 20:59 - Apr 22 by eastside_r

I doubt very much if it was carelessness. The club would be very aware how many games he had started.
Sam Field on 00:20 - Apr 23 with 2458 viewsDavieQPR

I think we would have signed him already had we left it so late to sort out the details and a loan transfer was quicker to push through.
Sam Field on 06:28 - Apr 23 with 2308 viewsdmm

Let's hope Allardyce stays at WBA as he doesn't seem to rate Field.
Sam Field on 07:28 - Apr 23 with 2190 viewsMalintabuk

Never ceases to amaze me some of the deals that are penned in football. How many of us really would have known that there would be a codicil in the loan agreement such as that?
Pretty sure there would not have been a gaff made by the management on this, so it would seem that we don't want to take up the automatic option. Pretty sure that it would not have been Fields lack of talent, maybe it is a financial reason, or we may have identified another target we want more
Sam Field on 08:02 - Apr 23 with 2103 viewsgazza1

If Rangers want Field and Field wants Rangers and contract terms are right then he will sign - no question. Not sure what all the fuss is about!!!!
Sam Field on 08:15 - Apr 23 with 2058 viewsLoftgirl

Sam Field on 06:28 - Apr 23 by dmm

Let's hope Allardyce stays at WBA as he doesn't seem to rate Field.

Hopefully, Fat Sam doesn't rate Charlie either.
Sam Field on 09:53 - Apr 23 with 1898 viewsOldPedro

Sam Field on 20:49 - Apr 22 by aston_hoop

The article also says

"His omission from the team at Swansea on Tuesday therefore means the situation is somewhat out of Rangers’ hands as he has made eight starts and there are only three matches of the season remaining.

That technically means West Brom can now block a permanent deal for Field, although currently all parties expect the move to go ahead."

So at the moment, it looks like a move will go through

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sam Field on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 1850 viewsdanehoop

Perhaps also keeping our options open or maybe making clear to Field's agent that there wont be a deal at any price, to encourage him to keep wages demands within our range.

Sure that Field is now really enjoying his football with us. He is getting regular starts in what is clearly an improving side with a good manager who obviously rates him. I think if we do continue to finish off the season strongly he will want to be a part of that going forward. That means he may not get best offer financially from us, but as he will have learnt from WBA - the small additional financial gains may not be the be all and end all.

As others have said though, if the will is there, this will happen - but the finances will need to add up. If for example this is effectively an affordability decisions between Johnson and Field, I suspect we will probably favour the quality and experience that he brings the squad now given we also have Amos and potentially Carroll returning next season too.

Never knowingly understood

Sam Field on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 1851 viewsAntti_Heinola

Or maybe the agreement has already been done, so Rangers aren't worried.

Bare bones.

Sam Field on 12:03 - Apr 23 with 1671 viewswombat

Sam Field on 10:06 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Or maybe the agreement has already been done, so Rangers aren't worried.

from his performances this season he is one he must sign for next season , good engine tackles gets forward and getting better each game ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Sam Field on 12:28 - Apr 23 with 1566 viewsFredManRave

Sam Field on 08:15 - Apr 23 by Loftgirl

Hopefully, Fat Sam doesn't rate Charlie either.

The key to the answer is the word "Fat"·

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024