Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay- Centre Half today? 17:52 - Apr 5 with 4800 viewsextratimeR

Just wondering, looking at the utter shambles in midfield and at Centre back today, ( not Fields fault, Warbs shouldn't have tampered with defence and midfield at the same time) surely it would have been much easier to put Kakay in at Centre back.
When he has had to play their before, Fulham Home etc he has been superb.

It was painfully obvious after five minutes that something was horribly wrong in midfield.

Fair do's to Forest, they were good, and Dieng stopped three certain goals before half-time, (not counting Barbet's intervention), and Houghton is now sorting them out, they should be a handful next season.

Pleased for Dykes, I think we will get their with Willock , Dykes and please God Charlie, but some tough decisions ahead about some of our players before next season.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:04 - Apr 7 with 1004 viewsgazza1

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:50 - Apr 7 by Myke

You are right in that it is absolutely the right time to give all players a run and try different players in more than one position to see if that works or not. Now that we can see what Wallace can do when fully fit (and to be fair Warburton knew this from his Rangers days) it might be time to give Niko a few more games. Also Adomah and Bonne need to play more. The results are pretty immaterial at this stage,as long as we get seven more points so I can be right about my 60 point prediction!

The results may be pretty immaterial to you but I would strongly suggest that MW and his Team, plus the Board and the Players will want wins under their belt.....its important..
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:32 - Apr 7 with 948 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:04 - Apr 7 by gazza1

The results may be pretty immaterial to you but I would strongly suggest that MW and his Team, plus the Board and the Players will want wins under their belt.....its important..

Plus players/management earn more dosh the more they win!
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:21 - Apr 7 with 921 viewsMatch82

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:38 - Apr 6 by daveB

possibly not going to win friends but I've heard QPR players in the past say far worse and no one seemed to care. I personally didn't think he came across that way in thinking he was better than the club more just someone with a lot of self belief who wanted to show how good he can be.

If a more popular player had made similar comments no one would have said a word about it

We don't know what's happening behind the scenes but it might have more to do with how the rest of the team perceive what he has said and acted than what Warburton, Les or anyone else thinks. If the team is demotivated by having him involved then that's reason enough for him to be dropped. The drop from him to Kakay isn't massive.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:46 - Apr 7 with 904 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:21 - Apr 7 by Match82

We don't know what's happening behind the scenes but it might have more to do with how the rest of the team perceive what he has said and acted than what Warburton, Les or anyone else thinks. If the team is demotivated by having him involved then that's reason enough for him to be dropped. The drop from him to Kakay isn't massive.

Quite possibly or he might be injured/ill/have a family member ill, could be any number of reasons
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:02 - Apr 8 with 808 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:46 - Apr 7 by daveB

Quite possibly or he might be injured/ill/have a family member ill, could be any number of reasons

Yeah but not as much fun as - he has become the pariah of the club.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:56 - Apr 8 with 778 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:04 - Apr 7 by gazza1

Well if they do it will be the first time in a number of years that they haven't clocked off early
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:38 - Apr 9 with 672 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:02 - Apr 8 by PinnerPaul

Yeah but not as much fun as - he has become the pariah of the club.

MW has just said that "Toddy" had a stomach infection last weekend, but will be available tomorrow as will Jordy De W.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:58 - Apr 9 with 649 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:38 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

MW has just said that "Toddy" had a stomach infection last weekend, but will be available tomorrow as will Jordy De W.

Stomach infection? Hmmm.... Could be a convenient excuse (or should that be an "inconvenient" excuse?? 🤣🤣)

Anyway, looks like Citizen Kane is back in the fold, hopefully with a more factually correct sense of his self-worth..
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:59 - Apr 9 with 644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news that Kane and De Wijs are available.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:45 - Apr 9 with 585 viewsOldPedro

Details of Warburton's comments here

Interesting what he says about respect and going on loan to play matches

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:50 - Apr 9 with 578 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:45 - Apr 9 by OldPedro

Indeed - more expansive, perhaps due or to editing, than the offy interview published.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:52 - Apr 9 with 570 viewsnix

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:45 - Apr 9 by OldPedro

Love the fact that Warburton keeps quiet about disciplinary matters. It's classy. Looks like Kane has decent chance of being picked but he thinks Kakay has done a good job. With so many matches in the next couple of weeks he might need both of them!
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:55 - Apr 9 with 566 viewsgazza1

One word sticks out from MW article.......RESPECT.

I need say no more.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:05 - Apr 9 with 544 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:55 - Apr 9 by gazza1

One word sticks out from MW article.......RESPECT.

I need say no more.

Exactly! Would now be nice to hear back from the other posters on this forum who were (a.) defending Todd Kane for no good reason, and (b.) calling out myself and other posters of a similar mindset for overreacting in calling Kane arrogant and disrespectful.

MW's comments say it all - exactly as I and a few others (including Clive) were expecting..
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:07 - Apr 9 with 542 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:05 - Apr 9 by E15Hoop

Exactly! Would now be nice to hear back from the other posters on this forum who were (a.) defending Todd Kane for no good reason, and (b.) calling out myself and other posters of a similar mindset for overreacting in calling Kane arrogant and disrespectful.

MW's comments say it all - exactly as I and a few others (including Clive) were expecting..

Don't think he called him arrogant though?
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:20 - Apr 9 with 521 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:07 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

Don't think he called him arrogant though?

Its clearly there if you care to read between the lines..
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:25 - Apr 9 with 479 viewsLazyFan

I suspect what we shall see is Kakay picked at CB in place of Fields and Kane at RWB. This way the noise is totally diffused as he has picked both of them. Also, allows Fields to go back to midfield.

But unless Kane shows some sort of great form, I guess massively that he will be sold in the summer. As we can probably get something for him from one of the other teams as our defensive record is so good and he's got a few goals, plus assists this season so, his stats look decent I would guess.

In addition, I bet he's paid way more than Kakay, after all, Shef Utd wanted him for £13m so he must be on big bucks as he's a prem player according to himself.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:28 - Apr 9 with 476 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 17:05 - Apr 9 by E15Hoop

are people not allowed to have a different opinion anymore? I still think it's a fuss over nothing, was a daft thing to say but when you see the full interview it made a bit more sense
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 461 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:28 - Apr 9 by daveB

are people not allowed to have a different opinion anymore? I still think it's a fuss over nothing, was a daft thing to say but when you see the full interview it made a bit more sense

Yes, you can have a different opinion, but the evidence clearly shows that it was more than a fuss about nothing, as you phrase it.

All the full interview did was show that Todd Kane has a high opinion of himself that is not shared by most other people. Hopefully, he may now have a slightly more balanced and realistic view of what the truth actually is, and how the world operates.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:55 - Apr 9 with 449 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:40 - Apr 9 by E15Hoop

Yes, you can have a different opinion, but the evidence clearly shows that it was more than a fuss about nothing, as you phrase it.

All the full interview did was show that Todd Kane has a high opinion of himself that is not shared by most other people. Hopefully, he may now have a slightly more balanced and realistic view of what the truth actually is, and how the world operates.

He was quite self critical in the piece as well but understand the majority seem to have been offended or upset by it. I still think if a different more popular player said the same thing it wouldn't have been an issue

Warburton as ever stuck the right balance in what he said today protecting Kakay but not throwing Kane under the bus either
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:59 - Apr 9 with 446 viewsgazza1

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:55 - Apr 9 by daveB

He was quite self critical in the piece as well but understand the majority seem to have been offended or upset by it. I still think if a different more popular player said the same thing it wouldn't have been an issue

Warburton as ever stuck the right balance in what he said today protecting Kakay but not throwing Kane under the bus either

Is there a link of the full interview?? Not seen it yet.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 20:09 - Apr 9 with 440 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:55 - Apr 9 by daveB

Clive's Game Preview is excellent and explains where I'm coming from far better than I can, as usual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024