Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standards — Preview 19:27 - Apr 9 with 1547 viewsNorthernr

Standards — Preview 9th Apr 2021 19:03
Warbs Warburton has finally showed his hand in the Todd Kane controversy, returning to exactly the sort of 'respect' and 'integrity' themes we’ve come to expect of him as our manager — worth bearing in mind if you’re hoping for a hail of experimental team selections across the last seven games. 12

Standards — Preview on 20:11 - Apr 9 with 1463 viewscolinallcars

Great stuff
Standards — Preview on 20:21 - Apr 9 with 1450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A really excellent bit of writing which I would love even if I disagreed with it. Which I don't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Standards — Preview on 21:30 - Apr 9 with 1354 viewsrsonist

Superb. Originally I probably would have lazily swept the Kane situation under the carpet and put making a point of dropping him down as cutting our noses off to spite our face, but you're right.

I would just add that IMHO the stick Warbs often gets, even the general lowkey view of him like he was some substitute teacher or boring stepdad only here to drone on about saving our pocket money and tell us off for being brats, and worse the ultimate insinuation that he's not QPR, is his punishment for treating the fans with enough sincerity and respect not to bulls1t them with a dog and pony show like some (let's face it, all) our other old dearly beloveds.
Standards — Preview on 21:39 - Apr 9 with 1332 viewsnix

Brilliant bit of writing. Perfect balance of passionate prose and reasoned argument. Particularly enjoyed the pen portrait of Warbs.
Standards — Preview on 22:39 - Apr 9 with 1220 viewsOldPedro

Another great piece of writing

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Standards — Preview on 23:13 - Apr 9 with 1160 viewsGreenbay

Clive - well said - regarding Warbs.
You mention :-
"Integrity, respect, standards. It’s a strong three pillars to stand on as a man, never mind a football manager. The longer Warbs is here, the better I think he is for us".

We should be proud of Warbs.
Integrity, respect and good standards is something we should all follow at whatever age.
These important ingredients taught to any youngster is essential.
It makes them better and caring people.

The way footballers behave have a major impact on many lives.
We should be proud of QPR if they follow these excellent principles.
And as said many times before I hope Warbs stays for many seasons.
Standards — Preview on 12:18 - Apr 10 with 707 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great article Clive. I like the way Warbs goes about managing our club, if players like Kane show disrespect then they are not worthy of the shirt or the pay cheque. Anyway Kakay is a better proposition on the right and he has been very good, since he made his way back into the side at last season's restart.
Standards — Preview on 10:03 - Apr 11 with 424 viewsfrancisbowles

Great balanced piece Clive.

Thanks for the statement of Derek's passing.

Respect, integrity, standards. You have them in spades, mate.
Login to get fewer ads

Standards — Preview on 10:25 - Apr 11 with 376 viewssupahoopsa

Simply SUPERB

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024