Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m 09:18 - Apr 11 with 7591 viewsSimplyNico

According to the super, soaraway Sun.

We'll see. Good for him if he gets a Prem move.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 5055 viewsbosh67

A good piece of fictional reporting but as you say nice to see him being recognised by the press. He would do well to stay here and continue to learn his craft for at least another season. If next season goes badly we can then look to move him on for about £10 and a bag of chips knowing how we work.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 09:31 - Apr 11 with 5000 viewsgazza1

He has been very good indeed this season.......form has dipped though last few games.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:02 - Apr 11 with 4891 viewsDorse

£6m? I thought we'd got rid of the automatic transfer fee pant-lowering device? Someone should tell them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:04 - Apr 11 with 4865 viewsDieByYourSide

Under contract til 2024. £6m? Don't think so

Poll: And it's hi ho

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:10 - Apr 11 with 4813 viewsQPRSteve

Triple the figure and the club has an initial starting price for negotiations.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 4763 viewsDorse

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:10 - Apr 11 by QPRSteve

Triple the figure and the club has an initial starting price for negotiations.

Much more like it

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 4677 viewsterryb

Is that the same reporter who told us last year that BOS was wanted by West Ham for upto £10 million?
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 4673 viewsrsonist

Same paper is also reporting/repeating a story they want Sam Johnstone from WBA...

The interest if not the fee is plausible enough. They're pretty much the only club with a clear succession path that fits in the immediate future (Fabianski is 35), Moyes isn't shy about the domestic market, and Dieng's stats are through the roof. Think Fulham could have a go too.

Another season of this form and his options increase massively though - would make sense all round but we've said that before.
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 11:56 - Apr 11 with 4458 viewsenfieldargh

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:37 - Apr 11 by rsonist

Same paper is also reporting/repeating a story they want Sam Johnstone from WBA...

The interest if not the fee is plausible enough. They're pretty much the only club with a clear succession path that fits in the immediate future (Fabianski is 35), Moyes isn't shy about the domestic market, and Dieng's stats are through the roof. Think Fulham could have a go too.

Another season of this form and his options increase massively though - would make sense all round but we've said that before.

Fulham have got Rodek the keeper who keeps us out both for Fulham and Rotherham plus La Titty Francaise

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 12:59 - Apr 11 with 4303 viewsrsonist

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 11:56 - Apr 11 by enfieldargh

Fulham have got Rodek the keeper who keeps us out both for Fulham and Rotherham plus La Titty Francaise

Yeah they could go back to Rodak but you wouldn't think dropping your keeper as soon as you get promotion was a healthy situation all round. Areola is on loan and won't sign if they drop.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 14:11 - Apr 11 with 4113 viewsqprphil

I think it's a bit soon for him to move on personally, he deserves a chance higher up at some point but, can only see him as a bench player if he moves on. My guess is he'll stay put for next season.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 19:56 - Apr 11 with 3823 viewsStanisgod

I feel another Smithies coming on. We can't turn it down, blah blah, covid blah, blah, no crowds income blah blah. FFP blah blah.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 20:31 - Apr 11 with 3712 viewsBazzeR

The Kilmarnock Manager is reported to be interested in taking Liam Kelly on a permanent deal according to the 72.co.uk today.
With Joe Lumley seemingly out of contract the end of season then it would appear bringing in another experienced Keeper would be high on the list of new recruits during the summer.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 22:14 - Apr 11 with 3551 viewsenfieldargh

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 20:31 - Apr 11 by BazzeR

The Kilmarnock Manager is reported to be interested in taking Liam Kelly on a permanent deal according to the 72.co.uk today.
With Joe Lumley seemingly out of contract the end of season then it would appear bringing in another experienced Keeper would be high on the list of new recruits during the summer.

guess why we signed Walsh from Gillingham, fee involved but no idea. I'd speculate £250K ish not sure why but Walsh did reveal in an interview that Gills owners pushed a hard deal

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 22:19 - Apr 11 with 3535 viewsqpr1976

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 09:25 - Apr 11 by bosh67

A good piece of fictional reporting but as you say nice to see him being recognised by the press. He would do well to stay here and continue to learn his craft for at least another season. If next season goes badly we can then look to move him on for about £10 and a bag of chips knowing how we work.

Probably best he move on before he gets to play in front of our fans (or at least more than a few thousand s/t holders.....
Press them for £12m, accept £10m
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 00:26 - Apr 12 with 3379 viewsbob566

Thought he was poor against Wednesday especially on crosses. Still has alot to learn imho
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 01:04 - Apr 12 with 3347 viewsBenny_the_Ball

If there is any truth to this rumour (which I doubt) then West Ham really need to learn that we're not that club anymore. The days of picking up Trevor Sinclair and Andy Impey for peanuts plus a couple of crocks are over. If they qualify for champions league then they'll have to do a hell of a lot better than £6m.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 06:35 - Apr 12 with 3251 viewsdmm

Should Dieng go this summer there should be someone able to replace him out of this lot:
Senior squad - Dieng, Lumley, Kelly and Barnes
U23 squad - Walsh, Brzozowski, Dickenson, Cooper, Little and Middlehurst
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 09:44 - Apr 12 with 3034 viewsdaveB

Deing needs another season imo before he should be thinking about a move to the premier league. He wouldn't be first choice at any premier league club imo
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:19 - Apr 12 with 2974 viewsrobith

Interesting to see other's persepctives on this - persoanlly thought £6m for a keeper who doesn't yet have a full season of championship football (in a team that's 11th with 0 GD no less) was about right
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:46 - Apr 12 with 2950 viewsterryb

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:19 - Apr 12 by robith

Interesting to see other's persepctives on this - persoanlly thought £6m for a keeper who doesn't yet have a full season of championship football (in a team that's 11th with 0 GD no less) was about right

Personally, I would be surprised if any club considered offering that amount.

I would have thought 4 or 5 million would have been tops.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:12 - Apr 12 with 2830 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with Robith and Terry that we may not get offers that big just yet.

In one year, should he continue to impress, definitely. And maybe more.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:15 - Apr 12 with 2811 viewsrobith

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:46 - Apr 12 by terryb

Personally, I would be surprised if any club considered offering that amount.

I would have thought 4 or 5 million would have been tops.

If there's a club you can take for a drive price wise though, it's West Ham
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:32 - Apr 12 with 2770 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Seny signed a long deal with us, so that's good.

BUT, he'll know how good he is and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a buy-out clauses in his contract - and perhaps a get-out clause if a Prem side comes in for him. West Ham aside, Arsenal and Leeds have also been linked by the usual click-bait journos.

At 26 his development might be improved with another year of regular game time in a potentially play-off chasing team next season.

But in reality, if the big boys come knocking it will be very hard to keep him, whether on financial grounds, or just doing the right thing for the player, who will surely deserve a shot at the top level.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:42 - Apr 12 with 2733 viewskensalriser

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:19 - Apr 12 by robith

If that were true most of the division would be scrambling to sell their 6m+ keepers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024