Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mide Shodipo 13:30 - Apr 12 with 6450 viewsdmm

As thoughts are turning to next season, do we think Shodipo should be given a squad place? His contract runs to 2022 and he'll be 24 when the next season starts. His time at Oxford seems gone well with 10 goals scored in league and cup games, although it seems he's frequently subbed.

I think it could go either way. To give the lad a final chance to stake a claim at QPR might bring the best out of him. However, would using one of the 25 squad places on a fringe player be a wise thing to do?

I've never been 100% convinced by Shodipo and would probably allow him to leave. I'm sure Oxford would like to sign him permenantly.
Mide Shodipo on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 1407 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 09:29 - Apr 16 by Welsh_Ranger

Just curious, you are pretty critical about several of our players - from Dykes to Willock to Shodipo. Who out of our current squad do you actually rate?

Hang on....Shopido is not part of our squad because he is not good enough and I don't think he will ever be good enough unless we are relegated.

Dykes has been very poor indeed despite many on this MB thinking he doing OK. He has been poor, just the truth and I would say pretty factual. I expected more from a professional footballer. I have recognised recent improvements and hope that they continue. It amazes me that so many find his performances acceptable and make excuses for him, talk about fitness, lack of experience, unlucky, playing lots of games, etc, etc.....he is a professional ffs earning, I would suggest good money, a lot more than most, if not all who write on the MB.

Willock, is someone who I believe has been very inconsistent, again lots of excuses why he has been but the bottom line is that he was very inconsistent and why he wasn't playing as much. He has got better and so he plays more.

Just my opinions.....as for the likes of Barbet & Wallace who many slagged off - I supported them and they are and have been decent despite the critism . I am very pleased with most of the other players and I am very supportive of MW and his team, again, despite lots wanting MW to be replaced. I have said all along, when others were talking relegation, that we are good enough to make the top 10 and with a bit more consistency we could of made the play-offs.

Just my opinions, thats all, nothing else.

PS - I find it a 'crying shame' that we did not get into the top six because there was a big opportunity and the teams in the championship this year gave us a big chance.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:09]
Mide Shodipo on 10:01 - Apr 16 with 1388 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 09:53 - Apr 16 by BAWHoops

Unless he is going to be converted to a right wing back (and his crossing isn't good enough I think to do that) I don't see him getting in the side.
Willock, Chair, Thomas, Adomah all ahead of him to play in the 2 behind a central striker and we don't play with out and out wingers anymore

He appears to have found his level at League 1 and if we can get £100k for him then it's probably not the worst piece of business in the world

Spot on BAW........take what we can even if its a free transfer and spend his wages and training time on another player who has a better chance of playing for us. RWB - wow, that's a thought!!!
Mide Shodipo on 10:15 - Apr 16 with 1363 viewsfrancisbowles

Mide Shodipo on 09:57 - Apr 16 by gazza1

Hang on....Shopido is not part of our squad because he is not good enough and I don't think he will ever be good enough unless we are relegated.

Dykes has been very poor indeed despite many on this MB thinking he doing OK. He has been poor, just the truth and I would say pretty factual. I expected more from a professional footballer. I have recognised recent improvements and hope that they continue. It amazes me that so many find his performances acceptable and make excuses for him, talk about fitness, lack of experience, unlucky, playing lots of games, etc, etc.....he is a professional ffs earning, I would suggest good money, a lot more than most, if not all who write on the MB.

Willock, is someone who I believe has been very inconsistent, again lots of excuses why he has been but the bottom line is that he was very inconsistent and why he wasn't playing as much. He has got better and so he plays more.

Just my opinions.....as for the likes of Barbet & Wallace who many slagged off - I supported them and they are and have been decent despite the critism . I am very pleased with most of the other players and I am very supportive of MW and his team, again, despite lots wanting MW to be replaced. I have said all along, when others were talking relegation, that we are good enough to make the top 10 and with a bit more consistency we could of made the play-offs.

PS - I find it a 'crying shame' that we did not get into the top six because there was a big opportunity and the teams in the championship this year gave us a big chance.

On the 'unlucky, playing lots of games, etc, etc.....he is a professional ffs', you are not being reasonable.

It doesn't matter what he or anyone else earns, they are a human being. It's the most basic of sports science. An athlete needs to train but rest is equally important for the body and mind.

You cannot expect a sportsman (or woman) to be at peak performance, mentally or physically if you give them too much to do.

Back to Shodipo, I agree with you to a point. I don't think he has proved himself at Oxford, five full 90 min appearances would support that but there may be a place in a 25 man squad for him. There may be occasions when we want to play with an out and out winger or want to change the tactics during a game and bring him off the bench. Depends if we have anyone else who could do that and is close to being ready to step up. Otherwise, he may go on loan again to see if he can build on what he has done at Oxford.
Mide Shodipo on 10:21 - Apr 16 with 1344 viewsted_hendrix

FWIW I doubt very much that Shopido will be at QPR next season he'll be loaned out again or sold at a minimum.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mide Shodipo on 10:26 - Apr 16 with 1320 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 09:57 - Apr 16 by gazza1

Sorry pal, i was only interested in who in our current squad you like as a player and rate? I have read your posts and opinions on many of our players and wasnt interested in reopening that debate when we clearly disagree with one another on many of those players.
Mide Shodipo on 11:15 - Apr 16 with 1247 viewsWestbourneR

Considering the size of our club and what we paid for them I'm a but unsure what you reasonably expect from our players - including Willock & Dykes.

If they were better in the ways you demand they wouldn't currently be at QPR but be worth X£10millions.

Our players are a work in progress because they have to be.

And with that in mind - they've done very very well of late. Willock has been outstanding, as has Dykes.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mide Shodipo on 13:21 - Apr 16 with 1158 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 11:15 - Apr 16 by WestbourneR

Considering the size of our club and what we paid for them I'm a but unsure what you reasonably expect from our players - including Willock & Dykes.

If they were better in the ways you demand they wouldn't currently be at QPR but be worth X£10millions.

Our players are a work in progress because they have to be.

And with that in mind - they've done very very well of late. Willock has been outstanding, as has Dykes.

I think I have said what I expect and why I am disappointed, I don't think that my opinions are unjust or unreasonable. I may be in the minority but I still stand by my opinion.

I do not believe that what I am expecting, basic footballing skills and some better consistency, makes those players worth ££££millions. It should be a 'basic' for a professional footballer.....they are getting paid paid big money per week.

Work in progress never stops whether you are at the top of the tree or an apprentice.

Yes agree, both Dykes and Willock have done much better and it must continue, Outstanding, in my opinion, is well OTT though.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 14:25]
Mide Shodipo on 14:39 - Apr 16 with 1107 viewsWestbourneR

Mide Shodipo on 13:21 - Apr 16 by gazza1

I think I have said what I expect and why I am disappointed, I don't think that my opinions are unjust or unreasonable. I may be in the minority but I still stand by my opinion.

I do not believe that what I am expecting, basic footballing skills and some better consistency, makes those players worth ££££millions. It should be a 'basic' for a professional footballer.....they are getting paid paid big money per week.

Work in progress never stops whether you are at the top of the tree or an apprentice.

Yes agree, both Dykes and Willock have done much better and it must continue, Outstanding, in my opinion, is well OTT though.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 14:25]

But it doesn't make any sense Gazza. We're 10th in the Championship. So there are only a 9 clubs above us and then the Premier League who have players who can do 'the basics' as you put them. And, Barnsley aside, they're all on much more money.

Our league position strongly suggests our players do the basics and a whole lot more.

They're actually quite significantly over-achieving.

So yeah, your expectations are demonstrably unjust and unreasonable.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Mide Shodipo (n/t) on 19:28 - Apr 16 with 1010 viewsderbyhoop

Shodipo has gone from 27 games in 4 years at QPR to a loan spell at Oxford where he has made 28 appearances and scored 10 times.
Clive's words about the improvements after 50 and 100 appearances may be relevant OR he may not be any better than L1. Football people better qualified than any of us will make the decision.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 20:34]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mide Shodipo on 20:08 - Apr 16 with 981 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 14:39 - Apr 16 by WestbourneR

But it doesn't make any sense Gazza. We're 10th in the Championship. So there are only a 9 clubs above us and then the Premier League who have players who can do 'the basics' as you put them. And, Barnsley aside, they're all on much more money.

Our league position strongly suggests our players do the basics and a whole lot more.

They're actually quite significantly over-achieving.

So yeah, your expectations are demonstrably unjust and unreasonable.

We are not in 10th place, who knows about clubs financials but I would suggest that millwall has small budget as well as Barnsley and maybe brentford. I don’t know but there could be others. Luton must be on a low budget and could be on the same points as us if they win there game in hand.

I think our performances and results highlight that players have been inconsistent, you have only got to look at our last few results, b’ham, huddersfield, rotherham so we clearly are inconsistent and that is players.

As for over achieving- not for me, we have a squad that should be doing much better, top 10 for sure, chances of play-offs should be a ambition. This championship is pretty average.

Your expectations are, for sure, a lot, lot lower than mine.
Mide Shodipo on 20:37 - Apr 16 with 964 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 20:08 - Apr 16 by gazza1

We are not in 10th place, who knows about clubs financials but I would suggest that millwall has small budget as well as Barnsley and maybe brentford. I don’t know but there could be others. Luton must be on a low budget and could be on the same points as us if they win there game in hand.

I think our performances and results highlight that players have been inconsistent, you have only got to look at our last few results, b’ham, huddersfield, rotherham so we clearly are inconsistent and that is players.

As for over achieving- not for me, we have a squad that should be doing much better, top 10 for sure, chances of play-offs should be a ambition. This championship is pretty average.

Your expectations are, for sure, a lot, lot lower than mine.

I'm sorry but you constantly contradict yourself Gazza. Our performances are inconsistent and yet we should be challenging for the playoffs? Many of our players aren't of the required standard and yet we should be in the playoffs?

Which is it?

Budget wise, Clive has done peices as has a guy on twitter based on our public accounts that show we have one of the lowest budgets for player wages in the championship - something like the 4th lowest.
Mide Shodipo on 08:08 - Apr 17 with 853 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 20:37 - Apr 16 by Welsh_Ranger

I'm sorry but you constantly contradict yourself Gazza. Our performances are inconsistent and yet we should be challenging for the playoffs? Many of our players aren't of the required standard and yet we should be in the playoffs?

Which is it?

Budget wise, Clive has done peices as has a guy on twitter based on our public accounts that show we have one of the lowest budgets for player wages in the championship - something like the 4th lowest.

No contradictions from me - clear and concise actually.

Off course we have been inconsistent.....just look at the games that we have lost and the teams we have lost to. That tells me that we are inconsistent, why it doesn't say that to you or others I do not know. Do you know what team are going to turn up today at Middlesboro?, will we win or loose?? Our A Team could get a result or B team a defeat.

The reason we are in the current league position is because we have got some good players and have made some excellent signings. We can be a real decent team. I still believe, and I have seen every game this season, that we could and perhaps should be higher than our current league position.

I do not debate that we are paying our players a lot less nowadays.
Mide Shodipo (n/t) on 08:11 - Apr 17 with 848 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo (n/t) on 19:28 - Apr 16 by derbyhoop

Shodipo has gone from 27 games in 4 years at QPR to a loan spell at Oxford where he has made 28 appearances and scored 10 times.
Clive's words about the improvements after 50 and 100 appearances may be relevant OR he may not be any better than L1. Football people better qualified than any of us will make the decision.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 20:34]

Where has Clive said that.....never seen it?? Don't think he would say that either.
Mide Shodipo on 08:21 - Apr 17 with 847 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 08:08 - Apr 17 by gazza1

No contradictions from me - clear and concise actually.

Off course we have been inconsistent.....just look at the games that we have lost and the teams we have lost to. That tells me that we are inconsistent, why it doesn't say that to you or others I do not know. Do you know what team are going to turn up today at Middlesboro?, will we win or loose?? Our A Team could get a result or B team a defeat.

The reason we are in the current league position is because we have got some good players and have made some excellent signings. We can be a real decent team. I still believe, and I have seen every game this season, that we could and perhaps should be higher than our current league position.

I do not debate that we are paying our players a lot less nowadays.

You might need to look up the word contradiction.

I haven't stated my opinion on how or where this team should be or on any results or if i believe us to be inconsistent but inconcistent teams do not get promoted or win leagues, that is a simple fact.

I'm still intrigued as you haven't answered who is your favourite current player?
Mide Shodipo (n/t) on 08:24 - Apr 17 with 843 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo (n/t) on 08:11 - Apr 17 by gazza1

Where has Clive said that.....never seen it?? Don't think he would say that either.

Its been widely spoken about by MW when talking about the education of young players in that you see a difference in game management and decision making after a certain amount of games, which then continues to grow. Alot of the time it is when MW is talking about an academy education....

MW often spoke about it in relation to Eze and Chair.

Clive often references it in his reports/match previews etc..
Mide Shodipo on 08:30 - Apr 17 with 829 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 08:21 - Apr 17 by Welsh_Ranger

You might need to look up the word contradiction.

I haven't stated my opinion on how or where this team should be or on any results or if i believe us to be inconsistent but inconcistent teams do not get promoted or win leagues, that is a simple fact.

I'm still intrigued as you haven't answered who is your favourite current player?

the word contradiction is good for me....simples.

Not debating if inconsistent teams win leagues.....im saying that if we was consistent we would be near, if not play-offs.

Favourite player.......don't really do that, i am a team player. I dislike players who don't play for/with his team mates, that's why I dislike players like Tarabatt despite his skills, etc. Selfish inconsiderate man who done well because of the players around him.
Mide Shodipo on 09:12 - Apr 17 with 805 viewsQPR_Jim

Mide Shodipo on 08:30 - Apr 17 by gazza1

the word contradiction is good for me....simples.

Not debating if inconsistent teams win leagues.....im saying that if we was consistent we would be near, if not play-offs.

Favourite player.......don't really do that, i am a team player. I dislike players who don't play for/with his team mates, that's why I dislike players like Tarabatt despite his skills, etc. Selfish inconsiderate man who done well because of the players around him.

"I dislike players who don't play for/with his team mates, that's why I dislike players like Tarabatt despite his skills, etc. Selfish inconsiderate man who done well because of the players around him."

It works both ways though, without Taarabt the team wouldn't have got promoted. Where it's easy to sympathise with that team is that most of them will admit he was a major reason for us getting promoted but I doubt you'll ever hear Adel say he couldn't get promoted without the team. Unfortunately without the ego he probably wouldn't have had the attitude to nutmeg Joe Allen and curl one in from outside the box.
Mide Shodipo on 09:19 - Apr 17 with 795 viewsted_hendrix

Ooh what a palaver.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mide Shodipo on 09:53 - Apr 17 with 774 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 09:19 - Apr 17 by ted_hendrix

Ooh what a palaver.

I love Pavlova!
Mide Shodipo on 10:25 - Apr 17 with 740 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 09:12 - Apr 17 by QPR_Jim

"I dislike players who don't play for/with his team mates, that's why I dislike players like Tarabatt despite his skills, etc. Selfish inconsiderate man who done well because of the players around him."

It works both ways though, without Taarabt the team wouldn't have got promoted. Where it's easy to sympathise with that team is that most of them will admit he was a major reason for us getting promoted but I doubt you'll ever hear Adel say he couldn't get promoted without the team. Unfortunately without the ego he probably wouldn't have had the attitude to nutmeg Joe Allen and curl one in from outside the box.

yes, i understand....and he did give me much joy that season - but i still dislike him, he is a plonker.
Mide Shodipo on 10:43 - Apr 17 with 723 viewsDavieQPR

Shopido won't stay because his older contract means he earns more than players such as Dykes.
Mide Shodipo on 10:59 - Apr 17 with 711 viewskensalriser

Mide Shodipo on 22:10 - Apr 15 by Myke

His fitness.For the first time in years he is having an injury free run. We have seen at first hand with Wallace, the difference that being fully fit can make. My position on Shodipo is well documented on previous threads. I like him; he is fast,direct hasa great delivery and likes to hug the line. With Willock playing more inside (which he always had a tendency to do, even when playing as a winger) there is room for Shodipo as an impact sub next season when teams are tiring. If he stays fit, he is championship standard, if not for us, then for someone else. We have invested so much time (and no little money) over the last few years, it seems illogical to cut him loose, just when he is finding fitness and form. At the very least keep him until Christmas and see how next season pans out for him

It sounds as though because you've decided you like him you're ignoring any evidence that might change your mind.

A tenner to the QPR Tiger Cubs says he won't make any first team appearances for QPR next season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mide Shodipo on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 688 viewsdmm

Mide Shodipo on 10:43 - Apr 17 by DavieQPR

Shopido won't stay because his older contract means he earns more than players such as Dykes.

How do you know this to be true, DavieQPR?
Mide Shodipo on 11:46 - Apr 17 with 671 viewsfrancisbowles

Mide Shodipo on 10:43 - Apr 17 by DavieQPR

He has another year on his contract with us.
Mide Shodipo on 11:51 - Apr 17 with 655 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 11:29 - Apr 17 by dmm

How do you know this to be true, DavieQPR?

Don't expect a response.....

People on this MB are basically guessing when they talk money/wages. I doubt if, even, the players themselves know what wages each other are earning - it is very emotive subject indeed and can have adverse effects on team bonding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024