Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham 22:58 - Apr 13 with 3363 viewsdigswellhoop

did we just not turn up?
Rotherham on 15:06 - Apr 14 with 833 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham on 11:47 - Apr 14 by Malintabuk

For me it was a strange team to put out. I was confused about the thinking
If Warbs was totally truthful about getting as many points on the board as possible then it was a strange selection regarding the forward line up
If he played Kelman and Thomas with "one eye on next season" fair enough, and in fairness they had decent games. I was again surprised that he never subbed them earlier.
But why are we playing Johansen and Field? The hopeful explanation for that is there's a chance they are staying, which would be good news indeed. But if they are not then should we now be playing loan players when we are safe?
Why not at least put this kid Armstrong on the bench to introduce him to the squad you don't have to use him.
De Wijs even if not staying I understand. Warbs really had no option as he want to play 3 at the back. But worried that he is trying to do that with the wrong personnel in a situation of not wanting to go to a flat 4. We all know the 3 works but not if you don't have a replacement sub as in trying Field and now Kakay.
Strange game yesterday it was almost a situation of mixed messages from the Warbs. One we want as many points as possible but also experiment with one eye on next year.
If it worked last night and we won it would be a different thing.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 11:49]

Field is practically ours, we have an option on him.
Rotherham on 15:07 - Apr 14 with 833 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham on 14:50 - Apr 14 by TheChef

Well you should have learned, having not watched the Wednesday game, not to watch last night.

I think our record in 2021 is that we have won more than the odd game!

Blimey we do love an over reaction on here.
Rotherham on 15:15 - Apr 14 with 816 viewskensalriser

Was the starting line up entirely to blame for the defeat? We were doing fine at 1-0 up and in control of the game until they equalised.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rotherham on 15:17 - Apr 14 with 809 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham on 15:15 - Apr 14 by kensalriser

Was the starting line up entirely to blame for the defeat? We were doing fine at 1-0 up and in control of the game until they equalised.

Agree, and isn't it amazing how Wallace has gone from someone who shouldn't be near the first team to one of the reasons we lose because he doesn't play!!!!!
Rotherham on 15:17 - Apr 14 with 809 viewsToast_R

Rotherham on 13:56 - Apr 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fair, but League Tables are determined by points not form though.

Not such and issue if we lose to Rotherham but beat Brentford, Bristol, and Watford.

Sorry to be so Happy Clapper about it, but I really don’t think last night is indicative of anything that will happen next season.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 13:58]

Its these types of losses that will see us fall short though. When we're in a fight we rarely seem to be able to roll the sleeves up and dig in. We appear to only play one way or its the high way.

Huddersfield, Derby, Rotherham, Birmigham have all turned us over when we've been supposedly in good form. A worry.
Rotherham on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 777 viewsjoe90

Rotherham on 15:07 - Apr 14 by PinnerPaul

I think our record in 2021 is that we have won more than the odd game!

Blimey we do love an over reaction on here.

Frustration not over-reaction. I think most of us know the good work the club have done this season, but I can't help but feel frustrated when we lose especially when we're looking really good one game and poor the next. I think a lot of the games we've lost have been one's we've reasonably expected to win.
Rotherham on 15:32 - Apr 14 with 766 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham on 15:26 - Apr 14 by joe90

Frustration not over-reaction. I think most of us know the good work the club have done this season, but I can't help but feel frustrated when we lose especially when we're looking really good one game and poor the next. I think a lot of the games we've lost have been one's we've reasonably expected to win.

Inevitable in this league Joe, as Clive has said not even a handful of teams have been consistent - good or bad - this season.
Rotherham on 15:47 - Apr 14 with 733 viewscolinallcars

Rotherham on 15:32 - Apr 14 by PinnerPaul

Inevitable in this league Joe, as Clive has said not even a handful of teams have been consistent - good or bad - this season.

Indeed. This has been an abnormal season. Teams can seem absolutely knackered one week, then fresh as a proverbial daisy the next. Injuries and on occasions players missing because of Covid distort the form.
Reading between the lines we have clearly made progress and I feel fairly optimistic.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham on 16:25 - Apr 14 with 684 viewsNed_Kennedys

Rotherham on 15:17 - Apr 14 by PinnerPaul

Agree, and isn't it amazing how Wallace has gone from someone who shouldn't be near the first team to one of the reasons we lose because he doesn't play!!!!!

Hardly: it’s the one position on the pitch where the second choice is miles behind the first choice in terms of quality and effort.
Rotherham on 00:09 - Apr 15 with 584 viewsdigswellhoop

Rotherham on 11:51 - Apr 14 by Juzzie

He had one thread deleted last night (not sure if that was due to his ‘we are crap’ type comments or those of others).

IMO this is just trolling now by him. Wait until we lose, start an inflammatory thread then sit back and see all the responses without actually joining in.

All this can be discussed on the match thread, why the need for another if it isn’t attention seeking/trolling etc?

I'm not a troll dont know why my post was deleted as I didn't use th language some do on forum I'm a 64 year old fan seen been done it now getting frustrated by the so called dans still believe we are already club QE ARE NIT ANYWHERE NEAR
Rotherham on 09:23 - Apr 15 with 479 viewsfrancisbowles

Rotherham on 15:06 - Apr 14 by PinnerPaul

Field is practically ours, we have an option on him.

Agree with all your other comments Pinner.

However, having an option is not a certainty. Someone else may come in and having seen how well he has played for us, offer Field, for example £16k a week when we are offering £8k.

Hope he does sign but until the ink is dry............
Rotherham on 09:50 - Apr 15 with 449 viewsLimehouseR

This league by its very nature is inconsistent.

We've got 36 points from our last 20 games. That's more than good enough to be in the playoffs next season if we carry it on. Doesn't matter too much who you are losing to, if you get the points over a long period of time then you're going to finish high up the table. Simple.

The fact that we are even in with a chance of finishing this season in the top half is fantastic if you ask me. Wasn't too long ago people thought we'd be sure to go down...
Rotherham on 10:03 - Apr 15 with 436 viewsTheChef

Rotherham on 00:09 - Apr 15 by digswellhoop

I'm not a troll dont know why my post was deleted as I didn't use th language some do on forum I'm a 64 year old fan seen been done it now getting frustrated by the so called dans still believe we are already club QE ARE NIT ANYWHERE NEAR

I'm curious to know then what you're expectations are Diggers, given your many years as a fan?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rotherham on 10:09 - Apr 15 with 425 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham on 10:03 - Apr 15 by TheChef

I'm curious to know then what you're expectations are Diggers, given your many years as a fan?

Digswell has been wumming so long now that he almost is a fan.

I bet he dreams of us at night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham on 10:48 - Apr 15 with 374 viewsnix

Rotherham on 10:09 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Digswell has been wumming so long now that he almost is a fan.

I bet he dreams of us at night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024