Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading 10:10 - Apr 14 with 13687 viewsNorthernr

Another train wreck set of accounts

Reading on 20:51 - Apr 14 with 2844 viewsstowmarketrange

Reading on 19:56 - Apr 14 by Harbour

Blimey did not realise they had already sold it...how many championship clubs actually own their own stadiums....seems a very risky strategy stop paying the rent get evicted ala Coventry.

There’s always Elm Park.
Reading on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 2749 viewsthemodfather

the rules are there for all, covid or not , yes it has impacted every club and most more than the elite few , if there was to be any suspensions of the "rules" the efl/fa should have agreed it at the start of the season for clarity. apart from that i dislike Reading a lot!
Reading on 22:17 - Apr 14 with 2693 viewsQPR_John

Reading on 21:57 - Apr 14 by themodfather

the rules are there for all, covid or not , yes it has impacted every club and most more than the elite few , if there was to be any suspensions of the "rules" the efl/fa should have agreed it at the start of the season for clarity. apart from that i dislike Reading a lot!

As much as I dislike supporting the FL if they had announce any suspension before the season started I'm sure there would have been some clubs that would have taken advantage.
Reading on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 2679 viewsT_Block

Grow up- any reasonable fan/human being does not want clubs going under-very ugly response
Reading on 22:29 - Apr 14 with 2651 viewsdavman

Reading on 13:23 - Apr 14 by Toast_R

FFP has been a thing for what, 7/8 years now?

Has it improved anything?

Absolutely it has improved things for some. There is no hint of any upstarts threatening the monopoly the top 6 have at the top of the English game irrespective of the fact that two of them (Scum and Citeh) smashed every semblance of "FFP" to be where they are today. Long term security sorted, stability of top 6 finishes and European football secured.

The gap between the Prem and the Champ will mean that teams will do what they can to get to the big league and will also mean teams coming down will have a ridiculous advantage for the first couple of years, but if they don't get back up they are truly screwed as they will have to cut the wage bill in a similarly brutal way we've had to.

I fear that this season is just the start - the three relegated teams walk back to the top flight and I suspect that next season it'll be the same.

Just like thinking about how big the Universe actually is - a waste of time that just makes your head spin and spin. Live for Matchday, focus on that, whoever, wherever QPR is playing; it's the only way to keep semi-sane...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading on 23:24 - Apr 14 with 2567 viewsDannyPaddox

Reading on 22:22 - Apr 14 by T_Block

Grow up- any reasonable fan/human being does not want clubs going under-very ugly response

Don’t want to see them go under. Do want to see them abide by the same rules and sanctions that we had to and are still having to. Also wouldn’t mind getting Ejaria on the cheap.
Reading on 05:16 - Apr 15 with 2438 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Does anyone know when will our accounts be available?
Reading on 06:30 - Apr 15 with 2394 viewsloftboy

Reading on 05:16 - Apr 15 by superhoopdownunder

Does anyone know when will our accounts be available?

We published ours on time

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Reading on 07:08 - Apr 15 with 2358 viewsNorthernr

Reading on 06:30 - Apr 15 by loftboy

We published ours on time

Yeh we didn't get the transfer embargo, hence we could sign Field, so they're obviously in somewhere and we're just waiting for them to publish on Companies House.
Reading on 09:30 - Apr 15 with 2225 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading on 15:56 - Apr 14 by Roller

The P&S calculation is based on Earnings Before Tax (EBT) not Operating Profit. Typically Operating Profit would not include the profit made from player sales and in Reading's case the sale of their training ground and stadium. I still think that they would be in breach from numbers I've previously worked out on them, but there are two temporary changes to FFP which will see them get a stay of execution.

The assessment of the 2019/20 season has been postponed for one year and it will be assessed in conjunction with the 2020/21 season using an average of the two seasons. As clubs are required to submit management figures for the current season by 1st March each year, the initial assessments of these figures, alongside the 2017/18 and 2018/18 accounts should already be underway.

The other temporary changes to the P&S calculation is to the scope of the permitted adjustments to the EBT. In addition to the existing disallowable costs for items such as expenditure on youth development, community schemes and women’s football, for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons costs directly attributable to Covid-19 can also be excluded. This not only covers costs such as making grounds and training facilities Covid secure and testing players and staff for Covid, but also lost revenue, such as ticket sales, sponsorship, advertising, hospitality and catering, from matches played behind closed doors. Derby's financial team have presumably found a whole host of new loop holes to exploit.

Thanks Roller. i haven't seen the P&S covid alleviations list before. The accountants are going to be busier than ever.

It should stop some of the speculation on this season being excluded but seeing some of the subsequent comments on this thread, I fear not. Lol.
Reading on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 2119 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Makes you wonder how much longer clubs will survive if these restrictions continue.
Reading on 11:17 - Apr 15 with 2061 viewskensalriser

Urgent attention needed from the League on the matter of stadiums being sold off in questionable deals. It's simple asset stripping.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reading on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 2029 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Reading on 11:17 - Apr 15 by kensalriser

Urgent attention needed from the League on the matter of stadiums being sold off in questionable deals. It's simple asset stripping.

Yeah I can’t get my head around it. Spending on infrastructure isn’t included in FFP calculations but somehow sale of infrastructure is.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Reading on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 2020 viewsMedwayR

It's outrageous that the Football league, the body that's supposed to act in the interests of and protect its clubs has implemented a system which encourages asset stripping of their clubs.

As an aside, the latest from companies house is that the £17m shareholders loans converted into shares was 50% provided by Ruben and 50% by Fernandes & Kamarudin Meranun, so the Mittals still aren't funding the club and diminishing their shareholding although clearly they're still involved in the club. I wonder at which point they'll be prepared/invited to pump money in again.

Poll: Who’s better?

Reading on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 2018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reading on 11:24 - Apr 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yeah I can’t get my head around it. Spending on infrastructure isn’t included in FFP calculations but somehow sale of infrastructure is.

That's bizarre, alright.

FFP aside, the League/FA should vest all League Grounds. That's not to say that the League/FA would own any part of them financially but that all vested League Grounds could only be sold with their permission.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Reading on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 2017 viewsdavman

Reading on 11:17 - Apr 15 by kensalriser

You are right, but "urgent attention" and the "EFL" is possibly the biggest oxymoron there is.

Look how long our FFP issue took to sort out and the fact that C-19 was the only reason they "sorted" Wigan and Sheff W out last season.

Because these rules are fundamentally flawed with multiple loopholes, it takes forever to determine whether a breach is a breach.

This is NOT the way to protect the clubs.

Still think that owners spending what they want as long as they do so in advance rather than saddling clubs with debt is the way to protect the clubs. Yes, that is not straightforward, but adding some measures as a condition of membership with the league would surely help?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1961 viewsted_hendrix

Yea-yea whatever-fck the fakes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading on 12:22 - Apr 15 with 1889 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Reading on 11:28 - Apr 15 by davman

You are right, but "urgent attention" and the "EFL" is possibly the biggest oxymoron there is.

Look how long our FFP issue took to sort out and the fact that C-19 was the only reason they "sorted" Wigan and Sheff W out last season.

Because these rules are fundamentally flawed with multiple loopholes, it takes forever to determine whether a breach is a breach.

This is NOT the way to protect the clubs.

Still think that owners spending what they want as long as they do so in advance rather than saddling clubs with debt is the way to protect the clubs. Yes, that is not straightforward, but adding some measures as a condition of membership with the league would surely help?

From my understanding the FA threatened to throw us out of the league if we didn’t stop our legal dispute. So we gave in and accepted the punishment. Otherwise we’d probably still be in dispute today. Although judging by Hoo’s statement in the winter we are still in dispute of the fine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165339/QPR-CEO-Lee-Hoos-send

Reading on 13:23 - Apr 15 with 1791 viewsTGRRRSSS

Give them a 10 million fine and lets see what happens, plus points deduction of say 10 points

Sounds fair to me
Reading on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1708 viewsEsox_Lucius

A fine would be almost meaningless to their owners. Points deduction and a 3 year transfer embargo would hit them much harder.

The grass is always greener.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Apr 15 with 1615 viewsQPR_John

Reading on 12:22 - Apr 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

From my understanding the FA threatened to throw us out of the league if we didn’t stop our legal dispute. So we gave in and accepted the punishment. Otherwise we’d probably still be in dispute today. Although judging by Hoo’s statement in the winter we are still in dispute of the fine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165339/QPR-CEO-Lee-Hoos-send

Are you sure. I would have thought trying to stop someone taking legal action by means of a threat is pretty close to contempt of court.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 15:52]
Reading on 16:22 - Apr 15 with 1547 viewsQPRSteve

After what happened to us we must have our pound of flesh.

I demand the following sanctions:

Derby - Immediate relegation and 50 point deduction for next season.

Forest - Immediate relegation and transfer embargoed until they get the squad size down to less than 11

Reading - Immediate relegation and must promise never to copy QPR in any form or way whatsoever

Brentford - Club dissolved, ground destroyed and used as cess pit.

Feel free to add.
Reading on 16:39 - Apr 15 with 1509 viewsRog

Reading on 16:22 - Apr 15 by QPRSteve

After what happened to us we must have our pound of flesh.

I demand the following sanctions:

Derby - Immediate relegation and 50 point deduction for next season.

Forest - Immediate relegation and transfer embargoed until they get the squad size down to less than 11

Reading - Immediate relegation and must promise never to copy QPR in any form or way whatsoever

Brentford - Club dissolved, ground destroyed and used as cess pit.

Feel free to add.

Cardiff and Swansea to join the Welsh Premier League where they actually belong?
Reading on 17:08 - Apr 15 with 1461 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Apr 15 by QPR_John

Are you sure. I would have thought trying to stop someone taking legal action by means of a threat is pretty close to contempt of court.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 15:52]

I can’t remember the exact story. I think we were found guilty by a commitee but it was a decision that we could have appealed.

Shall we say that the EFL strongly advised us against doing so and that we could lose our league status.

Here’s an extract from a club statement from the time.

-QPR Chief Executive, Lee Hoos said: “Whilst QPR felt it had a very strong case on appeal, we felt it was best to put this matter behind us to enable all parties to have certainty and allow us to continue focusing on running the Club in a sustainable manner going forward.
“We feel this is in the best interests of football as a whole.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-settle-ffp-dispute-with-efl/

Reading on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1445 viewsdenhamhoop2

Here's an idea clubs can spend what they like but for every million lost they lose a point for that season. Wonder what the table would look like come the end of every season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024