Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading 10:10 - Apr 14 with 13540 viewsNorthernr

Another train wreck set of accounts

Reading on 17:50 - Apr 15 with 3251 viewscolinallcars

Reading on 16:22 - Apr 15 by QPRSteve

After what happened to us we must have our pound of flesh.

I demand the following sanctions:

Derby - Immediate relegation and 50 point deduction for next season.

Forest - Immediate relegation and transfer embargoed until they get the squad size down to less than 11

Reading - Immediate relegation and must promise never to copy QPR in any form or way whatsoever

Brentford - Club dissolved, ground destroyed and used as cess pit.

Feel free to add.

Aw, wishy-washy measures like those wouldn't be much of a deterrent.
Reading on 07:15 - Apr 16 with 2998 viewsthemodfather

do i wish a club to fold? um, few gave us any sympathy and i recall going to southampton and their fans saying "qpr had all the money" i told them, "you have a brand new ground and undersold your best players" anyway , we were in admin, had the buckets out and we all know we had dodgy chairmen , debts and an endless list of grief, who cried for us? it just seems too many clubs are cash struck , owners will come and will go, the fans stay. fans wanted football to get a grip not make things worse.
i keep recalling dear old harry asking the press after a game at manure, "where is the fair play , qpr spent £50m on a squad of players to try and stay up, man utd have one player out there worth more than that alone" not verbatim but they had di maria at £70m and another at £55m that day. the prem lge dumped on football once and will do again, this talk of a european prem league won't go away imo. would a prem lge 2 help?
Reading on 08:00 - Apr 16 with 2935 viewsdavman

Reading on 07:15 - Apr 16 by themodfather

do i wish a club to fold? um, few gave us any sympathy and i recall going to southampton and their fans saying "qpr had all the money" i told them, "you have a brand new ground and undersold your best players" anyway , we were in admin, had the buckets out and we all know we had dodgy chairmen , debts and an endless list of grief, who cried for us? it just seems too many clubs are cash struck , owners will come and will go, the fans stay. fans wanted football to get a grip not make things worse.
i keep recalling dear old harry asking the press after a game at manure, "where is the fair play , qpr spent £50m on a squad of players to try and stay up, man utd have one player out there worth more than that alone" not verbatim but they had di maria at £70m and another at £55m that day. the prem lge dumped on football once and will do again, this talk of a european prem league won't go away imo. would a prem lge 2 help?

Prem lge 2 will not help us as there would be a real chance that we wouldn't even be in it! Also, that would, most likely, be the beginning of the end of the Pyramid system as Prems 1 and 2 would all get greedy and push for a closed shop with no relegation.

If anything, the sooner the big teams F off into a European or World Super League, the better, but the reality is that as much disdain they have for the little clubs, they'd prefer to play Burnley (a) than Porto (a).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading on 10:49 - Apr 16 with 2823 viewsphilc

Reading on 08:00 - Apr 16 by davman

Prem lge 2 will not help us as there would be a real chance that we wouldn't even be in it! Also, that would, most likely, be the beginning of the end of the Pyramid system as Prems 1 and 2 would all get greedy and push for a closed shop with no relegation.

If anything, the sooner the big teams F off into a European or World Super League, the better, but the reality is that as much disdain they have for the little clubs, they'd prefer to play Burnley (a) than Porto (a).

I’ve often thought about a Premiership 2 as something that will come in the future, where we would be who knows. Parachute money is making the Championship more split, both Norwich and Watford look like they’re going straight back up and if the teams coming down this year old their nerve look too strong next year as well.

If we ever make it to the Premiership the aim should be ensure we end up being too good for the Championship not good enough to stay in the Premiership. Up to at least a third of the Premiership are only one bad season from being relegated, so the aim should be ensuring the structure is in place to keep obtaining promotion. If we can be in this group then we would probably make a Premiership 2.

A realisation must take over in the leagues, players must accept lower wages and fans that this is their level. This will eventually ensure that teams on a level playing field, But ultimately as the gap with the Premiership/ top of Championship widens the dream of playing at a higher level will disappear.
Reading on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 2820 viewsphilc

I’ve often thought about a Premiership 2 as something that will come in the future, where we would be who knows. Parachute money is making the Championship more split, both Norwich and Watford look like they’re going straight back up and if the teams coming down this year hold their nerve look too strong next year as well.

If we ever make it to the Premiership the aim should be ensure we end up being too good for the Championship not good enough to stay in the Premiership. Up to at least a third of the Premiership are only one bad season from being relegated, so the aim should be ensuring the structure is in place to keep obtaining promotion. If we can be in this group then we would probably make a Premiership 2.

A realisation must take over in the leagues, players must accept lower wages and fans that this is their level. This will eventually ensure that teams on a level playing field, But ultimately as the gap with the Premiership/ top of Championship widens the dream of playing at a higher level will disappear.
Reading on 12:15 - Apr 16 with 2690 viewsDannyPaddox

Seriously WTF is a Premier League 2 and how different would it be to the Championship? Would League 1 then become the Championship or possibly Premier League 3? Would the Vanarama South eventually become Premier League 6.5? Is this just about money and nomenclature?
Reading on 12:16 - Apr 16 with 2683 viewsstowmarketrange

Reading on 10:50 - Apr 16 by philc

I’ve often thought about a Premiership 2 as something that will come in the future, where we would be who knows. Parachute money is making the Championship more split, both Norwich and Watford look like they’re going straight back up and if the teams coming down this year hold their nerve look too strong next year as well.

I think it’s more like 2/3rds of the league that are in danger of a relegation battle.Aston Villa had years of premier football to build the club up,but still went down.Same as fulham,stoke and many other well established premier league clubs.The only ones that are probably safe every year are the big 6 clubs plus everton.I don’t think even leicester are immune from a relegation scrap in the next few years.
Reading on 12:54 - Apr 16 with 2618 viewsted_hendrix

C'mon Cardiff tonight, make my day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Reading on 15:37 - Apr 16 with 2488 viewsfrancisbowles

Rather than a pl2 a fairer solution would be to combine the championship and the prem and split them. Keep promotion and relegation into & out off the leagues and have playoffs between them to decide on the Champions and European football. I think this is similar to baseball but with promotion and relegation.
Reading on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 2369 viewsphilc

Reading on 15:37 - Apr 16 by francisbowles

Rather than a pl2 a fairer solution would be to combine the championship and the prem and split them. Keep promotion and relegation into & out off the leagues and have playoffs between them to decide on the Champions and European football. I think this is similar to baseball but with promotion and relegation.

That would certainly be fairer, but I think that the inevitable consequence of the Premiership is we will become more like other Countries with a strong top division, comparatively speaking, and the rest of league will slowly become weaker with less and less money. Once this happens the gap will widen to such a degree that ending promotion and relegation will seem the logical solution.

This wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing as the rest of us could just get on with it and the Premiership could be a giant Harlem Globetrotters type spectacle
Reading on 17:45 - Apr 16 with 2298 viewssevenhoop

Totally agree with your second para. I really wish they’d piss off. Then others will have a fair chance, the cups would again become important and (and this is the best bit) they’d realise what they are missing from a competitive league and fans that have proper rivalry and give a shit
Reading on 17:54 - Apr 16 with 2281 viewsBoston

Premier League 2? I haven’t come to terms with Premier League 1 yet!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Reading on 18:09 - Apr 16 with 2251 viewsR_from_afar

Reading on 07:15 - Apr 16 by themodfather

Good points. I have said it so many times, any FFP system based on revenues is unfair because it immediately disadvantages clubs with smaller stadia and fan bases.

A better approach would be to set a salary limit for the squad, the same limit for everyone.

All the while the revenue based approach persists, the football authorities are expecting the smaller clubs to master the art of alchemy.

But then FFP was never really about the smaller clubs anyway, was it?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Reading on 18:10 - Apr 16 with 2248 viewsMickS

Reading on 17:45 - Apr 16 by sevenhoop

Totally agree with your second para. I really wish they’d piss off. Then others will have a fair chance, the cups would again become important and (and this is the best bit) they’d realise what they are missing from a competitive league and fans that have proper rivalry and give a shit

I’m in.

And take Leeds with you.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 18:11]
Reading on 19:50 - Apr 16 with 2169 viewsRs_Holy

Oh dear... currently losing 1-0 with 1minute to go
Reading on 19:57 - Apr 16 with 2152 viewsRs_Holy

Finished 1-1 🥸
Reading on 17:30 - Apr 21 with 1806 viewsthemodfather

football dumped on us once before and will do again......my crystal ball was bang on.
Reading on 19:50 - Apr 21 with 1645 viewsQPR_John

" Prems 1 and 2 would all get greedy and push for a closed shop with no relegation. "

I think after what has been said over the last few days the concept of promotion and relegation is safer than it has ever been
Reading on 21:47 - Apr 21 with 1550 viewsstowmarketrange

They are now 6 points behind barnsley with only 9 points available.Looks like their race is run.
Reading on 21:55 - Apr 21 with 1513 viewsdavman

Reading on 21:47 - Apr 21 by stowmarketrange

They are now 6 points behind barnsley with only 9 points available.Looks like their race is run.

Absolute collapse to go from where they started to this. Let's hope it continues next season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading on 07:04 - Apr 22 with 1329 viewsenfieldargh

Boro; Warnock saying a massive rebuild is on the cards but surely their parachute money has almost gone?

They spent big on Asombalonga, Fletcher, Saville, Howson +++ their wage bill must be pretty huge? Another club going for broke

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reading on 07:19 - Apr 22 with 1298 viewsNorthernr

Reading on 07:04 - Apr 22 by enfieldargh

Boro; Warnock saying a massive rebuild is on the cards but surely their parachute money has almost gone?

They spent big on Asombalonga, Fletcher, Saville, Howson +++ their wage bill must be pretty huge? Another club going for broke

Warnock though isn't it, just setting the table to make sure he gets what he wants in the summer. He's also said this rebuild will be his "toughest job in football" which he said about us and at least a dozen other things.
Reading on 07:23 - Apr 22 with 1295 viewsCamberleyR

Reading on 07:04 - Apr 22 by enfieldargh

Their parachute payments finished after the 2018-19 season. You now only get payments for two seasons if you go up and straight back down which they did the last time they were promoted under Karanka. If you were in the PL for more than one season before relegation you get a third year's payments.

We were fortunate that they changed the rules after the last time we were relegated from the PL as we got three years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_parachute_and_solidarity_payments#P
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 7:25]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Reading on 08:13 - Apr 22 with 1172 viewsenfieldargh

Reading on 07:23 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

Their parachute payments finished after the 2018-19 season. You now only get payments for two seasons if you go up and straight back down which they did the last time they were promoted under Karanka. If you were in the PL for more than one season before relegation you get a third year's payments.

We were fortunate that they changed the rules after the last time we were relegated from the PL as we got three years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_parachute_and_solidarity_payments#P

90.6 million !!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reading on 08:56 - Apr 22 with 1080 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading on 07:23 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

I think, under the old rules ours was spread over four years?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024