Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby now 4th bottom 21:27 - Apr 15 with 52944 viewsloftboy

Squeaky bum time for them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:48 - May 11 with 3387 viewsrsonist

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:37 - May 11 by TheChef

Fit and Proper to a tee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Suharto

It's a hell of a CV.
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:04 - May 11 with 3308 viewsBostonR

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:30 - May 11 by Northernr

No it was Preston and Ridsdale who were unsympathetic to our idea.

Thanks for the correction Clive.
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:05 - May 11 with 3300 viewsbosh67

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:48 - May 11 by rsonist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Suharto

It's a hell of a CV.

Seems like a nice lad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:16 - May 11 with 3256 viewsWegerles_Stairs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:28 - May 11 with 3191 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:16 - May 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than

Ouch, probably what they deserved though given how differently they treated the ones they wanted to keep.
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:39 - May 11 with 3151 viewsNorthernr

These Melnomics are really starting to add up
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:50 - May 11 with 3117 viewsKonk

You just have to love modern football. What a fuc king mess. And you just know that as with the Saudis and Newcastle, a sizeable chunk of Derby’s support will be saying that they want Suharto in because they might sign Neymar and it doesn’t really matter if you murder people or how you got your money, as long as you’re happy to splash the cash.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:51 - May 11 with 3109 viewsrsonist

Imagine the look on Keogh's face when news of the full payout reached him...

Or just look at any picture of him ever I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:10 - May 11 with 3040 viewsHarbour

The way Keogh was treated by DC is disgraceful and as for the 2 players leaving the scene of the crash with him unconscious in the back of the car is shameful.
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:21 - May 11 with 3004 viewskensalriser

Brilliant picture of Keogh, looks about 45 and has been sleeping on a park bench.

Deserved to win that case though, the way he was treated by Derby was absolutely scandalous.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:24 - May 11 with 2986 viewsJuzzie

Keogh's been "awarded" the payout, doesn't mean he's got it yet and I dare say he's going to have to fight further to get it.
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:26 - May 11 with 2972 viewsNorthernr

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:21 - May 11 by kensalriser

Brilliant picture of Keogh, looks about 45 and has been sleeping on a park bench.

Deserved to win that case though, the way he was treated by Derby was absolutely scandalous.

I never really understood how Derby expected anything other than to get rinsed at an employment tribunal over that. It was bloody obvious you couldn't do what they did.
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:27 - May 11 with 2967 viewsthemodfather

also efl on ssn today , guilty of breaches but any action may not be incurred until next season?? as for keogh getting £2.3m, wow, he ain't worth £2.30p , one assumes he proved derby offered a reduced contract? oh well, cmon wycombe demand derby lose one point!
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:31 - May 11 with 2940 viewsDWQPR

Not looking good for Derby does it. Seems that a perfect storm is brewing and about to engulf the whole club. Expect fire sales this summer not that they have much worth buying. I really can see this mob going to the wall. It’s good news for Keogh, although we know he isn’t the best he seems to me to be someone that always gave his best whoever he played for. A solid if limited professional.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:42 - May 11 with 2901 viewsGloryHunter

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:31 - May 11 by DWQPR

Not looking good for Derby does it. Seems that a perfect storm is brewing and about to engulf the whole club. Expect fire sales this summer not that they have much worth buying. I really can see this mob going to the wall. It’s good news for Keogh, although we know he isn’t the best he seems to me to be someone that always gave his best whoever he played for. A solid if limited professional.

Agreed. Loved him playing for Ireland.
Derby now 4th bottom on 16:56 - May 11 with 2757 viewsEastR

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:21 - May 11 by kensalriser

was thinking along similar lines

your dad's younger brother, uncle Richard. Always strung out and stinks when he makes an appearance at family gatherings. Used to have a dog on a string, and lived in a converted Bedford lorry. Now spends his days on XR protest sites trying to pick up women 25 years younger than him.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Derby now 4th bottom on 17:12 - May 11 with 2697 viewsSott

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:42 - May 11 by rsonist

In addition to that in there:

If the EFL agrees his funding is legitimate, are there any other obstacles to the deal getting done? Several.

Last August, Morris, who has sunk about £200 million of his wealth into his hometown club since 2014, took a loan from the British arm of American private equity firm MSD Partners secured against Pride Park and the club’s training ground.

Any change of ownership at the club would give MSD the right to call in this loan, which now totals somewhere between £15-30 million, depending on who you talk to. Whatever the exact amount, MSD can also apply early redemption penalties if it chooses.

The Athletic understands MSD would like to have its money back and move on, but Alonso wants the American firm to let him take personal responsibility for the loan and give up its claims on the club’s property assets. He would then provide security from personal assets.

When asked if he wanted to borrow more money against the stadium, which Morris bought from the club for £81 million in 2018 to help Derby avoid breaching the EFL’s financial fair play rules, Alonso said: “I don’t want to refinance. I just want the MSD loan in my name, so the club is clean.”

This is a perfectly understandable ambition for a new owner of a club that has just avoided relegation to League One by a point and needs a radical overhaul of its playing staff, but it hinges on a private equity firm agreeing to give up its legally enforceable claims against the various companies in the Derby group in return for personal guarantees from a 29-year-old of uncertain wealth.

(The other obstacles are the threat of points deduction, and a suggestion that the mystery backer might already be looking to kick Alonso out).

After Derbys last day shenanigans Alonso had gone missing on social media until this morning when he posted a video of his luxury apartment.
It took less than an hour for several fans to discover he'd nick it from another tictok account, not a good look when you're asking a bank to make over a multi million pound loan to you.
Dubious fellow,barge pole needed.
Derby now 4th bottom on 21:09 - May 11 with 2411 viewsdavman

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:15 - May 10 by QPR_John

“If you take the ruling body to court, fine, but you'll be expelled next season.”

I think the football authorities would be on shaky ground taking sanctions against a club for taking them to court.

Fair enough, but the point is make the rules clear, get everyone to sign up to them and have zero tolerance over transgressors.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:03 - May 11 with 2277 viewsloftboy

The following is a cut and paste from a post on their message board, why do other teams think we haven’t been punished ?

The EFL is quite happy to overlook Watford and Forest’s unique methods of circumventing FFP (switch/loan players between clubs for fee values to help their compliance with rules), not penalise the overspending of the likes Villa Bournemouth Leicester QPR Wolves, and overlook the dodgy practices of Steve Gibson and the use of his haulage company to help circumvent rules.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:54 - May 11 with 2175 viewsMyke

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:42 - May 11 by GloryHunter

Agreed. Loved him playing for Ireland.

This - delighted with today's verdict
Derby now 4th bottom on 07:29 - May 13 with 1734 viewsdistortR

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:54 - May 11 by Myke

This - delighted with today's verdict

and a great club captain and role model to younger players
But of course the other 2 involved should have been sacked too, I don't think Keogh can be defended on this, but the disparity in the treatment of the players is very wrong.
Still, football is now a victim of peak capitalism.
I was out with a Derby fan on Saturday, and I feel for him in all this - he knows about the potential new owners, where have the fans got to turn?
Derby now 4th bottom on 08:13 - May 13 with 1635 viewsdaveB

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:03 - May 11 by loftboy

The following is a cut and paste from a post on their message board, why do other teams think we haven’t been punished ?

The EFL is quite happy to overlook Watford and Forest’s unique methods of circumventing FFP (switch/loan players between clubs for fee values to help their compliance with rules), not penalise the overspending of the likes Villa Bournemouth Leicester QPR Wolves, and overlook the dodgy practices of Steve Gibson and the use of his haulage company to help circumvent rules.

because everyone thinks their own club is hard done by
Derby now 4th bottom on 09:55 - May 13 with 1477 viewsbosh67

Derby now 4th bottom on 22:03 - May 11 by loftboy

Yeah I think they may find that we got a world record £42m fine. Not exactly 'overlooked'!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby now 4th bottom on 10:50 - May 13 with 1401 viewsJuzzie

Derby now 4th bottom on 09:55 - May 13 by bosh67

Yeah I think they may find that we got a world record £42m fine. Not exactly 'overlooked'!

Bournemouth got fined too. Not as much as us but fined nevertheless. That poster needs to do their research properly.

oh, I forgot, it's the internet, no one gives a fk about actually finding facts out, for anything.
Derby now 4th bottom on 11:05 - May 13 with 1373 viewsQPR_John

Derby now 4th bottom on 08:13 - May 13 by daveB

because everyone thinks their own club is hard done by

Of course that is true but it does not excuse inaccuracies
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024