Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby now 4th bottom 21:27 - Apr 15 with 52957 viewsloftboy

Squeaky bum time for them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:27 - May 10 with 3062 viewsMaggsinho

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:21 - May 10 by stowmarketrange

As mentioned earlier by someone else,there is virtually zero chance of the EFL applying a points deduction now.The season has finished and the legal battle would drag on for months,possibly until the new season starts.

Macclesfield were relegated by a points deduction applied after the end of the season so there is some precedent there.
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:31 - May 10 with 3037 viewsTheChef

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:27 - May 10 by Maggsinho

Macclesfield were relegated by a points deduction applied after the end of the season so there is some precedent there.

And Wigan last season too, no?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:42 - May 10 with 2997 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Derby now 4th bottom on 12:31 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

At least we won to avoid relegation.
Derby stayed up by another team scoring in another game. I thought Waghorn's reaction was embarrassing. It's fine when you've stayed up by digging out a few wins in your last 5 or 6 games against the odds. Not when you've lost 6 in a row and then narrowly avoided defeat against the worst side in the division at home and only stayed up because of a fortunate draw somewhere else.

I could understand the relief and happiness of avoiding relegation but Waghorn's interview was odd. 'This is what footballers live for.' Really? Playing poorly all season and escaping relegation by the skin of your teeth, thanks to a late favour from Cardiff and Wednesday's 6-point deduction? That's what footballers live for? Give me 9th and progress, any day of the week.
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:43 - May 10 with 2998 viewsNorthantsHoop

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:08 - May 4 by NorthantsHoop

Derby could still go down on a points deduction, even if they beat Sheffield Wednesday. There is still an EFL appeal outstanding on the decision not to deduct points by an independent panel for breaching accounting rules on selling their stadium.

Think Derby will be penalised now and loss of points will be applied and they will be relegated.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 14:58]
Derby now 4th bottom on 14:54 - May 10 with 2961 viewsSimplyNico

Kieran Maguire indicating that Derby "saved" £30m over three seasons through their player amortisation. That could be expensive.
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:28 - May 10 with 2886 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:27 - May 10 by Maggsinho

There is a bit of a difference between Macclesfield, Wigan and a team managed by England’s record goal scorer.
I’d like to see it applied now,but I just don’t think it will be.
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:31 - May 10 with 2892 viewsCamberleyR

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:04 - May 10 by daveB

Oh please let this happen, would love Wycombe to stay up

On both Derby's and Wycombe's recent form, no doubt Wycombe deserve to stay up. Had the season gone on a week or two longer they would have survived.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:36 - May 10 with 2866 viewsRog

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:21 - May 10 by stowmarketrange

As mentioned earlier by someone else,there is virtually zero chance of the EFL applying a points deduction now.The season has finished and the legal battle would drag on for months,possibly until the new season starts.

Has the season finished? Or is it when the playoffs finish?
Login to get fewer ads

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:38 - May 10 with 2857 viewsdaveB

Derby now 4th bottom on 14:31 - May 10 by TheChef

And Wigan last season too, no?

Wigan knew about points deduction during the season ended although was only applied at the end of the season
Derby now 4th bottom on 15:45 - May 10 with 2827 viewsSimplyNico

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:36 - May 10 by Rog

Under the EFL Rules:

'Season’ means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match and, for each Club, ending immediately after the completion of the Club’s final fixture of the League Competition or, if the Club is participating in the Play-Offs, the final Play-Off match for that Club.

So the Season has finished for Derby and Wycombe.
Derby now 4th bottom on 16:43 - May 10 with 2681 viewsDWQPR

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:36 - May 10 by Rog

Depends whether Loic Remy is available

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby now 4th bottom on 17:02 - May 10 with 2613 viewsHarbour

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:45 - May 10 by SimplyNico

Under the EFL Rules:

'Season’ means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match and, for each Club, ending immediately after the completion of the Club’s final fixture of the League Competition or, if the Club is participating in the Play-Offs, the final Play-Off match for that Club.

Give them 12 point deduction start next season.
Derby now 4th bottom on 19:47 - May 10 with 2400 viewsdavman

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:45 - May 10 by SimplyNico

Under the EFL Rules:

It angers me just how unprofessional the rules are. Why does every single "breach" of these rules end up in the hands of the lawyers?

If it is that complicated, the rules cannot be suitable for a sporting competition. It is beyond a joke. If they hold off 'til next season Wycombe will cry foul, ignoring the fact that these offences relate to a period when Wycombe weren't even in this league!

Just make the owners put all funds in up front, ban placing debt on the club and insist on transparency of accounts as a condition of membership. You don't like it; then leave the competition. If you take the ruling body to court, fine, but you'll be expelled next season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Derby now 4th bottom on 21:30 - May 10 with 2257 viewsLazyFan

Derby now 4th bottom on 17:02 - May 10 by Harbour

Which they will then appeal halfway through the season when they see that they could go down and only get 6 pts as SWFC did.

zzzzzzzzzz

Derby now 4th bottom on 21:47 - May 10 with 2210 viewsJuzzie

Derby now 4th bottom on 15:31 - May 10 by CamberleyR

On both Derby's and Wycombe's recent form, no doubt Wycombe deserve to stay up. Had the season gone on a week or two longer they would have survived.

As much as it would have been good (still could be) to see Derby go down it’s based on results over the whole season where form ebbs and flows, not just on what happens in the last six games or so.
Derby now 4th bottom on 22:15 - May 10 with 2160 viewsQPR_John

Derby now 4th bottom on 19:47 - May 10 by davman

It angers me just how unprofessional the rules are. Why does every single "breach" of these rules end up in the hands of the lawyers?

If it is that complicated, the rules cannot be suitable for a sporting competition. It is beyond a joke. If they hold off 'til next season Wycombe will cry foul, ignoring the fact that these offences relate to a period when Wycombe weren't even in this league!

Just make the owners put all funds in up front, ban placing debt on the club and insist on transparency of accounts as a condition of membership. You don't like it; then leave the competition. If you take the ruling body to court, fine, but you'll be expelled next season.

“If you take the ruling body to court, fine, but you'll be expelled next season.”

I think the football authorities would be on shaky ground taking sanctions against a club for taking them to court.
Derby now 4th bottom on 22:23 - May 10 with 2133 viewsSunnyVanGo

Sunderland Echo
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-af

Sunderland Echo
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-af
(useful if you didn't hear it first time)

Who knows, but feels a bit of click bait...
Derby now 4th bottom on 12:18 - May 11 with 1856 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57068040

Well it looks like they are in serious FFP trouble now but I am guessing that a Wayne Rooney autographed shirt and a tray of cakes may get them off the hook. I feel a fine coming on but no points deduction. Or may be the EFL will just add a bit to our FFP debt as we are seemingly the only ones that get walloped for millions.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby now 4th bottom on 12:54 - May 11 with 1765 viewsTheChef

Derby now 4th bottom on 12:18 - May 11 by bosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57068040

Well it looks like they are in serious FFP trouble now but I am guessing that a Wayne Rooney autographed shirt and a tray of cakes may get them off the hook. I feel a fine coming on but no points deduction. Or may be the EFL will just add a bit to our FFP debt as we are seemingly the only ones that get walloped for millions.

Well obviously we should get fined for mental cruelty for beating them in the play off final.

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:06 - May 11 with 1735 viewsenfieldargh

Derby now 4th bottom on 17:02 - May 10 by Harbour

they did that to SW then reduced it.

SW still went down tho

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:27 - May 11 with 1651 viewsBostonR

I see Steve Gibson from Middlesbrough appears to have had a hand in overturning the original verdict. Did he not clash with Lee Hoos over our predicament? Pot-kettle black and all that with him!
Derby now 4th bottom on 13:30 - May 11 with 1623 viewsNorthernr

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:27 - May 11 by BostonR

I see Steve Gibson from Middlesbrough appears to have had a hand in overturning the original verdict. Did he not clash with Lee Hoos over our predicament? Pot-kettle black and all that with him!

No it was Preston and Ridsdale who were unsympathetic to our idea.
Derby now 4th bottom on 13:35 - May 11 with 1606 viewsrsonist

https://theathletic.com/2577723/2021/05/11/the-derby-county-management-and-fans-

And the Indonesia angle does not stop with Oktohari, as it has also been suggested to The Athletic that the real source of Alonso’s funds is Tommy Suharto, the youngest son of General Suharto, who ran Indonesia from 1967 to 1998. A committed anti-Communist, General Suharto enjoyed the West’s support for much of his reign but is now widely considered to be one of the most corrupt dictators in modern history, having amassed a personal fortune of more than £20 billion.

His son Tommy is no less controversial. In 2002, he was convicted of ordering the murder of a judge who had been investigating him for a property scam. But thanks to his family’s power and wealth, he only served four years of a 15-year sentence that was already considered to be remarkably lenient.

When asked about his connection to Tommy Suharto, Alonso told The Athletic: “Tommy is my friend.”
]
Derby now 4th bottom on 13:37 - May 11 with 1593 viewsTheChef

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:35 - May 11 by rsonist

https://theathletic.com/2577723/2021/05/11/the-derby-county-management-and-fans-

And the Indonesia angle does not stop with Oktohari, as it has also been suggested to The Athletic that the real source of Alonso’s funds is Tommy Suharto, the youngest son of General Suharto, who ran Indonesia from 1967 to 1998. A committed anti-Communist, General Suharto enjoyed the West’s support for much of his reign but is now widely considered to be one of the most corrupt dictators in modern history, having amassed a personal fortune of more than £20 billion.

His son Tommy is no less controversial. In 2002, he was convicted of ordering the murder of a judge who had been investigating him for a property scam. But thanks to his family’s power and wealth, he only served four years of a 15-year sentence that was already considered to be remarkably lenient.

When asked about his connection to Tommy Suharto, Alonso told The Athletic: “Tommy is my friend.”
]

Fit and Proper to a tee.

Derby now 4th bottom on 13:42 - May 11 with 1574 viewsrsonist

In addition to that in there:

If the EFL agrees his funding is legitimate, are there any other obstacles to the deal getting done? Several.

Last August, Morris, who has sunk about £200 million of his wealth into his hometown club since 2014, took a loan from the British arm of American private equity firm MSD Partners secured against Pride Park and the club’s training ground.

Any change of ownership at the club would give MSD the right to call in this loan, which now totals somewhere between £15-30 million, depending on who you talk to. Whatever the exact amount, MSD can also apply early redemption penalties if it chooses.

The Athletic understands MSD would like to have its money back and move on, but Alonso wants the American firm to let him take personal responsibility for the loan and give up its claims on the club’s property assets. He would then provide security from personal assets.

When asked if he wanted to borrow more money against the stadium, which Morris bought from the club for £81 million in 2018 to help Derby avoid breaching the EFL’s financial fair play rules, Alonso said: “I don’t want to refinance. I just want the MSD loan in my name, so the club is clean.”

This is a perfectly understandable ambition for a new owner of a club that has just avoided relegation to League One by a point and needs a radical overhaul of its playing staff, but it hinges on a private equity firm agreeing to give up its legally enforceable claims against the various companies in the Derby group in return for personal guarantees from a 29-year-old of uncertain wealth.

(The other obstacles are the threat of points deduction, and a suggestion that the mystery backer might already be looking to kick Alonso out).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024