Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calories in beer 21:26 - Apr 16 with 3182 viewscolinallcars

I read today that in its battle against obesity, the government wants the calorie count to be shown on beer.
Imagine a bloke in Scotland saying “give us a pint o' Heavy pal”
Calories in beer on 21:34 - Apr 16 with 2823 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea but doubt it'll solve much with Obesity.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Calories in beer on 21:37 - Apr 16 with 2808 viewsqpr_1968

after a couple of beers you don't give a shite whats in it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Calories in beer on 22:48 - Apr 16 with 2706 viewsstowmarketrange

We probably drink less beer now than we have for decades,but the government think there’s a problem with the amount of calories in it.
Do they honestly think people will only go out for a swift 500 calories?
Calories in beer on 22:50 - Apr 16 with 2701 viewsToast_R

Eating's cheating
Calories in beer on 08:58 - Apr 17 with 2504 viewsbosh67

208 calories in a pint of beer. Not as many as people think. Obviously if you have 4 pints and a couple of kebabs you are on about 28,000 calories for the day.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Calories in beer on 09:19 - Apr 17 with 2486 viewscolinallcars

I'm old enough to remember when there was no indication of the ABV on beer pump clips.
Whilst you could mostly tell if a beer was strong by the taste, some people got caught out when drinking in an unfamiliar place.
Calories in beer on 09:37 - Apr 17 with 2460 viewsnix

I'm not sure if it would work with beer but it definitely stopped me buying cake in coffee shops when I realised one small cake was the fifth of my daily calorie allowance.

Though I prefer the idea of how far I'd have to exercise to work it off. I might then think I'm prepared to walk for an hour to work off that packet of crisps. Win-win.
Calories in beer on 10:37 - Apr 17 with 2407 viewsGloryHunter

Calories in beer on 08:58 - Apr 17 by bosh67

208 calories in a pint of beer. Not as many as people think. Obviously if you have 4 pints and a couple of kebabs you are on about 28,000 calories for the day.

Cue quick Lenny Henry sketch:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00d1swv
Login to get fewer ads

Calories in beer on 10:52 - Apr 17 with 2385 viewsSK_hoops

[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 10:53]
Calories in beer on 11:18 - Apr 17 with 2340 viewsloftus77

Just about to go out to the pub for first time in ages on a sunny day. Really don't want to read this thread. But truth hurts, I guess...
Calories in beer on 13:02 - Apr 17 with 2262 viewsDorse

Calories in beer on 11:18 - Apr 17 by loftus77

Just about to go out to the pub for first time in ages on a sunny day. Really don't want to read this thread. But truth hurts, I guess...

There a facts and then there are alternative facts. Donald Trump said so, so it must be true.

In that case, beer makes you big and clever. And cures baldness.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Calories in beer on 13:30 - Apr 17 with 2236 viewscolinallcars

Calories in beer on 13:02 - Apr 17 by Dorse

There a facts and then there are alternative facts. Donald Trump said so, so it must be true.

In that case, beer makes you big and clever. And cures baldness.

Well, I haven't got hair despite prolific beer drinking
Calories in beer on 13:45 - Apr 17 with 2211 viewsDorse

Calories in beer on 13:30 - Apr 17 by colinallcars

Well, I haven't got hair despite prolific beer drinking

But I bet you're big and clever

Calories in beer on 19:43 - Apr 17 with 2013 viewsToast_R

Anyone noticed Stella is a mere 4.6% thesedays?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 19:44]
Calories in beer on 20:04 - Apr 17 with 1958 viewshantssi

Calories in beer on 09:19 - Apr 17 by colinallcars

I'm old enough to remember when there was no indication of the ABV on beer pump clips.
Whilst you could mostly tell if a beer was strong by the taste, some people got caught out when drinking in an unfamiliar place.

I remember being in a village pub in the wilds of Hertfordshire years ago (late 70’s?) and a bloke came in and asked for a pint of Double Diamond, sorry sir we don’t sell that here says the barman, give me a pint of your strongest ale then says the punter, a pint of Greene King Abbott Ale is poured, punter drinks it, this is p**s water says the punter, 3 pints later he falls off the bar stool!!
Calories in beer on 20:26 - Apr 17 with 1925 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Calories in beer on 21:37 - Apr 16 by qpr_1968

after a couple of beers you don't give a shite whats in it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Calories in beer on 22:51 - Apr 17 with 1815 viewsBoston

Calories in beer on 20:04 - Apr 17 by hantssi

I remember being in a village pub in the wilds of Hertfordshire years ago (late 70’s?) and a bloke came in and asked for a pint of Double Diamond, sorry sir we don’t sell that here says the barman, give me a pint of your strongest ale then says the punter, a pint of Greene King Abbott Ale is poured, punter drinks it, this is p**s water says the punter, 3 pints later he falls off the bar stool!!

Excellent. One Sunday morning many years ago, my two brothers, myself and our brother in law nipped around the corner to the Norfolk Arms. We hit the bar right on opening and started the ordering when this look of dismay swept across the in laws face, expressing total disgust at the choice of beers (he was from rural Gloucestershire), he snidely accepted our recommendation to just drink the lager and enjoy the banter. My sister could have killed us when we got back for dinner a few hours later, bloke was literally dribblin'...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Calories in beer on 09:42 - Apr 18 with 1685 viewsA40Bosh

Calories in beer on 09:37 - Apr 17 by nix

I'm not sure if it would work with beer but it definitely stopped me buying cake in coffee shops when I realised one small cake was the fifth of my daily calorie allowance.

Though I prefer the idea of how far I'd have to exercise to work it off. I might then think I'm prepared to walk for an hour to work off that packet of crisps. Win-win.

"when I realised one small cake was the fifth of my daily calorie allowance"

And there is the fundamental issue that can easily be resolved Nix.

If you don't give yourself a 'daily calorie allowance', then the calories within one small cake becomes an irrelevance allowing you to enjoy it without the guilt.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Calories in beer on 10:39 - Apr 18 with 1635 viewsDorse

Calories in beer on 22:51 - Apr 17 by Boston

Excellent. One Sunday morning many years ago, my two brothers, myself and our brother in law nipped around the corner to the Norfolk Arms. We hit the bar right on opening and started the ordering when this look of dismay swept across the in laws face, expressing total disgust at the choice of beers (he was from rural Gloucestershire), he snidely accepted our recommendation to just drink the lager and enjoy the banter. My sister could have killed us when we got back for dinner a few hours later, bloke was literally dribblin'...

Dangerous things calories.

Calories in beer on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 1582 viewsDavieQPR

If i was to say it would be called 'fat shaming' but Big Brother can say what they want.
Calories in beer on 15:59 - Apr 18 with 1520 viewsnix

Calories in beer on 09:42 - Apr 18 by A40Bosh

"when I realised one small cake was the fifth of my daily calorie allowance"

And there is the fundamental issue that can easily be resolved Nix.

If you don't give yourself a 'daily calorie allowance', then the calories within one small cake becomes an irrelevance allowing you to enjoy it without the guilt.

That's an excellent strategy Bosh. I now feel inspired to ignore any attempt at calorie counting. Cheers, I suddenly fell like a beer 🍺...
Calories in beer on 16:12 - Apr 18 with 1499 viewscolinallcars

Calories in beer on 10:39 - Apr 18 by Dorse

Dangerous things calories.

Super calorific expialodocious.
Calories in beer on 21:21 - Apr 18 with 1416 viewsHayesender

I had three large bottles of some Henry Westons cider the other day. I've no idea how many calories were in them, but my legs wouldn't work properly after.

Dangerous thing these calories

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Calories in beer on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 1304 viewsMetallica_Hoop

They can put what they like on it I'm only interested in the % and what type of ale it is.

'Fatty blond' sounds like some of the things I used to see heading to The Palais. Or should that be Grimbergen.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Calories in beer on 08:44 - Apr 19 with 1301 viewsloftboy

Calories in beer on 08:39 - Apr 19 by Metallica_Hoop

They can put what they like on it I'm only interested in the % and what type of ale it is.

'Fatty blond' sounds like some of the things I used to see heading to The Palais. Or should that be Grimbergen.

Fatty blonde changes to slim blonde shell after6 pints of it!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024